Anti-Hero

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I think my look of surprise might have caused her to giggle. She covered her mouth with her hand and waited as I got myself together. I immediately thought back to my chat with Rhonda where she said it was probably time and how something inside me shifted. Perhaps it was time, and I wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth. Not that I had any idea where this was headed. It was just dinner.

"Umm, yeah, I'd love to," I said which made her relax and smile more. "Friday or Saturday?"

"Saturday?" Jennifer asked ever so gently twisting from side to side with a playfulness.

"Perfect. Six o'clock?" I replied wondering what time to pick her up. "I'll pick you up or you want to meet there?"

"Six is fine and you can pick me up. I'll send you the address," Jennifer said happily as she moved back to the door.

"Black tie or shorts and t-shirt?" I asked playfully before she giggled.

"Casual is fine," Jennifer replied as she opened my office door. "Thanks Ronny."

"You're welcome," I said before she looked at me one last time and left.

I don't know what just happened but perhaps my life was starting to turn a corner. I wasn't about to get my hopes up, but I was intrigued to see where this would go. Sure enough, Jennifer sent me her details via email, and I was on cloud nine when I left the office that night. I had to hit the shops to get some food and then I was going to meet Angela again. What? She requested a booty call.

Chapter 5

Everyone needs to eat and while I'm not Michelin star chef, I can cook and prefer not to eat frozen meals. I was scooting around my local supermarket, which was part of the huge mega shopping centre, when I saw someone I hadn't seen in a while. Her eyes caught mine and with a lovely smile we strolled up to one another.

"Hi," I said seeing Lucy Tangibar with a pram in front of her. I looked down at the little boy. "Hi."

"Hi, Ron," Lucy said sweetly. Just seeing her brought back that incredible night. It was wonderful that we parted on good terms. "It's good to see you."

"You too. How have you been?" I asked. She just seemed to glow and was so happy.

"Great. Just great. My life has only looked up since I saw you last," Lucy replied looking down at her son.

"Who's this?" I asked looking at the tired little boy in the pram. She smiled and avoided my eyes.

"This is little William," Lucy replied proudly. She still avoided my eyes.

"Wow, he's a cutie, takes after his father I guess," I said when she shot me a look that somehow made me uneasy. "Sorry... how is Simon?"

"Um, what?" Lucy said trying to recover. Then I think she realised what I meant. "We're divorced."

"That a good thing?" I asked making sure it was, because inside I was ecstatic.

"God yes, that asshole," Lucy replied with a laugh. I breathed a sigh of relief that she was happy about leaving that slime ball.

"Thank god," I said with also laughing. She kept looking at me and I knew something was up. "What?"

"He's yours," Lucy said her face almost emotionless as she gauged my reaction. I saw fear and I tell you now, you could have knocked me down with a feather when she said that.

"M-m-mine?" I asked finally recovering enough to speak.

"That night, well... I wanted to get back at Simon... I've never been on birth control and... never really gave it a thought... well... it was a calculated risk, but worth it in the end," Lucy replied happily.

"Wow, okay... ummm," I said staring to worry a bit. What did it all mean?

"I never got the chance to thank you," Lucy said happily. "He's my world. He means everything to me, and it was all because of you."

"I ah," I said shocked at her admission and how truly happy she seemed. "That's great. You're welcome. Glad I could help, I guess."

"Ronny, it's okay. I'm not after anything. I got Simon to pay child support in the divorce," Lucy said with a wicked grin. "He's got no idea..."

"Seriously?" I asked feeling like part of me was cheering that her ex-asshole got some comeuppance.

"Yep, took him to the cleaners and I have you to thank for that," Lucy replied happily. "He's not the man I married that's for sure. Never even questioned it."

Then it hit me, and I couldn't have been happier, but I wasn't sure if she would be.

"Um, Lucy... is it okay if I stop in from time to time... I mean I know I'm not around, but I'd like to see him... play with him. Birthdays... you know, if it's alright with you," I asked which made her tear up. Shit, this woman was full of surprises. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. Just forget I said anything."

Lucy shook her head and clutched my forearm.

"No, it's not that. I just wasn't expecting that. Trust me when I say I'm not after anything, but if you want to be part of his life," Lucy said wiping the tears away and smiling. "I'd really love that."

"Okay, that'd be great. Thank you," I said smiling. It was like a piece of the puzzle fell into place right in that moment.

Lucy and I exchanged contact details and agreed to work out things further, away from the shops and in private. As we parted ways, I started to think about Angela and her request. I sent her a message and asked her to meet me tomorrow night at home. I knew what I needed to do.

Chapter 6

I had let Rhonda choose which way we were going this morning and it seemed like we were going for the long run. Fine by me, but it seemed that she had something to 'work out.' I slowed us down a bit to let her know who I ran into the day before.

"You'll never guess what happened last night," I said as we rounded a corner.

"Alien abduction?" Rhonda asked playfully. That was our go-to answer when we had no clue for a question like that.

"Close," I replied with a chuckle. "I ran into Lucy Tangibar in the grocery store."

"Shit? Really?" Rhonda asked looking at me sideways. "Wow, what, three years?"

"Yep, three years," I replied nodding. "She's got a little boy with her."

"Wow, she's moves on quick," Rhonda said but stopped when she saw me staring at her. "Is something wrong?"

"He's mine," I said which caused her to blank out for a minute and then laugh.

"I'm sorry, I thought you said the little boy was yours," Rhonda said grinning before her smile disappeared.

"He is."

We stopped running and she looked at me briefly as it all sank in.

"Holy shit," Rhonda said softly as her face changed. I could see something was going on as her whole demeanour changed at that moment before she pulled it all back together.

"Well then," Rhonda said bringing back a forced smile. "Good on you."

"Ronnie," I said taking her hand.

"It's okay, really," Rhonda said gulping. "Come on, let's keep going."

She took off before I could say anything, and it took me a bit to catch up to her again. But we let the silence hang a bit before I said anything else.

"I'm only telling you because I don't know what else to do. I've asked Lucy if I can visit at times, but I don't know. I was just hoping for some of your wisdom," I said as we turned another corner on our route. "Should I be in the child's life or leave him alone?"

"You need to do what feels right for you," Rhonda said politely.

"Yeah, but then Angela comes to me and asks me to be a sperm donor. I mean, my whole world is changing rapidly," I said with a sigh.

"She did?" Rhonda asked with a surprised look. "Shit, wow."

"Gee, thanks," I replied with a smirk. "Big help. I mean, do you think it's a good idea? She says she would do all the child raising and I wouldn't be on the hook or anything..."

"And?"

Christ, this wasn't getting anywhere. Rhonda was always more in tune and thoughtful when we spoke, but this was different. It was like she was on a different planet for the moment. I just had to flat out ask her to get her on point.

"Do you think I should have a child with Angela?" I asked. It took a few moments before she seemingly shook the cobwebs free and returned to the Rhonda I was used to talking with.

"I can't make that decision for you but does sound kind of cool. Best of both worlds. Kids without the hassle... I'd probably do it if I could," Rhonda said with a laugh. "Every guy's dream, right?"

I stopped running at that point. Rhonda noticed and stopped before coming back to me.

"That's just it. There's more to it than that. I mean, shit, I'm no amazing stand-up guy... but, shit, I don't know. What if I want to be in the child's life? What if the child is born with congenital defects or something," I said suddenly feeling ill regarding Mei Ling. Fuck. I never thought of it in that way. What did I do?

What happened next took me by surprise. Rhonda pulled me into a hug and held me before kissing my cheek, and pulling back, holding me by my shoulders.

"That's why you're the right guy for the job. Angela isn't stupid. She's done her homework... why do you think she picked you? Because you've got all the qualities she wants in a guy, even if you two aren't in a committed relationship. She knows you'll be there for her," Rhonda said which made perfect sense. Part of me had dread though, especially about Mei Ling. The thing was, I had no way of contacting Mei Ling, just as she had wanted.

"And what if I need someone?" I asked looking at Rhonda. Her eyes got a little blurry for a moment and I could tell that question caught her off guard. She wrestled with it before answering.

"Not that you'll need me, but I'm always here for you," Rhonda said touching my face reassuringly. It was the first time she had ever been so caring with me. If that is even the right word. What she said had weight and it made an impact. "Always."

"Me too," I said pulling her to me. She hugged me just that little bit tighter then, which made me wonder if something was going on for her. Not that she would tell me. She pulled back and looked away, letting me know it was time to move on. "What's say we get back to running?"

"Good idea," Rhonda said bouncing on the balls of her feet as if she was preparing for a race.

We set off on the rest of our run and went about things as though it was just another morning run in Shitsville. That's where we lived. Only joking, the town was okay. We went about our morning like any other morning and didn't speak of it again. Not that morning anyway.

Chapter 7

Blowing off steam on a Friday night with Angela was always a good way to finish the week. As per usual, she came in and stripped off but seemed to have a little bit more of a spring in her step. That or I was just looking for something that wasn't there. We ate naked, which was something new and then over some wine, we started to get into it. It didn't last long with our usual routine taking centre stage and her submitting to my ministrations.

We ended up in my bedroom, having used most of the furniture in the living room beforehand. I carried her there in my arms, putting her down gently as we recovered and slowly worked each other up again. I got the feeling there was more energy between us this time, finishing with a passionate flourish.

After that round of passionate sex, I looked down at Angela as she laid on my bed and

I leaned down to kiss just above her pubic bone. I loved that part of her, soft, smooth and so sexy even when she is sweaty all over. I then looked up at her, her eyes on me as I placed my hand on her lower abdomen.

"I think you'll look stunning with a baby bump," I said which immediately made Angela cover her mouth with her hand and tear up. I pulled her up as she cried and pulled her in for a hug. Her arms wrapped around me while she cried through her emotions.

I had never seen her do that, always so confident and firm. This was a new side that was actually quite pleasant to witness. Finally, she pulled back and looked at me.

"Really? Are you sure?" Angela asked her eyes pleading with me.

"Of course, I'd be honoured to be your donor," I said with a smile. She beamed and hugged me some more, fresh happy tears falling on my shoulder.

"I was convinced I'd never be a mother," Angela said finally calming down and sitting back.

"You'll make a wonderful mother," I said stroking her cheek.

"You think so?" Angela asked her eyes sparkling.

"Yeah, I do. Look how well you take care of me," I replied with a cheeky grin. That made her giggle and fall down on the bed, her arms clutched to her chest as she gripped her hands through the giggles. Her breasts were smashed back against her, and she looked so beautiful in that moment.

She calmed, but still smiled and looked at me.

"Come here," Angela said holding her arms out to me. "I'll take really good care of you now."

"Yeah?" I asked moving into her arms and half on top of her, my elbow still taking my weight as I looked down at her. She looked even more beautiful now than she ever had, with this glow about her. "Is that a promise?"

"Absolutely," Angela replied pulling me down for a sumptuous kiss.

"You're staying tonight, right?" I asked looking into her dreamy eyes.

"I wasn't planning to, I don't have any other clothes," Angela replied her smile fading.

"So? You don't need them," I said which made her smile come back in full force. She kissed me again and I could tell she was about to say something we'd both said we'd not say. "I know... me too."

It was just easier this way and she knew it.

"Thank you," Angela said pulling me to her.

It was a different kind of sex that just seemed more personal. If that makes any sense whatsoever. She did stay over, and we made the most of the time we had together. The details we could work out later. I think Angela left on a cloud after another vigorous session in the morning. Hell, I needed to go back to bed after that one. She nearly killed me.

Chapter 8

You know I actually wasn't nervous, more curious as to why Jennifer wanted to go out with me. I mean, a beautiful woman like her, going out with a guy like me, that's once in a lifetime, right? I barely knocked on the door before she opened it and my god, even dressed casually she looked incredible. I got the feeling she was waiting for me to show up as it was just a bit too eager the way she opened the door.

"Hi," I said kindly.

"Hi," Jennifer said with a lovely smile. When she turned to grab her handbag, I took a quick look at her. She looked amazing in tight jeans and the white t-shirt, and I swear I could only make out her bra underneath. That's right, either she was wearing the tiniest thong in the world, hot! Or she wasn't wearing anything under her jeans. Fuck yes! "Ready to go?"

My eyes were back up at her eye level when she turned and asked me that.

"Of course. Got everything?" I asked acting like a concierge and motioning for my car that was outside her apartment building. She smiled and walked closely next to me as we headed out.

We made small talk in the car on the way to the restaurant and got comfortable with one another. You know, the usual, what the weather's like, was it hard to find her place and when I told her the choice of restaurant she was pleased. We got seated, ordered and then the conversation started. When our meals arrived, it felt quite casual.

"You enjoy your job?" I asked as we went through the usual motions of getting to know one another before getting down to the nitty-gritty.

"I love it. I'm hoping for a promotion, so who knows," Jennifer replied with a smile as we ate. "What about you? Do you enjoy your job?"

"I don't mind it. It's not bad and sometimes it's good, but hey it's a living. I get to meet interesting people, like you," I said which made her blush and smile.

"Thank you, you're interesting too," Jennifer said happily.

We finished our meal and continued with our drinks as we spoke. I could tell she wanted to get more personal with me, but I wasn't sure how to get there. Then I had an idea.

"I'm surprised you asked me out, can I ask why?" I asked looking at her. Her dark eyes were lovely and when she smiled, as she was doing right now, they lit up further.

"Of course," Jennifer said taking a moment. "Well, it's because you treat me like a normal human being, with respect and you're never leering at me. You're funny and nice. And you know... all the guys just see me as a piece of ass... so... I'm tired of that side of things. Just looking for someone genuine... does that make sense?"

"Yeah, you have no idea," I said with a chuckle. "My life has been pretty much all over the place. I mean, it's not fun and so far, no one has wanted anything more than a one-night stand from me really... I mean, never mind."

"It's okay, I think you and I are the same... please, tell me," Jennifer said sweetly.

"I think you're going to run away when I tell you, in fact, I'm sure of it," I said hailing the waiter to pay the tab. "Cheque please."

"Oh, I don't know. I'll probably scare you off with my own," Jennifer said with a laugh.

She was very good and putting me at ease.

"Okay, well," I said as the waiter handed me the cheque. I put my card on it and added a tip which he took back to process. "How about I tell you over ice cream?"

"Okay," Jennifer said before the waiter came back and we went on our way.

I took her to this little ice cream parlour, and we ordered some different flavours before taking a walk around the city.

"So... me, my mess," I said as we walked side by side. "I'm divorced. She left me to be with the 'one.' And I've been in a real pickle ever since. I can't seem to have anything serious with anyone and I've got a no strings attached relationship with someone at the moment who just asked me to be her sperm donor. Think you can top that?"

Without so much as a flinch, Jennifer licked her ice cream and shrug slightly.

"I've had a few failed relationships. I was involved with a couple for a while as their unicorn... I was like a trophy, and she got a bit too clingy. So that didn't end well. I had one guy who turned out to be a drug dealer. One guy who liked having sex in public places and one that liked being a baby. I realised that they were all a little too out there for my tastes. The last guy was obsessed with me, which was scary, but I ended that quickly... And I'm not even going to go near all the guys that hit on me regularly. So boring," Jennifer said as if it was all just a casual conversation between two hold friends.

I guess thinking about it, it is a casual conversation. I laughed and she looked at me.

"Sounds a bit like my life, without the man baby," I said causing her to laugh with me.

"That's true... a grown man acting like a baby and needing to be nursed... umm, no thank you," Jennifer said as we walked back to my car.

"I take it you want someone to take care of you," I said as I opened the door for her.

"Sometimes," Jennifer said with a smirk before getting in and letting me close the door. I quickly made my way to the driver's side and got in.

"Good to know, so," I said starting the car and looking at her. "Where to now?"

"My place," Jennifer said sweetly.

"I can do that," I said as we headed off. In no time we were at her place, and I was walking her to the front door. "So..."

I was about to say goodnight, figuring this was the end when she grabbed my hand, gave me a look, and then walked me into her building.

"Drink?" Jennifer asked as we approached her door.

"Ah, yeah, that'd be great," I replied while she unlocked and let us inside.

She got me that drink, had one herself all the while keeping her gaze on me. It as almost like a game of cat and mouse, where she'd take sip, I'd take a sip and then she'd stare at me with those gorgeous eyes. I figured I'd wait since she invited me inside. It was almost like she was trying to find the right words, having opened her mouth to say something a couple of times before deciding not to. I put my drink down when she moved closer to me and put her hand on my chest. Jennifer put her glass down as well before she spoke.