Anna's Taboo Christmas Gift

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He dug in the pocket of his jeans. "I made her a card. Grandma helped me. Can I give it to her?"

"Let's go inside first," his father said.

Getting inside seemed to involve a lot of lifting and carrying and time and trouble, and Jimmy began to realize that things wouldn't ever be the same again. But eventually they were all in the family room, with Grandma and Grandpa asking his parents questions, and Mom and Dad answering them. When they finally stopped talking, he showed them the card.

"Happy Birthday Anna," his mother read. "Well, that makes all sorts of sense, doesn't it? Her birth day was two days ago. And I like the hearts and the flowers, Jimmy. It's very sweet. We'll hang the card over her crib in our room, so Anna will be able to see it every morning when she wakes up." She cradled her daughter in her arms, her fingers cradling her tiny body. A ring glinted on her finger. It had two stones - one red and one blazing green.

At the memory, Jimmy got up, trying not to wake his sister. But when he came back downstairs, her eyes were open and she smiled at him sleepily. "Was I asleep long?"

"Not long," he said, kneeling down beside her. He took his right hand in his, and slid a circle of gold onto her ring finger.

"Jimmy!" Anna looked down at the band in shock.

"I can't ever give you a wedding ring," he said. "You know that, and so do I."

He took her hand. "But I can give you something that you can wear forever, without anyone ever questioning it. No one will ever ask why you are wearing Mom's old birthstone ring." He shrugged. "And if it means something else for us, if it stands for the bond we share..." He bent and kissed her. "What we know, we know. I love you. And I want you to have this on your finger every day, and know that I love you."

"Oh, Jimmy." She came into his arms, a mystery, a blessing, a gift.

The greatest gift of all.

The End

1...456789