Anonymous

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"N-no I just got in. Wanted to get ready to eat," I admitted. That was partially the truth. I didn't want to mention how the box made me feel a bit funny.

"Well eat up but open it before I head in and let me know if you like it," he muttered. I nibbled my lip, studying the wall warily. Was this a gesture of some kind? I pushed those worries aside, choosing to settle in at my table.

"I got my hair cut and dyed today," I fiddled with it as I opened the container, wafting some hearty aromas. My eyes bulged when I saw the steak, baked potato, and asparagus. "Wow, this looks delicious," I mumbled and he chuckled.

"They had a sale going on, for the steak. There were two in the pack I bought. Figured I could share today," he offered casually. That calmed some of my nerves as I started to cut into it. It looked so juicy and tender.

"And you just happened to have asparagus and a potato for me too?" I teased, making him laugh as more smoke flowed through the air.

"I usually buy produce in bulk depending on what I want to cook for the week. So yeah, I had some stuff lying around. What you think I wanted to cook especially for you?" he quipped back, still playful as ever. It made me smile, my whole body relaxing as more of that chocolate and cocoa smell swirled around.

"The thought may have crossed my mind," I teased.

"Yeah? And how'd that make you feel?" that caught me off guard. I bit my lip, looking at the wall. I took a deep breath, adjusting in my chair.

"I'm not sure," I admitted, shy now, as I took my first bite. "Wow this is good," I mumbled.

"Thanks, I grilled it out here. It was so nice out today I didn't want to waste it," he admitted. I nodded slowly, taking another bite and closing my eyes. "I'm travelling out of town for a week come tomorrow," he started out of nowhere, my eyes flashing open.

"Oh, for what?" I mumbled, stabbing some of the asparagus.

"Visiting my dad. His girlfriend has to travel for work and he needs someone to look after him since his surgery," he muttered. "So I'm taking some time off work," it sounded so simple but that kind of gesture seemed so endearing.

"Well he's lucky to have a son willing to do that for him," I mumbled.

"He'd do it for me if I needed it," he breathed simply.

"I have to admit 215, you're really fascinating," I offered, hearing a light laugh from him. "It's been a few months since I've seen my family. Makes me want to try and visit," I insisted.

"Do it," he agreed, making me smirk. "What color did you dye your hair?" he broke the silence and I sighed, unable to stop myself from smiling fully.

"Why not guess?" I challenged, hearing a laugh from him.

"Well I don't even know what color you started with," he countered and I pursed my lips.

"It's a natural color," I offered, looking at the deep red tones fondly.

"Hmmm, I don't know why I'm picturing you with like brown hair with like blond in it?" he offered and I smirked.

"That's what it used to look like a year ago," I giggled and he laughed. "Then I was full blond," I admitted quietly. "But now I'm a full on red head. It's darker though," I pushed it back over my shoulder, taking another bite out of the steak.

"How long is your hair?" his voice sounded softer.

"Um, it comes down to, um," I pulled it down to eyeball it. "Like just a bit past my chest or mid back?" I muttered. "And I have bangs, sort of?" I giggled, ruffling the hair around my face. "More like pieces that are short enough to shape my face, but aren't traditional bangs? If that makes sense," I shrugged.

"I think it does?" he didn't sound so sure though. "My hair is buzzed and I died it like, almost white it's pretty blond? Wanted to try something. And I have some scruff I guess?" he chuckled, making me smile.

"What's your natural color?" I muttered.

"Like a light brown I guess? You?"

"Dark brown, like a chestnut color?" I dug into the potato then, really pleased with how this all tasted. "It's crazy we've been talking for some time but still don't know each other's names or what we look like," I mumbled.

"Yeah, crazy," he agreed, and then a plume of smoke flitted in the wind. "Are you curious?" he teased and I smiled.

"Aren't all humans curious in general?" I countered, getting a soft laugh in return. "I think I am, but I like this too. It's different, but kind of cool and comfortable," I shrugged. We left it at that, the silence lasting for a long time. I finished my food too, thinking about how I'd return these dishes to him.

"I'm about to head on that walk, you want to open that box?"

"Oh, uh sure!" I had forgotten about it honestly. I got up and pulled the box out of the string, opening it quickly. I bit my lip as I admired this beautiful septum ring. It had a henna flower looking design with diamonds or some kind of clear crystals intricately mixed into the facets. "Wow, this is gorgeous," I whispered, wanting to put it on immediately.

"It's a new design we got in the shop today. I saw it and thought about you mentioning you had a septum. Figured you might like a new piece for it?" he offered, the gesture too kind and unexpected.

"Thanks, i-it's really nice! Oh, what about these dishes by the way?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Make me something to eat when I get back. I won't want to cook when I fly in," he muttered. My heart pounded in my chest.

"When is that?" I demanded, staring at the wall between us.

"Next Sunday," I heard his sliding door and took a deep breath, looking at the ring again. He seemed like such a kind guy! It was a bit shocking and always throwing me off. I glanced at the string and smiled, hurrying inside to get a note and a clip. I wrote a little message, clipping it on and tossing it over.

Toss this back over when you're ready for dinner on Sunday. Have a nice trip!

And thus began my week of fretting. What do I cook for him? Do I cook him my favorite meal? Do I try to make something simple. I thought about it all week.

As I went to the grocery store Sunday morning I still had no idea what to get. I settled on making steak fajitas, not for any reason other than when I saw the seasoning it popped into my head. So I perused around getting ingredients and cashed out eventually.

Before heading home I noticed a craft store and thought about going in. Katie had mentioned wanting to try and make her own earrings and I thought it sounded cool. I glanced at the trunk of my car and shrugged. "A ten minute walk around the store wouldn't hurt," I assured myself, hurrying across the parking lot.

I saw a lot of cool jewelry kits and different things we could use, taking pictures and texting them to Katie. She was sending me screen shots of earrings she wanted to try and make, getting me excited. Some of them were so pretty! I found some things that were similar, sending them to her. We were planning our next get together to make them when I walked past some sketchbooks. I hesitated, glancing at them again. I saw a plain one with a black, suede cover and pursed my lips. A tattoo artist would like a sketchbook right?

I fiddled with the septum ring he got me and nibbled on my lip, looking around. No one around to ask. I looked at my phone and called Katie.

"Hey girly, what's up?" she asked and I sighed.

"You know 215, the guy I told you about next door?" I asked and she giggled.

"The mystery divorcee with a sexy voice and a bad smoking habit?" she teased and I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, what about him?"

"Should I get him a sketchbook?" I mumbled, staring at it. There was a voice in me, shouting, demanding I get him a gift in return.

"Why not? He got you that septum ring. It's so pretty too, he has great taste," she teased me again and I sighed, unable to stop smiling.

"I'm just thankful it wasn't a belly button or nipple ring. God, how embarrassing," I snagged the book, walking to the counter eagerly.

"Maybe, maybe not. We're really on for Wednesday night though right? I'll come over, bring some wine, we go to the store to get that stuff," she continued and I nodded.

"Yes, yes Wednesday's a go!" I giggled, setting the book down at the register. The older woman smiled at me sweetly, ringing it up as I pulled my wallet out. "Look I gotta go, we'll talk tomorrow at work," I hung up on her quickly, checking out and hurrying to my car. I was eager to get back, not sure when he'd be back. I wanted to get cooking sooner rather than later just in case.

When I got home I hurried to the porch, not seeing the paper yet. That made me feel better. I still had time. So I pulled my hair up into a quick ponytail, grabbing all of my ingredients and sliding my apron on. It was a weird habit but my mom always told me I had to wear an apron while cooking. To this day I still do.

I started cutting the meat, glancing at the sketchbook as it sat on the counter next to the fridge. A part of me regretted buying it, not wanting to seem like I had to pay him back for the jewelry. But I also didn't want him to read too far into it either. It was just a sketchbook after all, something I saw at the craft store. Nothing major.

I heard someone walking down the hall and my heart dropped. The thought of it being 215 stirred in my head as my hands stilled. Once I heard a door shut I shook my head and went back to the stove. I decided to put music on, letting the familiar songs soothe me. I was able to finish cooking, about to put my dish together when I glanced back at the balcony.

"Maybe," I hurried over, not pushing the door open but studying the railing. I saw the paper flutter slightly in the breeze, dangling and I bit my lip. I pushed the door open, grabbing it. It was a new piece of paper and I opened it.

I'm showering so just leave it at the door. Throw this back over so I know.

I hurried inside, making his plate and grabbing the sketchbook. I set the book down then put the little container on top of it. I hurried back into my apartment, finishing my plate and hurrying out to the porch. I tossed the paper back over before settling down in my chair. I started eating, my hands feeling a bit shaky.

Why I was so nervous I had no idea, but this night was on my mind since he left. And when I heard his door open I jumped.

"What the hell is this book?" he laughed, sounding so happy.

"Oh, I went to the craft store today to look at some stuff. Katie and I are planning a get together. We wanted to try something out we saw online. And before I left I saw it," I shrugged, taking another bite of my fajita. He made a guttural sound before I heard his chair.

"And dinner is?" he asked and I sighed.

"Steak fajitas. I had a craving for them when at the store this morning," I insisted, hoping it didn't taste too bad to him.

"Pico and sauteed veggies. You don't skimp. Is this a little bag of sour cream?" he sounded very amused.

"Yeah, don't judge me. I keep some of the extra packets of sauce and stuff I get from delivery. They come in handy when I run out, you know?" I blushed, giggling.

"Not judging, that is handy. This book is really nice. What made you want to get it for me?" he pressed and I shrugged.

"Well you're a tattoo artist. Don't you like, I don't know, doodle and stuff? Maybe practice your art?" I felt so embarrassed. "Do you not like it? I can return it if you-"

"What? No it's great. I love it. The paper is really nice," he muttered, my stomach flipping as I smiled at the wall. "Huh, this is better than I expected," he breathed after a bit of silence.

"The fajitas?" I clarified and he chuckled.

"Yeah," he sighed and I felt a pride surge through me. We ate in silence, my mind reeling as I thought of things to talk about.

"How's your dad doing?" I asked finally.

"Well he's bitter about being so incapable. But he needed to get his knee replaced so," he sounded a bit upset about it himself. "It was hard seeing him get so upset over it sometimes though," he added after the fact. I nodded slowly, taking another bite.

"But you enjoyed seeing him right?" I asked carefully.

"Oh of course. My sister stopped by for a bit too. That was fun," he sounded like he was smiling then. I finished my plate, sipping at my water as I stared up at the color splattered sky. It was always so pretty when the sun set. After a while I saw the familiar puffs of smoke and smirked.

"I hope dinner was ok," I mumbled, seeing another puff.

"Yeah it was good. Definitely nice to come home to a meal I didn't have to cook. Taking care of my dad took some energy out of me," he admitted and I bit my lip, staring at the wall. Katie asked me if I wanted to meet him, and up to this point my answer was no. Not that I'd avoid any kind of instance of running into each other, but I had no desire to go out of my way to see him.

But now, I wasn't as certain.

"So when is your friend coming over?" he asked suddenly, catching my attention.

"Oh, uh, Wednesday night. We both have Thursday off this week so we're making a date of it," I admitted sheepishly.

"Sounds fun. I hope you have a good time," he breathed and I nodded, finishing my drink. I eased up out of the chair then, walking over to my railing. I leaned on the banister, the smoke so much closer now. I snagged the string with his note, trying not to seem nervous as I held it out toward the wall.

"Next time you want to have dinner together, toss it over yeah?" I could hardly get it out, my heart racing. Instead of grabbing the paper his hand grabbed mine gently, twisting it slightly.

"I expected you to have your nails done," he muttered and I blushed at the touch, my heart racing. I looked at his hand noticing how broad his palm was. His veins bulged out of it slightly, some light hair on his wrist. His nails were short, looking almost bitten.

"Oh sometimes I get them done but it's annoying to have them when I'm doing others' nails or hair. Katie has hers done all the time and I never get it," I let him hold my hand, twisting it slightly as he studied it. His thumb brushed over my wrist, sliding over that little bone that jutted out before he let his fingers slide the paper out of my palm. The touch sent tingles through my hand.

"That's a cute mole on your wrist," he muttered as I pulled my hand back.

"Um thanks?" I crossed my arms, leaning on the railing. I laid my head down, staring out toward the road, the sun looking orange as it drew closer to the tree line.

"This is the most I've ever seen of you," he chuckled and I giggled, closing my eyes. I couldn't hold my smile back.

"It feels taboo in a way," I admitted making him laugh. A strong waft of that cocoa and coffee filled the air and I took a deep breath. "I didn't think I could miss the smell of cigar smoke so much," I whispered, not sure if he heard me or not. But either way it was a moment of honesty that shocked me to my core.

"Huh," was all I heard from him.

"Well I'm going to clean up my kitchen. Have a good night," I hurried and collected my stuff from the table, my heart racing. Where did that come from? And why did I say that out loud? I couldn't keep it together as I cringed at the thought every time it looped back around to the front of my mind. Even as I crawled into bed I tossed and turned, dreading the thought.

What made it worse was that as Monday and Tuesday went by without a note I was certain I freaked him out. So when Katie came over after work I lamented the whole scenario to her.

"He probably was shocked more than anything. With how often you two talk to each other, hell you've already exchanged gifts right?" she asked and I nodded. "Maybe he wasn't expecting it and didn't know how to react. I'm sure it made him happy, at the very least happy to know you do enjoy his company," she shrugged as I poured her a glass of wine. She set the bags down on my small island, digging through them.

"I'm not crazy right?" I asked as I handed her the glass, her nails catching my attention as she held the goblet delicately.

"Of course not," she smiled, sipping her wine as she turned to the packs of fake feathers and flowers. "These are so pretty!" she gushed. I found myself studying her, feeling a bit self-conscious.

"What if he wants to meet now because of what I said?" I asked then and her eyes shifted as her smile faltered.

"And what's so wrong about that?" she demanded and I scoffed.

"Katie please you're like, gorgeous, of course you see nothing wrong with meeting up. I'm normal at best," I snorted, hating how she rolled her eyes at me. "I'm definitely plump," I squeezed my hips and she giggled, biting her tongue as her nose wrinkled. "My face is rounder, I have all these freckles and beauty marks on my body," I grumbled, full of chagrin at how she waved her hand flippantly.

"I'd kill to have your hips and ass. You're a bit smaller in your chest but your body looks nice. I've seen you in a bikini too, you have meat on your bones but it's not ugly. In fact my cousin, you remember Ronnie?" she pressed and I blushed, nodding, thinking back to the near tryst with him in the public bathroom. I never told her about it. "He said you were so hot," she giggled, making me blush more.

"Ok, ok sure. But this is different. We've spent so much time together without seeing each other. Surely he has an image of me in his mind, and I him," I tried to explain it but she just pursed her lips, studying me.

"You said his voice was husky right? Sexy?" she pressed and I shrugged. "And that he seems really nice and genuine?" she continued and I sighed, nodding as I finished pouring myself wine. "So then who the fuck cares about the rest?" she demanded then and I faltered.

"Ok look, let's not pretend looks do matter a bit!" I snipped quietly and she giggled, shrugging as she pulled the earring kit out and set her glass down.

"Sure, but there is more beauty deeper down that shines through too right?" she challenged and I could only frown. "Don't give me that face you know I'm right," she gestured for me to come over and I sighed, sitting down at the island with her.

We looked over the instructions, Katie looking serious as she figured out how to get the feathers attached to the earring pieces. I was worried the metal would be cheap but she insisted she looked up the kit and was shocked to see it was real metal.

"I think that's why it was as expensive as it was, for such a simple kit," she muttered and I sighed, nodding slowly. I pulled the fake flowers out and we started figuring out all the earrings we wanted to make. It was fun getting creative and drinking with her.

When we finished using up the whole kit I had four pairs and she had five. They came out a lot better than I expected and I put the feather ones on for the night, pulling my hair up into a ponytail in the bathroom. Katie walked in, wearing one of her flower pair and we smiled at each other.

"See this was a good idea! Now let's go eat cookies on the porch and enjoy the warm night," she insisted and I sighed, turning and following her. She grabbed the container of cookies and I carried two large glasses of milk out. We got on the porch, sitting at the table and staring out toward the nearly set sun. I dunked a cookie into the milk when she leaned over. My eyes followed and I felt a pang in my gut.

He had thrown a note over today. Her eyes met mine as a conniving smile turned her lips up. "Katie give it!" I snapped and she giggled, ignoring me as she opened it up. I felt embarrassed and nervous unsure what the message would say.

"Hope you have a fun night with Katie, dinner tomorrow?" she raised her eyebrow at me, smiling deviously. "And you were worried you freaked him out," she teased and I glanced at the wall, my heart racing.

"Shhh, don't talk so loud!" I cursed under my breath, snatching the note from her. She snickered as I got up and got a pencil, accepting the request. I clipped it back and tossed it over the railing, sighing as I sulked back to my chair and plopped down.

123456...8