All Comments on 'Ancient History'

by Corny1974

Sort by:
  • 200 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderover 1 year ago

Very good story. Keep writing for your own pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Keep at it. Some of us like how your characters have a more realistic and practical reaction to the insult of a cheating spouse. People who cheat do not deserve to live a happy life after causing so much pain, suffering, and chaos in the lives of others. -- 5☆

sem999sem999over 1 year ago

You are great writer and I wish you keep on writing,if some of commens bother you swich them off.5 stars

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

Very good story. 5⭐.

Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have not read your story, I will in a moment I promise. but your words at the beginning about comments disturb me.

I am a published author, not in this genre though I have 8 books published and they are all doing well and provide me with a modest income. I am pleased, my publisher is pleased. I have reviews.

Some are good, some are bad. Guess what?

None really matter.

Write because you must.

Write for you and only you.

As you say it is impossible to please everyone, so please yourself.

You are a good writer.

Give yourself the chance to get even better.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

Very good. I hope you reconsider your decision to stop writing. My only slight criticism of this story is that I would like to have heard something from Mim after the divorce. Did she ever understand what she had done was unacceptable? Especially after her behaviour during menopause. Well written and well done.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

Nicely done, sir. Trevor's a class act. Top marks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m sorry that you are considering no longer submitting stories. I have enjoyed your work and appreciate your sharing. Please don’t let the bastards get you down!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Usually i read the stories for the sex, but I love it when there is a well crafted revenge instead. Thank you.

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 1 year ago

Don’t stop writing. It’s written very well, with only a minor grammatical error I noticed. Nothing major like many stories here. The story itself is good.

There are many detractors here that, of course, don’t write anything themselves. Just ignore them.

5* from me.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

very good story

i like it

thanks Corny1974

/

hey if ur that sensitive disable comments and ratings

like the writer PAPATOAD does

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyover 1 year ago

A very good tale. I hope you receive enough encouragement to continue to write. There are never enough good authors to keep me busy reading...

5stars Thanks!!!

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 1 year ago

Good read.

Don't give up writing. You tell a good yarn.

Keep it up... pardon the pun.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

Nice feisty story.

NoTalentHackNoTalentHackover 1 year ago

I’m sorry that you don’t plan to write anymore. This was a really good slice of life realistic story, the kind I love to read.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

I liked it, good enough to give 5/5

Please keep writing

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 1 year ago

A really fun story about something that shouldn’t really be funny. Well done, 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars. Great story, as an old geezer myself I can appreciate how he felt. Sorry to hear about your medical problems and sorry you're not going to write anymore. I wish you well.

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoodsover 1 year ago

5 stars, very well written story, as were your previous ones. I do hope this isn't your last one, you can't please all the people, and the LW crowd are a very mixed bunch, so don't let the few outliers discourage you.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Wonderful story! I hope you post more.

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An interesting story about the evils of ,marriage; and yet one can still find happiness.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I won't insult you by presuming to understand what you are going through with your recovery. I am sorry that you won't be able to return to your career. I can't imagine how that feels... assuming you loved your work. I have seen a lot of stroke patients over the last 20 years but I usually only ever see them at their worst (er nurse) I hope you keep writing.

longicelongiceover 1 year ago

why quit just because you can't please all. A shame some can take away from the rest of us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cracking yarn. Would be a shame if you stopped now. You improve with each story. Like most hobbies, do it for as long as it gives you pleasure knowing that for a lot of us put there it’s a pleasure to read.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

So, they were married for 32 years, and he didn't know she was a selfish bitch? Odd. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well it’s up to you if you continue writing, but for what it’s worth I’ve enjoyed all your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story although I would have liked a little more revenge for example letting the school management know that a teacher has been in a sexual relationship with a pupil. I liked your comment regarding reader's criticism however, don't let the sad people who only know how to make negative comments get you down. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m not sure that younger folks would fully appreciate your story, but it was very moving for me. Your writing was first rate and the plot was tight, if not entirely original. I can appreciate how easy it might be to walk away from contributing to this site, but hope that the urge to tell a tale strikes you on occasion. Every day is a gift…use it well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please DO NOT STOP WRITING. Your stories are so well crafted. you MCs are logical and their conversations and thoughts are well thought out and presented. thank you

pax903pax903over 1 year ago

Please continue to write your storys, they are a good read. Dont worry about what others think, do it for yourself and enjoyment

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent! A thoroughly enjoyable read with the classical LW ingredients; a wronged husband and a selfish, delusional wife who gets sent packing in the most appropriate way. 5 stars!

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerover 1 year ago

First class story Corny, Really enjoyed the read.

I also hope that you keep writing, I know there are woolyheads here who can berate the best of stories but you write very well and I've just added myself to your followers.

Utterly believable well written story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not every husband or Author in the British Isles is cuck! I like in the story, The hapy exhusband is civil with the young lothario. I wrote similar thing in one of my stories, the exhusband thanks the lover boy to free him from the cheating wife when the exhusband is happy with the second woman!

5*****

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Good one! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

skiaddictskiaddictover 1 year ago

Thank you for a wonderful story and I beg you to please reconsider ending your contributions. I will never understand the negative comments from folks who could not be bothered to write the punch line for a birthday card. Our community needs your work.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

Very good story. I think you should keep writing, it’s about what you want to do — not about the criticism.

FljimFljimover 1 year ago
Really good

I hope you keep writing and posting. I enjoyed this story and will read your others. Thank you and please just ignore the stupid.

Lector77Lector77over 1 year ago

This is excellent work. The plot is interesting, the characters surprisingly well defined in few words.

I look forward to reading more from you if the inept don't drive you away.

Thanks.

L77

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 1 year ago

A good, well told story.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Not equating her medical issue to his medical issue honestly is about par for the course for a lot of women. Even ones who actually love their husbands.

Not having the decency to be ashamed or apologize for cheating in their house and allowing the guy to invade his lan cave sanctuary is where Mim becomes a super bitch.

At least he had his big sister willing to look out for his best interests.

Short, simple, well told story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. It shows what happens when one partner can only focus on their own needs.

AardieAardieover 1 year ago

Ignore the haters. If you’re getting over 4 stars in this category right out of the gate, then you’re doing pretty well.

This story flowed well. I liked your take on the ED affair mixed with eavesdropping in the bathroom with the hospitalization mixed in to provide the slow reveal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, please don't let the "Nay Sayers" discourage you. It's an armature site for a reason. Not everybody is Sephan King or Tom Clancey. I enjoy reading your works.

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenover 1 year ago

Thank you for another entertaining story. Please don't let negative trolls prevent you from sharing and crafting (and submitting) more of your gift. Happy New Year!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent

ReddladyReddladyover 1 year ago

Oh please consider continuing your stories. There are so many of us that enjoy them. Well done short story.

kelchakelchaover 1 year ago

A nice story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please don't stop writing some of us do not care about grammer I really like the story

CDRLawCDRLawover 1 year ago

Same old stuff but nicely told.

MwestohioMwestohioover 1 year ago

I enjoy your bon mots at the end of your stories

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 1 year ago

Well reasoned and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good! A well worn trope, of course….but your take on it ….and execution….was solid.

.

If I had one big nit, it would have been the lack of more post divorce interaction with Mim….just to exacerbate her pain! Maybe you could have had her stay in town, so that she ran into Trevor more frequently 🤗

.

Please gift us with a few more stories before you stop.

.

4 strong ****s

ttt59ttt59over 1 year ago

Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. There is in life more than sex. Cheating has consequences and somebody always suffers and something always changes in the relationship. Please, do not stop writing, if it gives you pleasure and fulfillment. Do as some authors and block the comments. Our world is full of critics that don't create or build anything, but are always found of tearing down somebody elses' efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Keep writing, you have a gift. Ignore the complainers because they aren't contributing anything and probably never have.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved this story. The selfish pretentious cheater and the moral husband are a good contrasting back drop. My heroism is the sister. I know if something happened to me or sis having each others back would be a no brained.,.,Also loved your intro.. you should use your matter of fact story telling to create another. Thanks for sharing.

Bh76Bh76over 1 year ago

Don’t give up writing because of the trolls who are never happy. We all have someone in our real lives who complains about everything and is generally miserable. Imagine that person in private hiding behind a user name or as an anonymous poster. How much would they complain in private, knowing there is no repercussion? Write for your enjoyment, not the reader’s. These are free stories my friend. No one loses anything tangible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Stroke

I am a stroke survivor this story hits close to home. I had a TIA but either one robs you like.a thief without a weapon. This story is good.keep writing The one that stayed for me was my oldest daughter

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

See, this is what I call a Complete story. Call me lazy, but I like it when the ending wraps up everything so nicely. Don't have to wonder about this, or that. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why do authors let the commentators bother them. Read them, if a comment is not helpful just ignore it. Do not get it.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

I'm sorry to hear your writing on the site may be coming to an end. You have inciteful plots that pertain to an old guy like me and the troubles we face as we mature. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Don't stop writing.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Excellent story! Coming full circle with Ben is a nice twist. Forgiveness really does lead to a happier life, but it's hard to forgive someone like Mim who never feels regret.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"I'm so sorry you had to hear that." - But not sorry that she did it?

\

"Our paths crossed surprisingly rarely." - I would say unsurprisingly rarely, since they live on opposite ends of town.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 1 year ago

Shame if you quit writing. As long it's enjoyable to you -- just delete the anony a-hole comments and don't give them a second thought if it's BS ... Your stuff is good, not perfect but then no one's is. I enjoyed all 3 of your stories and LW is a tough crowd. Hope to see more in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hope your recovery goes well! Please write more - your stories have all been quite enjoyable.

imhaplessimhaplessover 1 year ago

Cute and original; 5*

timrivtimrivover 1 year ago

Good story, but think it would be a bit much not to deck the kid for cuckolding him. Forgiving the kid but not the wife is not right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don't stop writing I enjoy your work if you do the assholes win.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoy reading your stories. Sorry for the abuse you take from some of the more ignorant readers on this site. I never figured out why they feel the need to attack an author. If I don’t enjoy a story I will usually stop reading. It’s stupid to attack a writer on what he has chosen to share. I do think advice on the technical parts can be helpful though

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great read. Keep on writing, youve got talent Ignore the haters. The mob is fickle on the best of days. Write for yourself. I look foward to your next submission.

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Good story, I hope you keep writing.

DontPanic442DontPanic442over 1 year ago

For the record, I greatly enjoy your writing. It’s sad that you will stop contributing because misguided readers attacks. My dear deceased mother taught me that when you don’t like something (including amateur stories) it’s best to say nothing and move on.

Thank you for the great story.

BillandKateBillandKateover 1 year ago

It's a shame if you stop writing and posting here, you're really quite talented. We went through the same angst years ago when the comments got nasty. This 5-star story had the right amount of retribution and your last sentence was tops - made my morning with its humor. Thanks.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

I liked it. I know a little about the micro-stroke I had. After falling asleep in my lounge chair, I woke up with the Television sounding very strange. I realized the reason was I had no hearing in my right ear and the left sounded like I was hearing voices and sounds like I was in a tunnel. I was first sent to an Ear Nose and Throat Specialist who ordered an MRI. The doctor told me there was nothing wrong with my ears, but he thought I had a micro-stroke but with little explanation as to how or why. By the time they did the MRI there was no sign of a clot or bleeding and after a couple weeks most of my hearing had returned. Strange how the brain will create new connections and rewire itself if the damage isn't too severe.

Don't stop writing because of what people comment. You may not have a story right now but sometimes a story can grow from a single thought. Don't retire the pen just yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hope you will continue to write. You have a nice touch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the last line!

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this one my first reading of your work. I’ll look into your other two next.

I can certainly understand your pulling back from submitting your stories. Some of the readers in the LW section are not housebroken. It is sort of funny. All you do is submit your hard work, for free, that they read, for free. In return you get personal attacks.

I recommend continuing to write and just keep the naughty ones to your self and submit your others to writing clubs or even magazines

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Well told and hope you do keep telling more tales.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good job, mate.

ibuguseribuguserover 1 year ago

Brilliant. A nice and well told story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

good story well written. I hope you continue to write more and look forward to reading many more

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ah yes, what comes around, comes around, as we old Western boys used to say.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

Thank you, I have really enjoyed your stories. It's nice to read some English language as opposed to US English written tales occasionally and well written they are too. I hope you do find some more stories to entertain us with.

RandallQRandallQover 1 year ago

Well done. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Please reconsider leaving the site. Your contributions are truly appreciated and valued.

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Good story. I hope you don’t stop writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please don’t stop writing and posting. You write very and “If Only” was particularly different from anything I’ve read here.

Rocky62Rocky62over 1 year ago

What an older sister, everyone should have one like that

Ridiculous69Ridiculous69over 1 year ago

Bravo. Tough issue for men to deal with and without an actual Loving Wife, not a selfish slut, things could go wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

thoroughly enjoyed the story don't stop writing you have a talent

I,m sure i,ve seen that set of steps you mentioned when i have been on holiday in a certain north yorkshire seaside town

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajunover 1 year ago

Great tale. I loved how you tied it into your first story. Characters were realistic and likable. Please keep writing. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Keep writing please.

Passing_Quietly_ThroughPassing_Quietly_Throughover 1 year ago

Very well thought out and a realistic and believable storyline. Please consider the fact that you upset the "trolls" to mean that you are truly getting your audience involved with your story, be it good or bad. Please continue writing as you are able. I understand your medical "issues" from my own C.V.A. 3+ years ago. Writing does "exercise" the mind. And yes I too am unable to continue in my profession.

Doc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, Corny. Thanks very much for sharing.

5*

greenman440greenman440over 1 year ago

Great story, I enjoyed it. Hope you continue.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 1 year ago

Good stuff, thanks for posting. 5 stars.

The_John_YossarianThe_John_Yossarianover 1 year ago

Great story! It's refreshing to see someone who's such a good and natural storyteller. Now, don't you DARE stop writing. 5*****

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 1 year ago

I beg to disagree—in the league you are now competing, LITEROTICA, you write very well indeed. Please don’t worry about those who make snide remarks or criticize without point out the problem they find objectionable. Most of them know no more about writing than that ‘fine young person’ who thinks a vegan diet will cure every ED problem knows about ED. How can you respond to that kind of logic?

Anyway if you continue writing many of us will continue reading. GOOD LUCK from the carolinadreamer. OH YEAH, BTW I GAVE YOU A 5.

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

I find it heartwarming when a Brit writes such a great story. Nothing with cuckold and the like. You really entertained me. Thanks!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorny1974@Corny1974
484 Followers
After reading lots of stories on this site, I decided to try and write one myself. Please be kind, I'm not a writer but I do enjoy a good story.