All Comments on 'An Alien Spider's Love Ch. 01'

by TheGryphonsOnFIRE

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
check spelling ..

Good story. Needs an editor, just for sentence structure and spelling. The story is very good, just needs pacing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
good story

it was a very interesting story only checks spelling before posting other that that it was an excellent story

lwfmlwfmover 14 years ago
great work

Loved it, great sci-fi beginning. Only thing about the story I can critize is the spelling. See if you can find oneone with a copy of MS word so yo ucan use spell check :) Otehr than that I can't wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I liked this story: it was a good start ...

... and I hope you will post many more chapters :-) BUT the spelling mistakes almost ruined it. At a glance, I noticed:

"a bought"(about), "close"(clothes), "since"(sense), "road"(rode), "ware"(wear), "brake"(break), "they're"(their), "orafisses"(orifices), "medison"(medicine), "protrolling"(patrolling), "currieos"(curious), "lepord"(leopard), "will"(well), "pore"(poor), "cast"(caste), "then"(than), "affects"(effects), "screemed"(screamed), "owers"(ours?), "athoarative"(authoritative), "thru"(TXTSPK for through).

Please, don't be discouraged! A spellchecker should catch a few of these mistakes, and proof reading before posting should take care of the rest - or you could get an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
An interesting idea,

but editing is badly needed. A spell checker will not detect it if you use the wrong words. Feat not feet, poor not pore, clothes not cloths, out when you apparently mean off, etc.

kuellarkuellarover 13 years ago
Good start...

This story has a lot of potential, with unique characters and situations. I do think that you would benefit from getting someone to go over the story and point out spelling errors; in quite a few places you seem to have used the wrong word - I think "pore" instead of "poor" was one example. It doesn't make the story unreadable or anything, but it's definitely something that could be improved.

Also, one other small point is that I'd have liked a gentler introduction to the world; it's obviously quite different from our normal everyday experiences and it would be nice to have some more time to get used to it. But that's just me, I appreciate that getting right into the action can be a good thing.

Anyway, nicely done so far! Keep writing!

cittrancittranalmost 11 years ago
hooboy...

I'm sorry, but you REALLY need to have this edited. The grammar and word usage need a lot of work.

WlljamWlljamover 10 years ago
Yeah... right!

I suspect that English is NOT your native language because English speaking people know and understand that the word "then" relates to time eg I did this then I did that; whereas the word "than" relates to choice eg I would rather this than that!

Please amend your story accordingly

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous