An Irresistible Temptation Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's alright. I would have done the same. I won't need any more ice creams but I want you to keep the money. On one condition though."

"What's that?"

"Don't tell anyone you have seen me. Can you do that? Do we have a deal?"

"Sure... it's a deal."

"Thank you Charlie. Now run along."

I watched as Charlie walked back down the street, in the opposite direction to our intended direction. When he was out of sight, I returned to Monique and said: "We need to cross the road and take the side streets. I will tell you what Charlie said as we walk."

Having bypassed the bungalows, it was mid-morning before we reached the garage. I couldn't see my Camry, but the mechanic was under a car. When I called he came out and joined us, but his eyes were distracted by Monique. I couldn't blame him as she wasn't wearing a bra or her bikini top under her shirt.

In a jovial manner he greeted me: "I told the wife we could take a holiday as I had an abandoned Camry to sell."

"I'm really sorry. Our activities didn't have us return as expected."

"That's alright. It's inside this other door as I locked it up last night for security."

Feeling relieved I said: "That's much appreciated."

Still with a chuckle, he explained: "It wasn't just for your benefit. I have had clients drive off without paying."

"Well what do I owe you?"

"$85 will cover it. You didn't ask for a full inspection, but everything runs pretty well."

"I will need the key so I can pay you."

The mechanic retrieved my key so I could open the trunk. I delved inside my bag and found my wallet. I withdrew five $20 notes and as I had nothing smaller, I told him to keep the change due to the inconvenience. He made no objection.

I quickly retrieved Monique's green folder plus some socks and running shoes. Once I had put on the footwear, I placed the calico bag in the trunk and we both got in. I drove slowly out of the shed and then proceeded carefully out of town on a road heading east.

I looked over at Monique. Instead of being relaxed, she was squinting due to the sunlight. I had some large black rimmed polarized sunglasses in the glovebox. I told her to try them out while I put on my steel rimmed Maui Jim's.

"Do these suit me?" Monique inquired.

"I think you could make Elton John's glasses look sexy. Besides they are large and will conceal half your face."

With a cheeky voice, Monique quipped: "Oh... so you think I look sexy do you?"

"You didn't listen. I suggested the glasses looked sexy." I did smile to let her know I was deliberately teasing.

By now I had plenty of opportunity to think about our next moves. I outlined my plan to Monique. "We need to get out of the county and preferably the state as soon as possible. If we are out of Florida, the local sheriff won't have as much influence. The mechanic didn't say anything and from what Charlie told me they may still think we are dead. Once they realize that my car is not in town, or they talk to Betty or Charlie, they will realize we are alive. They will then be watching all the roads. I am heading east so we can take secondary roads. The police are likely to focus on the highways."

"Should we phone someone for help? Perhaps the police in... another state," Monique suggested.

"Until we are in their state, those police will do nothing as it is not in their jurisdiction. Also we can't use cell phones as they can be tracked. My phone is turned off and is in the trunk."

As we had some sort of plan, we settled quietly for a while. Then Nicole broke the silence. "Owen... this is the first real opportunity for us to talk and I want to start by thanking you. Right from when we first met in the dive shop, you have known what to do. Most importantly you have been a tower of strength. I probably would have given up yesterday if not for you. I am indebted to you, but feel guilty that I also put your life in danger. In spite of the guilt, I know it was my salvation."

"Monique, I am sure you are worth saving, but please don't put me in this situation again if you can avoid it."

"Don't worry. I am having second thoughts about the wisdom of undertaking investigative journalism," she replied reflectively.

"Do you think it is about time you explained what you have been up to and why this happened?"

"I have been trying to conduct a clandestine investigation. It all started from a whistle blower who calls herself Wendy. She came to my editor and first raised the allegation that Congressman Walt Affleck had illegally transferred $10.5 million of Federal grant funding through a local environmental group for his personal use. She provided some details, but refused to come forward officially until we provided corroborating evidence.

"Is that because she was worried about being hung out to dry if there is not a foolproof case?" I enquired.

"Yes, something like that. Anyway, my boss sent me down here to see if I could verify any of her story. Actually I think I have been pretty successful; however I obviously wasn't as discreet as I thought I was being."

"What did you discover?"

"Firstly, I was able to confirm that a check issued from the Florida Environment Coalition account of the Tampa Regional Bank for $10.5 million was used for the purchase of 115 acres of pristine Gulf coastline."

"What is wrong with that?"

"The ownership entered into the land register was for the Siesta Trust and not the Florida Environment Coalition. Siesta Trust is the family trust for the Affleck family."

"How did you get this information?"

"It is amazing what a little flirting will get you," she guiltily confessed.

"Sadly I have little experience."

"Wendy had identified the land, so when I went to see the register the young man was awfully willing to help me. I pretended that I represented a neighboring property that wanted to improve the fencing. Fortunately his boss called him out for a few minutes for an urgent task and I was able to use my phone to photograph the register and their copy of the bank check. It also included the address for the Siesta Trust, which is Congressman Affleck's home. The check had the account number for the Florida Environment Coalition but not its name."

"How did you know it was their check then?"

"I simply went to a small branch of the Tampa Regional Bank and said I wanted to make a donation for their work. I asked if they could confirm I had the correct bank account details. The lady was very helpful to confirm the number, but it cost me $50 to complete the donation. I did ask her to write the details down so that next time I wouldn't make a mistake. She was very nice, so she wrote down the account name and number on a receipt below the bank's letterhead."

"Are you sure the Siesta Trust is not another charity?"

"All members of Congress are required to publicly declare all their pecuniary interests. This Trust is listed on Affleck's declaration as his family trust."

"The next piece of information came about because Frank Meadows, my boss, provided me with letters of introduction from some northern property developers that he knows. The letters explained that I was their representative assessing architectural firms with experience of planning resorts and group housing projects. I visited Silverson Development Group and they were very hospitable. They took me to a couple of small developments. While I said they were very good, I was not convinced they could manage a project of the size we had envisaged. This prompted them to show me some detailed plans they had developed for an all-inclusive holiday resort."

"Did they say who had commissioned the plan?"

"No they were being very cagey about details; however, I was able to sneak another series of photos that clearly distinguishes the relevant coastline. This is the same property."

"Where does Hank feature in all this?"

"It is Hank Affleck, by the way. I was trying to pump him for information. He is apparently notorious for not wanting to talk, but I thought if I caught him in his own environment he may become chatty. The Silverson Development Group said that scuba diving was to be a major attraction for the resort. I was just assuming it would involve him. On the boat, I told him how marvelous this part of the coast was for diving and then asked whether he had any future expansion plans."

"Was he any help?"

"He said nothing. In hindsight, I think he must have already known who I was and what I was trying to do. Why else would he have deserted us?"

"So I assume all your evidence is in that green folder."

"I have the bank receipt and a flash drive; plus my wallet and letters of introduction."

"What did you leave in the Bungalow?

"Well everything. My clothing, computer and cell phone; however I didn't store relevant documents and photographs on them once they were put on the flash drive. I made sure to delete temporary files in my computer and photos from my cell phone. This included the recycle bin. I sent emails to my boss with copies of files, but that was through a web based account. I am pretty sure my name isn't even on any clothing."

"Somewhere you must have alerted them. Perhaps you should have used different names at each location."

"You're probably right. There goes my career as a spy. I had to use Monique Fontaine as it was on my letters of introduction. Oh... I haven't told you... that is not my real name."

Turning to her with a quizzical look I said: "Really?"

At least I had the satisfaction that she looked embarrassed: "My name is really Nicole Slater." I made no comment, so by way of explanation she continued: "Frank had the name put on the letters and then suggested that I use it so that I wouldn't be traced back to the newspaper."

"Well it may work, but they will now know who I am and where I live."

"Of course!... Owen, I am so sorry."

We drove on in silence for several minutes, then she said: "I liked being Monique. Nicole sounds so plain."

After more silence, I realized she was a little depressed, so I commented: "I like Nicole actually. It sounds feminine. It is sensible without being common. Just like you."

Nicole did not reply, but I could tell she kept watching me as I remained focused on the road.

I had no map for the area, however when I found a significant road heading north, I made the turn.

As a break, I turned on the radio to find some news. I was still tuned to the local station 105.9 WFKT which soon had their midday news. Their first item was:

"The Coastguard this morning dispatched a cutter supported by a helicopter to join the local fleet that has been searching for a missing couple that failed to surface from a scuba dive yesterday. Locals are requested to keep an eye out for any equipment that may have been washed ashore between Cape...."

"Do you think that is us?" Monique exclaimed.

"It could be. Well if they still think we have drowned, it gives us a head start."

We soon arrived at a town that had a Walmart. Monique... No... Nicole asked: "Could we stop and buy a few essentials. I have no underwear and I would love to be able to clean my teeth tonight."

I pulled into the carpark and drove about. I could see Nicole wondering what I was doing. "I am looking for another white Camry," I explained. "I need some new license plates."

I am sure that white Camrys are one of the most commonly seen cars on the road, except when you are looking for one. Unsuccessful with my search, I parked the car and asked: "Do you have enough cash? Remember police can track credit cards." I handed Nicole $40 just in case she needed it. "Keep your sunglasses on and wear this baseball cap. They will have cameras in the store. It's just a precaution in case they have released our photographs."

Wondering about what I could do while waiting, I enquired: How long will you need?"

"No more than half an hour."

"Use a toilet in there and when you get back I will have some Taco Bell. What would you like?"

"What is easiest to eat in the car? How about a grilled burrito with chips and a 7up."

I nodded in response and handed her a shopping bag. As she walked to the store I thought she looked so gorgeous. I was sure she could make her oversized pants a new fashion statement.

I drove through the Taco Bell drive-thru to buy the burritos well before her return. On time, a happy Nicole was carrying a full bag of gear. She said: "Besides some underwear, I picked up a new shirt, nicer shorts and some toiletries."

We were soon heading north, but all roads seemed to be going to Orlando. Again we tuned into the hourly news of a new radio station. I was momentarily stunned when I heard:

"We have a new development in yesterday's loss of divers off the Gulf Coast. Police are asking for any information relating to an Owen Chandler thought to be driving a white Toyota Camry with Virginia license plate YGM3838. The public is requested not to approach the person of interest. Just report his location. In other news...."

"Well!" I pondered.

Nicole then asked: "Why would they mention you and not myself?"

"It could be because my belongings were not in the Bungalow and they couldn't find my car. It could be because the mechanic mentioned I was alive. Or, they could still believe we are both alive and they know my detention will also lead to finding you."

"We should get out of Florida. What else can we do?"

After more thought I explained: "I was worried that something like this might happen. We need to borrow... or steal, some plates from another white Camry."

"Does it have to be a Camry?"

"Police at all levels have an automatic license plate recognition capability. In real time, they can match plate numbers against a database that tells them the owner and car details. If we put on plates from a red car or a Ford, they will immediately pull us over as it would not be a correct match in the database. As soon as we drive up I95 there are several fixed cameras specifically designed for this task."

"So that is why you were looking for a white Camry at Walmart."

"I have an idea. We will have to risk it by driving on Interstate 4 into Orlando." With a chuckle to myself I playfully said: "I have always wanted to return to the Epcot Center."

Fortunately all roads north gave directions to the I4. I knew that the Interstate would have signage to direct motorist to Epcot, but I hadn't expected it to be so easy. I sighted Epcot before we had to exit. The road looped us around and I soon found we were coming to a large parking toll plaza. It wasn't quite what I had expected, but I handed over my $25 for an all-day parking ticket.

Being late spring there were plenty of tourists and the huge carpark was three quarters full; however now being early afternoon there were few cars entering the car park. I was able to slowly drive down some of the rows in the middle. I was looking for a space created by an early departure. I had Nicole also looking for white Camrys. I couldn't believe my luck when we found a space with a white Camry three cars away.

I parked and we sat for a moment just scanning in all directions. I had a few tools in the trunk, so I selected a screwdriver plus a small adjustable wrench and put them in a shopping bag. Nicole stood casually as if she was waiting for someone, but was acting as my lookout. I was relieved to find that the target vehicle's plates were attached by nylon nuts and bolts.

The car was registered in Florida, so I sat down and removed the rear license plate and also the front plate that was showed a patriotic symbol. All the time I was keeping my profile low. With both plates in the shopping bag, I returned to my car to make the change. Once completed, I secured my own plates in the trunk.

When I looked back at the other Camry, I noticed how the absent plates appeared obvious. I realized there was a good chance the owner would notice. It wouldn't be too hard for the police to appreciate what had happened and change their search to the new number. If I could delay the owner from noticing the theft, it would give us a better head start. I then understood that I had to replace the plates with those from another vehicle.

Another white Camry would be perfect, but I didn't want the risk of being noticed searching about the carpark. I decided it would probably be good enough just to give him another set of Florida plates. My new target had to be far enough away from our location so its owner didn't see his plates on the other Camry. I went to a row closer to the entrance, however it was another ten cars further on before I found suitable plates without tamper proof screws. It was a blue Ford hatchback, also with Florida plates.

With the second theft and replacement complete, we were eager to depart the scene.

With the new license plates, I felt we could risk it by staying on the Interstate. We drove through Orlando but I needed fuel. I was feeling more confident, so when I sighted a convenient gas station, I pulled off the highway.

It was a large gas station with eight sets of pumps. After pulling into the furthest pump from the shop, I handed my wallet to Nicole and said: "You will have to give them some cash to cover the purchase before they will turn on the pump. Put on your hat again. I have a floppy hat I can wear also. Try not to look directly at any cameras."

I filled my tank and waited for Nicole. She promptly returned with two more sodas and a selection of candy. As I drove out to rejoin the Interstate, she said: "Somehow it felt like we were Bonnie and Clyde doing a raid and then making our escape."

My response was: "You have quite an imagination. I think you must be a romantic. Don't think I didn't notice the similarity between Ramiro and Julie Montague and Romeo and Juliet Montague. Perhaps you should be a fiction writer."

"Am I that obvious? Actually, you are right. I could think of nothing better that being a story writer, however I haven't been able to come up with anything exciting enough."

Feeling I had the solution, I offered: "I have an idea for a story. It's about a couple going scuba diving."

"The story has to have a happy ending and remember I am a romantic." I wondered if this statement had a subtle deeper meaning. When Nicole then placed her hand on my thigh, I don't think I had ever felt this happy. She left her hand resting there as we continued.

Nicole's little display of intimacy certainly played on my mind... and my body. A couple of times I needed to adjust my seating position due to my hard erection. Of course I also needed to pee, so I started desperately looking for a rest stop.

Just after we joined I95, a warning sign indicate the proximity of a rest stop. I didn't hesitate to exit the highway. We both availed ourselves of the conveniences and were soon back on I95 heading north.

We hadn't been travelling long when I was alarmed by what I saw in the rear vision mirror: "Don't turn around. We have a black sedan with a police light bar on the roof sitting behind us."

I had of course been keeping under the speed limit in the left hand lane. Consequently most vehicles including semis were just overtaking us. I assumed the sedan must be a Florida Highway Patrol Vehicle as it just sat there less than 100 yards behind us.

It was a tense few minutes, but thankfully the car pulled out and overtook us. 'State Trooper' was clearly written in tan writing on the black sides of the sedan.

My relief was shared by Nicole who said: "I am glad that is over. Your idea of changing plates has saved us again."

By the time we crossed the border into Georgia, it was getting dark. My tiredness was not helped by Nicole's attempt at concealing her yawns. We agreed to look for a hotel at Richmond Hill.

I went for a mid-range comfortable hotel and wanting to avoid attention, I pulled into a carpark away from the entrance. Pulling out my wallet I said: "I have enough cash for the room, but they may ask for more as security."