All Comments on 'An Average Descent'

by Jidoka

Sort by:
  • 434 Comments (Page 3)
Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago
One more time around the block

Still five stars. The first part is brilliant, but incredibly sad. Jidoka is a master at writing an emotionally gripping tale. Her part doesn't come off too well. It seems to contradict the first part. She didn't act like a woman being forced to cheat. I would expect a woman in such a position to be suffering, but not to disengage from her family. She disregarded hubby and children like her other life was more important. And why would she give up her anal virginity in such a romantic and loving manner if being forced? It doesn't ring true.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funalmost 7 years ago
Incredibly sad

This is the most depressing story I have ever read on this site.

To me It's a moral for the sins that poor communicators inflict on themselves and each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A fairy tale

No one cares about other people's affairs. Everything she did would have blown over after a few months. That's the world we live in.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Bad choices...

Could anyone be as so heartless as this woman to her husband? You bet. Serial cheaters exist. I can't imagine why someone would choose to get married who has a sexual addiction. Being an addict is one thing. Destroying someone with your addiction is another. That's just evil.

266xxyz266xxyzover 6 years ago
Loved it!

And I guess I learned something about myself too. I have always felt like I have walked a fine line between BTB and RAAC. Considering my experience and the comments of many people here, I find I come down firmly on the BTB side. I feel like those of you who have never been betrayed have reasonable responses that attempt to see both sides of the coin and try to resolve issues in a more equitable manor. I also think those people do not really have much depth of feeling. I truly don't know the answer to that but as for myself being sad or happy is far from enough. I need the rage fear pathos searing pain adrenalin plotting and revenge. Don't have time for Karma to kick in...sometimes you have to wait a life time for that. This is only a one way ticket that IMO really doesn't mean anything in the scheme of things. Our universe is in our head. Why have tepid feelings? Revenge does not a monster make except perhaps in the eyes and hearts of the revengee. It is, I think, better to stay even than get even...but getting even works too.

I think this is my 4th read and still 5*s!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hole in Your Story

You wrote:

"My best hope would be shared custody. Our income disparity also worked in my wife's favor. I would pay spousal maintenance and child support. My wife would likely be granted primary custody and be entitled to remain in the house for the good of the children..."

That excerpt makes no sense! Your lead character had been the main caregiver for years, and his wife's job paid more than his during that same period, so your stance that he would not be awarded primary custody and have to pay maintenance is illogical.

Really, that one did it for me, and I stopped reading.

Needs fixing.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Sad

Living well IS a form of revenge. Suck it up buttercup and move on living life would be my advice.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 6 years ago
a lot like Mike

I am a lot like Mike. Except i would just leave and never come back. I was on my way out of town. My wife called saying I should come home. North Dakota was waiting gor me. Plenty of jobs. Name change everything. Wasnt coming back for anything.

MullendersMullendersover 6 years ago

by stillaonewomanm

so you are nothing like mike only cowards run from there problems

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re: Hole in your story

Your first excerpt happened when he first decided he wanted a divorce. He decided not to pursue one when faced with that likely outcome.

The second excerpt is the situation when his wife asked for a divorce. In the meantime he had been fired and spent all of the money.

Hole plugged.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
quibbling a bit

The story's title and lead in line on submissions page is misleading

Story depicted the most painful descent of a marriage I have read on this site.

The marriage was not average as described but rather tbeyond fairy tale in at least his devotion before she cheated.

At the end, I was as numb as either spouse

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
GET YOUR PAYMENT IN COIN OF THE REALM AND FIX YOUR EGO

but never become a bully to anyone or against anyone, Karma is not a one-way street ...TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Not a bad story, but I could have done without the second part, the ex-wife’s story. It seemed like a ploy to get sympathy for her, but after reading the husband’s story, I doubt anyone could have empathy for the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@anon 10/17/17

You are an idiot. You clearly don't know the law. ESPECIALLY in states that you can divorce for adultery he would get everything. He had PROOF (video, pics etc) of everything she did. She was screwing her boss, employers, clients. She ignored her children.

Only in no fault states would what you said even happen and that's still unlikely because he had 2 years of proof on her. Since he did divorce her for adultery that means he isn't in a no fault state so he can sue for alienation of affection on her company and everyone she had sex with.

To what another anon said (10/7/17) he didn't spend it right before they divorced. He spent it gradually over the years on stuff they needed. God you guys if you going to critique the story at least read the damn story, don't skim it. If you are skimming the story then write something like "wimp cuck shit" and move on. So we know not to take you seriously.

BillandKateBillandKateover 6 years ago
One of the Saddest Stories -

I've ever read here. Well written - I appreciate her side, but it only made it sadder. I gave it 5 stars. This author needs to come back and write again.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 6 years ago
Damn

Very dark tale. One regret was that the husband never met another to love. A new woman who can be the wife he deserved. As for that cheating cunt wife, to hell with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1 *

Michael turned from a good and decent man into a mean and angry man. A lose-lose story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
pure cucks like betrayed have a point

the formula for this kind of story demand the guy find a younger and hotter new woman - story failed so only 2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
re: pure cucks

don't hate on betrayed because your mom sucked his cock. You should love the whore just because she spawned your pussy ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
re: betrayed's fellator/ass-buddy

the comment section is not the place to profess your undying love for betrayed - we know he is a tender little guy and needs protection but the mods can do that - you can suck his tiny dick in private, or offer your ass, or whatever you heroes do for each other.

EverRestlessEverRestlessover 6 years ago
Dark but ...

I agree the story is dark, but realistic too, this just could have been reality. I imagine one could get in just such a dark, vindictive mood after finding yourself at the short end of the stick. Luckily most people overcome it though and get on with their life. Well told and entertaining in its own way. 5*.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Thoughts

"But it did start making me to wonder if Michael and I were missing something in our sex life." - Key words there: "Michael and I," "our sex life." She COULD have talked to Michael about THEIR sex life, MAYBE he would have agreed to something, Instead, she unilaterally expanded HER sex life, leaving Michael behind.

"A few years earlier, I had forgotten Michael's birthday. In a panic I found an inexpensive watch at the store down the street." - Of course, it never occurred to her to give him the gift she had for Allen!

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
dark is an understatement

If this were real, someone would have pushed him to get into therapy for his own piece of mind, damn nasty bit of business. well written but haunting as hell

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good story

Another dark and sad tale. I agree with other commenters who wrote. "Not a bad story, but I could have done without the second part, the ex-wife’s story. It seemed like a ploy to get sympathy for her, but after reading the husband’s story, I doubt anyone could have empathy for the bitch."

I was just a repetitions of the first part with out any new relevant information.

Danger09Danger09almost 6 years ago
God what at stupid bitch

She had the perfect life, a husband who loved and worshipped her, two beautiful kids that adored her, a nice house and she wiped her shitty ass with all that just to become the company whore.. I did feel a little sorry for the braindead gutter whore. She clearly isn't playing with a full deck no one sane thinks like this. I love reading these stories, it shows me what my life would be if I slutted myself out. I would lose my husbands love/respect, I would lose my reasons to breath. I just don't understand why she did this? Women that falls for the ole if you don't continue to be my whore I will tell your husband bullshit deserves everything they get. If I slipped and slept with another man and he video taped it and tried to use it to blackmail me it wouldn't end well for him. I would've just told my husband. What is worse, her confessing everything or her continuing her descent? In the end she still lost her family so what did her whoring accomplished? I felt sorry for her at the end though. The bitch is braindead.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Thoughts

I can understand him having some residual bitterness, but I wouldn't think that it would affect his relationship with the kids. They had always been close, I would think that time with them would push the bitterness aside.

"was she hoping for a relationship with my children?" - Well if HIS closeness has faded, they might just welcome her!

"I made no attempts to prevent them from finding her." - Again, why should he? He no longer has much of a relationship with them.

"But it did start making me to wonder if Michael and I were missing something in our sex life" - Heaven forbid she should actually TALK to Michael about it! She already said that Michael had wanted to be more adventurous, so she should have been assured that he would be receptive.

"An emotion I felt had long passed." - I don't recall anything being said about her desirability before she started distancing herself.

"I had fully intended to make up for my oversight later, but I never got around to it and eventually I forgot all about it. My present had been a mistake but his was calculated." - A mistake that COULD have been rectified by giving him Allen's present!

"When I saw the giant sex toy and bottle of lube, I knew. He knew almost everything" - She didn't already know that?

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 6 years ago
a horrible evil bitch, dark, brutal and a little unrealistic.

loved it 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bravo! Great story

The title says it all. 5 STARS. Please, keep the fiction flowing. Well done.

GymShortsGymShortsover 5 years ago
Nobody Won...

The only sure way to have great sex....pay for it.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It is biggest loss for Literotica when this Author,for whatever reason stopped contributing.

I read ALL of his stories several times, it is always great entertainment for me.

His genius is unmistakable. Thank you Jidoka.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Cold

A solid story with a brutal ending. He burned her completely, a fate she definitely deserved. But in the process she.ruined his capacity to love or trust forever. Sbrooks103x does a great job breaking down these stories and he had this one pegged exactly. One question though. If his relationship with his children had cooled, who was going to get all those millions?

SanzegoSanzegoalmost 5 years ago
Actions and consequences

"Your actions have clearly broken a man with a fragile hold on sanity." Scarey, but acurate given the story arc. People never seem to understand that it does "mean something" and that it will effect the other person. Solid build, excellent execution. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
I found it engrossing. 5*****

The following image was especially moving: "I would sometimes secretly watch him drop them off or pick them up at school." I had to picture a mother, unable to be with her children, watching them from a distance. There is burn and there is incinerate. He destroyed her body and soul. I actually felt sorry for her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Deserved everything that happened to him.

Blamed his wife for being a whimp. Once they were divorced he should have left her alone. He could not handle being a whimp and turned into an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
"You'll Ruin Me."

"God, I hope so." Perfect. Signed: BTW

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Broken man breaks woman difficult story

5 stars

Didn't like but totally engrossed

Felt for him then felt for her

Believe in BTB

But this was just too much as she screwed up but then allowed herself to be blackmailed

Who loses the most?

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

It's a real shame that Jidoka is no longer writing, this was an engrossing story, even if it was incredibly sad.

Michael's revenge on the slut wife was brutal and well-deserved. In fact the unrelenting destruction of her entire life and forcing her to flee in fear is probably one of the most extreme burning of a bitch I've seen on here. That side was fascinating and completely drew me into the story.

The part I hated was that he was so broken as a result of her betrayal. The best measure of a man is his ability to pick himself up after adversity, and while Michael was extremely successful financially, he let himself be ruined on an emotional level. After having his heart broken, I could understand him being unwilling to remarry, and using escorts for companionship, but to deliberately avoid any kind of meaningful relationship was sad.

The worst part of the entire story was Michael distancing himself from his children. They'd grown very close in the two years where he was the full-time parent and it was tragic (and not in character) that they would just grow apart.

One final point: The cliche of the formerly loving wife giving her anal virginity away to her lover did make my smile. Michael only had himself to blame for that one. I can never understand why these devoted husbands never go there. Honestly, their sex life must have been pretty shit if they never tried doing something as passe as anal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I wasn't sure just how high to rate this

But I got help from another anon commentor, from 06/09/19.

It was a very sad tale, yes, not much in the way of erotica, but given the story, that is about where it should have been.

There were no winners either. Money means nothing, really, when compared to life-changing events, except for the need to survive. Actually, when I say no winners, Michael did all he could to guide his children through the devastation, despite the seismic shift in his core beliefs, that cost him the grace of a pain free, dignified later life. For this character, the betrayal was so deep he'd never be able to recover, but he still sheltered his descendants, which by necessity, caused estrangement. So as much as he could possibly allow, he made his children winners.

My key response to that annoying anony, though, is that Michael was a realist. He found out the reality of the system that he could not escape, and he dealt with it. He found a path that would put her on the outside, and he did what was most important to him, and should be most important to every man worthy of the title... he did his best to be father.

That makes him a M A N. Not a wimp, you brain-dead moron. He sacrificed himself at every turn to make sure that his family were as safe as they could be.

So he didn't turn into a jedi and destroy the bitch's depraved world. Maybe, that would have been the story without kids involved.

So 5 stars, not 4.5 (just because it depressed me a little, and because Jidoka made her human too), and if I come across this story in the future, I'll give it another 5, every time.

God, anony commentors are stupid (who, me?).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Champaign is a town in Illinois

Champagne is something that one drinks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Really Depressing

But a good read. Good plot.well written and although it ends with no winners ( there never are any in such situations) the story is totally believable. What a mess the woman made of a good life!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yes, very nice

No one in here gets what happened to him. He wasn't hurt, he wasn't wounded, he was SHATTERED. She smashed him into so many pieces he coundnt breath, if youve never been there you could never understand. Cheating , there's something missing she may have needed, can come back from but it's really never the same. Cheating and lying aboug it, thats a really breaking point. I had tears reading your story, been there had it done to me but I was lucky, an unbelievable women put me back together and helped me come in from the dark. Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Talk About Depressing!

NO winner in this mess! How much love could they share if she didn't share what was going on in her office with a husband where she had always shared everything? ~ This story was over before the end of page two.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Well done

No winners here. Rather sourfull. But well done and believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Couldn't make it past page 1

Worst, most depressing and pathetic garbage I have ever seen. Skipped to here to specifically say that because of how you are an incredible writer and this shocked me.

This was far, far beneath you. Instead of sympathy or empathy, you generated contempt for the main character within the first page. You killed off any desire to go further. You did not strike that elusive balance between hard times and pathetic wallowing.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Sad story

No winners really in this story, but well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A very good read .

Truly a broken man .

He will never again revel in soft kisses and caresses , love given freely .

I feel sorry for him .

Was his revenge on her over the top ? Maybe a just a bit , but all the laws are loaded in the wives favour , so if you're backed into a corner and have something to use , then use it .

No half measures, take no prisoners.

No winners here but this mess was all on her , and at least as the innocent victim , he gets to be miserable in comfort.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Dark and Depressing

Came back for a reread. Wish this author was still posting.

One gap that makes little sense; how did the closeness he had with his kids break down? That aspect - gap - deserves a “how”.

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Read your other stories first. Somebody really did a number on you.

Same physical descriptions, same cheating wife (or was it you ?). Ugly, just ugly !!

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Great

Really enjoyed the story. Wife got everything she deserved...

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 4 years ago
@Grimmer

The closeness he had with his kids was destroyed because he was destroyed. He was twisted by hate, mistrust and a general lake of empathy. He hated himself but he hated everyone else as well because he had no belief in being good any more. You could say that he was the jaded to the extreme as he had loved and cherished his wife, only treating her as best as he could and she just threw it all away. He was a broken man who recognised this and didn't engage in emotional relationships for fear of getting hurt, so ended up alone.

Both parties ended up with a shitty life because of a series of dumb decisions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

The writing was top notch... The story research... Not so much... As others have said there is no way he would have been able to come out of the divorce with all of that... And no way her company would have been able to fire her... She would have gotten a huge settlement from the company and likely everyone that had sex with her... HR would have started out kissing her ass... And when it came out that she tried to vet out of it and was blackmailed she would have had the keys to the kingdom...

Again it was well written... But very... Very unrealistic... The brb crowd doesn't care about little things like that as long as the cheating wife is burnt up the kazoo... But it ruined it for me...

-jaye-

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Too bitter, too bad

Writing was decent, not great.

A real BTB story: calculated reprisal to the extreme.

A bit unrealistic in that his life has a happy ending... not likely.

That revenge-driven bitterness would have dehumanized him to the point that he would barely be human any more. Her therapist was right.

But, the author ignored this part of the outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excellent story

Artie88’s comments demonstrate his cuckold up bring by his cuckold father!

NitpicNitpicabout 4 years ago
Reasonable

Reasonable story,though I think his treatment of his wife after their divorce was over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Since I was in his shoes growing up

I could honestly say if anyone did this and confronted me. Not a chance he would wAlk away. The beatings and other abuse neglect foster homes just too much. The person would never live with the rage in me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The saddest visual I've ever seen.

When Michael looked back and she waved goodbye, I had tears in my eyes. I've had that visual in my head for weeks. She made a lot of mistakes and so did he. Their lack of communication was epic. Sad, sad ending.

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81almost 4 years ago
Moral of the story.

Let this be a lesson to all of you, ladies and gents.

Your marriage is a living organism. It requires tender love and care just like everything else. If you fail in this, your marriage WILL dwindle away ever so slowly. Once you start down that path, it will slowly erode your life, marriage and self-worth away. There is no such thing as "the grass is greener on the other side of the fence". What may seem happier times is but an illusionary world that is build in an empty void. Why is it empty? Because you try to replace what was real with an illusion to make you feel better.

Helen1899Helen1899almost 4 years ago
Not for me

What a miserable story, not an ounce of happiness for anybody, what was the point,. Ok well written, but the author must have had a bad experience with a women to harbour so much bitterness, I really feel sad for him

johsunjohsunalmost 4 years ago

VERY sad story. Well done though. I felt sadder after reading the wife's part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You did notice she still showed no remorse for her actions

What do you expect to happen when the person closest to you betrays you. This guy put all his eggs in one basket, and was not only dropped, but kicked and scattered to the winds. He didn't have the resources to do much, but do the best for his kids, his only thought was for there welfare. When the kids left the nest, he had nothing unfortunately. This was a tale of a man who gave everything to do what society expects a man to do, but got broken when his wife decided to play by her own rules. Now I know why there used to be in the vows, love, honor and obey.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What a cheating slut of a wife has to look forward to when the shit hits the fan.....

My hats off this author...we got to see this story for the wifes point of view........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Be careful

My husband ran across this story and said it was a lot like our story and asked me to write a comment. Becarful what you think you might have missed out on and take a strong look at what you have. I had an affair when I let a guy 17 years older than me talked out of my pants. Yes my husband and I had problems but nothing worth what I had put him through he was hurt worse than I could imagine. He told me he didn't say much but threw hints at me when my affair was going on but I didn't see it till I noticed him talking to my brother his best friend I heard some of what they said I knew he knew about my affair and was going to talk to a lawyer. I changed my ways quickly and start to work on my marriage. We eventually talked about my affair and WOW I couldn't believe the hurt I caused and he had faith and stuck with me. So as I said be careful before it's to late if you really believe in your wedding vows. We just had our 43rd anniversary.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

2nd read, still moving, 6*. Michael did a great job of incinerating her but he allowed himself to burn too. And if Michael did not think his kids were not affected - he's delusional. The sadness in this story is Michael never over-came her betrayal to learn how to live a good life - as wealthy as he became. Screw her she earned all the grief she got and still won with at least having a companion fuck-buddy. Her husband never trusted any female to let his heart mend - that is THE true sadness of this story.

/

Well written emotional story! Hooyah, SALUTE!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again. This cheating wife betrayed her family for no reason at all. She paid a huge price for her actions. She deserved all she got and more, but unfortunately the betrayed husband didnt end up in a great place either. Cheating sucks.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Just a very sad story. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The Only ...

... people who submit to sexual extortion are those that want to use "it's not my fault; he forced me - I still love only you" as an excuse to fully engage and revel in untrammeled debauchery and depravity.

Lying, manipulating, cheating, adulterous, self-deluding cunts.

True Romance

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 3 years ago
Wow.

Talk about scorched earth. This author showed a man that didn´t care about his wife nor their children. He said it when he said that after the kids started college they didn´t stay close to him. All this man cared about was himself and his money. You think the kids wont find out what he did to cheat their mom from her fair share otf the money? Why wouldn´t he talk to the wife when she was trying to fix things after her affair? Because of the money. This was not a nice man. I guess he deserved what he got. nothing. Just the money.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

the wrath of a scorned lover. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hopelessness

Wow that was the saddest story I have ever read here. Incredibly devoid of any hope. I prefer a little more forgiveness. Michael was never made aware of her blackmail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Super tragedy

This is one of the saddest stories I’ve ever read. Great character development; not too long; with a non-ending ending. I’m so sad after reading this, I’m unable to generate any enthusiasm for this story. If I could, I’d give it five stars, but can’t give it more than three.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Made me cry

The only story more tragic would be ''Tess deuberville'' this is worse

Realistic bit worse

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Understood

Sad story. Great story. Some of the respondents missed the point. No one won in this story. A fragile man whose confidence was built on the love of his family was broken by betrayal. He knew where he was headed and he knew he would never be happy again. He stayed away from his kids so he would not infect them with his hate filled and depressed life. He wished them happiness. The ex? He wished her happiness as well. Everyone loses. But life goes on. As long as there is life there is always hope.

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 3 years ago

i loved the story. Gave it 5 stars!!! What i really liked was the telling of the story from both sides. I came to understand why Jennifer did what she did. I worked in an office environment like the one she described in this story. Most of the men were divorced and fooling around with the younger women at work. Women there used sex to get advancement in the company. There were company parties where spouses were not permitted and there was a lot of fooling around there as well. The company does not exist now but it was a really terrible environment to work within. I was happy that my marriage survived the six years that i worked there. This story was really interesting. You could see where the characters could have rekindled their passion for each other but missed the signals that something was wrong. Jennifer let the pictures Allen had of them having sex together permit him to whore her out to coworkers and clients alike. Huge mistake! It cost her everything. I was sad in the story that Michael never really survived the divorce and found another woman to be happy with. It was truly a sad story all around. One that we can all learn from. Really great story. I loved the writhing, the characters, the story like. Great job!!!

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Such sadness in a story, a wonderful loving family destroyed by deceit of his wife, how could she not know that her actions would have consequences. With his hatred of his ex-wife he allowed it to destroy her along with his family and any chance of happiness despite his wealth. Well written, but everyone lost 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sad and Oh so Dark

A sad and gloomy story where the main cause of the disaster Allen, didn't suffer the full consequences of his cold blooded seduction. It was total ruin on all sides and a family totally destroyed. Absolutely no one won! What an incredibly stupid woman, who to satisfy her ego left herself wide open to exploitation. The others in her office may have been flirtatious and amoral but none were tipped as the Company whore. So why did she accept the role??! She asked for it and got what she deserved. Michael did not fare any better. A horribly dark story! - But well written.4*s.

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

Jennifer never really changed. The third from the last sentence says it all. She was ashamed of her wedding ring. She married a guy she didn't love but he didn't smell and he didn't hit her. But clearly he wasn't good enough for her. She never would support him, have his back, comfort him when he's down.

He is just a roommate. Another paycheck to help with the rent. She'll use him. If something better should come along, she's gone. In the meantime she'll wallow in self pity and wonder why Fate was so cruel to her.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

my 3rd time reading it and still love the way the hubby dealt with the situation

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
SAD STORY

I think this is the saddest story I have read on Literotica. He did what he thought he had to do. Can't fault him a lot. He destroyed himself as well as her. 5*

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

Sad story. I'm ok with how he destroyed his wife and her lovers, but I'm not so happy how he destroyed himself. He should should have seeked help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Wish I hadn't read this story. It's extremely well written and shows the author's professional approach to writing.

However, there's enough misery in the real world without it in the fantasy world as well.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Again

After what she did to him and their children, he let her off very easy. I think she did much more damage to him than he did to her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
HE DIDN'T DESTROY HIMSELF......................................................

She did with her actions. I really doubt he suffered anything but the pain of her betrayal. It sounds like the kids came out pretty well rounded. He's a single parent so he must have had something going on right in their world.

Glad to see he left her destitute.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXabout 3 years ago

Tough one. I guess he chose to dig two graves. You can't hate someone like this and remain totally sane in my humble opinion.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
Perhaps one of the best 4 sentences in the LW pantheon:

“You'll ruin me."

I waited for her to look up so that I could watch her eyes when I responded. It took a few seconds.

"God, I hope so."

PeelercrabPeelercrababout 3 years ago

Adultery has destroyed many a sane mind. It is a point far beyond the point where no amount of guilt or sorrow can ever can recover what was already lost. No excuse ever can cover the facts of the disrespect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

LoL

Sooo ...all these wealthy men in this sort can easily get female companionship ... But you subject has to go through life alone because he chose to divorce a disgusting when re ?

Really ?

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

story was pretty good but the only thing i didnt like was him living his life like he did. i mean he's rich and according to her pretty handsome so he probably could get his pick of women. i get what she did tore him to pieces but he shouldve moved on and live happily ever after.

MightyheartMightyheartabout 3 years ago

Dark, Disturbing, Brilliant

No winners here

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24almost 3 years ago

This author sure is a romantic, Nice story.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Nasty

There was no need to be so nasty to his ex wife after their divorce,that was pure vindictiveness.If he had been any sort of man,he would have ditched her when he realised she was cheating on him,which also explains her need to look elsewhere.If his nanny was with him for fifteen years,where his kids in there twenties when they went to college?.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There was every reason to be nasty to the bitch for what she did. BTB... She destroyed his happiness. Payback is a bitch. There are consequences for every action,me very decision,

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonalmost 3 years ago

Dark. Brutal. True.

Beautifully done.

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

alil overboard on after she left town but still a great btb story. it just didnt jive with what he said about putting in any effort.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Wow... so brutal. Too much... just doen’t read as believable. Taking her away from the kids wasn’t good. Sorry, this story left a bad taste on my mouth. Nobody really moved on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think this is a very good portrayal (and warning) of what cheating on a spouse can do. It doesn't only destroy the relationship, it destroys people. It destroys lives.

Take this story as a warning. Do not cheat on your spouse.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

I think most commenters are missing the type of person he was. Orphaned young, only child, madly in love with his wife and kids. Her actions absolutely destroyed him, mind and soul. The counselor connected the dots, he wanted to destroy her like she did him so run away. She alienated her kids by her own actions can't blame that on him. This was dark but well done. 5*

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Some commenters on "In Her Eyes" liked the constant flashbacks. I thought there were too many to the point of confusion. This story was the opposite. It used flashbacks, but it was completely from David's POV. We saw his complete rise and fall into misery. It mentioned his adult children didn't have much connection to him. Seems to me a loving father would have gotten some back from his kids; gotten him out of his shell, so to speak.

There was no need at all for the slut whore's story. I really didn't care.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnn

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent tale. Thanks.

The husband did what he had to do to protect himself and his children from his wife's betrayal of him and the children. She neglects them for almost two years then is surprised when she finds out that both her husband and children had moved on without her and made the best life they could. Did she think time would stand still for her and allow her to play the company whore with no consequences and she could just step back into her previous life like nothing had ever happened. Did she think she could destroy her husband's world and he wouldn't take it personally? Once she finally left for good he left her alone. He had the wealth and means to find her and to continue to make her life miserable but he didn't. He didn't interfere with his children when they were older and they contacted her and kept in touch. He rebuilt his life and went on. That fact that he liked his privacy and chose not to get married and keep long term relationships with women did not mean he was sad, lonely or unhappy.

The last scene at his daughter wedding when he approached his ex-wife .... ""For the record...you ruined my life first."..........I didn't see it as a confrontation or gloating just an acknowledgement of the hurt and destruction of their marriage and a reminder he was just reacting to her betrayal in the first place. They could have had a great life if she hadn't started down the path that she did. He didn't start he war he just finished it. If anyone hadn't recovered and moved on it would be the ex-wife.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous