Amy Makes a New Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Each evening she would disappear to do her homework. One evening over dinner she mentioned that she was struggling with an economics thing. I checked back through the dusty recesses of my brain and managed to find an idea for her to research. Later on, she told me that she'd been able to complete that assignment and added, "You don't happen to speak French, do you?"

"A bit, why?"

"I need to try and get my head around this." We sat for about twenty minutes talking in French and as rusty as my French was, I enjoyed it. I was getting up to leave when she embraced me, "Thanks for your help and letting us live here and everything else, I love you. I wish you'd been in my life for longer." She kissed my cheek and I gave her a squeeze.

I walked away thinking the same thing and blinked back a tear.

Travelling to school was a pain for Sarah, but she pointed out that the benefits outweighed the inconvenience. Meredith and I tried to give her a lift when we could, but she never once complained.

When the cricket season began, Sarah spent lots of time training with the school team and the local club, she also started running a couple of times a week.

It took three months before Meredith decided to put her house on the market and it sold very quickly. That caused an argument about money between us. It was the most serious one that we'd had. I was annoyed at her insistence at giving me money and she was annoyed that I wouldn't take it. That evening in bed she teased me. She was between my legs and built me up with her tongue almost to the point of orgasm and then stopped. The first time she did it was okay, but she did it again and I was getting desperate. This was not something she normally did and I groaned and asked her why. She looked up at me and muttered, "We need to sort out money and until you agree I'll never let you come."

I laughed, determined to hold out, but it was me who gave in after another twenty minutes and almost getting there three more times. I just couldn't take it anymore and groaned, "Please let me come, please. We'll talk about money anything, please." Thirty seconds later I thought the top of my head was going to blow off, I don't recall ever coming like that before.

When I recovered, I kissed her and said, "I promise we'll talk about it tomorrow, but I can't now. I can't think straight."

I kept my promise and we sorted things out. I suggested that she put most of the money aside to pay for Sarah's further education, which she agreed to do. I also made a new will, you never know when things might happen and I made Meredith and Sarah my heirs, in any case, I had no one else.

* * * * *

The following year Sarah was selected to go on a junior cricket tour to the south of England. Meredith was worried and the two of us sat with Sarah to talk about it. "Mum, this is a great chance for me. I've been told that I have promise and I need to try it and see if that's true. I love playing cricket. Look at Hayley, she's doing great and if I could get anywhere like her I'd be overjoyed."

I sat thinking before I spoke, "I said that I'd never take Sarah's side over you and I meant it, but ..."

"But now you're going to?" Asked Meredith

"No. I'm going to tell you what I think and let you decide. I think that this is a golden opportunity for her. She won't be alone and I believe that she's an extraordinary young lady. I'm continually stunned by how sensible she is and her work ethic is remarkable. I think you should let her go."

"Thanks, Amy. But it has to be Mum's decision." Sarah smiled, grateful for the support.

"For so long I was terrified of losing you. Terrified that I hadn't done a good job raising you on my own. My perspective was skewed and Amy has made me see that I've done okay. You can go, but please be careful."

Sarah knocked Meredith back into the seat and showered her with kisses. When she stopped, she sat back and looked at her Mum with a serious face. "You've been astonishing and one thing I've always known is how much you love me. You're right, that since meeting Amy you've changed in a good way, you're happier and you see things through her eyes as well. I promise that I'll be careful."

That weekend we headed out and I spent a small fortune on new cricket gear despite them both protesting. I had no idea that a new bat could cost so much, it was, after all, just a piece of wood.

Sarah was away down south for two weeks and she played in six games. She'd loved the tour, being with new people and seeing new places, but she'd enjoyed real success when playing. Somehow, she managed to keep the highlight of the tour until she got back home.

"A couple of days ago we went to train on the Nursery Ground at Lords." I was pretty shocked, Lords was the place where cricket was first played to a high level, it was known as the headquarters of cricket, the ground was revered throughout the world and all cricketers dreamed of playing there one day.

"We didn't get on the pitch itself, just the training ground. We were having a net when Graham Dowling came over to watch."

"Graham Dowling? The England Captain?"

"Yes. He gave us a pep talk and asked two of us to bowl at him in the nets. I spent twenty minutes bowling at him and he gave me a few tips. He signed my bat and a ball. I really cannot believe that I've played with one of the best cricketers in the world, even if it was only in the nets."

"I'm impressed, that's quite something. Did you manage to bowl him out?"

Sarah laughed, "No, but I made him play and miss a couple of times. I tried his bat, makes mine look like a matchstick, I could barely lift it. I'm going to give the ball to Grandad."

* * * * *

Because cricket consumed all of Sarah's time away from school, I watched a great deal of it and, maybe because someone I cared for was playing, I grew to love it even more than already did. I managed to get three tickets for a one-day international match at Lords. We left early by train and dropped our bags at a hotel before heading to the ground. Sarah was delighted to show us around and the England team were practising before the start of the match in the nets where she'd bowled. We spent the next day sightseeing in London and went to see a musical that evening. In the taxi on way back to the hotel Sarah cuddled into my side, "Thanks for these couple of days. I loved being able to see a match at 'the home of cricket' and today's been fun great fun."

Meredith cuddled into my other side and added, "It has been great, a lovely couple of days with my two favourite people."

"I've enjoyed it more than I can tell you." I reflected quietly for a moment. "Maybe one day you'll get the chance to play at Lord's."

"That would be a dream, but somehow I think I've been as close as I'll ever get."

"If you keep up your practice you never know. I love you very much, both your Mum and I are very proud of you. I've loved the last two days, actually you two have changed my life and I love it. Thank you."

Sarah's cricket also made it awkward to get away for holidays, but one year we managed to get away for a week in between her games.

We headed to Barcelona, a city I'd visited a couple of times. It was new to Meredith and Sarah so we did all the tourist things, Las Ramblas, Gaudi's cathedral - La Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell and the Miro museum. It seemed as if we'd stopped for coffee or wine almost every hour to watch the world go by. We enjoyed an evening of flamenco over dinner and later watched the Magic Fountain. I walked along the beach in my bare feet holding Meredith's hand whilst Sarah skipped ahead of us kicking at the wavelets, like someone much younger. She laughed as she splashed herself and reminded me of the girl, I'd first met four years ago.

During our final dinner, I asked what they'd most enjoyed and Meredith replied. "I loved the passion of the flamenco, the passion that's been poured into that cathedral for so many years. I loved it all."

"What about you Sarah?"

"There hasn't been a moment of this trip that I haven't enjoyed, but ..." she paused, thinking.

"But, what?" I asked.

"Being with the two of you and seeing you both happy was best. I love you both."

I managed to mutter a, "Thank you," without starting to cry, "I feel the same."

A year later - University

We were finishing dinner when Sarah produced an envelope, "I got a letter from the University this morning." She was grinning.

"What? Why didn't you tell us? What does it say?"

"I've been accepted for the degree course in Sports Science, Coaching and Physical Education. It's an honours course and will give me a BSc, assuming I pass of course."

"Well done honey, I'm very proud of you. You've worked hard and deserve the chance." There were several hugs and big smiles.

I was moved to tears as I told her, "I'm so proud of you, very proud. Well done."

Sarah took both of our hands. "Mum, you've been amazing, coping alone for so long. Then meeting Amy and you two falling in love is wonderful. I doubt I could have done it without that, so thanks, Amy."

"I suspect you would've made it anyway, but I'm pleased if I helped in any way. What about cricket?"

"That's the great thing. As you know the England cricket performance centre is based there and I'll get the chance to train with them, play with the university women's team, maybe even the men's team and when the term is finished the Bandits want me as well."

"That's great."

"The cricket will help to pay for the course."

Meredith looked at me before continuing, "I put a lot of the money from the house sale aside, it'll help pay the fees. It was Amy's idea."

There were more hugs. I went to bed that night with a huge grin, when Meredith joined me and sat on the edge of the bed I said, "I'm pleased and proud. I know she's not my daughter but ..."

"She is your daughter now. That's how you treat her and that's how we both think of you. And now I need to thank you properly, wait until I get these clothes off."

Meredith disappeared to the bathroom and a few minutes later walked over to the bed naked. It made me smile. When she sat down, she took my hand, "You changed my life, and Sarah's, thank you."

"The two of you changed mine. I love you. Now are we going to talk all night or what?"

Meredith used her tongue, but there wasn't another word uttered for quite some time. I was exhausted and very satisfied by the time she was done. After some more kissing, I was about to move to take her nipples into my mouth when Meredith put her hand on my head. "I think we've played enough for tonight; I wore you out and that's okay." I sagged back into the pillow.

Meredith looked at me, "I meant what I said earlier, you've changed our lives and we were so lucky the night we sat next to you."

"I have no idea how my life would have turned out, but I'd never have predicted that it would be like this. I think you changed me just as much."

* * * * *

Sarah played cricket at every opportunity that summer and when she wasn't playing, she was training. Hayley and Sarah both used the facilities at the cricket ground, so they often trained together and they became friendly. There might have been a little hero worship going on as well. She also spent some time with Karen and Olivia, but not as much as she'd have liked and wasn't able to go on holiday with them. That disappointed her, but cricket took priority.

She settled in at University right away, she loved the courses and knuckled down, putting in lots of time to her studies. When I asked her about it, I wasn't surprised by her reply, "I need to cover as much as I can, as soon as cricket starts again, I'll have less time. I really want to make a go of cricket. I don't know if I'm good enough to make it, but I'll regret not trying, so ..." I admired her determination and had no doubt that she would do well.

Sarah came home most weekends and spent time with her Mum and me. They were good times and I relished every minute that we had together, but we encouraged her to make time for her friends. Occasionally Karen and Olivia would come over and spend the night with us. I loved those occasions, they didn't happen often enough in my view, but at least now they didn't 'steal' my mascara.

The tour

The door opened and I knew that peace had been shattered, but I smiled all the same. Sarah yelled before she even reached the kitchen, "Mum, I've got news, wait till you hear."

"Your Mum's not here yet, another twenty minutes."

"I know she told me."

"You called me Mum."

"That's how I think of you, one of my two Mum's"

"Okay, so what's the news and why aren't you still at Loughborough? I thought you weren't coming home until the weekend."

She stood right in front of me and I found it hard to believe that the beautiful lithe, obviously fit young lady, with a delightful face, sparkling eyes, full lips and gorgeous long blonde hair, was the same one that I'd met five short years ago. She smiled and I smiled back.

"I've been picked for the England development team and we're going to the West Indies." The smile was threatening to exceed the width of her face. I stood speechless.

"But, but you're only .... You've only just ..." I couldn't finish my thoughts or words. I shook myself, "Wow, that's wonderful, a surprise, it's great. Does Mum know?"

"No, I didn't want her the crash, so I waited."

Twenty minutes later I was convinced that Meredith was going to faint. I sat her down and she mumbled what were probably meant to be questions, but her words made no sense. Sarah took over and spelt out the details. Eventually, Meredith managed to mutter, "We need to call my parents, they'll be so excited."

I had an idea, "Why don't you call and tell them we're popping in for a visit. We'll all go over."

Sarah chatted all the way, none stop details of the conversations with the coaches, who else had been selected and what she expected to happen.

Eric and Cathy were ecstatic, at least once they got over the shock. I'd taken Eric another malt whisky and this time I joined him in toasting Sarah. It was a fun evening, even if I had to listen to all the details for the third time. By chance, Olivia and Karen were together and we stopped so that Sarah could break the news. Olivia's father, Roger, also a cricket fan was stunned. "I can hardly believe that the three of them are so grown up. It hardly seems any time since they were here with pigtails and barely in their teens. Now one of them is playing international cricket. I'm thrilled for her, a little jealous though."

* * * * *

Sarah was busy packing when I went to her room, clothes and cricket gear were strewn all over the floor. "That looks like a mess."

"No, it's not, I decided to lay out what I thought I might need before starting to pack."

"Okay. I need to tell you something and make some requests." She noted the serious look on my face.

"Stay safe, no drugs, moderate alcohol. One wrong move could end this so easily, you know that and I'm sure you'll be smart. Now, I've transferred £1000 into your account, so please, do not be short of anything you want and stand your round. If you need more, text me and I mean that. One more thing, if you don't call, text or zoom your mother every other day I'll .... Just please do it, she'll be uneasy whilst you're away."

"Thanks for the money and advice. I'll be safe I promise. I'll stay in touch with Mum and you."

"I'd love to hear from you, but on this trip, she'll be worried all the time and it's more important for you to stay in touch with her."

In the three weeks that Sarah was away, she only missed making contact on two days and that was because they were travelling. I got excited when she called and loved hearing her reports. I was even more pleased that she'd played well and had some success with both bat and ball.

I was pleased for Sarah, but it also meant that Meredith and I had twenty-two days of peace and time to enjoy each other.

The sex was sometimes loving, but most of the time it was pretty wild. We wore very few clothes around the house during that time and made love in every part of it, except Sarah's room. We got carried away with massage oil one evening on the lounge floor and it was only after we'd finished that we spotted the stains on the rug and it had to be replaced.

One evening we were preparing a salad and stopped for a kiss. Meredith happened to be holding a cucumber and as she pulled away, she laughed and said, "I'm making food, stop it or I'll hit you with this." She brandished the cucumber.

I laughed and for some reason muttered, "I could think of other uses for it." By the time the words were out I was going red and tried to say that I was sorry.

Meredith gave me a stern look, but I could see the smile behind the eyes, "If you mean putting it somewhere interesting then you have a dirty mind. Ever done that?"

By now I was bright red, "No, no I haven't." Meredith eyed the cucumber and with a lewd smile, "Maybe we should try?"

I laughed again, "This from a woman who not long ago told me that she didn't like sex." I grabbed her, pulled her towards me and in one movement had her sitting on the worktop. I pulled the hem of her skirt up and she slapped me.

"Tell you're joking?" She looked serious.

I took the cucumber rinsed it under the tap and licked it as lewdly as I could. I slid a couple of fingers inside her to find that she was soaking. "You seem ready and I'm willing to give this a try if you are?"

She threw her head back then looked at me, "A few years ago I would have said that anyone who could even imagine such a thing was a pervert and now I'm aching to feel it inside me, go for it." I placed the end against her thigh and she winced because it was cold. I could see that she was fighting the desire for this and the thought that this was wrong but she kept her thighs apart. I pushed gently, she gasped. I pushed some more and the end went inside, not much before I stopped.

"This is perverted, but right now I couldn't stop if I wanted to and I don't want to. Give it a shove."

I pushed and three inches disappeared. Her lips were stretched and she gasped again. I applied more pressure and now six inched had gone. "You, okay?" I enquired.

"Oh, fuck yes, go for it fuck me please."

I pulled it back and thrust it in again, she bucked and I could feel that she'd relaxed. I upped the speed and force that I was using and seconds later she came with a scream and grabbed my wrist. I stopped thinking I'd hurt her. "Sorry," I muttered.

"I'm not, that was intense and I needed to pause." I didn't move for all of thirty seconds before she said, "Now I need you to go again, please that is so good, so filthy, so bad. Fuck me."

We didn't have cucumber with our salad that evening, we felt that it was wrong. It became something that made us smile every time we came across one and occasionally it embarrassed me, at other times it turned me on, but we never repeated it, well, not with a cucumber.

* * * * *

Sarah looked great when she got home, the tan had enhanced her good looks, the sun had bleached her hair and for just a moment I was jealous; beautiful, talented, clever and with all the world in front of her. It took hours for her to tell us everything. I heard the details again when she told her grandparents and I suggested that she invite Olivia and Karen over so that I could drink wine in another room. As wonderful as it was, the daily reports we'd had, the news stories and the retelling started to wear thin after the fourth time.

That spring was a little crazy. After pre-season training, Sarah played for the University Women's team, the Bandits Women's team and in between went to a couple of England training camps. The rest of the time she was with us or her friends. The craziness carried on throughout the summer and I loved it. Meredith and I were happy and very much in love. We watched lots of cricket and I also enjoyed spending time with her parents, something that I hadn't been able to do with my own. I loved having Sarah around, although those occasions became less frequent as the summer progressed. Never in my wildest dreams could I have predicted what would happen in the last days of August.