Angel, Angel Burning Bright

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bida looked lovingly at Samael before dropping her eyes back down to the floor. Slowly she was memorizing the pattern of the cobblestones of the steps to the church and she wondered when the men would be done so that she could be rid of Father Veran's lecherous gaze.

Carefully Father Veran appeared to weigh the value of Samael's words as he skimmed through the thick stack of yellowed letters and legal papers. Finally apparently satisfied with what he had read Father Veran nodded, "I am sorry if it seemed to you that my questioning were rude but truly I did not know that Bida's illness was so grave nor did I know who you were as you are a stranger in my parish. My humblest apologies to you both and rest assured that as soon as the services are over then I shall note your marriage in the annuals. If it would please the both of you I would be most pleased to announce your marriage at the end of the service which should put a stop to the foolish wagging of women's tongues about the two of you." A self-satisfied smile settled upon Father Veran's lips as he finished his little speech.

"That would be most gracious, Good Father. And rest assured Good Father that we shall tithe properly from this time forward and I shall make restitution for my wife's lapse in tithing." Samael extended his hand to the priest.

After shaking Samael's hand the priest's smiles broadened and he scurried off reminding Bida of a overfed rat. Trembling Bida slumped into Samael's chest, "Samael," she mumbled into his chest," I don't trust that priest, and I don't trust this building. Please let me go home!" Uncontrollable shivers racked Bida's petite frame and all color drained from her face as she looked up into Samael's rich chocolate reassuring eyes.

Samael bent to kiss the top of her shimmering cardinal locks as he whispered so softly that she could scarcely hear him," My darling, there is nothing to fear. I will never let anything bad happen to you for as long as you live."

Taking immense comfort in the soothing rumble of Samael's voice Bida steeled herself to go and take a place among the rough-hewn pews in the church. As she quickly tried to dive in to the back corner of the last pew, Samael's strong hand encircled her wrist and pulled her to him as they trudged down the center aisle towards the front pew. Samael locked his smoldering dark eyes on Bida's panic stricken jade ones and steeled her will with his own calming her immensely. As Bida was staring at the opulently gruesome stained glass rendition of the crucifixion of Christ, she became aware of the clacking of shoes on stone as people began to fill the church. Bida dropped her eyes to her lap and studied her hands intently as she heard the hushed whispers behind her.

Gradually the whispers grew louder and louder until they were a deafening roar in Bida's ears drowning out everything even her own thoughts. The stain glass twisted and melted running the colors together into sharp brilliant flames. Vainly she grasped for Samael's hand as she screamed his name. Fire filled her vision and she could barely hear over the roar of the fire the taunts from the townspeople who claimed such righteousness. With the little breathe she could muster Bida cursed them all, before the tears came scalding her cheeks again as she longed for Samael and recalled his promises. Fear for Samael filled her heart as she remembered the horrible vision of the Arch-angel Gabriel behind Father Veran's back silently commanding Samel to be stilled as he drew his flaming sword. Anguish spilled from Bida's soul in a heart-rending wail as terror for Samael filled her. "He must be dead, it is the only reason he would not have come for me." was the last coherent thought that flitted through her mind as the heat and smoke overcame her senses plunging her into the sweet solace of her mind.

His kisses covered the tops of her softly swelling globes, as the color raised in her cheeks. "Samael", she purred," Stop it. We have work to do we can't spend all morning in bed again, my love. "

One graceful hand reached out and playfully knocked Samael flat on his back. "So get up, get dressed, and get into the field. Later I have to go and find some herbs from the forest and some other things and I wanted you to come with me. So get to work, my love." Laughter sparkled like emeralds from Bida's eyes.

Grumbling loudly Samael rolled off the bed and planted a soft sweltering kiss on Bida's delicate rouge lips. "Fine, fine, fine. Lady Taskmaster, but that is just a hint of the pleasures you are denying yourself this beautiful morning." Quickly he pulled on the coarse black breeches and shoved his feet into his boots, never looking over his shoulder at Bida.

Tentatively Bida reached out to touch Samael's shoulder, afraid that she had hurt him more than he had let on. As her hand hovered over Samael's broad shoulder, he spun around and caught her tiny wrist in his massive hand. Without a word he pulled her towards him and roughly crushed her mouth under his plundering her sweetness ruthlessly with his tongue. Samael tightened his grip on Bida's narrow waist and pressed her back onto the bed. Growling low in his throat Samael nipped at Bida's swollen lips and neck as his hand wound tightly around the thick coil of her cardinal braid. Bida's eyes widened as Samael's other hand gripped the front of her nightshift and ripped it off her curved form. Covering her throat and chest with rough biting kisses Samael tightened his grip on her hair and pulling hard on it making her arch beneath him. Snarling Samael took one of her her tightly puckered buds between his lips and teeth flicking it roughly causing Bida to cry out breathlessly. His smooth rough hand covered her bare mound while a single finger probed her delicate folds readying her for what was to come. As he bit and suckled on her, his finger found her most sensitive center and began in earnest to make her writhe and cry in pleasure. Quickly he pulled back his hand leaving Bida breathily crying for release and tugged at his breeches till he opened them and he himself poised at her warm entrance. Ruthlessly he plunged into her as he pulled her hair as hard as he could and bite down on one of her sensitive swollen pebbles. A cry died in Bida's throat giving way to low moans as Samael reached a frenzied pace. Bida undulated her hips beneath matching his fierce thrusts, panting in ragged gasps as Samael brought the pace to faster and faster tempos. Snarling and pulling her hair painfully Samael sank into Bida's clutching depths. Breathlessly Samael feel on top of Bida crushing her in to the bed, kissing her forehead and smoothing her hair.

"I love you, my darling." Samael hoarsely whispered into the mattress beside Bida's head. Shuddering Samael rolled on to his back pulling Bida on top of him and holding her to his chest while he stroked her head and back. "I love you, you teasing wench. I love you so much. "

Carefully he rolled onto side and lay next to his lovely wife. Bida stared into his luminous dark eyes and stroked his rough stubbled golden cheek before she kissed his soft stern mouth. "Now my fierce lover will you go plow something other than your wife? Maybe that over grown field in the back corner by the barn?"

Running her fingers through his long wild hair Bida languidly rolled away from Samael and stood up. Slowly she crossed the room and pulled on a simple shift that she had laid out the night before. "Now my love I am going to make breakfast."

As she stoked the fire in the hearth she heard the door behind her open as Samael slunk out of the bedroom. A smile settled on her lips as she felt his arms encircle her waist and his chin rest on top of her head.

"You know my love you could have stayed next to me just a little longer. I do so love holding you and looking into the depths of your jade eyes.." She felt him rock her slightly in his warm embrace as he pouted out his words.

"I know darling husband, but if I hadn't gotten up and out of the room you would have ravaged me again and again and no work would have been done again today. Besides dearest I told you I want you to accompany me on my little treasure hunt this afternoon," she turned to face him her eyes twinkling with mischief, "And I wouldn't want you to waste all your energy in the bedroom and the fields." Her poppy lips curved into a luscious irrepressible smile.

Sighing, Samael turned and mumbled under his breath as he went out to tend the fields. Bida started to follow him then decided to leave him with his thoughts as she crossed the room to the little table by the hearth. Softly she started to hum under her breathe as she mixed and kneaded a mound of gooey fragrant dough. Wordlessly she began to sing as she turned from the table to place her little copper kettle over the fire. She started to twirl around as she headed to the bedroom to comb out her hair and wash her face. As she worked her little silver comb through her hair she sang louder words forming on her lips "Oh mother, mother make my bed and make it soft and narrow, my true love has died today and I for him tomorrow. " The song died on her lush lips as chill bumps covered her body and the hair on the back of her neck prickled like a rising dog's hackles.

Bida dropped the little silver comb and ran out of the bedroom through her cottage and rushed out to the field where Samael was supposed to be. Panic gripped her as she searched the fields for any sign of him. Franticly she blindly ran through the fields, terror griping her very soul. Icy fear spurned her on through the fields and towards the woods that lay behind her little cottage and fields. "Samael," she cried her voice strangled by her terror. As she broke through the trees, she saw Samael kneel on the ground with blood covering his hands.

A wailing scream wrenched from Bida's throat startling Samael. His head whipped around towards the unearthly sound and he saw Bida collapse into a heap on the soft leaf covered ground.

When Bida's eyes fluttered open she saw Samael's dark eyes trained on her with such concern tears sprang to her eyes.

Crying she reached up and wrapped her arms around Samael's neck, "I thought you... I saw... My love..," she dissolved into tears once more.

"Shh, my darling" Samael crooned as he stroked Bida's hair back from her forehead, " I know what you thought, though I don't know why? Darling what on earth scared you so? " Slowly he rocked Bida against his chest like a mother would her frightened child.

Her bottom lip quivered as her words spilled over her lips," I was singing, and I got scared for you so I went to find you and you weren't anywhere to be seen and I ran across the fields and into the woods and I saw you with blood all over you and I thought...I thought you had been mortally wounded or killed." As she finished she buried her face in Samael's broad chest while sobs wracked her petite frame. Gently Samael stroked her hair and held her till her sobs started to slow and the tears ebbed their flow.

"Darling," his velvety voice rumbled," You mustn't fear for me so, I was only helping an ewe that had wandered from the pen give birth. That was the blood you saw, that is why I wasn't in the fields. But darling you must promise me that you won't run into the woods like that again. They are dangerous for one such as yourself to be in alone. The animals won't bother me. Now calm yourself my love while I go and finish attending the new lamb."

Deftly he bent to kiss her forehead as he lay her back into the bed," Just rest and I will be back soon." Before her protests could form on her lips Samael turn and strode out of their bedroom, but not before Bida saw the dark expression steal over his face like a shadow. Uneasily Bida slipped into troubled dreams.

Bida woke with a start to the sound of a terrified scream dying on her lips. She shot up and gripped the cover in a death grip, her knuckles turning white as tears poured forth like the River Sorgue that thundered past the village. A high keening wail tore loose from her breast as her head dropped till her chin touched her breast bone and the tears flowed freely to the cover below. Vaguely she heard Samael curse as the cauldron over the fire bubbled over and he turned on his heels to rush to her side.

"Bida,' his voice echoed through Bida's head," what's wrong? Are you hurt? What's wrong?"

Bida only shook her head and shuddered as the sobs wracked her body harder and harder. Concern flooded Samael's eyes as he let his form fade into it's true shape. Carefully he gathered Bida into his arms and eased onto the bed. Dropping her gingerly into his lap, he wrapped his wings about the both of them. Clinging to Samael's arms drawing strength from him slowly Bida's tears stopped until she realized that his beautiful ebony wings were wrapped about the both of them. Furiously she pushed back from Samael's chest and hit his wings with both hands.

"What in bloody hells is wrong with you?" Verging on hysteria again Bida shrieked, "Anyone could see you right now go back to being normal right now! " Bida's voice had raised another octave as Samael stared at her bewilderment plain on his features.

Slowly Samael stood and stared at Bida, as he seemed to shrink into himself. Bida watched in amazement as hi huge wings shrank and shrank till they were nothing more than ripples in his muscular back.

Tentatively he began to speak in low soothing tones," Darling what frightened you so? I am sorry I scared you with my wings but I thought you liked them and would find them comforting. If they disturb you I will not show them again. But tell me what caused your tears? "

Slowly he reached out and stoked Bida's hair with one hands before she threw herself into his arms. Clinging to Samael's neck with all her strength, Bida buried her face in Samael's shirt. Haltingly words began to tumble from her lips," I had a dream, a terrible dream, you were... you were dead and I was dying. Oh Samael, what's wrong with me? " Sobs began to wrack her body as she finished.

Samael held her close to him and lightly stroked her hair," Darling nothing is wrong, you were just still strung up about this morning and it must have been weighing heavily on your mind since then. It is all right I am safe and you are safe and if it will make you feel better then I will not show my wings again and I won't leave your side. " Gingerly he dropped a kiss on the top of Bida's sunset locks.

Gradually Bida calmed down. Turning her tear-streaked face up, she gazed into the warmth of Samael's chocolate eyes. A feeling of security washed over her as she breathed in his heady masculine scent. "Do you promise? Promise me you will never leave me, promise me you will always be by my side." desperation tinged her voice, as she clung tightly to Samael's neck.

Gathering her in arms Samael rocked her in his arms crooning softly to her as a concerned father might his child. "Darling dear, I will be with you for always, I will guard you and love and keep you safe for as long as I live. " Slowly he rocked Bida until her breathing evened out and her shivering stopped. "Now darling let's go get some food in your stomach, you haven't eaten all day have you? "

"I am sorry it is just a simple stew but I wasn't sure you were going to wake up for dinner, otherwise I would have prepared a proper meal for you," Samael's deep timbre brought another wave of the security washing over Bida.

Shakily Bida stood and took Samael's hand and followed him into the other room. Bida closed her eyes and let Samael guide her to the plain chair in front of the fireplace.

"Darling sit here you feel like ice, warm yourself while I fetch you a bowl of food. " Samael's rumbling voice commanded.

Shivering violently, Bida held her hands out towards the fire trying desperately to feel the warmth she knew was there. Bida jumped in her seat as a pounding on the door startled her. "Don't answer it Samael, please."

"Nonsense my darling, I have to. It is clearly obvious to whomever is on the other side of the door that we are in fact home and sitting by the fire." Samael threw over his shoulder as he crossed the room in broad steps. Throwing open the door Samael visibly steeled himself.

"Good Father, what an honor it is to find you on our doorstep, please come in. We were about to eat dinner. Please excuse Bida for not standing to greet you, but I am afraid she has fallen ill again. I must assume that her strength had not entirely returned when I took her out to church and now she is weakened again. So Good Father what is it that brings you out so far from your rectory at this time of night? What may I do for you Sir? " Samael finished as he turned and crossed the room to place a bowl of stew in Bida's hands. "Here my love, please try to eat just a little it will do you good. Hold it tightly and it will warm your hands." Softly Samael kissed her forehead as he smoothed her tangled mass of curls. "I will bring you a blanket in just a few moments my darling, after I attend to Father Veran. "

Samael turned and almost knocked over Father Veran, who had silently crossed the room.

"So Father now what is it that I can help you with? " Samael's deep voice verging on gruffness.

"Ahh, Samael, kind sir, I didn't realize your wife was still ill. I am very sorry indeed for you. Now I am most reluctant to bring up the matters I had come to discuss. Perhaps I should return to the rectory and have a doctor summoned for poor Mrs.. Troian. Yes that is what I shall do..." Father Veran's voiced remind Samael of the oily fat that formed on top of a stew that you had to skim off to keep from ruining your meal.

"No, no, I insist that you tell me what you came for. Obviously it was a manner of great importance for you to come yourself. I have already sent for a Doctor, he should be arriving any day now," Samael answered.

Nodding Father Veran began, " You take most excellent care of your wife. But Sir I came to discuss the matter of her back tithes, though I suppose now they would be your back tithes. It seems Mrs.. Troian has not attended church and tithed since she was... " He reached into his robe and pulled out a scrap of paper," Well since she was 12 years old. It started after her father died so I presume that we may excuse her for a year or so for her mourning after all it was such a tragedy the way both of her parents died and she had no one to care for her and teach her the proper things to do. And then I think we could probably take off the next 2 years, until she was 15 as she was probably confused as to what to do on the farm and probably barely harvested enough to feed herself let alone tithe or sell to get money to tithe. But sick or not I cannot excuse her from all of her arrears if I did my superiors would be most upset with me. After all if she had but come to the Church we would have helped her in every way we could have. " Father Veran's eyes fell on Bida, as he gazed over her body curled in the chair Bida shivered violently.

Samael saw this out of the corner of his eye and could see the lecherous thoughts that were playing out in the priest's head. Spinning on his heel to face her, Samael dropped to his knees in front of her blocking the priest's view. "Darling are you all right? I should take you back to bed immediately. " his voice wavered with concern as he scooped her light body up into his arms. Holding her tightly against his chest, he stood in one fluid motion. "Father I will be back in just one moment." Samael said softly as he turned to face the priest just in time to see a scowl disappear from the priest's harsh mouth.

"Take all the time you need" Father Veran replied as he watched Samael cross the room and enter the bedchamber.

Once in the door Samael smoothed Bida's hair back, "Darling, stay in here until I get rid of the good Father." he whispered in her ear as he laid her down, then a little too loudly, "Now darling you rest in here while I attend to some business with our Good Father Veran. " Kissing the top of her head once more, he carefully pulled the door to on his way into the common room. She could barely hear their voices as she drifted out of consciousness and into the snapping embers of the raging inferno around her.

1...345678