Among Us - Zenith

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She could easily make them stay behind, but Esta was intrigued by the human emotions of love and loyalty. She also ascertained that it would be easier to just acquiesce to their wishes. "Then let us make haste." The egg quickly departed from the main ship.

**

Adam lost count of the number of times he narrowly escaped the swing of the club or tail. His ribs were finally just starting to heal, and he could once again feel his fingers in his right hand, but he was a long way from establishing any type of attack. Currently hiding behind a counter, he was trying to get a visual of his Graytorth. He shifted to his left just as the massive club crashed through the counter and into the floor. Acting on instinct, Adam kicked the huge reptile in his face, breaking the orbital bone around its left eye.

After the blow he scurried for more space as he listened to the Barkkwa leader chuckle in a deep baritone. "Pitiful! You can run Terran, but I will kill you. You and everyone you love!" Adam stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around to face the voice. "That is right Terran. I know who your parents are. I was hoping to use their skills to create a superior slave race, but alas it is not to be. I will take great pleasure dismembering your father in front of his bitch Isabel. The Opius whore could not even get a woman pregnant... no matter how many times we made her fuck!"

Struggling to keep his cool, he stared down his attacker. "They're safe now." Adam challenged.

"Oh yes... the big escape. You Terrans think of life in such linear terms. My force on this planet is larger than even Estalaquintoo could fathom. I will win this battle Terran and in doing so... I will eventually kill your parents." He lunged quickly towards Adam. "But first I must finish you!"

The monologue caught Adam unprepared and combined with his injuries, the great Barkkwa leader had tackled him into a pile of busted tables and chairs. The 500lb reptile had his left leg crushing Adams right arm, using his club to crush his throat, pushing with both claws. Drool covered his eyes as it escaped the alien's gaping maw. His anticipation of victory was so very close. Adam tried to push back with his left arm, but he knew he was only delaying the inevitable. He turned his head away from the breath and drool, squinting his eyes for focus... and there it was, his Graytorth. He could reach it, but it would mean leaving his throat vulnerable to being crushed. With no options available he summed the last of his will for speed. As quickly as his hand left the club, he seized the energy sword that ignited instantly, and drove it through the side of the alien reptile.

"ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!" The Grand Director released his club and howled in pain as the sword remained inside his body. Adam was so weakened that he could do little else but hold it there. The wound was significant, but the alien still had strength to finish his job. "It was a good attempt Terran, but I will heal from this. You however will not." He raised his club despite the pain, with every intention of crushing Adam's skull.

*FZFZFZFZFZFZFZFZFZFFFZFZFZFZ*

A deep hum came from his body. A quick glance at the sword saw that it was cycling through multiple colors as the sound got louder and louder. "You fool! You will kill us both."

"True..." Adam muttered. "But my race will survive."

As the brute released his club, he tried desperately to remove the energy sword.

"Adam... you will not survive if you do this." Esta's voice pierced his mind.

"I know. Tell Sarah, my parents...my family... I love them. Keep them safe Esta... do this for me."

There was a delay in her answer, and it came with regret. "Of course."

Esta was talking with Adam, but she was racing towards the building. His parents were watching through the large view screen as she approached the media helicopter that was still hanging out by the blown-out wall. With no more than a few seconds to spare, the protective tractor beam encompassed the chopper once again and lifted it straight up.

"Esta? What are you..." Isabel wasn't able to finish her sentence when the entire building blew apart from the inside, launching large chunks of debris into the protective light. Fortunately, the cement and metal proved to be no match for its strength causing the ship and chopper in tow, to bounce around from the aftershock.

The last image the media helicopter sent was the massive fireball of an explosion of the old hospital.

Sarah watched the live TV broadcast as her world blew up, leaving her throat raw from screaming over and over.

"ADAM! ADAM! A..DAM... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Chapter V

"Oh my god! Esta!" Isabel and Katie were sobbing at the sight of the completely destroyed building. "Why? Would he do this?" Katie cried.

"I sensed he felt he had no choice. His last words to the Grand Director were... BUT MY RACE WILL SURVIVE. His choice ended the Barkkwa threat forever."

Adam's parents watched in horror as the sleek egg-shaped spacecraft hovered over the pit where the hospital once stood. After several minutes, Jason couldn't take it anymore. "I think we've seen enough Esta. Can we leave this place... please." Esta didn't reply. "Esta? Did you hear me?" Jason reiterated.

"Yes... sorry. I..." Esta sounded distracted. "I just need to check something Jason." The image on the viewing screen zoomed in tighter. Jason and the girls didn't know if the whole ship moved or if it was just the optics. But the space they were looking at got smaller and smaller until they were looking at a space that was no more than two feet by two feet. On screen a small mechanical arm appeared and carefully reached into the debris. With delicate moves like a paleontologist at an archeological find, the small three-pronged claw reached into the ground and pulled out what looked like a handle of some kind.

"What is that?" Jason asked.

"It is Adam's Graytorth."

They could sense the speculation in Esta's voice. "What's going on Esta?" Katie asked anxiously.

"We must hurry!" With that, the view screen was filled with blurred images, clouds, then space. They were heading back to the main ship.

"What... what's going on? Esta?" Isabel was feeling panicked.

"Forgive me, I must depart. Remain here and I will return."

"Esta?" Isabel called out. "Esta?"

"I think she left." Katie surmised and slumped into one of the seats, catching the attention of her friends. The moment of silence made her deal with the recent events. "I can't believe he's gone." She began to cry harder as her emotions took their toll. Instantly Isabel and Jason knelt beside her, and the three parents grieved the loss of their only son.

What could have been 10 minutes could have easily been 3 hours. The sobbing within the trio had slowed to the occasional sniffs. "I'm glad he had you Katie. When we realized that we lost three full years, the only thing that kept me from going bezerk was knowing you would be there for him." Isabel stroked the pixie's blonde hair.

"Jade and Vern were life savers. They stepped up in a big way... especially Vern." The pixie sniffed.

"I feel like such an asshole. Through all of this I hadn't even asked how they were doing, or my parents for that matter." Isabel admonished herself.

"Sweetheart... we were captured, frozen, drugged and on the run. That's a lot of distraction." Her husband reassured her.

"Your folks were as awesome as usual. They visited and stayed for large chunks. They were a huge part of Adam's recovery. Hell, they were a huge part of mine!" She smiled at her friend. As quickly as she smiled, her lips evened out. "Jade took it real hard, but she tried to move forward. She even had a few boyfriends." The information made Isabel smile.

"What about Veronica?" She was still smiling.

"Vern took it extremely hard. She's basically shut everyone and everybody out of her life except for us and her job."

Isabel hugged her tiny best friend. "I hope she forgives me when I see her."

"I'm sure all will be forgiven the minute your huge cock is in her ass." Katie giggled causing the other two to chuckle along.

The lighter moment ended abruptly when an opening appeared on the side of the vessel. "Follow the yellow light." It was Esta and as soon as she spoke a yellow beam appeared in the floor. The group walked out of the ship into a space devoid of any color. Save for the yellow line in the floor, everything was a highly glossed white.

"Where are we going Esta?" Jason asked as they scampered through the endless white halls. There were no stairs or elevators, every time the light came against a wall, an opening appeared, and the light continued. After the fourth opening they found themselves looking through a large window. Inside the stark white room was a single bed with an inverted white dome over top of it. There appeared to be nothing holding it up, yet it was stationary. "Wha..."

Jason was interrupted as the dome became active and a series of colorful lights crisscrossed over the table. At first the sequence was slow, but it eventually moved so fast the colors began to blur into one. At the foot of the table, where the lights began, they could see something forming.

"Are those feet? Katie asked out loud.

The lights continued their lightning quick movements along the table and the trio could see they were in fact feet, as legs were also becoming apparent.

"Esta... What is this? What's happening?" Isabel was looking some kind of answer.

"The Graytorth is made from pure energy. It has the ability to take on an indestructible solid form. It can act as a catalyst like a ray or a strong vibration. But it can also convert, compact and protect other forms of energy."

It hit Jasom immediately. "Are you telling us... that's our Adam?!"

"Yes. The reconstruction of his atomic structure will be finished in a few more minutes."

"Does this mean he's alive?" Katie jumped and grabbed Isabel's arm.

"It is possible. I have seen this once before, but the transition was within a much shorter time frame, and it did not involve an explosion of such magnitude. However, I am hopeful."

Five minutes had passed as the last of the light rays finished their pattern. On the table lay the perfect replica of the naked body of Adam. "Is he... is he ok?" Katie asked quietly.

"We must give it a minute." Esta's tone was safely neutral.

Adam's body began to lightly tremble as his parents watched through the observation window. The tremors slowly graduated until he was full out convulsing on the table. A white mechanical arm appeared from the dome and administered something through a shot in the chest.

"Esta? What's happening?"

"His brain was trying to wake but his heart was not beating hard enough. The isotope is designed to counter that."

His convulsions began to slowly retreat until he was once again lying motionless. The silence was broken by a huge gasp from Adam, who bolted into a seated position.

"ADAM!" His mom's screamed in unison, causing him to look towards them.

Instantly the viewing window melted into an opening and the parents stormed through it to be with their son. Words couldn't be formed by any of them as they cried and hugged for the longest time. So many emotions all culminated into this moment, Even Esta was moved. The human race was, indeed, unique, troublesome and amazing all in one.

Wrapped up tightly by his mom's, Adam looked around the room. "Esta? Are you here?"

"Yes Adam, of course."

"Did I... did we... win?"

"You were successful Adam. Your planet is free of the Barkkwa. You have proven to be more than we could have ever asked for."

The compliment was seconded by his parents, causing him to snicker." I wish I could hug you, Esta. You have given me back... everything." He looked to the smiling faces of his parents.

Suddenly Isabel felt a push in her mind, and she smiled and nodded. "Honey... Esta is in my subconscious, and she has asked me to give her access to my sensory and motor functions. It appears she would like to hug you too."

Isabel's eyes flashed for a millisecond. "This goes against everything we live by, but I wish to feel the emotions you feel."

Adam stood and enveloped his mother, with Esta inside. The hug was tender, but firm and Esta could feel his heart beating. "Oh my! I can feel your life force!" Esta squeaked.

"Thank you for everything Estaliquintoo of Opius. I owe you everything."

"It is us who owe you, Adam Cooper. You have made the universe a safer place today."

"Esta?"

"Yes Adam?"

"Can you take us home?"

**

The toughest part of the return home was finding an area where the spacecraft could release the occupants without drawing attention. To make the situation even trickier, Adam was still nude. The Opius had no need for clothing and none of the others had anything to spare. Katie navigated them to a park, behind a long line of thick spruce trees. The coverage was good but the placement of a goodwill drop off box was even better. Katie would have seemed to have just appeared, from the cloaked craft, but the initial surveying showed no one around. After a few minutes rummaging through the container, she came back with a pair of sandals, black stretchy sweatpants and an orange shirt that had black tiger stripes on it.

"You can't be serious?" Adam held up the items. "You sure there was nothing else?"

"Beggers can't be choosers dear. It's either this or you walk into the hotel naked as the day you were born." Isabel jeered.

"Just a little...larger." Katie finished with a giggle.

"Leave the poor boy alone!" Jason stood up for his son with mock bravado.

The shirt was snug, the sandals a little small, but the pants looked sprayed on. They were so tight he had the combination of a massive moose knuckle and a camel toe thanks to his big balls. He looked up and saw each of his parents trying, unsuccessfully, not to laugh.

"Uhg! Let's just go and get this over with." He pushed out of the opening into the park. He took a few steps then stopped in his tracks. "Esta? Are we still going to be able to communicate?"

"Nothing has changed Adam. While you may not be needed as our warrior right now, you have always been one of us. Unless you choose to discontinue our bond." Esta's voice seemed to waiver at the end.

Adam looked back to the spot where the cloaked ship was located. "You are my family too, Esta."

"Thank you, Adam. Now go. Your family needs to know you are ok."

The weight of her statement hit him hard. Did Sarah think he was dead? They'd have no way of knowing they all escaped. "Shit! C'mon let's go!" He led the way to their destination, two blocks away.

The eclectic looking group turned many heads along the way, with Adam getting more than his fair share of attention. In fact, one woman gasped when she saw him, making no effort to stop staring at his well-advertised package. They piled into an elevator, Katie hitting the close door button before anyone else could join them.

"I never really appreciated the fact that my cock shrinks so small when I'm not aroused, as I am right now." Isabel blurted in the elevator, causing all three adults to laugh.

"Did you see that woman?" Katie teased. "I was worried she was going to drop to her knees right there!" She laughed. Jason chuckled along, taking small pleasure in seeing his son so uncomfortable.

When the door opened, Katie raced out first only to be blocked and grabbed by three large security men. "Oh! Wait! I was the one staying here... remember? I was kidnapped?" The security guard looked unimpressed. "PLESASE! Ask Veronica! She would've been the one who hired you."

A fourth security officer arrived at the kerfuffle, catching the last part of Katie's statement. "Who are you supposed to be?" He looked down at her.

Isabel, Jason and Adam quickly came in behind the blonde pixie. "Can you just call Veronica and let her know the gang's back together." She looked at his scowl. "Please! It's all I ask."

The lead security guard softened his look and pulled out his radio. "Hello Ms. Anderson? We have a group of four people here, one claiming she was the one who was kidnapped, and the tall brunette told me to tell you... the gang's back toge...." He had to drop his radio away from his ear because of the high-pitched squeal that came from the other end.

Not a moment later the huge double doors to the suite slammed open and Veronica was dashing down the hall, with Jade fast in tow. "ISABEL!!" Veronica shrieked as she ran to her lover and best friend.

"I'd move if I were you." Adam whispered to one of the guards, who had managed to twist his body just in time as Jade launched herself into Jason.

"JASON!" Jade would've knocked Jason to the ground if his son hadn't been there to support the onslaught.

"Hey Jade!" Jason smiled as she wrapped her legs around him giving him a big kiss.

Sure, Adam had learnt of the "special" relationships his parents and auntie's had, but he had always had some kind of suspicion. As he watched the love explode in front of him. He had to wonder how had even doubted it. His mom and Vern were locked together like lovers. Jade, his father and Katie hugging and kissing like a couple reunited. It was all so... wonderful! He gave them all their moment considering how long Isabel and Jason were gone... presumed dead. Adam couldn't help but tear up watching his family. So lost in it all he almost missed it.

"Adam?"

He spun his head to see Sarah step out into the hallway, looking tired and stressed in his old sweatshirt and shorts. Her hair was an absolute mess and her eyes were all puffy from the crying she had been doing. If he had to be honest... she never looked more beautiful.

"Sarah-bear..." He choked out.

It took a moment, but she finally realized it wasn't a dream and allowed herself to accept it was him.

"ADAM!" Her cry was full of emotion as she bolted down the hallway. Jade had always been the one to come in hot, but Sarah was at a whole other level. The guards didn't need to be warned, as they all plastered themselves to the wall giving her a wide berth. Without breaking stride, she slammed into him driving him back at least a foot. She whined and whimpered as she struggled with feeling his body tight to hers. "I thought...y...you...were...dead." She cried into his neck, while kissing him.

Everyone else stopped their own celebrations to take in the moment. Fresh tears came from their eyes as the display of emotion was hard to ignore. Even a couple of the guards were getting misty, which prompted the lead guard to assemble his team somewhere else to give them the privacy they needed.

Adam whispered quietly into Sarah's ears. Words of love, engrossed with forever commitments were shared back and forth. Even when things started to settle down, Sarah would not let him go, afraid he might disappear. Isabel and Jason separated from the group and slowly made their way towards the young couple. They stood silently, only putting their hands on Adam's shoulder. It wasn't until he was sure his voice would work did Adam address the situation.

"Mom... dad. This is Sarah. Sarah... this is my mom Isabel and my dad Jason Cooper." Sarah slowly revealed her worn face from Adam's chest and slowly separated herself. She tried to speak but she started crying again, so Isabel and Jason wrapped her up in a big hug.

"It's ok sweetheart. We'll have plenty of time to catch up." Isabel stroked her hair.

"Thank you for being there for our Adam Sweetie." Jason rubbed her shoulder.

Katie, Veronica and Jade took the opportunity to gather around Adam and smother him with love and kisses. Isabel was finally able to coax the young girl down the hall, with everyone else making the walk back to the room. When Jason closed the door, Isabel and Sarah had finally separated and the group was quiet as everyone just sized each other up.