An Unexpected Romance Ch. 132-140

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No! I'm going with you," Angela demanded, with determination in her tone. "Larissa, too. If you care for her, I care for her. Susan was part of your life, James. That makes her part of my life. I won't let you do this alone."

James was about to plead for her to go home, but she glared at him, signaling to don't try.

"Angela..."

He paused.

"I'm told she overdosed and she looks awful. Hardly any weight on her at all. Please... Don't come."

"I'm going! I will be there to hold your hand. And to hug your neck. I will not go home, knowing you had to do this alone."

Chapter 137

"Here are the list of names you asked for."

"Thank you, Dr. Warren," James replied, as he took the note.

"What names?" Angela asked.

"The names of the children I'm going to visit before I leave today. I can meet you at the Turner home later," he offered.

"No, I'm going with you. Why are you trying to push me away? First with Susan, and now this?" she said, a little perturbed.

James paused to measure his words again with Angela. He glanced at Cynthia for reassurance.

"Where I am going, you may not go," he began. "You are carrying our baby. Where I am going, you may contract something that could hurt you or our baby. Today, you are not going with me. I will bring you with me the next time I'm here. You won't have to ask or insist the next time, I promise."

Angela's tone changed immediately. She cuddled up against him with Larissa in her arms. He held her and Larissa in return.

"I'm sorry," she offered sincerely. "I thought you were keeping me from seeing something you didn't want me to see."

"I won't do that to you, Angela. I may ask or insist, but, I won't push you away. I love you."

"I love you, too. I'm sorry."

Chapter 138

"Mr. Young. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"Thank you, Mr. Hepburn. I think everything went well. You'll call me when the memorial stone is set in place."

"Absolutely. I'll send a photograph to your email. You're a good man to do this for Susan, Mr. Young. I knew Susan and I know her parents and siblings. Sad. Very sad. Thank you for letting me and my staff be a part of your kindness. Would you like for me to notify her family of her death?"

"Not yet, please. Only after the memorial stone is set. And, they are not to know I was involved. We signed an agreement."

"Yes, Sir. Mrs. Young, I admire your courage to be here today. And you have a beautiful family."

"Thank you, Mr. Hepburn. Everything was perfect today. And thank you for helping Susan and James."

Chapter 139

"I like it. I'm ready to buy it."

"I like it, too," Angela offered. "It's pricey, don't you think?"

"Yeah, I do," James offered, with a sigh. "Roger is just trying to get the most from his parent's property. I'll talk to the agent and discuss price. Tell me not to buy it, and I won't."

Angela was unsure while standing in the Pendergrass home with Larissa in her arms. She loved the Pendergrass house, pastures, the creek, and the post oaks and live oaks. The cattle pens and chutes were in great condition. An ideal place to raise a family. But, she felt it was too much on the asking price. But, she also couldn't keep her mind from removing an interior wall to enlarge the kitchen and family room. It would be perfect for the large family they were planning.

"I want it, James. What do you think, Larissa?"

"Dah!"

"Is that a yes?" James mused.

Chapter 140

James came through the back door from a long day of riding with David on the Tocci pasture. He had unloaded and stabled Youngster. He was hot, sweating, and stinky. It was hot for late November in south central Texas. They had just moved into the Pendergrass house, but... it was the Young Ranch now.

Angela had supper ready and Larissa had been fed. James smelled supper when he came in.

"I love you," he yelped. "That smells so good."

"Thank you. Larissa helped me," she giggled.

"Really? Larissa, I didn't know you're a cook. And, you're looking at me with those eyes, again," he quipped.

"Those eyes are just like her mother's," he groaned, in his thoughts.

"Dah, geh," Larissa chirped.

"I think so," he chuckled. "I'm taking a shower."

"Hurry!" she yelped, as he left the kitchen. "I have something to show you!"

*****

"I think I can eat it all," he announced, when he returned from taking a shower. "No leftovers, tonight. It smells too good."

Angela waited until he had finished one plate and filled the second with spaghetti.

"I went to the doctor for a checkup today," she offered.

"Yeah?" he asked, as he gobbled and fork full.

"They did a sonogram. Here's a picture of the baby," Angela offered, as she pushed a photo across the table.

James picked it up and looked at it. He turned his head trying to see something he might recognize.

"Am I looking at this right side up?" he offered, with a faux curiosity tone.

Angela giggled. "Yes, you are. The blue edge is on top. Do you see the arms, legs and head?"

"Yeah... Right here, here, and here. Doesn't look like me or you, though," he quipped.

Angela shook her head over her husband's bad case of smart ass.

"What about this one?" she offered, while pushing another photo across the table.

James did notice this photo had a red edge on it. He smiled a smirk and said, "I think this one does look like me. See right here? He's holding a baseball."

Angela laughed pretty hard at that smart ass remark.

"Larissa, your Daddy thinks he's pretty cute, tonight. It must be the spaghetti we made for him."

James smiled as he gobbled down another mouthful of spaghetti.

"James, the photos I gave you have different colors on the edge."

"Yeah, I noticed that. Why?" he asked, as he loaded his mouth with spaghetti.

Angela giggled and offered, "One is the blue baby and the other is the red baby."

James tilted his head and furled his brow without stopping his chewing. A few moments passed before the light went on. Angela nearly couldn't hold it back.

He stopped chewing and looked at Angela with a confused look on his face. Angela nearly burst out laughing.

"I wish I had a camera right now!" she yelped.

"Twins?"

She nodded.

12