All Comments on 'Ask Me Why'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 664 Comments (Page 2)
taylorsamtaylorsamabout 4 years ago

Liked the story but I have one thing I wish would have been added. I was waiting for Laura to have to admit to her parents why Jack left. You left if with her with never having to admit that she was the party at fault.

Taylor

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago
@blackrandl1958

"They are not "unfinished" or "abrupt," because we finished them."

Of course the ending was too abrupt. Just because HDK decided to finish it there doesn't mean it wasn't an abrupt ending.

The initial 4.5 pages were slowly and carefully developed. The actual reconciliation deserved the same kind of attention, because as it stands the turbo-speed forgiveness feels completely unearned.

We go from:

"Jack had never been as angry as he was at that moment. The guy wrecked his marriage simply because he wanted a strange piece of ass."

8 paragraphs later:

"I'm here to tell you I'll make certain your wife and son will never go wanting. You'll die knowing the man whose life you ruined is caring for your family."

Chuck must have been laughing his ass off, because he openly manipulated the man he cuckolded into providing for his family. From a reader's perspective, we're still empathising with Jack that his wife cheated on him with this shitbag for no reason other than they thought they could get away with it... then suddenly he's forgiving Laura?

What the hell? Why?

After a conversation like that with Chuck, emotions would be stirred up and Jack would be reliving the unresolved trauma of his wife's infidelity. It beggers belief that he would then rush to forgive the dying asshole, then go home and screw his cheating wife, who is still letting everyone think he's a deadbeat husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WOW! That was unexpected.

None of the usual HDK humor. You been reading Jane Austen lately? I liked this one. Maybe a little over-wrought but SO much better than the usual drivel we've been getting lately in the LW section. I wonder. Did Randi edit this for you or have some significant input? Whatever. Well written and well played Sir! The Beatles were having a great run when this came out in 1963!

5 stars

enderlocke27enderlocke27about 4 years ago
hmm

i guess i enjoyed it enough but the characters were really shallow. every time two ppl interacting with each, felt like 2 super models

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A good forgiveness

A nice story of forgiveness.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveabout 4 years ago
Good Story

I don't usually like reconciliation stories but this was an exception. The party scene was pretty funny. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Excellent story

robinhodrobinhodabout 4 years ago

Thanks HDK,

back to your brilliant best.

COYSCOYSabout 4 years ago
Very Good

Good story, good characters. Didn’t mind the reconciliation, but the ending felt a little weak. Thank you

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years agoAuthor
I always hated when a writer commented

on his own story, but fuck it. I hate myself. I very much want to thank those who read my stories and comment. That is the best compliment I can get from readers. You care enough to comment. That is a goal I have when I write a story.

I especially appreciate those with user IDs who express an opinion. It doesn't have to be all unicorns and rainbows. Tell me what you liked and what you didn't. I am pleased that you showed the respect and consideration to identify yourself. I hold no rancor for those who point out errors and plot failures. That is why I allow comments.

Some ask why I allow anonymous comments. Many of them appear to be less than supportive, but that's fine, too. I actually look for my friend who offers his used condoms for a snack. I feel like we are old buddies. His comments, not his used condoms, are like comfort food. Even negative comments indicate the person viewed the story. I am all about views, comments and number of votes. This story has been out about16 hours and has garnered 1854 votes. That means more to me than the score. I am pleased so many readers cared enough to cast a vote.

There was plenty of valid criticism. As usual, one of the main complaints is the quick ending. I get that a lot. My endings seemed rushed to readers, but they are actually carefully considered. Jack visiting the man who cuckolded him was meant to show even Jack was not all peaches and cream. He had a side not seen by most. The fact Laura never told anyone she cheated was deliberate. Many think she needed to confess to make amends. My feeling is when a man loves a woman, he does not try to hurt her, or see her suffer. Jack was better equipped to suffer the slings and arrows than his wife was. He manned up.

Many readers feel real men take no prisoners, and hurt anyone who has hurt them. We get a lot of stories reflecting that. My observation is a person can post a truly shitty story and get a good score if the cheater suffers a lot. I admit I don't write that type of story much any more. I prefer a bit more reality and even civility. I look to writers like Ohio as examples of how a story should be told.

Randi did edit this for me. I saw we missed a "your" for you're" and apparently I screwed up a name. She caught more than a few of my mistakes and made the story better. I am flattered that this sounds like a Randi story to some, but it was all me, good, bad or indifferent. She told me the "fag cuck shit" term would be tossed around frequently.

I was trying to write a longer reconciliation story. In the end, Jack went a little bit crazy. It was out of character for him to be so impulsive and demonstrative, but he had been stewing for a long time. It was meant to be radical behavior for him. I felt Laura was redeemed. She never tried to deflect the blame or responsibility for her actions. She asked for nothing and accepted her fate, even as she hoped Jack would learn to love her again. This was exactly the story I wanted to tell.

Finally, I wish everyone the best possible health and financial stability in these most challenging of times. Thanks for reading. That's why I write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Kinda like a romance.

Very nice and well paced story and a happy ending. Nice to see another story from you. Thanks again.

fritz51fritz51about 4 years ago
Great job,

Deserves five star rating. Even though the plot was transparent from the first page, the ride that the reader got to take was worth the price of the tickets.

FenmeisterFenmeisterabout 4 years ago
Enjoyed it as usual!

Normal service is resumed in the UK universe!

You will never please everybody all of the time, but if HDK makes the effort to produce stories for me to enjoy - I will always be grateful.🤔

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 4 years ago
Heartwarming

HDK, that was - as always from you - a fun read. And despite being awarded a meh and a used condom by commenters so far, it was a very good one.

I really enjoyed the ... how can I put this ... the delicately unique way you handled the descriptions of the action in the fag-cuck-shit game of football, as I would previously have expected you to describe it. It was certainly entertaining, somewhat startling and completely eye-opening.

I really enjoyed the read and it's always good to see the king back on centre stage.

Thank you, sir. 5*

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfabout 4 years ago
5 *s

Great as always. Thanks for a good read.

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

If you’re looking for more stories by Mr. Knight, tune in again in early June. He’ll be participating in the “50 Ways to Leave Your Lover” story event.

.

Talented authors such as MsCherylTerra, Todd172, BurntRedstone and NoraFares will also be contributing stories and will be joined by at least one persistent hack (me).

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Oh boy

Another classic. Added to favorites and 5 stars. Thank you....loved it.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 4 years ago
As others have said...

Quality story, all boxes ticked and most entertaining. Not in your usual style but as you and BR are two of my great favourites I don't care who wrote it and thank you☺

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Needs another chapter

Needs another chapter with more children...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Diabetes alert

Some might describe it as yet another insipid tale of a woman completely devoid of responsibility, a narcissistic bimbo too cowardly to even defend the reputation of the husband she betrayed. But not me; I found it adorable. Truly a saccharine sweet Disneyesque tale worthy of a Hallmark Channel Christmas movie! Yes!

Gosh, it was so inspiring how everyone just loved everyone, everything is so civilized, so beautiful, so well behaved. Even the bad guy turned out to be a great guy! I think this is absolutely the best story ever written. Ever! Really!

ibbunkibbunkabout 4 years ago

Good story well told, as usual from this very good author. Thanks so much for sharing your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

He should have dumped the slut for her sister. When they bring them home to cheat btb. He should not have been the one to take the heat.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoabout 4 years ago

one of your best and such a great read! well done!

69gman69gmanabout 4 years ago
Nice...

I really enjoyed the story. I guess I'm a closet romantic.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 4 years ago
At first I couldn't believe HDK had written a 5 page story...

This was a little unusual for him, but I certainly hope he keeps it up. This was an excellent story, well written, and very well-plotted.

I gave him 1 star for each page. That makes 5 big ones from me. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

The last paragraph was like someone wrote the theme of the story out for a third grade level reader. But still gave it a 5 because it was a good story that I liked.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Beautiful

This was a great story, and an honor to read. HDK is an author's author with the ability to tell a complete story. This one was populated with great people that you would enjoy knowing. In fact, I'm only 15 years older than Kansas, so I'm going to wait for her, or maybe just find Kate. Thanks for a fun read.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 4 years ago

2* for wimpy cucky stereotypical badly-written story. Again, we have the husband finds out his slut wife is cheating and so runs away like a craven coward. Then he thinks he is divorced even though he never got served notice. Then he refuses to tell anyone why he left. This story was so bad, I stopped reading at end of page 3. If this all HDK can do, then he needs to stop. LW has had recent excellent stories that were original and strong. HDK needs lessons from them.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 4 years ago
Well done!

Thoroughly enjoyed this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice story from you!

6 years and a reconciliation, after she cheated . Both were still married ,which only could be done in this story. A different ending. Why would jack help the cheaters wife and son after his demise. This would be some kind of miracle in the real world we live in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
FORGET THE WHY AND HOW COME

Forget and forgive...the 2 hardest obstacles in any relationship, families included. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Incredible

As in, having no credibility. Not only that but I had to stop and drive myself to urgent care for an insulin shot halfway in. Definitely not the authors best. I didn’t even get how the title tied in to this mess.

penneydog55penneydog55about 4 years ago
Terrific

I loved it etc etc blah blah blah. 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 4 years ago
Well... who didn't see it coming?

I have yet to read a story where a couple is separated, but not divorced, for about five years or so, that doesn't end with them getting back together. Pretty much comes down to one simple fact: if they really wanted to get divorced, they would be divorced.

So yeah - 'never doubted for a second that Jack and Laura would patched things up.

They better go to couple therapy, though - those two definitely need it! And goddamn, woman - tell the truth to your parents! Lies, betrayal and deceit fucked up her marriage once, so 'more than time for her to set the truth free, and suffer the consequences of it, whatever they may be.

Ultimately, though, this is a sweet story about, of all things, moving on. For 6 years, those two were pretty much in arrested development, unable to move on from the destruction of their relationship (although, I really hope Jack didn't take, while away, the same vow of celibacy than his estranged wive - he didn't fucked up their marriage!) Took an adopted daughter and a dying asshole for them to get pass the hurt, but you can't help, but being happy they did.

Nice one, author. Thanks for the share.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A great plot idea, . . .

but something just doesn't work. Totally a Martian Slut Ray plot device, and that's always lame. Great husband, great wife, great family support and future. Then, shazam, she's Slutula for one night, with the campus top jock? Why didn't the asshole try to keep fucking her, and brag to the whole school how he had cucked another stupid husband with his giant cock. Hard to square the corners on this unbelievable premise.

But then you did make them so stupid and clueless that they didn't know if they were still married. And despite that they both are still single with no apparent significant other, they just presume the other filed for a legal divorce. No notice, no paperwork, both families live in the same small community but apparently no longer have any contact with each other. Gets more awkward the more I think about it.

Guess the real deal killer for me is that Laura allowed her betrayed husband to be the fall guy for the demise of their marriage. That totally undermines any rehabilitation of her maturity or morality. She should have completely confessed, to both sets of parents, and begged their forgiveness. Then she should have prevailed upon Jack's parents to tell her where he could be found so that she could try to make some sort of amends, or at least release him from the marriage she destroyed. Then, six years of maturing, owning her sin, and dedicating herself to be a good woman, teacher, and role model, then their reconnection would make some sense, even be romantic. The Me Tarzan You Jane final scene was embarrassing.

It was a decent effort, but doesn't bear up under scrutiny.

Thanks for the effort. It was good, but not very good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

hdk gets top marks

even when he mails one in. still a legend in his own mind.

Rw43Rw43about 4 years ago
Gotta tell you

It's a wonderful story, except....

For 2 adults who are in fantastic condition, the most attractive physical specimens in town, matured, well-respected, intelligent, great with young people, honorable, married and celibate for the last six years, and have been finagled by the 'daughter' they both love into sleeping together every night;

how the he!! do you have them reconcile in less than 30 minutes during a party with absolutely no description of the act of reconciliation? Isn't this still a porn site?

I've read more action in a PG13 romance novel than you gave us. Yes, we all love HDK's story, but dammit, at least give me a hard on!

If I don't get one from your story I've got to start checking out some of these more questionable authors, and I'm not sure that's healthy right now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Very nicely done, personally,I would have liked more dialogue from the death-bed conversations, that would have supported the choices you ended with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

But the ending was a bit stilted and hit more like a dud grenade! Still rates a 4+

johnadpjohnadpabout 4 years ago
Maybe Staying At Home Has Me Seeing Everything Opposite Of Everyone Else

I found most of the dialogue unnatural. People don’t talk that way. I found the whole story predictable. You saw where this was heading from page one.

I felt a great deal of the story contrived. He hasn’t told anyone of the wife’s cheating except his cousin and his TWELVE year old daughter in confidence. Why tell a 12 year old that when she had never met the ‘ex-wife’ and had no reason to meet her? I found the whole Chucky situation contrived and strange. How do people not know if they’ve been divorced or not? First time he meets up to talk to her after 6 years is to apologize something Kansas has said. How does he so readily agree to move in with her? How is he so easily the k to hang around Laura? Then our MC goes from a small businessman to billionaire where he is promising to take care of another man’s wife and child for the rest of their lives so casually. Oh, there is also fucking her for the first time while everyone is outside. What he thinks he is a Borgia all of a sudden?

The part that I actually did like was the last page. More specifically the message of the last page where he says he realized that he was hurting himself more by hanging on to his bad feelings, because he obviously still loved Laura and he wasn’t allowing himself to be a happy family with her.

Interesting to read the comments regarding that. More than one points out he had her in the perfect position to take revenge by having the semblance of a family without true love. It spoke to how much they didn’t get the message of the story. By merely having that semblance of a family without the full love, intimacy and companionship was also hurting himself and Kansas deeply as well. The old saying when about digging two graves when seeking revenge aptly applies here. Those commenters care more about the errant wife suffering than for the MC and Kansas being happy.

There should have been a better solution about not telling the town why he left. I agree everyone finding out about her cheating would have been a hindrance to everyone embracing their reunion. However, turning the table on him that he left for no good reason does the same thing. So, they needed to come up with a better story why he left.

The message at the end saved the story for me. I couldn’t do it, but more power to him that he could.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@Xilua - Minor correction: She wasn't his niece, her father was his father's cousin. Still a relative, if distant, and with her father's wishes, his getting her is a no-brainer. The system has enough hard-to-place children to mess with a good placement. Plus, nothing is said about whether the adoption was final or not. If it was, it would take a monumental effort to get it reversed; he'd have to be shown to be a pedophile and/or to have abused her.

@ohio, I'm sorry, but TRUE remorse would have her announcing to the gathering that it was her cheating that drove him off. Everyone STILL thinks he was an asshole!

@HDK - "She never tried to deflect the blame or responsibility for her actions." - She didn't HAVE to! Nobody was blaming her - she just stood there and let people continue to think bad of him. You say he's better equipped to handle it? Maybe, but he's already had to handle six years of it, including estrangement from his own parents.

@MightyHorny - agreed, except, she should have confessed to both of their parents.

sdc97230sdc97230about 4 years ago
I can see Jack deciding to give up on hate

But going from not having to resist Laura in bed because he's only tolerating her (her words) to suddenly being in love with her again seems like a big leap to me.

And there is also the matter of everyone they know still believing that Jack just abandoned his wife for no good reason.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great Story

Yes, it was rather predictable but very very enjoyable. Four+ stars.

You missed 5 stars with the cave man move at a party with early teens in attendance.

Well, at least it didn't go the Laura was drugged route.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Greatly Entertaining!

This is a greatly entertaining story that is very well written! It does have one flaw in Laura's character, she cowardly allows every one to think that Jack abandoned her, keeping her adultery a secret. That's the act of a very selfish person who is a hypocrite and doesn't really love her husband as she claims. She puts her reputation above her husband's, when he is totally innocent and she is a secret sinner!!!

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 4 years ago
Interesting,

There is no Beatles song titled “Ask me why.” Well, had to use them all one day I guess

kirei8kirei8about 4 years ago
A good "feel good" story

But her excuse for cheating (in their marital bed no less) was very very weak and in the grand scheme of things not forgivable. Doing it for the kid, yes, but doing it for himself, no! Sorry. I really thought the deathbed confession was going to involve date rape drugs...but I was wrong

Masterpuppy2974Masterpuppy2974about 4 years ago
By the way

Yes he normally uses Beatle songs but " Slip out the back , Jack" is from 50 ways to leave your lover.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What has happened to HDK?

I only was able to get through the first two pages, I would have sworn it was written by a gossipy woman with waaay to much free time on her hands! Over emotional B.S.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@dunmovyniv - There IS a "TELL Me Why" by the Beatles. HDK, either goofed or simply liked this title better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just okay

This is not one of your best efforts. I didn’t like Jack’s character; his degree of anger and hatred was excessive considering over six years had passed since his discovery. Also, your story’s title was not referenced in any way in the narrative.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who have trespassed against us

How many of those who have commented on how terrible this story is and complained that Jack was a cuck have said those words themselves?

They were apart for six years, and while them both remaining celibate for all that time, when both were described as the best looking people in the area seems a bit of a stretch — a plot device which made the story easier — penance has been paid.

One commenter complained that this was Martian Slut Ray cheating, because no real reason was given, but, realistically that’s how most affairs, whether one night stands or something longer, begin. Horny people, attraction and opportunity, and not much more thought goes into it. The old maxim that women need a reason while men only need a place tells us that we accept the notion that, for men, attraction and opportunity are all that’s required; well, that works for some women as well.

SoaringCloudsSoaringCloudsabout 4 years ago
I wouldn't say it's a flaw

The flaw in Laura's character isn't a flaw in the story. Sure, it makes the story go a way that the reader gets upset about, but that's the point. It draws out more emotion in the reader and adds depth to the character. It makes her more real, because a real person would act that way. It's definitely a plus, not a flaw.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years agoAuthor

Ask Me Why’ was first released as the b-side of The Beatles’ second single ‘Please Please Me’ in 1963. Later that year it appeared on the album of the same name. (I tried to post this earlier, but have not seen it surface.)

'Tell me why' you people didn't know that, or were unable to find it with the help of Google. It is a Beatle song. Apologies accepted. Thanks for reading.

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 4 years ago
@sbrooks103x

Hdk has already written a story named “Tell me why”.

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 4 years ago
An idea for Hdk

If you’ve run out of titles, you could use lyric lines, “a dirty story of a dirty man”, “it’s been a long cold lonely winter.”, “you know you made me cry”, “I only send you my invitations”, or “many times I’ve been alone”, or , well you get it.

patilliepatillieabout 4 years ago
You played it straight

And just told a story. Earnest effort and solid. But it lacked the humor which you inject into most of your better tales.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 4 years ago
Another good one!

I have come to expect nothing less!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

I owe HDK an apology, I took dunmovyniv at his word that there was no Beatles song "Ask Me Why," and didn't check it for myself. I assumed it was a goof of "Tell Me Why" forgetting that HDK had already used it.

I will be more careful in the future.

Mea culpa.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years agoAuthor
@Sbrooks

Thanks. I appreciate it.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 4 years ago
Kansas

Ad Astra per Aspera,

Yes, I'm a native.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
It was ok.

Not your best job tbh, But it's a very well told story. I think Laura should have confessed what she did at least to her parents. Letting him carry the blame for her actions stop being reasonable as soon as she started being part of his life again.

That doesnt show remorse at all, just that's she is still a selfish person.

Not a really convincing reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very nice read but Jack should twist the knife

Very good read and really enjoyed it. I am a 'mild' BTB fan over RAAC so perhaps that's why it feels some extra ingredient may spice it up for me (I also love spicy foods). I felt that twisting the knife on Chuck by making him feel even worse (of course he's a dying man and nothing may make him feel worse) and making Laura own up in front of everyone in the party before they make up would be satisfying. But that's just me. Anyway it's just my preference but it was a good read. Thank you

green117green117about 4 years ago
Hummm.... how many times must a man make a comment

before it is clear he is an idiot?

I may find out -

Anyway, I'd like to thank HDK for going over some of his motivations and process with this story - one gets used to a particular modus operandi and can neglect a wide enough point of view when the assumption is no longer valid.

A serious piece then? Or at least a drama more than comedy... I can see it. Not so bad... it does make me wonder where the shadow HDK would reside in the story. If so, then my condolences.

As for strategies, busting out of old, stodgy mechanisms feels good and can get things moving again - but "You, Me, Fuck Now" doesn't have a good history of working. Although, 6 years celibate is a long time. Mostly, precipitous action tends to stimulate precipitous action... but there is no guarantee that the couple will have the same precipitous direction.

And... I don't know... don't you think that 6 years of guilt might make for a >leetle< bit of resentment?

But! You are the author, and therefore God in this cartoon graveyard (and by the way, I did appreciate the advertisement for the next invitational in the subtitle, praise be to P. Simon), and your choices are by definition canonical. So, in that light, I should apologize for criticizing the teen girl meme - even if I think it is cornier than Kansas, it is what it is.... geez, now my mind is filled with an image of an old guy dressing up as a teen girl... that is, after all, what characters tend to be, n'est ce pas?

Gah!

I better stop digging this hole. In any event, thanks again for giving us your stories, and my apologies for not getting the jokes that creep in despite serious intent.

Green-something

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessabout 4 years ago
Too much soccer

"I have a daughter. It’s cool, I guess, to some degree. She plays sports, but… she plays soccer. Do you know how boring 13-year-old girls’ soccer is? The same exact boring as adult men’s professional soccer. Extraordinarily. Three hours for 0-0 scores. But you got to support. I show up for the last five minutes of the game, and I run up, and I’m like, “All right, I’m here, I love you. You shouldn’t feel abandoned. You don’t have to blow everybody. Here's some money, I'll help you with your homework. But, God, I can’t watch this whole game.”

- Big Jay Oakerson

lujon2019lujon2019about 4 years ago

Thats not how adoptions work, should a dying only relative of a child work with the social services and a lwyer to transfer guardianship of his child to a relative the government isnt going to care.

And should some busy body call child services on a man they are going to investigate regardless of his marital status

Statistically a pedophile with a child under his legal guardianship is MORE likely to be married

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Lujon

Thanks but nobody cares

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Justice served?

Laura is the one that screwed up yet she allowed and continued to allow everyone to believe that Jack walked out on her. She should have been made to come clean. I thought Jack was going to require her to fess up when he walked into the party.

It was a well written story, or I wouldn't be annoyed about her getting off relatively Scot free.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I don't do reconciliation at all...

therefore, I DID NOT VOTE!

jesemmojesemmoabout 4 years ago
Good Story

You've got some hard unforgiving critics that refuse to accept possibilities. I know the story was fiction, but the events were real and I respected the way Jack handled the situation. You brought the story to a conclusion that had to be. Mistakes and poor judgments happen everyday, as you concluded the only one suffering is the one who seek revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
RAAC is ....

.... what a writer uses to camouflage a cheating WHORE wife Apologist agenda.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 4 years ago
All other things being equal, I'm bothered by one sentence...

"It was going to be my one fling."

As if to say, "Everyone deserves one chance to cheat and this was going to be mine."

He gives her forgiveness but she doesn't really do any penance... in reality, not only did she cheat (for no *good* reason) but she effectively lied by omission to everyone for, effectively, ever. Never owned up to it being her fault and why...

shalpa64shalpa64about 4 years ago

Chuck's weak-assed offer of some payback that he plainly states "won't hurt me in the least" was worth absolutely nothing. If he felt so guilty, why not do something about it as soon as Jack returned? I fear I'd have said "No, I don't forgive you. Go rot in hell", snd left. All the visits did was relieve his guilt, if he ever truly felt any.

As far as Laura not confessing, she definitely should have, and without having to be asked or told to. This lack just shows that she's basically still as weak as she was all those years ago. I feel that Jack would have still taken her back, but her refusal to atone will eat at him, I think...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Decent

Decent story,far better than your Lady in Red ramblings which you should be finishing in stead of writing here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Generic RAAC story

Lost interest when it was obvious that was just a contrived reconciliation in the making, hammering the forgiveness button hard.

You should have written about him finding someone new, rather than go back to the cheating wife. Might actually have been decent if it had been about Kansas finding him a new wife.

And too much maudlin bullshit, meeting the dying cockhound was especially cringeworthy. And a dying man is the cheapest and most cliched way to engender forgiveness

This story should just have been left in the discarded pile where it belonged. Please rewrite or delete this, don't care which.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

WHY does this ass of a 'writer' continually have UNDER AGE CHILDREN involved in their sex life, it's NOT okay and quite frankly sick. Can't remember the story but it was approved when the father sent their UNDERAGE CHILDREN pornographic images of their mother.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years agoAuthor

I find it both amazing, yet not really surprising, that a person coming to read Literotica is upset thinking of children seeing their mother naked, like it is perverted or a crime against nature. This guy needs to report all the stories on Lit of people at nude beaches. He believes I am sick because I think it is a part of normal family life, not sexual and not perverted. I believe the readers can determine for themselves which point of view is "frankly sick". I cannot respond directly to the dude since he is anonymous, as you might expect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good Story

But damn, there’s some hard cased comments here on this story. I’ll admit I generally lean towards the BTB school of thought but I like to think I’m pragmatic enough, or open minded enough to realize that a reconciliation can sometimes be in everyone’s best interest. Anyway, I liked the story, although I would have liked to have seen (or read) Laura’s parents’reaction when she told them she cheated on Jack. That would’ve been worth the price of admission. Still a Five star story in my book though. Thanks, HDK.

DDAY55DDAY55about 4 years ago
Anons

I may be making a rash generalization but an awful lot of the anon commenters are totally clueless. I have come to believe that most of them have never been in love, in fact, I don't think they have ever been laid. They don't know shit from shinola. Young girls know a good deal more about how to deal with adult situations than I do.

Tough to get by seeing and hearing your wife getting nailed by another guy. She seems to have grownup in the six year separation. Stranger things...

Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Another great effort!

Another reliably good submission. Thank you!

NitpicNitpicabout 4 years ago
Decent

Decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This was good story...even on my second reading

What amazes and disappoints me, though, is the childishness of many the anons here with "handles" and how they behave like a middle school clique regarding anons without handles. I've read a lot of comments, and I fail to see, on average, any difference between the comments by the anons with handles and the anons without handles. The sheer peurility of the criticism of the anons who don't want to be databased reminds me of Dr. Seuss's story about "Sneetches" - those with stars and those without. Grow the fuck up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
more stories please.

Another good story. Please don't be discouraged by the nay sayers. I would be happy to see LiR part 4 appearing soon (hint, Hint, HINT) but very happy to see more from you at any time in any category. Thank you for the pleasure you bring to so many.

Deprived891Deprived891almost 4 years ago
Not Finished.

Still need to for the truth to come out about Laura, and Kansas.

A test of their reconcile.

desikdesikalmost 4 years ago
sweet revenge

Well done, man, even without much of sexual scenes!Liked it!

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

desik said sweet revenge

What revenge? She was a lying cheating whore and he took her back so he didnt lose his daughter

As far as the whole world is concerned he is an abandoning asshole and she is a saint for taking him back

SkibumSkibumalmost 4 years ago
To Anonymous (6/6/20)

Sorry, but you are incorrect, sir. Football is played on a gridiron, by behemoths clad in plastic armor. It is a poem of violent action to gain/defend ground. What the rest of the world calls “football” is ,in fact, a pleasant game, but of totally different tactics, strategy, and objectives. Football is not named for the use of the feet only, but more for the shape of the ball. If soccer were truly named for the use of feet only, why are players allowed to use the head?

Btw, great story. One of the best by one of the best!

BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandtalmost 4 years ago
An enjoyable read...

...as always. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Love is better then Revenge

You have another tear jerker here. In my life I am at a place that I need to forgive some folks that are still doing me dirty. The hate and vengeance thing is definitely not working for me. Maybe I should reconsider my current situation, forgiveness is sounding better and better. It may not be a Rainbows and Unicorns ending to my story but what have I got to loose? Life goes on...

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 4 years ago
Uh huh. Well written and I enjoyed

Enough said

WvrjjrWvrjjralmost 4 years ago
Another 5*

HDK, you are by far one of the best on these Literotica pages.

Really enjoyed this one. I’m a sucker for a happy ending.

Thanks for writing

Wayne (from FB)

TrollTureTrollTurealmost 4 years ago
Football! Indeed!

@Skibum and his reply to "Anonymous (6/6/20)"

Why do you fixate on the exclusive use of the feet? Who said that? Football (or soccer to you) players are allowed to use feet, head and yes, even their hands at a throw-in, not to mention the goalie! But I'd guess that something like 98% of a football (soccer) game is played with the feet, so it's not that far out to call it FOOT-ball.

But it is pretty hilarious that Americans call their sport "Football" (shape of the ball, my foot! (pardon the pun) .. yeah... sure! who the heck has feet like that?!) when, I believe 1, says one player on the team actually uses his feet! And that's just on some special plays, such as kick-offs, punts. so the percentage is probably the reverse in American football, with 98% or so of a game played using the hands.

Calling that football IS more surprising. As strange as if (European) football was called handball.

And lest I forget: I liked the story a lot. Thanks Harddaysknight!

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
AT THE END 1 DOOR CLOSES WHILE THE WORLD SPINS

right into a new old life with additions and addendum. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
remick

Read comments vi sa v soccer and football the game of football in America comes greatly from the Gaelic FOOTBALL BROUGHT BY THEIR IRISH TRADITIONS IT PRE DATES ANY ENGLISH FOOTBALL AND WAS PLAYED WITH THE HEADS OF THIER ENEMYS. SO DONT KNOCK IT OR ELSE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
One Final Problem

If Laura had admitted what she had done so the people would know Jack wasn’t an asshole, I think things would have resolved better. The Bible says to receive forgiveness that you must acknowledge your sin and ask forgiveness from the person you sinned against.

hjo3hjo3almost 4 years ago
Great idea for a story

Loved the plot. This story could easily be 10 pages. Don't let anyone ever say the storyteller rambled.... it's called storytelling!!! Keep posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Jack is back ... mascular and flexible

Good plot ruined by corny dialogues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fantastic Story 5 STARS

Thank You; for writing, truly ENJOYED this story.

Plz. Write more.....

ErotFanErotFanalmost 4 years ago
Another fine HDK tale

I'm happy to see you're still writing and in the LW genre. You keep writing them and I'll keep reading them. Deal?

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 4 years ago
Great Story

The only thing I don't understand is that Laura never took responsibility for her infidelity. Especially, after Jack forgave her she should have least told her parents so they would quit blaming Jack. I think Kate knew or at least suspected. I can just see it now, Jack's mom and Laura's parents get into a big fight at Christmas dinner each blaming the other's child for the six year delay of grandchildren. As usual, great read

msavagewagmsavagewagalmost 4 years ago

A good story it pulled at my heartstrings and made my eyes leak!

It was also very disappointing....lack of sex!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories