An Unexpected Distraction Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Steven, my love. I've come to know you well these past 7 months. You do what you have to do. If you like, I will bring you lunch and dinner on my days off. We can be together while you work," she offered.

"Theresa! That's wonderful. I would love for you to be with me."


Chapter 257

"Steven, I'm impressed. You turned a nine-month project, into an eight-month project, and saved the company $713,000.00. Congratulations to you, Tiffany, and David."

"Thank you, Mr. Kyle. I must give a lot of credit to Tiffany and David. They both came up with some very creative ideas to push this project to completion. I would appreciate it if you were to personally thank them," Steven replied.

"Steven... Stop the bullshit. I know you worked your ass off. Tiffany told me so. David, too. I did thank them. What you don't know is, I spoke to each of them personally to find out about you. They each want to work with you again. They each ran out of great words to describe you. I'm giving you total credit for this project, because you led them to their successes. Now, I understand you also had time to become engaged. Congratulations... Is Theresa here with you today for the opening? I would like to congratulate her, too," Mr. Kyle asked.

"Yes, Sir. She would love to speak with you. She is right over here with Tiffany," Steven replied.

"Theresa... Congratulations on your engagement to Steven. As pretty as you are, I was concerned you would be too much of a distraction for him to finish this project on time," Mr. Kyle yelped.

"Thank you, Mr. Kyle. I hardly saw Steven all of March. The only time I saw him was when I brought him lunch and dinner on my days off," Theresa said.

"Terrific, I would love to have lunch brought to me by a beautiful woman. OK, Steven, after we transfer the property to the bank today, I have leased an office for you here. In this building. You will be here until the end of July as we agreed last year."


Chapter 258

"I saw those young bankers flirting with you today."

"And, I saw that red head vice president trying to brush her tits against you, too," Theresa replied. "I'm impressed with you. I heard you tell her you were engaged, but, you appreciated the 'offer.' That's a first! Besides, I flashed this beautiful engagement ring, my fiancé gave me, to those young bankers and they behaved themselves."

"I love you, Theresa Quinn. My Beautiful Distraction. I was proud when you were by my side today during the transfer ceremony," Steven said.

"Thank you. But I only came for the food!" she chuckled. "Tiffany told me today, she's going to miss you. She looked forward to working with you each day she was here."

"I'm going to miss her, too," Steven sighed. "She's going to be a great manager someday. I spoke with Charles on the phone this morning and asked him to consider her for the lead on some projects."

"I have no plans tonight. Do you want to come over and... Cuddle?" she said, with a sultry tone.

"YES!"


Chapter 259

"Steven, I'm glad you're back. I've missed you here."

"Thank you, Charles. It's nice to be back. I've missed this place. The people." Steven replied.

"Follow me. We have a meeting with Mr. Kyle."

*****

"Close the door, Steven. Have a seat, gentlemen. We have the final numbers in on the Houston bank project. Impressive. Subtracting out the warranty work we had to do, it still finished well into the black. The profit on this project was well above the projection. Here are the figures," Mr. Kyle said, while handing a summary page to Steven.

"Twelve percent above projection," Steven said.

"Yes... More than we expected when we sent you to Houston," Mr. Kyle barked. "Also, you have won enough work for the firm in Houston, Charles, and his group, will be busy for the next 4 years."

Mr. Kyle paused.

"I have a letter here from Mr. Campbell to you. We are promoting you to Managing Engineer, effective, next Monday. You will be given a staff of 12-15 engineers. Private office. Your group will be overseeing projects in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. You, and your group, will also be supporting Bob McCutcheon on the Striker Building. Congratulations."

"Thank you, Mr. Kyle. I'm flattered you have confidence in me," Steven beamed.

"You earned it."


Chapter 260

"What is it, Theresa?'

"It's a message from Steven. He wants to see me tonight. He says he has good news," Theresa sighed. "We just returned from Houston, Momma. I hope we don't leave again. I've missed you and Daddy."

"We've missed you, too. Everyone at Big Mike's has missed you. Did he say when he would be here? Will he stay for dinner?" Momma asked.

"He better stay for dinner," she barked, with a giggle.

"Theresa... You don't look well. Is the headache back from last night?" Ms. Quinn asked.

"Yes, I took some ibuprofen an hour ago, but, it's still throbbing," she sighed again.

"Go lay down on your bed, Sweetie. I'll bring you a cool towel to lay across your head."


Chapter 261

"Are you leaving again?"

Steven smiled and shook his head. He had just knocked on the door of the Quinn home and Theresa answered the door.

"No, I'm not leaving," he replied, with a chuckle.

"Good... Then get in here and kiss me like you haven't seen me in a year!" she yelped.

Steven crossed the threshold and took Theresa in his arms. "I love you."

"I love you, too. Kiss me. Now!"

He took her face in both hands and kissed her. She squeezed him around the chest while returning his kiss.

"It smells good," he remarked.

"You're invited to dinner. Momma's orders," she giggled. "You have good news." She tilted her head for a response.

"Yes... For both of us. Would you like to hear it?" he asked.

"Yes! Tell me now and stop teasing me!" she chirped.

"I've been promoted to Managing Engineer. I start Monday," he reported.

"Steven! Are you serious? You're at the same level as Charles?" she asked.

"Yes."

"And, you don't have to leave?" she asked with hope.

"No, but I will travel some though, but, for only short times," he replied.

"So... You will be in Kansas City most of the time? With me?" she yelped.

"Yes," he grinned.

"That's great! I love you."

Chapter 262

"I love it here, Theresa. I love Joe. His family. The work is rewarding."

"Katie, you're a farm girl. You sound happy," Theresa chirped.

"Yes, I am happy. Joe is so handsome and kind. When we're together, it's all about me. I'm spoiled. And, Mrs. Bonds sends me to Lubbock as often as she can to get groceries and supplies. When I go, I stop and see Joe for a few hours, before I return. Joe graduates next May," Katie said.

"Are you working?" she offered.

"Yes, I'm working. The wheat harvest is over and I just finished that. I drove a tractor pulling a grain cart. I carried the wheat from the combine to the grain truck, which took it to the grain elevator. I work part time at the grain elevator. That's where farmers store their wheat until they sell it. It will be busy this fall, because the corn and cotton harvest will be happening."

"You sound like you're busy, Katie. You sound happy," Theresa said.

"I am happy, Theresa. Everyone is so nice to me here. What about you? Momma says you have been having headaches. Are you OK?" Katie asked with concern.

"Yes... Sometimes... Occasionally they hurt really bad," Theresa replied.

"Theresa... Does Steven know? The headaches," Katie asked.

"No... Not yet... But I'm going to tell him, soon. I promise," Theresa sighed.

"Tell Steven to take you to the doctor. Please."


Chapter 263

"Steven... It's Michael... It's about Theresa. She's in the hospital, and, she's asked for you. Pleading for you."

Steven was at work.

"What? Why?" he asked, in panic.

"She had a seizure at Momma and Daddy's house. She vomited before the seizure. Come quickly, Steven. She's begging for you."


12