All Comments on 'An Average Descent'

by Jidoka

Sort by:
  • 434 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I pity OneBrainCell

Fuck this thing dragged on, one of the most boring narratives ever posted here and that is saying alot, blah blah blah I'm so sad, blah blah blah, I'm depressed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I don't know what made this couple click in the first place. when shit hit the fan? the cat looked for mouse but the little fucker had already bolted. Ego trips. pity them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story.....

Well written. Thanks.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
A WOMANS EGO IS FRAGILE

but the way to mend it can be futile, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Too morbid!

OK, she is a slut but she is human being and deserves some sort of humanity after she is dumped. She also deserves a fair share of their assets. He in turn treated her like a psychopath would.

Psychopaths hurt people and don't feel their pain. I worry about a writer that has that as part of his modus operandi. You are talented writer but I hope that you are not as screwed up as your tough assed "hero" in your story thinking that his treatment was justified. Divorce is an acceptable answer but treating a human being in that kind of manner is makes him a pretty low person.

Pretty uninspiring story that is based on people hurting people. You can do better than that!

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
I have a stalker a

Drooling anon cocksucker who is so brainless a four page story is too long for him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
congrats on your stalker OneBrainCell!

You are now an official member of the "WannaBeCucked" club - WBC for short.

Since your man-card was already confiscated when you started bleating and squealing in the comments, just pick up your honorary "Cuck Card" at the door on the way out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
nice

You write very well! Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Was it really worth it?

Was his burning the bitch in the hottest fire he could make really worth ruining his own life? What about his actions taking away any real relationship of his kids with their mother? Perhaps his actions were understandable but were they really the best response? And I just wonder how many of the "Burn the Bitch" commentators are also guilty of cheating at some time in their lives? Do you all want to burn all the men that cheat? And I wonder why no one writes about them. The statistics say more men cheat than women. Why do you hate the women so...? And, are your own actions in talking about other men behind their back, destroying their reputations, stealing, cheating on your taxes, getting paid for work that you don't do, making your wife feel "less than" by watching pornography, and all of the other wrongs that men do any better or less deserving of punishment than what Jill did? Some of you are hypocrites and phonies.

WisquejacWisquejacover 10 years ago
ease up there anonymous 12/17/13

i agree these stories are almost all about cheating wives and the creepy cuckolds. they did label it "loving wives" though and not "cheaters for whatever reason are assholes." now as far as this guy's motivations and judgement the author pretty much came right out and had the therapist state that he was barely sane and clearly dangerous. i'd say when he first found out and didn't say anything that he just started shutting down any emotions that might hurt him. i think over time his kids paid for that action. yet, again when people are shutting themselves down they are clearly in the need of help. he didn't seek it as he saw this as all his wife's fault at the time. and again the kids paid that price. it is not like mom had been there for the kids for a few years anyway. she had checked out into a lifestyle that kids weren't welcome. she quit her job as mother as much if not way more than dad did. anyway, here is the paragraph of the therapist telling the wife to run because he very well might kill her. "You should run as far away from here as possible. Leave him alone. Don't call him. Don't write him. Don't let him know where you are. There is no hope of reconciliation. Don't even try. Move on with your life. If you push him, the most likely outcome will be that he will kill you. Your actions have clearly broken a man with a fragile hold on sanity. He has had to endure disappointment upon disappointment for his entire life. He will never forgive you. He will never forget. Run."

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Not a big triumph

This is a classical example when the revenge was not 100% succesful.

1. He got the children 1:0

2. He destroyed his ex's future for a long time 2:0

3. His ex found a mate for her old time he did not find any constant mate so 2:1

Not a big triumph.......only 2:1

ValerionValerionover 10 years ago
Anonymous 12/17/13

Is clearly a feminist and as such, shouldn't really be taken seriously. I will say this, the BTB crowd wouldn't be BTB if they were cheaters themselves; the emotion is too strong for that to be the case. The woman in this story got everything she deserved. The problem, Anon, is that you blame this character for his wife's fuckup. If she had talked to him, they could have fixed it before she become a whore. Honestly, I don't believe she suffered enough. So what if he destroyed himself in the process. Some people just have it coming.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
This is it.

It had all the elements of a BTB story, the planning, the after Divorce Riches, the destroying your spouse's life.

But though a glass darkly, it also reflected the bits that the BTB crowd find...less palatable: that to create this form of vengeance (not even revenge but MORE!!!!), one has to twist and darken oneself.

One has no context. Wrong actions but why? There are two sides to a story and this highlighted that fact very nicely. The man became rich and famous and...alone...and pathetic...and estranged from his kids...and unable to maintain a relationship.

Now, the hardcore element will say 'SHE did this to him!' No...he took two years to change himself. He had a mission and he implemented it...and this is what he had to become to do this.

Well done, though I wish you'd learn how to spell Champagne.

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Please read this!

Ohio just finished his first story in three years. The cuckold victim delayed action, but not long. He got some detail and went straight for his wife. The man in his couldn't wait.

Now your guy in this story treads water for two years! I mean two years before he went in attack mode. Your guy is a psychopath! Nobody can hold it in that long.

Sure it was a great read, a true five, but the only things missing were the vampires and the zombies, her being the vampire and him the zombie.

Dark, morose, somber, grim yes, but it was sort of like reading about the guy who spent two years in isolation in North Korea. I think that was the Pueblo thing back years ago.

ttom76ttom76over 10 years ago
Great potential but ...

If it weren't for some glaring problems, I'd give this a 5. Your writing is quite good. The net outcome consistent with the actions taken by both parties.

Problems:

Do you know how hard it is to break a femur?

His hands or feet would have been seriously hurt.

Please, read Rehnquist's summary of divorce law:

http://www.literotica.com/s/a-crash-course-in-family-law

Your time line was atrocious. If your writing wasn't so good I'd have stopped reading by the 2nd page. Page one sounded almost like Snoopy jumping from point to point.

Michael would have been sued for invasion of privacy, stalking and a host of other crimes. I had no idea of his wealth before you had him spending so much. You never followed up on the MBA either.

Why did I add these? Because you are good and I hope will improve.

Regards,

ttom

Tim413Tim413over 10 years ago
Excellent!

I was not able to burn my former wife of 26 years. She was too strong and independent. And I did not have film to show our grown daughters. This story allowed me to fantasize.

smokepolesmokepoleabout 10 years ago
full-on naplm death

The BEST scorched earth story I've ever read.

Disappointment is the other side of the coin of "love"... Happiness being the first side

Don't flip the coin unless you can accept the results

GREAT read

ifeanyiifeanyiabout 10 years ago

That "nigga" is a cold-hearted MORAFOKA ! Good revenge. Good story

A galaxy of Stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

That was cold revenge that lasts a life-time. Thanks for sharing this with us, it was a good read!

ken philipsken philipsabout 10 years ago
Sick

This would have to be the most cold hearted god awful story I ever have had the misfortune.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
HOW CAN A DESCENT BE AVERAGE

when it is over a cess-pool. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
5* ...

... because it was plausible and captivating despite the melancholic theme.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Why it was worth it to Michael

Most of us would probably have opted for a more balanced response. BTB for a little while and then try to rebuild a happy life with a truly loving woman. Michael was not most of us. Jennifer's therapist had him pegged. His marriage and family were the one bright spot in an otherwise dark and lonely life, and when his wife betrayed him, he considered that life ruined forever. He set aside some of himself for his children, and the rest was devoted to his obsession for revenge. When you're obsessed with something, most anything you have to sacrifice for it is worth it to you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
ken phillips

needs to shut his fucking cuck mouth before he swallows another load of bull cum from his wifes diseased cunt

the sick fuck makes all us Aussies look bad

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
Harsh? Damn right!

Great job again, Jidoka! Wifey got exactly what she deserved in this one. Hubby moved on with his life, but made it very difficult for her to do the same. I'm not usually a fan of long-term vengeance against a cheating wife, but after what she pulled, she had it coming!

5 HUGE Stars!

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
I agree

@sdc92078 You are 150% right. My fetish is to change cheating wife to a new better woman, wife. This story is the total oposite to my fetish. The husband is more unhappy than his cheating ex wife...............

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanabout 10 years ago
A little, painful, 5-star story about tragedy

This is actually more realistic than most other stories of this genre.

At least both spouses admitted they fucked up big and there's nothing in the universe that could ever heal the wounds.... the man for being pigheaded and vindictive... because he was WRONGED by someone he loved deeply... the woman, knowing she has irrevocably ruined her life, her college love's life, and possibly the lives of her own kids, their kids, in some profound ways...

He's doing well, financially, and yet he could not get away from the tragedy of his life, happened pretty early on, when the kids were just moving through grade schools...

She struggled from one day to the next, one city to the next, one guy to the next, for many and many years.... knowing she would never again find happiness, if happiness was defined as the years she and her husband had, as young college kids and as newly married couple after college...

Given the passage of time, given the respective tragedies both have gone through, in those long years, this is one of the stories I think merit a reconciliation. The woman is obviously a horrible person; but at least she's honest, after the fact, and continues to pay for her heinous nature, a nature that allowed her to do things that would irrevocably ruin HER VERY OWN LIFE... bring deep sorrow to the hearts of her husband, kids, and her older parents...

And the husband, obviously, is a horrible person in that he's eternally vindictive, even when he himself DIDN'T want to continue to be vindictive.

Both people seemed to enjoy, for some twisted reason, doing things that deeply impact their lives and their psyches....from the time their kids were in grade schools to the time they're approaching retirement and death...

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
tragedies

Sometimes when people are deeply betrayed they lose the ability to trust, then losing the ability to love follows.

When that happens there may be no way back.

The deeper the love the worse the pain from the loss.

I doubt that she really loved him very deeply, and certainly not as deeply as he loved her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
NOTHER wimp tale.

3 stars,,,only cause have read other tales by the author,,this tale was not up to par.

***

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Second Read

Don't read my first comment. I must have been drunk. I'll continue...

Fucking cunt. Horrible fucking cunt. She destroyed his life. He never trusted another woman. She deserved all she received. I hope her husband, who she doesn't love, starts to stink. Just a shame she didn't catch aids. Fuck.

phd70phd70about 10 years ago
A Lot of Comments!

Very somber, very dark. Triggered a lot of interest, good and bad, so that is probably a sign of a successful story. Nobody seemed to win in this story. 'Life is 'S--T and then you die'. Not my favorite. Among other faults, wife's motivation in going down this black road is not really explained. She could have stopped at any time once she realized that the road had no rewards and was destroying her husband, her family, and herself. She was a totally self-destructive individual and it was neither enjoyable nor instructive to accompany her on her sad road. You can do better, Jidoka. , humanity

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
sure got the sissies in a stir

damn closet-cucks got really ramped up by this decent btb tale, sissy internet hard men breathing fire, lol - too fucking funny. too bad these adloescent neckbearded virgins never leave mommie's basement, be fun to watch them squirm in the sun!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This author is in my opinion the best on this site.

I am virtually certain that he would be a professional writer of some renown.

Thank you for the most wonderful experience reading your stories.

'roscovich'

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Very sad to sad to make any comments, the husband let the cheating go own to long, he should stoped his wife as soon as he got he goods on her ,what he did to her was great she got her come upents. the children are the ones to pay the price, he was a fool to let go so long,in the end they paid the piece to bad fore the kids.

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
And yeah, the two years seemed a bit much

Considering his history it shouldn't have taken that long to turn him into the dark, vengeful person he became. Might have been better for him to be suddenly changed by discovering after the fact that her cheating had been going on for two years.

SimplyMikeSimplyMikealmost 10 years ago
This story is so sad....

So sad......... what a waste. It's a good story... but sad as there is no way back to even a friends relationship. Well done, Jidoka, a well written piece. Mike.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thay was a great story,,,,,

bill.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A well written tale but....

I simply didn't enjoy it. Michael goes down the rabbit hole and takes all those around him down the hole. Probably not enough information in the story about the effects this all had on the kids. It had to have more of a negative effect than is detailed. And for a seemingly smart guy, I was disappointed that he didn't seek professional help. Again, a well written story. But it was just so damn depressing. It just wasn't an enjoyable read. Sorry. Maybe next time.

MrFluffyCatMrFluffyCatalmost 10 years ago
Depressing...

I'm too fluffy for this...pulled some heartstrings... 4

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

felt sorry for the wife, married to a nutter can't be easy for anyone,,

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 10 years ago
Good story

But her behaviour at the begining, buying slutty clothes for Alan's birthday, is inconsistent with the explanation later of how it all started and ended.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 9 years ago
Good Story

But sad. Two happy people end up miserable because of insecurity. A well written story. I usually don't care for stories where the second half gives the other's view point covering the story again but this review was brief and made her position very clear. Thank you

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
A COMPLEAT STORY SAD BUT TRUE

no winners and all losers. TK U MLJ LV NV

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
Argh!

Well written, fascinating characters, engaging and emotional. Too damn depressing! I can appreciate a tear-jerker, but this didn't offer any relief.

For myself, and I suspect most people, reading fiction is an escape. If I wanted to be depressed I'd watch the news or C-SPAN...

ImSickImSickover 9 years ago
one of the best

The website has to offer thank you

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Too dark

Nedded more sex! ;o)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I've read this twice now...

...and each time it moves me. We should always be cognizant of those who love us and the damage we can cause them by our own stupidity.

It would have been nice to see Michael find happiness again, but the course this tale took makes sense for the characters. Well done sir for not trying to force an ending on to this, but instead weaving characters that lead to the ending you wanted... or having the guts to let them tell their tale through you. Either way, again, Well Done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
One of the very few top authors on Lit ! You can count them on the fingers of one hand.

And this is THE top story of them all! It's my 6th re-read.

I always go here when I am sick of wading knee high thru excreta of Lit loser writers.

I thank you Jidoka to be a perfect Author. 'roscovich'

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

Nice story and very well written. The ending though felt very "abrupt".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Garbage

Well, maybe not. Whenever I read a story like this, I wonder what the Intention of the author was was. Did he want to reveal the impact betrayal might have on narrow-minded dumb jerks? Then he did an ok job. It certainly is nothing anyone could call literature, but then again, if I wanted to read literature, I would not search for it here. Oh, I very much hope that was what the author intended.

Because another alternative comes to mind: Maybe this few thousand words were inspired be personal experience and this is just another „what if-story“? Then this story gives insight on how bitter people can become.

So your wife fucked around with other guys. Divorce her! Get over it! No need to destroy any hope of a second chance. (Which, in my legislation, would allow her to sue for damages, and rightly so, imho.) Send DVDs to her parents? Dude, maybe some cuckolded guy might in his anger forget that people make mistakes and treat his wife in this cruel way, but parents should not. They probably would not! This is not the 19th century anymore! This is one of the aspects of this story that annoys me the most: its descent into a childish revenge-fantasy. Into garbage not worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Brilliant !!

Just... wonderful ! 5***** .

Eroticafan8000Eroticafan8000about 9 years ago
Way too depressing.

I liked it but it just reeked of pain on both sides. On the one hand, she cheated and deserved to be punished. On the other, he just kept shoving her past in her face. I usually don't go for draws but this one's definitely a stalemate. They're both losers of equal shittiness.

Kerry312Kerry312about 9 years ago
Anonymous 03/27/15

LOL how many times do you drink other mens cum out of your mate would really really like to know and would bet other would to ?????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
what an asshole!

This is just too over the top. A more realistic ending would be for the father in law to tell his daughter how disappointed he was in her but still loved her. Then he'd shoot the husband in the ass for sending out the video tape. While her father was in jail, he would tell her mother to not spend any money on a lawyer for him but rather hire a good lawyer for the daughter to sue the husband for his obvious stunt with spending their savings while being out of work and then miraculously getting a new job after the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Pretty damned good!

My wife was hit on at work only one time. Two guys made her feel uncomfortable and started talking about a 'sandwich', etc. She didn't say anything the first couple times but it got worse and she was actually worried about her safety. So she finally broke down and told me what was going on and unlike other women, she wasn't concerned about me ending up in jail, I was her man and it was my job to protect her.

And protect her I did. When they got off work on a Friday, I was waiting. I'm not terribly huge, under 6' and about 240lbs of enraged logger. Since they were in it together, I accosted them together. I let them know in no uncertain terms, they were never to speak to my wife again, let alone talk to her in that manner, or else. Of course, with two against one, they got a little cocky and said "oh yeah, or else what?"

I let them know if I came for them, they would be in a fight for their very life. Either they or I would be dead when it was over and if they didn't kill me, when I healed up enough, I'd hunt them down and kill them with my deer rifle at 250 yards. It didn't matter to me how they died, just that they died. They threatened me with the police and I told them I didn't care, eventually I'd get out and hunt them down. It all came down to leave my wife alone and if you see her coming, go the other way. If she's in a store, turn around and leave. If your there and she comes in, drop your stuff and leave. Otherwise, well, I let them know exactly what the otherwise was.

We'd been married about 5 years when that happened, we had two very young children, about 18 months and 36 months. Now we've been married almost 40 years and have grandchildren older than our own kids when that happened. Oh, those two guys? One died of a heart attack a few years later and the other moved out of the area. We never saw them again after that day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
lmfao

Annon 4-26-15

Why in the hell do illiterate wimp cucks like you always comment?

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Read this Again

What strikes me most about this tale is not the cheating, slut, wife plot. It is the underlying theme of human weakness. The wife's greedy need to look for "more" and the husband's fearful lack of resilience. Okay, she cheated - I agree the marriage is over. Cheating is a bullet to the gut, you will die slowly but you will certainly die. There can be no more forgiveness for a cheater who killed your marriage and wounded your kids than for a home invader that just shot you and murdered your faithful spouse. There is good reason why the historical penalty for adultery was the same as for murder. It is murder. Moving on, regardless of what pain and suffering life throws at you, it is your duty to get back up and keep moving forward. Only wimp bitches give up and let the bastards win. That even means going out and finding another partner. We are meant to share our lives, human beings are social and communal. You have to mourn the death of your marriage for no longer than a year and then move on and get back to living the life of a person!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Harsh, dark, powerful and brilliant

Congrats. Great story. Five out of five. I don't normally go for such a relentless BTB story. But this one was so well written with such well drawn characters. The plot devices of the cheap watch presents and the birthday present for the lover being found were brilliant. Ideally I would have liked something upbeat at the end for Michael, or maybe his kids. But dark can be powerful. The theme of her cheating because he was too perfect is used again in Jidoka's story called In Her Eye. It works twice but I hope the author does use it every time. Cheers Steve

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfealmost 9 years ago
Revenge is sweet - Living well afterwards is sweeter still!

The only one I feel sympathy for is Michael. He did nothing to deserve the betrayal of his wife at all. He loved, supported, deferred to and encouraged her from the time he met her till he discovered her betrayal. I just wish he could have moved on and been happy, he deserved at least that much.

She was a greedy, selfish, shallow whore. Read the story, she Was a Whore!

The revenge was Not over the top as some Wimp/Cuck wannabe's whine. I think it was marvelously restrained given the 17 years of marriage he invested and the utter contempt of him and the marriage she displayed in her betrayal.

I had a friend in the Service who was deployed downrange in a hot zone when he got the "Dear John" letter from his cheating slut of a wife. He held his anguish in so well none of us realized just how much he was affected. 3 months after the letter arrived he died in a fire fight, charging an entrenched insurgent fire point to relieve the pressure on a medivac flight. He got a posthumous Bronze Star with Valor, she got his serviceman's life insurance.

It was some 7 months later her house burned down at 3:00 am on a Saturday morning. Funny thing, her lover was mugged right in front of her by 2 men in balaclavas with baseball bats that same night in the parking lot of the bar they frequented 2 hours earlier. The police report stated that the men never said a word but a bronze star was found stuffed into one of the assholes pockets in the emergency room. He'll walk with a limp and the aid of a cane for the rest of his life and he'll never breed, spreading his corrupt genetic heritage.

She's still waiting, it's going to happen, when is the question.

In memory of Franklin James Randolph Jr. USMC

Morgan DeWolfe

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
good story

nicely done. It seems funny that although he had paid for all that surveillance, he never found out about her being blackmailed. even in the end, or at least the end of the story, it seemed he still loved her(because of the emotion he still had). At least she was able to move on, but he never did.

For the BTB fans, he sure did, but at what cost? He still had emotional ties to her, maybe because he never had a sit down to try and get the whole story or reason, or because he never went to counseling, I don't know. I think that most readers here would agree that there was a serious case of "lack Of Communication" alive and well in the marriage.

For the record, I am surprised that her therapist didn't try to get ahold of him, at least to try and get him into a conference, if just for the purpose of helping him, plus helping her client, or to even help them both, that was amazing to me. Instead she was advised to run, that doesn't make sense, you cant run, nor should anyone run from their problems, and a therapist would know that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
beta-male fantasy

jack-material for closet-cucks only

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I like it

It's easily a 5 star story.

I love it because it shows how someone can change. I love it because it's honest with how hateful you can become towards your spouse, who cheated on you. I love it because it's me, down to the last T. I've moved on in terms of life, but I'll never remarry. Something got broken in me when I found out about all her lies. And there's some kind of sad joy at seeing that being reflected in this story.

I know you didn't mean to, but you really told my story.

My ex-wife killed herself on my last birthday, that's about the only difference here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Man...

this is really dark. Well written and all that, but brutally dark.

phil2213phil2213over 8 years ago
Way too over the line.

This story was anything but average. The characters were doom and gloom to the extreme in the ending. It just seems a simple story of a family destroyed by wife's horrendous abhorrent behavior and total disrespect to her marriage and family. I rated one star because there is no lower rating available. There was no happy ending for all concerned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A very powerful story....

Many people get use to their lives and don't realize how fucket up it is. It may even be worse than this one. Have someone look at you your married life unbiasly and you may be shocked at how blind and dumb and compliant you realy are......bill

5ssssss all day long/well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
phil2213

not all stories have to have a happy ending..

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sad, just sad.

Even he's not really happy. He's just a lonely man with no real hope for the future, just like her. Of course, I rated it high because it's well written, but after reading it, I'm sad too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Brilliant !!

One of the most powerful and excellently written story on Lit !

I made a point to read all of this genius stories, and my opinion haven't changed. It is greatest loss to Lit readers that this superb Author choose not to write.

Thank you for your immaculate stories.

'roscovich'

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Thoughts

“But it hurt, mostly because she gave no indication that she was even aware of the date.” – Yes, given what he/we already know it really makes no difference, but it still would have been “nice” if she said SOMETHING about being sorry about missing their anniversary!

“I was going to spend our life savings until there was nothing left” – Also, if she’s working and he’s not, won’t SHE have to pay alimony and child support, maybe even leave HIM in the house with the kids?

“Now she was bitching about our lack of communication.” – I’d say to her, “And where was this concern about our communication this past year when you were shutting me out?”

“I had hoped I would get some satisfaction. Instead I just felt empty.” – Then you really ARE a wimp!

“I didn't care who he showed the pictures to” – Alan could never have shown those pictures to anyone because they would have been an admission to sexual harassment. Even if he tried to claim it was consensual, which I suppose it sort of was, at least at the beginning, pretty much be definition sexual activity between a boss and a subordinate is harassment, because of the implied promise of reward and/or threat of punishment.

“My present had been a mistake but his was calculated.” – It wasn’t just the “mistake”, we all forget things and have to make last minute adjustments. It was Alan’s gift that made Michael’s so unforgivable.

I think Michael was too hard on himself. He SHOULD have received some counseling so that he could have a meaningful relationship with a deserving woman.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago
Depressing story

This was a real downer, and a boring one at that, I would really have liked to see him move on with someone else and be happy again, his bitterness serves as a good reason for why he isn't nearly as close to his children anymore

.

One thing I was wondering about about at first, though it gets answered later, is why the wife started to make an effort to get involved in the marriage again, until he shot it down with the watch.

I think at least a partial answer to that earlier from the husband's POV could help flesh out the story a bit.

Tootight1Tootight1about 8 years ago
good story

it was a story I hope. I think that the kids have a very firm grip on the idea of fidelity in a marriage. I think that the story was a bit overdone in some areas, but that is the authors privilege. Does this much hate exist in real life, you can bet your ass it does. The idea of putting up with it as long as he did leaves a lot of questions in my mind.

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 8 years ago
pathetic

She became a pathetic shell of what she used to be. Frankly, I thinks she got everything she so richly deserved. I agree, It had made him bitter. It would have been nice to have him meet a woman that was able to tear down the wall that he erected to protect his heart. She truly ruined his, and her own life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

pathetic loser that let his hatred turn septic and ruin his own life

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
I miss this author

Man , after reading a really awful cuck story by one of the top authors in this genre , I had to go to my fav's to get that outta my mind.

Jidoka , only wrote about half a dozen stories on this site , but they were all powerhouses .

I really miss his posts , and wish that he would return.

But , in the meantime , I can always visit his literary world when needed , and that is sometimes just what the Dr. ordered .

5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sad

Bitter ending. The guy he almost killed was totally innocent, I didn't like that part much. ****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
"totally innocent"

Of everything except busting into his house and attacking him. Not so innocent, I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
anyone who support wife

Should visit Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com.

Factual account of true life serial cheating wife unabashedly proud of the destruction she has caused in other people's lives. Marriages ruined, jobs lost, reputstions trashed because she believes it is okay for her to have one affair after amother, or concurrent, and then talk about those affairs to anyone including the friends of wife whose husband she coerced into having sex when she was college instructor in Helena Montana and he was student

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Excellent writing!

I don't like that bitterness consumed him but she was a stupid slut and did destroy everything.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
NO REMORSE,,,,NO REGRET

the piper must be paid, TK U MLJ LV NV

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
Loved it

I did!! Like your work in general. Good writer. Thank you! Great effort!

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
Not Quite The Ending I Would Want But...

It works. 4-Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
how about a part two?

just curious.

dglnowdglnowover 7 years ago
Sad

How devastatingly sad.

makarowcemakarowceover 7 years ago
5*

fucking love it

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 7 years ago
Excellent Characterizations!

Very well written story. Solidly constructed and believable. The only thing negative I can say is I feel so very sorry for Michael. Michael was a loving devoted husband and father. He built his world around his wife and children as it should be. Jennifer on the other hand turned into a narcissistic cheating wife. She always had the option to go to Michael and confess and beg his forgiveness but it was easier to go with the flow until it was far too late. The children were at least able to live their lives without to much pain. Poor Michael was damaged far too much, a drowning man in a sea of betrayal without succor. How I wish he had gotten counseling and moved on with a happy life.

5* for excellent writing, engaging story and believable characters.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
START AT THE END OF THIS TALE

then ask whom is where they belong, TK U MLJ LV NV

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
Depresses me

Every time I read 'this' story (a story with a perfect [yawn] man who is ruined by infidelity) I get a little depressed myself.

I know as a matter of factual knowledge that many men throw all their self worth into a marriage. I am proud of mine. However to put SO much into the marriage, to be so inflexible that one cannot see that acting badly is A data point, not a whole person, is well, self inflicted. Even if he thinks she is evil personified, it is HER. Not everyone.

Let go the garbage. Move on. If you find you are so damaged you can't get beyond it, get help. This guy stated not only didn't he, but he couldn't be bothered when he became aware of how broken he was. Does that excuse a fat person from continuing to overeat just because he is already fat? No.

He quit. And it is hard to have a lot of respect for quitters.

On a moment's reflection, I do not even mind that he quit relationships. At his age, does he NEED a wife? Not particularly. So I am not (fully) dinging him on that.

I AM dinging him on giving up joy. "But his feelings were hurt!" I can hear the protestors go on. Of course they were! Does that mean he gets to go fetal on the floor and die? Fuck that! Would you let you kid quit soccer because he was teased or got his shin kicked hard? Why does he get a pass?

This is a discussion of the CHARACTER, not the quality of the story. He is made real and it is written nicely. I would have liked a bit more info on how she fell into the clutches of Scumbag McClure, and I thought the 'company whore' trope was a bit over the top but it was literarily necessary to justify her not paying a gram of attention to the family dynamics. Would have liked to see a bit more of that interaction instead of glossed over narration but this is me carping.

Still, a first rate story. Thank you for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Things might have worked out better for her ...

... if she had a competent therapist. Anyone who would make such a diagnosis of a man she had never met should have their liscense revoked.

Ocker51Ocker51over 7 years ago
Good Story

A good story but l just cannot believe anyone could just quietly sit back for 2 years while there partner makes a complete fool of them & they say not a word, not one word. I just cannot swallow that, weeks, yes, months maybe, years very unlikely. No one is that restrained😳😳😳😳

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
FD45

Got it half right. This man invested his life in his marriage and family. When she broke the marriage, she broke him. He now lived half for the kids and half in an anti-marriage of ongoing revenge. I doubt that there was enough left of his personality to support a new relationship. He said it: she ruined him first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad Tragedy!

Wow. This story is really a sad, sad, sad tragedy! She broke him as well as herself. My estranged wife broke me differently, but I'm broken for the last 18 years with recurrent major depression. She is the only woman I have ever loved with all my heart and gave my virginity too. Still haven't been with anyone else. Too broken and need to be in love to even consider sex with another woman....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
THE OLD BULLSHIT BLACKMAIL GAG

Is that supposed to have us feel some sympathy for the cheating slut? That's a question for the writer. Another is having a man be totally devoted to you and place you on a pedestal makes you want to seek out the sexual abuse of other men? Sorry, that seems like so much crap I think I need to pull up the hem of my pants... and I'm wearing shorts!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It was doomed from the start...

She admitted that he was not an equal partner. She didn't put him first. Even when she was she was trying to make it up to him. She even implied it was his fault that she cheated: he was too good for her and it bothered her that she wasn't as good for him. She shacked up with numerous guys while trying to reconcile. It was all about her.

It is totally believable that he would act the way he did. He was hollowed out after years of knowing the truth and trying to deal with it. Was his reaction the best option? Probably not, and it obviously destroyed him, however it was completely believable.

The story seemed unfinished though.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Be careful when you fight the monsters lest you become one. - Nietzsche

To me, that's what happened to the narrator. Great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What an absolute load.

Of drivel.

There are some shit stories on this site and this is one of them.

Normally if it is written well the plot does not matter so much but this was total crap on all counts.

zman1980zman1980about 7 years ago
Unfinished

Good story, just seemed unfinished. I don't know if there needed to be a bigger talk between them at the end, or at least have him close to his kids and a dedicated grandparent. There needed to be something to make him human at the end.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago
Needs a better ending

All the depressing shit was just piled on too high, it would have been a better story if he managed to rise above it all and move on with someone else rather than just accepting a life of misery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Brilliant! The descent from when he was a unanimous selection for best boyfriend in Jennifer's sorority contest to the downfall and revenge was really well done. Her actions caused it all, and I disagree strongly with those who say he was too harsh. He was devastated and lost his life. Only his kids saved him (though that angle was secondary to the story) from his complete mental destruction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Deserve

She deserve every bit of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
The biggest, ever loss for this website is to lose such superb and brilliant Author !

This is my 5th re-read and is having the same impact as a first time !

This story and all the others from this Author have such a level of brilliance that there is simply no comparison to any other writer.

This is an author my soul need, after all the excretum of other stories on Lit.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous