Among Us - Zenith

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Can't she just... project into someone?" The chair asked.

"Her projections are limited to lifeforms they have worked with in the past. She doesn't want to alienate and humans accidentally by using a form without proper consent."

"And do you give your permission freely Mr. Finkelstein?"

"I do madam chair. Unequivocally."

"Very well. If there are no objections?" She looked about the chamber. "Very well counsellor, she may speak through you."

"I am Estalaquintoo. I am Opius."

"You're their leader?" The chair asked.

Esta considered her question. "I suppose there is some merit to that analogy, but it would not be entirely as you would understand it." The large room was dead silent, so Esta took the opportunity to keep speaking. "The Terran you call my lawyer has made some very interesting observations. I honestly did not expect that to be the case.

"Do you believe we are beneath you Estalg... Estrilo... whatever."

"No. But I am fascinated by your angry response. Why are words so easily corrupted here? Does no one speak with sincerity?" Once again, the hall was quiet. "We have been observing Terra for close to 100 years of your life spans. While you grow in numbers, improving your health, your technology, you have become distrusting. We had hoped the last of your great wars would have been enough to redirect your future. But alas in has not come to pass."

"Are you here to lecture us about our history? Tell us all the things we're doing wrong?" One of the board members broke proceedings protocols, by speaking out. He received a serious stare from the chair and the rest of the board. "Well Seriously! I feel like an adolescent being reprimanded by my parents for screwing up!"

The chair slammed her gavel again, causing the director to stop talking.

Esta looked directly at the man. "And did you hear their words? Has your anger prevented you from receiving the advice of elders? She walked across the floor until she was standing right in front of the director's podium. "I have lived centuries of your life cycles. I have travelled galaxies that your kind do not even know exist. I have seen worlds collapse and wars destroy. I have seen more than any of you could imagine."

Esta left the Terran body and reverted back to her gaseous state, floating in the middle of the room. The cloudy apparition took on a blue tint making it easy for people to see her.

"While our contact with Terra was premature, it was made in haste to prevent your world from becoming another barren planet. Last time... we did not act soon enough, and the outcome was devastating. Our warrior warned us that your planet was not prepared for our coming. That our presence would create fear... anger... deceit... and aggression." Esta once again looked to the director who spoke out. "I downplayed their concern, for I saw so much promise." She paused as she considered her next words. "But I must concede. They were correct. You are not ready."

The entire room was filled with a buzz. Delegates once again shared their thoughts over the words just spoken.

*BANG!* *BANG!* *BANG!*

"We will maintain order!" The chairperson declared. Once the room was silent once again, she spoke to the alien apparition. "What does that mean and who is this warrior to have such an opinion of us. What does he know of our world?"

The blueish cloud that represented Esta was slowly fading. "It means that we will return someday. Perhaps then, we can have a new conversation." Gasps were heard throughout the delegation. "As for the opinion of our warrior... there is no one else's words I would trust more... for he is one of your own." Her apparition faded out completely. "May we meet again."

The room was electric with concern as the alien disappeared, no longer answering questions. The tension rose as people wondered what that meant. Were they alone once again? Were they sitting ducks for another alien invasion? No matter how many times the chairperson slammed her gavel, order would not be returned to the delegation.

Amid all this, a single man walked in from the side door. He made his way past security without the slightest incident, continued down the small path between the rows of seats, until he was standing in the middle of the room. The unexpected stranger had an immediate impact on the delegation. People stopped talking and returned to their seats or stood still. The stranger's existence demanded attention and the room respectfully became quiet. All eyes were focused on the man with the white glowing eyes.

"It was I who ended the Barkkwa invasion." Adam stated sternly. "I was once one of you. Now, I am someone else. I will remain here and be the voice to Estalaquintoo on our planets progress." He did a 360 degree turn to make eye contact with each individual. "I will not police for you. I will not partake in your politics. I will remain...I will live, and I will watch."

"For what? What will you watch for?" The chairperson was able to mutter.

"Signs." It was the only word Adam spoke, but all seemed to understand its meaning. Truth was it had many meanings depending on the individual receiving the information.

"Who... who are you?" A voice came from a seat higher up in the hall.

Putting his hands on his waist, Adam looked up to the voice. "I am, Opius."

EPILOGUE

"Can we get a picture with all of you?" The photographer motioned to the group of women.

"C'mon ladies, time to put your asses where your money is!" Isabel playfully taunted the business partners.

Bottom Line Athletics was celebrating its grand opening in midtown Toronto. The past year passed like a rollercoaster, with its shares of ups and downs, but more accurately it sped by to this moment. Katie, Veronica and Jade had done their homework and concluded that Toronto was the perfect place for their enterprise to enter Canada. World-class athletes from across the country vied to be spokespeople for the high class, high value club.

Life in general had picked up right where it left off before the Abduction of Isabel and Jason. The unique and eclectic family unit was back together. Isabel's return had brought back the smiles and bubbly personalities Veronica, Jade and Katie were known for. All was right in their world and their bedrooms.

Jason was happy to be stuck right smack dab in the middle of course. He loved Isabel so completely and seeing her happy made his heart sore. His relationships with the others were more familiar than romantic, although he and Katie had had more than their fair share of wild times together with Isabel present.

Jason had gone back to Nexus labs, who was welcomed back with open arms. He was their top geneticist and always seemed to be on the verge of breaking new ground. In fact, he was in the final stages of introducing two types of gene therapy. The first one was expected to not only control Multiple Sclerosis but eventually reverse its course. The second was in fertilization, helping woman become pregnant when all other methods failed. Its' beta test was off the charts, and it too was hailed an impending miracle.

Now Jason couldn't take all the credit. He has secretly been working with the collective consciousness of Opius. Their initial interest in his ability to combine and create a sperm sample fused with Opius DNA opened the door. While they had many things that could benefit mankind immediately, it was agreed that a slow and steady approach would garner less attention.

Isbel was also back working for Nexus as a consultant and public relations. She was once the face of Nexus labs and since her return, her notoriety had basically turned her into a rockstar... at least in the scientific community. People loved having her at their conferences as she was always a major draw for attendance.

Sarah was currently standing arm in arm with her three new business partners. She became the obvious choice for the owners of Bottom Line Athletics, to front and run their newest location. So enamored by her energy and resourcefulness, they were quick to bring her on as a fourth partner.

"Smile ladies! Oh, that's perfect, thank you." The photographer dropped his camera.

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" Isabel pipped up. "Ladies this is BOTTOM Line athletics. Let's do this promo picture right. Now everyone turn around." She clapped her hands to get the group to move.

They slowly spun around and interlocked their arms around each other's waist and turned their heads to look over their right shoulders.

"God... that's perfect." Isabel gloated as she smiled at the four perfect asses facing the camera.

"You can say that again." The photographer groaned before catching himself from his temporary lust. "Uhm... ok ladies. Smile pretty!"

Adam came through the door, dodging all the ribbons hanging in the lobby of the club. He snuck up behind Isabel... "See something you like mom?"

"Oh god! Shit Adam, you scared the crap out of me!" He gave her a kiss on her cheek and was quickly forgiven for his trick.

"There's my fiancé!" Sarah ran to him and embraced him in a lustful hug.

"Hey Bear. I see my mom's exploiting all your ass...sets." He gave his mom a quick stare.

"Oh stop! She's been great! Her PR experience is making everything go so smoothly!" She blew a kiss towards Isabel who smiled back. "Sooooo? How'd things go?

Adams face became serious, and he took a deep breath. "Esta's concerns are spot on. All of our intelligence out that way has basically verified the situation. In fact, it's far more advanced than she initially thought. We're talking sci-fi scary stuff."

Sarah looked into Adam's eyes and could see his worry. She hugged him again. "I'm sorry babe. Is it really that bad?"

Three weeks ago, a small projectile burned through the atmosphere and landed somewhere in Russia, Siberia to be exact. The Russian government wouldn't comment or forward any information about the impact. No one was allowed to go investigate. The conspiracy theories began of course, but Esta felt that there may be some truth to be concerned, so she had established "surveillance" using local military. It turns out that it wasn't a piece of rock, but a life form that was new to Opius.

"A small collection of AI lifeforms that look, smell, breath and act like regular humans... yeah, it can be bad. So far, they seem to be keeping to themselves, building and developing a base. We have no idea if their intentions are friendly or hostile, but sooner or later they will figure out what Esta did about our people."

"What's that?" Sarah inquired.

"We don't deserve what we have."

The End.