All Comments on 'An Average Descent'

by Jidoka

Sort by:
  • 430 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
BETRAYAL IS THE WORST TO BESTOW ON LOVED ONES

it doesnt allow for reconciliation or maintaining respect. TK U MLJ LV NV

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
not dark

true and for many the truth hurts...................5 stars

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
did well

i liked it - loved how he spent all the money first. 5 and who cars if they can get back together - she was a cheating whore and got caught and used - please omit flowers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow! Just wow!

People don't seem to understand just how devastating betrayal of someone you truely trust and love with all your heart can be. The damage can take a lifetime to repair, if ever. Unfortunately Micheal's personality doesn't allow him to even hope for such a thing.

This also is an illustration of why a guy should never treat his wife like a princess ALL the time. That treatment is for special occasions. To much of a good thing is possible.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 DESTRUCTIVE FALL OUT

has long range and long lasting effects. TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Excellent but Generic Saga of Marital Foundering !

A VERY readable story punctuated a few times with the need for the discerning to build bridges, on which to suspend disbelief. Nevertheless, I would be remiss in nit admitting this is a excellent premiere effort. The story was started out very strong & kept a no less then solid pace until the conclusion.

For every niggling, belief beggaring detail like the cheating wife blithely allowing the husband a free monetary drain err reign over family finances, there was a spirited, wrenching mini- story like the generic birthday watch . The symbolism of the timepieces re-gifting was dark comic inspiration. Excellent !

Personally I thought the sum of the revenge was over the top. There will be many others who will cry ' wimp' & say it wasn't enough. To me, you do what must be done to get custody of the kids and a favorable financial split at end of ill-starred marriage.

The continued harassment past that point showed a pettiness of spirit that I believe would leak to children & work. You excise a cancer from your life & then briskly move on. To dwell on sickness only invites other maladies.

One thing I did enjoy was the wife's viewpoint of their marital debacle. Other comments will put forth that it doesn't matter what a slut thinks. I point to Sun Tzu's maxim that if you know yourself & your enemy ( adulterous spouse, in this case ), you need not fear the results of a hundred battles."

Having read one quality story by Jidoka, it naturally follows that I look forward to the next. This author has deftly watched & sidestepped other scribes' mistakes & it follows that any J. has made here, will likely be adressed as effectively as the maladies of his fictional narrator.

Mousse9Mousse9over 11 years ago

Ouch. Riveting and painful. It kept my attention, to say the least. Morbid fascination.

In one part I disagree with ythebadger. In the usual burn the bitch stories the husband is successful. Here, he is as well, financially, but utterly ruined when it comes to love and romance. Candy/Marybeth the escort? He started liking her (and viceversa) and what did he do? Cut her loose. He's become a bitter, lonely man, unable to let go of his grudge.

Surprisingly, the part of "Jennifer's POV" was not dull and superfluous, like they are in many LW stories. Most of the time, LW stories are from the husband's POV, but when the author puts in the cheating wife's POV, it's usually a boring rehash.

The part about the cheap watch birthday gifts were a painful highlight of how bad their relationship had become.

A pretty good story.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 11 years ago
Common story line . . .

. . . told with very real structural confusion. The back and forth approach sometimes works, but not this time, at least not for me. That the characters were at best totally shallow probably contributes to the story malaise. This one adds nothing, better luck next time author.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 11 years ago
Like Michael, this story is a keeper

Excellent not just as a first time effort, but excellent story overall. Well-written, almost no writing/spelling errors, and good progression of plot. Character development was good and was commensurate with the length of the story. There was originality in the methodology of the BTB (burn the bitch) scenario and its successful result.

The story was clearly dark in the sense that Michael was not able to move on emotionally. He remained the victim even as he made his cheating ex-wife suffer for the long-haul. The best revenge is truly a life well-lived, and at some point, it's a shame he could not let it go. Michael really could have benefited from some therapy. That said, five stars in my book. Thanks, and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Cold and

...calculating losers, both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great first effort

I really liked this story. It offered the cathartic experience that many readers of this site look for. The bitch wife got exactly what she deserved. The candyass wimp cocksuckers probably didn't like it. That's too damned bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
he did good fucking the rest of her life up

she doesnt deserve a chance at anything sending out the documents and film to all her family and friends was great and sending packages to those she dated was awesome.

I would have sent her a package of toys and told her that is the only partner she will have in peace.

Cheaters dont deserve any happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
great story

Nicely written story. Thanks for sharing it.

zed0zed0over 11 years ago
Great Story!

Well written and compelling read. I welcome a new "no wimps" author.

I'm sure you will irritate many of the non-men, and "annony-mouses" (or would that be annony-meeces) that haunt this site.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
Congratulations, This May Have Been the Best Story I've Ever Read Here

Not only were the story and characters painstakingly developed, but their motivations were completely articulated as well. The family had some happy moments, but as in most great tragedies, no one moves forward without scars & pain. Terrific job!

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

The story is well written, but a bit over the top. I suppose some sympathy should go to the wife, but Michael is the one I feel sorry for. He has nothing but his money and he drives away anyone that tries to get close to him. The best thing that could happen to him is years of therapy, but since he is rich, no one will give him the best advice he could possibly get.

I am not saying he should have reconciled with his wife, but forgiveness is cathartic and healing in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Dang

This was a good read. Nobody wins in a divorce except the lawyers.

Wanderingaimlessly

GentleVikingGentleVikingover 11 years ago
And the winner is...

Well no one really. Everybody left in their own miserable life’s and the children without the most important anchor point in life. Their parents.

Very well written and composed if a bit on the dark side.

May you be inspired to grace us with many more tales.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 11 years ago
I was going to comment, but

have this urge to go jump off a cliff instead.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Really well done

But poorly titled. Certainly a descent, but very little of it was average, including the writing itself, which was very good.

This was one of the really effective his side/her side LW stories: both versions added to the narrative and explained and developed the characters.

The 2-year marriage in name only device was a lot like the recent story "Family Guy," though this version was more realistic, and darker. I thought the exploration of the hubby's descent into a self-destructive hell was interesting and sad.

I ended up feeling badly for both characters, though of course the wife's betrayal was enraging, and deserving of consequences, if not total decimation.

This was a complete story, and effective.

I like dramatic cheating wife stories, though a steady diet of tales this dark and sad would drive me from the genre. They say revenge is bad for the soul, and this story certainly shows that (although it apparently isn't necessarily bad for the bank account).

All in all, an excellent, polished tale from a new author. I look forward to more submissions. I could hope for something a little less dark and depressing, but ya gotta follow that muse, I guess.

RePhilRePhilover 11 years ago
Best compliment you could ask for

Is HardDaysNight not liking it. Write us another one please

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 11 years ago
Well done

Yes the story is on the dark side but we can't always write stories with happy ending: he divorced the cheating wife, got a good dose of revenge and meet a lovely woman that will become his better half...

Sorry guys and gals, but many cheating spouse real life stories end up as tragedy with no winner, only losers.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Reconsider, RePhil!

Wow, as I read HDK's very terse comment, I get a different take from RePhil's ALTOGETHER. It IS a depressing story, expressly conceded by many! An EXCELLENT depressing story. My take on HDK is that he is complimenting Jidoka by expressing how effective it was! Pity we can't see the HDK rating. It IS possible he rated it low.

With respect to YBadg comment, Hubby's post-divorce financial/career success is because he put himself BACK on the track from which he had tactically taken himself OFF. It was not a miraculous Sweepstakes win! AND, the REST of Hubby's life is miserable, again of his OWN doing! I was surprised by such a significant rating penalty.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Hey!

I liked it. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow

Betrayal takes two more souls into the abyss...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
very good

I liked the story, well written. My only negative is your explanation as to why she started and continued cheating was not, in my opinion, convincing. that section was a little weak

firas01firas01over 11 years ago
excellent first story

thanks for sharing, five stars, cant wait for your next story, hope it would be less depressing, but again that could mean less real....anyway....thanks for sharing your thoughts and stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Pointless

Four depressing pages of pointless bitterness and spite. Take up knitting.

extemporeextemporeover 11 years ago
Brutal

The story felt brutally harsh as it progressed, and I don't want to read it again, but it was extremely well done. It is an example of how someone can be derailed when a relationship shatters, as well as showing how revenge can shatter both parties.

Terrific first story -- A 5.

cueball961cueball961over 11 years ago
Well Done!

I really enjoyed this dark tale. Like others have said, sometimes there are no winners in a love gone wrong. Sometimes when the flame burns out, there's only pain and suffering for both parties.

Michael clearly has some pathologies lurking under the surface to keep him from being too saccharine. He seemed like the perfect man, but his wife was truly everything to him. When she betrayed him, unbelievably so, it destroyed his humanity. It made him a vengeful angry person who was simply unable to find any remorse. Reconciliation between this couple was never in the cards. She hurt him and neglected him for far too long and showed a shocking amount of contempt for him.

The wife in this story was her own worst enemy. She truly had it all, and threw it away for nothing. There is a self destructive personality about her that is like that of a spoiled child. The birthday watches are a perfect example. She has been committing serial adultery for a great deal of time, neglecting her children, and treating a man who has never done anything for her but give her the best like an annoyance. He's furniture in the room to her. But when he gives her a little taste of it back, clearly trying to show her he is aware of her betrayal, what is her response? She gets bitterly angry with him! This woman is clearly the author of her own destruction and it's hard for the reader to feel any sympathy for her whatsoever.

But as we see, though Michael comes out on top, he doesn't really win either. He's a bitter, hardened shell of a man with all kinds of wealth and good things but nobody to share it with. He's imprisoned by his own bitterness and the impossibility of reaching out and forgiving his wife so that he can move on. This is one of the best examples I can think of when I remember the old adage that to harbor enmity and refuse to forgive a trespass is like drinking poison hoping it will kill your enemy.

Excellent characters, richly drawn. Good plot and a good dark tale to remind us that the best of things can turn ugly and when the dust settles there often is no one left at the top of the pile to claim victory. I gave this story four stars. It would have been five but you brought out the grammar Nazi in me by pulling the same stunt that about every writer on this site does when referring to good old bubbly. Champaign is a city in Illinois. Champagne is the alcoholic beverage. Will everybody for God's sake get that straight?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

So much like how I felt when my X told me she wanted a divorce. I didn't have the financial where with all to do what he did, if I had I would have done the same as he did. After 30 years things are better but the scars are still sore. She was my all and I trusted her complety.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Sad

for her and for him. good for drama but for the soul.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well done!

I really enjoyed the story and encourage you to submit more. I enjoy the stories where the husband does not cave in.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 11 years ago
I guess I should clarify

my previous comment. This story was not a feel good sort of tale. It was very dark and quite depressing. However, if a story creates strong emotion in the reader, regardless of the emotion, especially if it is the emotion the writer desired to evoke, that writer has done a very good job. This was very dark, somewhat repetitive, and more than a little implausible, but it did get the juices going. So I have to compliment the author. I did change my mind about jumping off the cliff, since that threat was misunderstood by some. Licketysplit (?) got it right. Sorry RePhil!

MapleMilkMapleMilkover 11 years ago
Excellent

Very dark but very well done.

MapleMilkMapleMilkover 11 years ago
Screwed Up Scoring.

I tried to vote a 5, but I think it went in as a zero. I can't see any way to correct this.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Great story

well written and treats a whore right

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
a good story , very depressing

she screwd up , he never moved on and both lives were destroyed both ended up unhappy even thou he became rich. sometimes life sucks. sad ending for both..

sbart921sbart921over 11 years ago
Very Good Story

Sometimes life just sucks and you have to do what his character did - deal with it. I also liked the the wife's take on things; closed a lot of loose ends. Looking forward to your next submission.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good story please keep on writing!

I agree with cueball's comment. I liked getting both sides. Each saw them self as the victim of an abusive spouse. I would have liked to have had some conversation when the wife got a watch back for her b-day. The marriage was done but both could have gotten some help. I felt sorry for both of them at the end. I'm glad HDK didn't jump off a cliff. We need more like him and you to keep writing. Thanks for your effort.

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
sad

It is like a DQS Story where the people are destroyed by their own issues,she feels lime ahe isnt worthy,he couldn't get beyond the anger.More.importantly she couldn't communicate and that led to the spiral. His is also the classic story about revenge,about digging two graves,he killed her and himself.

One point is she may have been able to sue the company,what allen did is sexual harassment,plus he blackmailed her..and if the company.allowed that kind of environment they would lose if she sued.one other quibble she couldn't collect unemployment,you can't when it is for cause.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Is Jidoka Matt M.'s newer nickname?

1. I have/had a debate with Karan about the Romantic Revenge Stories and the Romantic Revenge Situations. The level and value of a Modern Figaro Type Revenge Story could be increased to more times by Romantic Revenge Situation in the story.

The best example is Azpiri's excellent Modern Figaro Type Revenge Story "Shattered", where the Romantic Revenge Situation burnt the exwife IN VIVO.

2. The story resembles to Matt M.'s worst stories, where the cheater exwife will be the winner. The exwife found a mate who is not brutal and uses the bathroom, but the Author (exwife) does not say ANYTHING about him , so he may be a good mate for her according to the circumtances (because of long time revenge). She will be old with somebody. Against to her exhusband who has enough money but instead of a decent mate he uses in better case escorts, in wronger case prostitutes and the children live far from him. I do not find Matt M. among the commenters, so he would have written this story!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. The Modern Figaro Type Revenge costs 5***** for me, but a Romantic Revenge Situation (for example a beautiful younger Asian Second Wife with preanuptial) at the wedding of the daughter, would have fixed the story. The exhusband is not neutral at all. The oposite of the love is not the hate, which is a burden for him to find a decent constant mate, but the neutrality is, which could assist him to find other constant mate. I do not think to forgive her, BUT FORGET HER MEANS NEUTRALY!!!!!!!!

I recommend this guy from N.C., he put this video on You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIvJms3wlaY

and he wrote the next to this video :

I was married to an American bitch for 18 years. She got away with fraud and turned my oldest daughter against me. Going through divorce in my mid 40's I decided to look for love in a country that was family oriented. I married a beautiful 18 yr old Filipina and now I feel I feel young again and in love!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well rid of this guy...

So it's unforgivable to cheat...but murder is acceptable...funny thing...Can someone tell me where to find the 'Loving Husbands' category?

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
Outstanding.

Few authors can write both sids of a story well. This tale was one that did. The characters were well fleshed out, the writer was able to tell the same story twice without being repedative, or boring.

As IRL, the author wrote wife character as rationalizing her behaviour, even believing the divorce settlement she propsed was fair. Understanding did not come until the hammer came down with witnesses and documents.

Dark?-yes. Depressing?-yes. Well written-YES!

Thanks for posting, looking forward to more

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Succesful revenge?

1. I do not understand some commenters. What about comunication? If the husband had comunicated his elaborated revenge would not have succeded, because they would have divorced earlier. The wife was a serial cheater, so a simple marriage conseling would not have assisted them.

2. The exhusband (the Author) says (writes) in the story that the hapiness can not be bought by money so the play (soccer) is 1:'1, because the exwife is not sad lonely woman. She had to decrease her wish for a mate, but she will not be alone in her old years, against to her exhusband........It may be the long time revenge helped her to extinct the serial cheater behavioral in her brain and her second marriage will be a long time succes to the circumtensis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Average?

Not quite, Michael is a way below average person. No wonder she cheated on him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Had it not gone riidiculous

With him getting full custody of the children for her adultery while simultaneously being UNEMPLOYED, apparently BANKRUPT (due to hiding the money so she couldn't get it in the divorce) and acting like a completely worthless gambling addict spendthrift? Nobody gives full custody in that situation. Not even against a cheating whore. It doesn't even make sense. It's like the most ridiculous kind of fantasy fulfillment - you can't suspend disbelief to have it make sense. That and getting rehired as vice president of a company that he was fired from for incompetence. What the hell? You might as well have thrown in a supermodel-saint second chance wife for good measure.

Had you left out the fairyland magic ending this would have been a much better revenge story. Yeah, I'm sure that sounds like nothing but criticism, but I'm still giving four stars on what could have been a five star story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Both unbalanced.

Both the husband and the wife were mentally unbalanced. Apart for the unrealistic nature of this fantasy type story, it was a sad, morbid telling of two people who had no sense of decency or respect for each other. This was a classic screed of human disaster. It makes one wonder about an author who can write this stuff.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Crazy Mixed Up Story!!

Thanks for sharing.

thefranzthefranzover 11 years ago
Saddening but good

some elements of Greek tragedy here, albeit without murder, rape and massacre. She countinously tries to take the easiest way out of her problem, having cheated on her husband. He has to create a certain mindset in himself to cope with her betrayal and to win in the divorce. Both become the victims of their strategies to solve the problems: she misses the point when she could have saved the marriage to her only love, he has mae himself a hateful and suspicious person who shuns any loving relationship.

Great writing and a lot of "emotional truth" here. Congratulations, but this can't be your first story:).

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Good discovering

@ Anon you are right. How could he get the children custody? The law suits take longer time than the divorce takes. Interesting discovering, which was in my mind also, but the sad ending forgeting this.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Nicely done story

Well written, very sad, a perfect example of tragedy. I hope that the author presents us with many more fine stories. I just hope that they won't all be depressing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Ditto for me on HDK's 2nd comment

Depressing, but held me right to the end. 5*****. Thank you and many more please.

tom anon

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Lose/lose

Everyone here, Michael, Jennifer, their kids, her lovers, her employer, his employer for a time, lost. The sense of losing here is so powerful that even his hitting the jackpot financially doesn't provide salve. This may be the darkest tale I have read on this site. And the author assembled this tale in a way that it's plausible overall even though flawed in some details. Well done.

DP

MasterofWhoresMasterofWhoresover 11 years ago
Sad, but good story...

A sad but also good and well written story. Looking forward to see more from your hand, Jidoka.

SalamisSalamisover 11 years ago
One powerful piece of writing

This was one powerful piece of writing; it got stronger as the work progressed. I’m not sure if I felt that sad for Michael. He lost his wife, but had his children, success, and money. The fact that he resorted to call girls for his sexual release seemed fitting and not the least bit sad; I found his situation hopeful.

As for Jennifer, her downfall was one-hundred percent due to her actions. She chose to become a whore. I felt very little sympathy for her and only then because her ex-husband kept up his revenge against her until she left town.

I think the most powerful statement uttered was that from Jennifer’s therapist:

"You should run as far away from here as possible. Leave him alone. Don't call him. Don't write him. Don't let him know where you are. There is no hope of reconciliation. Don't even try. Move on with your life. If you push him, the most likely outcome will be that he will kill you. Your actions have clearly broken a man with a fragile hold on sanity. He has had to endure disappointment upon disappointment for his entire life. He will never forgive you. He will never forget. Run."

The smartest thing Jennifer did was to remove herself from Michael’s environment. In doing so she might have the potential to find some happiness. For all the vengeful actions of Michael, there was no collateral damage.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
# 2 THE GOOD MAN...TAKES CARE OF BUSINESS

and in the end, doesnt squash her like he would a bug. TK U MLJ LV NV

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
This whore

This whore killed this mans soul and someone is worried about her? He has never gotten over it - he is the walking dead.

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD4over 11 years ago
Outstanding Story!

Some stories have this fantasy ending where the husband succeeds despite the betrayal to rebuild his life but given Michael's dependence on Jennifer this story's outcome is very realistic. The only sad part of this story was Michael remaining Jennifer's victim after the divorce. He had done everything right but his wife destroyed him. If she had gone to Michael after she ended her affair with her boss which was 2 weeks after Michael's birthday she could have saved her marriage and kept her kids. Michael would have eventually forgiven her but to become the company whore for eighteen months earned her the stupidest bitch of the decade award. She realized what she had in Michael but she never thought about him or her kids when she was fucking strangers. I have no sympathy for her. Thanks for a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent Story

A very good read, it was well-written with detailed development of all of the main character and it was also emotionally impactful as well.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
Just one word. Wow!

Just one word. Wow! Very well written. Excellent story. I look forward to read more of your work in the future. For those looking for a good read, this is highly recommended.

tiger46tiger46over 11 years ago
Two words

Double WOW!

A well developed story line. It easily could have gone several more pages.

It has the earmark of an excellent story of betrayal. Unfortunately his life turned out to be as pathetic as hers.

He didn't take advantage of the old addage "the best revenge is a life well lived"

Amassing wealth doesn't always equate to living life well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good

good, good, good, good.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I'm sorry, but

That was a very anti-climatic story. It was a very good write. BUT, nobody was happy, no real resolve, just sadness, revenge and lonelyness with no not even a little hope for the far away future. Okay maybe an early DEATH???? sorry....bill

Hands0nmanHands0nmanover 11 years ago
Unfortunately the message is quite clear

Men are strong and virtuous while women are ignorant sluts.

BrettarnBrettarnover 11 years ago
Good Quality Story

Nicely built, good strong story. As mentioned previously no-one really wins but that is just the truth of it.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Tough

Wow, this was a hard story to read. Both husband and wife needed severe psychological help. Both lives were ruined. Luckily the kids survived intact. She started the downfall with her cheating at work and losing the man that loved her unequivocally. Stupid cunt. She lost the best thing that ever happened to her.

Don't cheat.

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
Good

Good story, well written. A little thin on the reasons for cheating and turning into a slut. Unfortunately or fortunately, I have seen several women wind up like Jennifer. They are good at cheating but not too good at planning ahead. They wind up as desperate women with sad lives. Scary. Women may be better at hiding their cheating, but men seem to fair better when they get caught.

roscovichroscovichover 11 years ago
Oh,what a wonderful find it is to read an excellent author.

One of a handful of writers on this site. Extremely talented and superb command of English language. Well worth the 5* I awarded . Thank you.

KirkelKirkelover 11 years ago
I've read this somewhere. This is not new.

Do you have another pen name or have you posted this somewhere else? Did you plagerize this or not? This is not the first time I've read this story. The watch, the birthday present; they made me remember reading this very thing in the last couple of years somewhere...

JidokaJidokaover 11 years agoAuthor
This is new, Kirkel.

I do not have another pen name. I have never posted this story anywhere else. I am not certain I should consider your comment an accusation, so I'll keep the rest of my comments to myself. If you have something other than vague references feel free to post them. Otherwise, feel free to keep your thoughts to yourself.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Excellent shift of narrative. Added a nice perspective to the tale. I always struggle with these stories when blackmail is involved. But, she did start the affair in the first place. For as much as she claimed to have loved him, it was hard to believe she could have treated him that badly. It needed to be written a little differently in order to get the reader to emotionally buy in to her story.

cohibaIVcohibaIVover 11 years ago
Loved it / hated it

So good, so sad. Missed communications, misinterpreted signals, things not said. You write well; I look forward to reading more of your work. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
He got the kids and destroyed her.

He went to far in his revenge,who was more evil? She cheated and he didnot want to communicate with her and try to see his views. So he won the kids and made million but he destroyed her . And continued to destroy her after his victory. Too much pain to do that to another human being. And the mother of there children..she screwed up but he became evil in his retribution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very sad

I love revenge stories. The Count of Monte Cristo is my favorite book of all time. I love total revenge too. Murderous and just. But this is sad. Well-written short story but very sad. I, perhaps unfortunately, will have this bouncing around in my mind for a while. But thank you writer, for a very good tale. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Another Great One!

Loved the dual perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good tale

The adulterous wife did she ever say she was sorry for destroying the management of her company, 4 divorces of her sex partners and her own long term marriage and her relationship with the children ? If she did was she really sorry or just the way it turned out because in her mind what she did was all because of her husband that's why she demanded a divorce first. Could she have benn more wrong in what she willingly did to cause all that followed ? Could she have been a bigger whore ?

Years later she was married to a man she didn't love and he didn't love her and from the size of the wedding ring she now had he didn't have much money. Her former husband could have bought them both and all thier assests with one month's salary.

She really turned her good life into a bucket of shit raining on her all day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well written but sorry story

So he destroys her. And what kind of life did he enjoy in the process? A miserable one. No wife, no kids, no friends. Should have just jumped off the nearest bridge. A wasted life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

He has loving children, friends and money

Slut has shit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
"You'll ruin me." The pure hatred in his voice destroyed me. "God, I hope so."

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Everybody loses

That is pretty typical even if the story shows it in an extreme way -

The unfortunate truth is she won more than he did - he never found companionship - she did - too bad she did not deserve it as much as he did - but she truly destroyed him in the process - she was just ruined in practical terms not literally

Intense - a lot of over kill - but certainly possible - and well constructed - her explanation is a valid if unacceptable one heh

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 11 years ago
When you cheat

you will ruin more than just your life. In just their family, kids had no mother, hubby had no one to love except the whores he hired, her parents disowned her, so they all had a shitty rest of their lives.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

Yes he destroyed her big fucking deal. He would have been in the same place nomatterwhat so fuck the whore, which is what she was.

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
Funny

Anti revenge story, because the ex wife found a long term mate, but the ex husband did not find............

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

she lived with a poor man she did not love. she destroyed her life and knows it. she destroyed her husband too and that was her fault.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
god i hope so

best line everrr!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
awwww

the poor slut is sad

at least her current husband won't have to worry about her ex sniffing around

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Superbly written and executed story.

This author is on his way to become one of the top writers on this site. Thank you for excellent entertainment.

'roscovich' .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
too long

drawn out. 3 *s. it is better than 80% of the other stories.

but 2 years of wimping and putting the children thru that is ???????????????????

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 11 years ago
HDK was correct - well written but depressing story

Husband screwed up - he had his kids, money, and a good job. A change in attitude and he could have upgraded.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Now that HURT!

This was a well written story about a husband who opens up a GIANT can of whoop ass on a cheating wife. But even though he gets everything, including the kids in the divorce, I can't help but feel that he ruined not only his ex-wife's life, but his life and his children's life. I guess this story is an example of over doing the punishment for all concerned. The only worse thing is when someone dies.

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 11 years ago
I really enjoy your stories but......

They are depressing as hell! But I agree with the way your husbands take care business more than the wimpy husbands!

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 11 years ago
Good Story

The plot of the story was average but the presentation was good. Their relationship was anything but average. Your writing abilities are very good but the plot is a little too cut and dry. Too many assumptions and too many missed opportunities to make this a really interesting story. Don't pander to the BTB crowd. When you think about it, it's really childish and an immature way to act. Now if the woman was truly malicious then by all means this type of revenge is warranted but as written I'm feeling sorry for the wife in this story who was seduced by a skilled predator into a trap of blackmail and sexual slavery with no apparent escape. That's a pretty scary position to be in. Then the victim (wife) ends up losing everything and severly punished by her hurting husband. Then makes it his mission she never has anything ever again and the person responsible for all this only lost his job and allowed to do this all over again to some other family. Her bosses character is more devious than hers but he skates on almost all of the consequences. Why wasn't he hounded for years. Maybe, the husband wasn't man enough to take on another man. A better story would be the husband rides in to save his wife by financially, emotionally and physically pummeling her boss and then sees whether he can get by his wife being manipulated into sex with another man and then being blackmailed into being his whore. Maybe there is just no way he can abide by someone taking what's his and won't budge on divorcing her and she still loses everything but at least that way your hero doesn't come off as some dysfunctional weak-ass sadist. Divorce is not pretty and usually everybody loses but that doesn't mean that every story about divorce is a tale of woe. You're a good writer, now all you have to do is take it to the next level. Thank you for your work, time and the entertainment. BTW just because I give advice doesn't mean I think I could do better, I can't, I just know what I like.

JounarJounaralmost 11 years ago

What absolute bullshit SELSTIM.

She had a perfect husband, family and life and she tossed it away all because she wanted a little strange cock. If she had of been faithful their would of been no blackmail. She then shut hubby and kids out of her life and treated him like shit. The bitch then has the nerve to be upset when she gets treated exactly the same way she treated her husband and tries to fuck him over in the divorce!

The scumbag boss got fired for his actions and maybe more should of been done to pay him back but he never made any promises to hubby on their wedding day, the wife did and then broke them.

Cheating cunt got what she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Cunt

Fuck anyone who feels sorry for this bitch. She had the perfect home, the perfect husband and the perfect family. She decided that wasn't enough, so she went looking for more cock, and decided to become a cum dump. She blamed it all on her life being "too perfect"; really?, what a load of crap! If she didn't love her husband; fine. But why totally ignore and disregard her children, to the point where they didn't recognize their own mother? She claimed later on that she was being blackmailed. If that was so, then why go out of her way to buy the "blackmailer" sexy lingerie? Why attach a love note promising her anal virginity? At the same time she claimed she forgot the own husband's birthday, so she bought him a $10 piece of shit watch wrapped in recycled paper. She didn't forget! That was premeditated! If she truly forgot, she could have used the sexy lingerie she bought for HER LOVER, which she bought WEEKS in advance! She didn't forget the birthday of a man supposedly blackmailing and abusing her. She lovingly took the time to pick out an outfit for him. She took the time to lovingly handwrite a love note for him! She later gets angry on her birthday when the favour is returned, claiming it was intentional, well so was hers. She was completely self-delusional, never really taking responsibility herself. She blamed her husband for being "too loving", she blamed her boss for it, after she left home to seek him or someone like him out! Don't feel any pity for her, she destroyed not only her own life, but her husband's also, and to a lesser extent, her kids too. She knew what she was doing, so she was prepared, but the husband never saw the betrayal coming, so the devastation was complete. He totally loved her with all his being, therefore his hate would be total also. Love turns into an equal amount of hate.

Pity the husband couldn't move on with his life.

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
I agree with anon; no pity

This woman deserves no pity. Her life was perfect, yet she intentionally set out to cheat. She knew the activities of her co-workers but still stayed. Why? No woman is so dumb or so naive that she doesn't recognise when she is being hit on and flirted with. She was a married woman and a mother so she wasn't that naive. She went along with it. She sought to cheat and activly participated. There was no coercion or blackmail when she first planned to cheat. That only came after she got bored with her lover and tried to stop. She told the therapist about the husband's past of disappointment after disappointment so she knew beforehand how devastating her betrayal would be yet she went ahead as planned. She didn't love her husband or her children. I also agree about the birthday. If she forgot the husbands birthday then why hold back the lingerie she got for her lover which she bought days or weeks in advance. If she really cared for her husband in any way she could have worn it for him. She still had a week or more to get more for her sleazy affair. Her lover was far more important to her than her own family. Why did she wait so long to stop all the affairs. It was because she enjoyed them. When she decided to stop she simply said "I don't care who you show the pictures to". That simple. She could have done that at any point. She didn't care if her husband saw the pictures, she only stopped when it suited her. Then she tried to screw her family in a divorce. She didn't ask for the children in the divorce, only for the money. If the husband divorced her when he first found out he might have gotten over it. He let the hate and resentment grow for 2 years so there was no redemption left for him.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Good story

But I pity them both.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Selstim is right

Nothing more needs to be said. Let your writing flow naturally. Divorce, pain, sadness--all appropriate but for the sake of the story, not the BTB crowd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well written story

But what a downer! While I appreciate your writing talent and I don't mind a good BTB story this was a dark, dark story in which everyone - the wife, the husband, the kids, her work associates and his work associates all lost. Again, well written. I could "feel" his pain. But jeez, this is a porn site right? Throw in some sex and lighten up!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous