All Comments on 'An Average Descent'

by Jidoka

Sort by:
  • 434 Comments (Page 5)
mfbridgesmfbridges9 months ago

NoBullAI, you took the words right out of my mouth. Not worth the read really.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Depressingly real. 15 years after my parents split up, I still have no proof whether either of them cheated, but the anger, depression and hatefilled sadness that both Michael and Jennifer exhibit here are all too familiar, and one of the major reasons I dont think I will ever be married. Its not worth the pain. So yes, a great, well written story like all your others, but like you tagged, Dark, and all too real.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Awesome! Total obliteration. Well done. Well written too.

jflindersjflinders7 months ago

It is really too bad for us that read LW that JIdoka stopped posting stories here almost a decade ago.

LegacybadLegacybad7 months ago

It was a good story with only losers. Kept waiting for a positive spin but didnt came

Calico75Calico756 months ago

Second reading. I had forgotten that the MC ends up broken and alone. Although I hate that for the character, it is a departure from the majority of LW BTB stories. This is a very good author. I hope he/she is still writing and posting or selling somewhere.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story MC ends up rich and has a good relationship with his children. Ex wife and her workmates are useless losers that deserved the revenge, her barely seeing her kids and parents was icing on the cake.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Pathetic. Unnecessary pain and BTB.

No winners here.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll4 months ago

My God. What a sad and lovely story. Lovely, yes, but more sad than lovely. No winners. One completely destroyed; the other destroyed only emotionally -- though "only" is a cheap word here. Two people who's beginning had such wonderful promise. I know you are 'retired' as a writer, though maybe you still see your comments (a lot of them on this story). I hope you're still writing, somewhere, on some topics.

If you're still reading -- what would a reconciliation version of "An Average Descent" look like? What if he'd actually read her emails, etc., , and had come to understand her entire adulterous history, including all the blackmail? It would be an interesting path to follow. (if you've ever read any of my stories, which you probably haven't, you'll understand that I have a strong bias in favor of reconciliation; it gets me called 'cuck' and 'wuss' and 'pussy' a lot by the Loving Wives mafia)

Bri29Bri294 months ago

Wow just Wow!

ibuguseribuguser4 months ago

I don't like dark stories but this was outstanding.

The recap from the wife was unnecessary, I think.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"The $200,000 check I received was smaller than my other victories, but much more satisfying." - Payoffs are usually to stave off destruction, if they're ruined, they're not likely to give him a thing.

\

"Unfortunately, as time went on our closeness faded." - Why? They were close, I assume he kept his bitterness away from them. Or did he?

\

"She sat alone, in the bride's section of the church, near the back." - As the mother of the bride, she might not get any honors, like sitting in the front row, but near the back?

\

"I felt I was being fair," - How is an unequal split fair?

\

I got the impression from his version that she did have SOME sort of a connection with the children, but not so much in her version.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not sure why you added the wife's part. Was it to make the reader have some compassion perhaps? If so, it didn't work for me. A better ending would have been that they gang banged her one more time after firing her and then she ended up a prostitute in order to earn a living. Good story though.

MsVanilla69MsVanilla693 months ago

A lot of twists and turns written into the story , I had a hard time with the flip flop of the people involved , worked out in the end i guess both of them got what they wanted or deserved , well written

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That was an extremely hard read.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It looks like he get exactly what he deserved. A life time of loneliness.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The best line of the story "God, I hope so."

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Eh, it wasn't despicable, but it wasn't the best. It would have been better to intertwine both their parts so you stick to the time frame instead of giving readers whiplash by a lack of transition into the wife's account of events. It would have also helped in avoiding contradictions. He had earlier said he didn't hate her because that requires more effort than he's willing to put forth. The later he and she talked on his hatred for her. Then of course there's the silly mess ups, like referring to her therapist as a woman, then man, and again a woman all in the same paragraph. I will say you have potential though. You just need to tighten up. Maybe use and editor.

Psychman24Psychman242 months ago

This is one of the most depressing stories I have read here. The hatred, the bitterness, the lack of honesty and communication and the lack of respect and decency first on her part and then on his. Everything and everyone razed to the ground. He wins I guess, but lives a life of empty loneliness and hatred.

JusteenKJusteenK2 months ago

This is the work of a very bitter and inadequate author. A steaming pile of self serving shite.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Yeah you just keep putting on your wifes clothes when she's not using them to go on dates with other guys while you sit at home and knock an author who hasn't posted in 10 yrs when they give you a slice of reality that doesn't fit your sad little pathetic narrative "Justin" or "Justeen" or whatever dumb ass persona you want to present. Get some help

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I was not quite sure what to say about this story. First of all there was no confrontation at the beginning which takes away sympathy and respect the reader might have for the mc. So then we wait until he sudddenly gets some balls and finally the wife repeats what had happened but doesnt really add anything. She had every chance to take revenge on her company and could have made things right with her husband if she really wanted to early on. So i assume your saying she got what she deserved but he lost too, so all in all a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wow! Tradgic to the "nth" degree! Everyone was destroyed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Interesting. No winners in this story. Even the kids, despite their dad doing everything he could to protect them during the marriage debacle couldn't protect them from the psyche he developed from her betrayal. So he lost a close relationship with his kids as well. 5 stars because life isn't fair, it just "is".

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 months ago

I've read this a bunch of times, and think this is almost a masterpiece imho other than him living an unfulfilled love life.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Man! That is one great story. One of the top 20 all time.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 1 month ago

I didn't see it as that dark but I did enjoy the story.

To me, dark would have been physical violence, self harm or the jilted spouse have a very negative divorce/future while the cheater prospered.

only thing about this story was from the wife's POV. could she not go after her company for the blackmail onward? Sure she was seduced willingly, but that shouldn't be a green light to manipulate and violate her they way they did.

James G 5James G 5about 1 month ago

Pretty good portrait of the hell whoring wreaks

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

The story makes me sad because it’s harsh. The writing is better than the score indicates. But both parties failed each other and lived with it. Life isn’t always a great place and people aren’t necessarily rational or kind. But it did hurt to see two normal people essentially ruin their lives.

Helen1899Helen189918 days ago

This is the most life like story on literotica. Harsh, raw, sad, enjoyable never. But the married readers should take heed, they are all only a couple of missteps away from the same fate.

bacchant2bacchant217 days ago

I agree with some of your other comments, this was raw but underlying it was a completely stupid and nieve wife. The reaction of the mc was brilliantly decisive and so refreshing against the indecisive and wimpy men portrayed by too many other writers here. Overall a good read but a sense of sadness for a wife so out of touch with reality.

1959_Darroch1959_Darroch15 days ago

The best author on this site……and he is gone

tjreadertjreader7 days ago

Excellent story! Very well written! Love that we get both sides. You even manage to make the cheater sympathetic! Don't get me wrong she got everything she deserved. But it's sad that if she'd just communicated, asked for help... They'd have been fine.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous