All Comments on 'Ask Me Why'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 664 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I loved this story, as it's one of my favorites. The only thing I didn't care for was the character Chuck, the guy who had sex with Laura 6 years prior, as he never got his punishment for breaking up their marriage (never got his ass or balls kicked).

Gave it 5 stars. I'd like to see a part 2 to find out how Kansas got on, and if she had any siblings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was Lame! Everyone was so perfect and so beautiful la la la! A long RAAC story with no real punishment for the cheating slut. But when hubby is such a Saint boyscout that's about all you'll get.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I would love for just one time the morons on this site would stop sucking this shit writers cock.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing this story. Love happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pathetic!!!

leofric35leofric35almost 2 years ago

Like this one a lot. I know the BTB crowd will hate the lack of punishment but sometimes it just right to get to the end and feel good. Great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great to get a story about real people working out their lives in a real world.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

This is how it should have ended. Good tale.

cybertron84cybertron84almost 2 years ago

Second time reading this still like it

tony9inchtony9inchalmost 2 years ago

Honestly speaking, I liked this story... but was hoping for a bit more, The setup was great, but for someone that's been angry for 6 years he gave really easy. It was anti-climactic. I'm a BTB fan, but I didn't feel the need to punish Laura, you set it up brilliantly, avoided too much detail on the affair, but then there was no final Event that brought everything to a head.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Jack would have done better if he told Chuck he was going to make his widow and his son suffer. They'd never have jobs, nor credit nor any benemerence from anybody. Chuck would die in terror. That's what he deserved. Revenge should be against Chuck, not against Laura.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFirealmost 2 years ago

Really the only thing I don’t like about this story is Laura never took any responsibility and seemed content with letting an entire town turn her husband into the bad guy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The common thread in this story? Jack is a pussy. At every tough turn, he wimped out and took the easy way. He should have told the bastard who banged his wife, he would be forgiven when he banged his wife with his son playing on the bed next to them.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 2 years ago

I'd have told Chuck I was going to arrange an accident for his kid, use the double death tragedy to turn his wife into my personal slut, get her hooked on drugs and pimp her out

DuncanitaDuncanitaalmost 2 years ago

Love wins, yeey! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The base problem here is that both main characters are wholly unsympathetic. On the one hand an entitled slut who can't keep her knees together and works hard to make sure her partner is blamed. On the other a simpering cuck who lets that happen, participates in it even, and won't defend himself in any way. 1 * because there are no negative numbers.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitalmost 2 years ago

Reconciliation

does NOT undo her CRIME! She violated the marriage contract, and defied one of the Ten Commandments

She ADMITTED that she HAD wanted a FLING with the college Romeo/ Heartthrob footballer, EVEN though she was "Happily Married! to "Our Hero"! She cheated on her ideal husband, practically perfect in every way, to whom she had pledged her Troth until her dying day, -cheating on him with some miserable feckless low-life skirt-chasing, notch-carving Lothario? What use would ANYONE have for some feckless wife who has already betrayed him in the worst possible way? This "Wonderful-Wimp", this fine chiselled fit and toned man who had every Tart in Tennessee tipping her tail at him, ignores everyone to take back up with a PROVEN cheater?

Not all that bright, is he? Will he ever learn?

nawtdognawtdogalmost 2 years ago

This one made me REALLY TIRED of the "great guy" that gets cheated on. The whole him leaving town without letting everyone know she was cheating (including his family and close friends???), is like the stories of the guy who just want the 50/50 split even though the wife is screwing around.

He leaves town taking the blame with him showing us what a great guy he is... I want some stories with some petty and/or vindictive shit done to the cheating spouse and lover!!!! I don't need the full BTB violence or kidnapped to Mexico. But, FUCK!!!! Having your heart ripped out by the one you love, does make you want the person responsible for it to feel that pain too!

But instead there are these stories where the guy just wants to get on with his life without causing the ex any type of grief, even though she STOMPED on his heart and trashed their love...

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodynealmost 2 years ago

I just reread it. It gets better every time I read it. Even old Chuck was redeemed. There is some good in most people.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyalmost 2 years ago

The comments of nawtdog, Dicksnugfit and the Anonymous next to the latter are valid in my opinion, I agree with them.

An additional stepping stone and pivoting point for me emerges when Laura confesses her motive for fucking Chuck. It would have deminished my hatred for Cuck somewhat, because Laura's narration made it clear as daylight that she felt an urge to put one over him, to fuck someone she deemed a better man than her husband for any reason. If the betrayal hadn't happened with Chuck, it were about to happen with someone else, at some other time. Knowing that made me resent her even more.

She also had to show him the ultimate disrespect by doing it on the marital bed. Another rough edge is when Laura says, she learned the difference between sex and making love by fornicating with Chuck. I find that rather disconcerting instead of the opposite, since Jack recalled her enthusiastic participation.

Yet HDK uses the same "trick" as many others who try to sell similar tear jerkers to us. The betrayal is only existing in retrospectives, and in the now the cheater is a beautiful angel who underwent a metamorphosis from Saulus to Paulus, figuratively speaking.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

CUCKADOODLEDOO

LAURA WAS A CHEATING SKANK AMD THC WAS A WIMPY CUCK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the great ones!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

From what source does Jack get all the money he spends over the course of of the story? He left with nothing, went to live with his cousin and worked as a yoga instructor and personal trainer for 4 to 5 years. That was does not add up to sponsorship (including room and board) of the soccer team, building an addition to Laura's house and establishment of a trust fund for Chuck's wife and son. The estate left by the owner of a local gym/dojo in a small town would not be the answer. HDK silently conjures up a magical universe where hundreds of thousands of dollars just appear when needed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too short

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Whe will the Vatican announce that Jack is being considered for sainthood?

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

What's so frustrating is that HDK does their best to build up these protagonists who are 100% Masculine Personas. Then through clever plot narrative always ends up with them EATING SHIT!

Let's be honest create the most wonderful, delightful, beautiful and virtuous woman you want. Then she knowingly cheats on her faithful husband and fucks some other guys brains out? Everything that came before is now irrelevant if you were a law abiding citizen for 99.9% of your life and then MURDER SOMEONE YOUR STILL GUILTY.

Durken82Durken82almost 2 years ago

Good story, but it definitely ended too soon. There was a lot more that need to be told. Plus, I am not sure what the title of the story refers to.

Durken82Durken82almost 2 years ago

Also, did Kansas or Kate setup a fake report about her adoption being nullified? We never saw anyone and I cannot imagine that a single visit to school would suffice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this story more please

tarkabukktarkabukkover 1 year ago

A great story, what an excellent job

Thank you for sharing

waltdeewaltdeeover 1 year ago

Great story, well told. It could use an epilogue, IMHO.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of my favorite tales, thank you HDK!

somewhere east of Omaha

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Not My Cup of Tea (2 Stars)

While I feel this is one of the best written stories I have ever read, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I do love the way HDK writes their stories. I do hope they continue to write.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Whilst its a good story she did do wrong. I would have still needed to divorce her to remarry her. It won't make sense to many but for me a clean start would have been needed. It is good that Kansas had a female to help her grow up. That said I was only raised by my mother and never suffered having no father in my life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too long

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would have liked it much more if the bitch told her parents she was a cheating whore who was solely responsible for her husband’s leaving her. Then reconciliation would be possible rather than the parents’s believing a lie about Jack. Also it would have been even better if the guy who ruined Jack’s marriage died without being permitted to die Apollo to Jack. Life involves karma, but not this story has none

RileyKingRileyKingover 1 year ago

Great story…..loved the characters and story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There's a lot to like about this story, but I wish the author had found a more creative plot device that the "cute, wise-beyond-her-years" daughter character to catalyze the reconciliation. Still, it's a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It was a very fantastic story and we'll written

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nonsense. The dialogue was contrived. Plot line wasn't believable at all.

Who breaks up a marriage...moves away for 6 years...never speaks one time and neither party intiates divorce proceedings?

All in their early to mid 20s?

Then with very little contact or discussion about her cheating and practically no "getting to the bottom of their issues" suddenly they are conveniently having to move in together? Not only moving in together but suddenly sleeping together in a queen sized bed? What-the-actual-fuck?

Like there aren't other options? Like they don't own a couch? Or they cannot go buy a fold out sleeper couch for him to sleep on at night? With little discussion at all they just start sleeping together. But since they are wearing pajamas there won't be any intimacy?

And the guy she fucked? Big strong healthy athlete? He is conveniently dying a painful death and asks to see him on his deathbed to seek forgiveness?

And eve though he says he hardly knew who he was...and he was just looking for some pussy...now he knows all about the MC and talks him into forgiving the estranged cheating wife like some kind of marriage counselor guru? On his death bed? Right. Sure.

Again. Nonsense.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

While Jack may have or may not have forgiven Chuck. The fact is that even though Chuck was an asshole at the time he seduced Laura and it was definitely a dick move to go after a married woman, Chuck didn't break any vows. Laura did.

Laura broke her vows for no other reason than she could and she didn't think she'd get caught. Her explanation of Chuck being the BMOC and she was nobody other than a married woman. Hell, she doesn't even have the excuse of she was getting old and wasn't feeling attractive anymore so getting hit on by another guy was an ego boost. She was only 21 and everyone in the story describes her as looking like a supermodel with more curves. So, she basically had it all and decided she wanted some extra and didn't think she would ever get caught.

Despite Jack's continued attraction to Laura and possibly still even loving her there's really no reason for him to ever forgive what she did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OK so this is my third read. Enjoyable little tale but again what still stands out is that they both are described as being extremely beautiful people. He has a hard chilled body, kind, successful. She has matured to a level headed adult, extremely good looking, well respected and liked. Yet neither has had anyone else in their life for 6 years and they are in their twenties? No way. Neither goes for the divorce. You would expect he would. Why not? Before the adoption process even begins he would have. If anything, after the adoption is final he could and no one would remove the child.

Lastly, it was never explained why he would not tell anyone the truth about how she cheated. For six years it never came up? Why not even in the family get together. Doesn't have to go public outlet the family know she was wrong and not him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just another dressed up cuck story. She didn't even have the decency to admit what she had done.

NickCaveNickCaveover 1 year ago

It's easy to see how neither has had another relationship in 6 years. It doesn't matter if they're good-looking for not. Jack was devastated. The only woman he ever wanted as he said to Chuck near the end. And she fucking destroyed him. Do you really think he was looking to open his heart to another woman after walking in on his wife being fucked in his own bed? And Laura was in her own type of devastation for knowing what she just did to the man that she loved. Neither of them filed for divorce thinking the other would just take care of it. It goes to show that neither had any interest in moving on to a new partner in life.

He never told anyone that it was Laura who cheated because he lives by some weird, southern, old-school code where he didn't see any reason for putting his business out there for everyone to see. If people know she cheated, Jack is now the cuckold who wasn't even man enough to do something about a man fucking his wife in his own bed...I'm sure that's what he was thinking people would be saying and thinking behind his back. This way, no one knew for sure what really caused him to leave. Plus, for as much as he was devastated, he still loved Laura. He didn't see what good it would do for him to blow up her reputation when he just wanted to leave the area anyway. Maybe if he stayed in that same town his attitude may have changed...

The one thing that I don't like about this story is once Jack is back and they see each other a few times here or there and people are starting to talk in Laura's family and I'm sure people around town were starting to talk about Jack the Cheater being back in town...Laura should have stepped up and said, "NO! STOP IT! I'm the reason he left. I cheated on Jack and he caught me in bed with someone so stop blaming him." By her continuing to allow people to assume Jack cheated or left her for another woman shows how fucking selfish Laura still behaves. Especially when she's obviously putting it out there that she wants Jack back so badly. She should have swallowed her fucking pride and said to anyone who would listen, "Jack is such an honorable man that he never let anyone know that I was a cheating slut cunt and that is why he left me high and dry. Jack didn't do anything wrong. I did."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Probably one of the BEST I've ever read, nice job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree with NickCave, also some of the comments Laura made in the company of her own family should have given them the clues that she was responsible for her marital breakdown, but her parents were so self satisfied that their daughter was so perfect that she couldn't possibly be the cause of the problem. You'd at least think the sister having some intelligence would add up the clues from her sister and get the right answer, what a deluded set of Asshats and yes she should have told the truth at least to her family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Still hiding from her family and friends her betrayal of marriage and husband. Demanding he accept whatever she decides to do and take the blame. Lovely main character!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked this story a lot. The dying philanderer was right in the end. If the husband could forgive the "asshole", then he had to forgive his wife. MInd you, most married men would have left like he did, But after six years, and they being so young, one would think forgiveness might be in order, considering he never did divorce her. The only part I question is like many have said. The wife never confessed her part in the destruction of the marriage by her infidelity to her parents or sister. She might have had reason not to reveal it publicly given the small community and the negative impact to her profession there. To leave it to her family to put the blame on the husband privately was a stain against her character. But still, one of this author's better stories. But I am an old man of 69, so am perhaps not the best judge. I would like to think that the dying offender gave him the final dignity of a choice. People can be capable of great magnanimity when offered a moral choice about something they care about.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - I like this story.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Decent

Decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Such a strange and unlikely story about unlikely characters how behave in completely unlikely ways. Yet i liked it enough to finish the whole story. There was a promise of smoldering romance, which was fulfilled in a less than convincing conclusion, yet the writing is good. Don't know what to make of it. Fives stars for skill, four stars for plot?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Liked the story, but the ending seemed to abrupt and trite. I didn't answer the question: "Tell me this, Jack. I hurt you almost beyond your ability to endure. How can you forgive a miserable bastard like me, yet not find it in your heart to forgive a woman who loves you like Laura does? What have I done to gain your forgiveness that she hasn't? "

Simple answer, he was dying and Jack had the decency not to piss on his grave because of the innocent surviving family. Basic decency. Now Jack's wife? Not so simple. People can forgive even the worst actions given circumstances and a choice. But that doesn't imply staying together. His final actions with a wife after several years don't add up. After this long living apart, just giving in and taking her back implies not just forgiving but forgetting, and it just sounded forced. The adopted daughter as a vehicle of this seems contrived, since she was not THEIR natural daughter, but his adoptive foundling on behalf of a very close friend. And the bit about the parents not even suspecting something deeper was also not plausible. Nice story but not the author's best work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, I loved it! The woman could have been a little less self-flagellating and the man a little less self-righteous, but all in all, it was a nice uplifting story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I still think this is a great story and I understand how she didn't want to tell everyone that she cheated on him. However, she really owed it to him when he moved into her house. She should have removed that cloud and every other aspect of the story could have stayed the same. She should have cleared the air with their families.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

When did the fact someone feels guilty about shitting all over you somehow necessitate you forgiving them aka forget it happened and just pretend everything is fine?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it, I wish there were more like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, all based on a lie. To bad.

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 1 year ago

This as a great story told by a wonderful story teller. I loved how the story ended and the role Chuck had in the story. This story makes me thankful for my loving wife and family. They are truly my pride and joy and the most wonderful thing in the world to me. In this story, Jack and Laura feel the same way and I am sure there will be no more cheating in this family. Wonderful story and five stars for sure!!!

Norseman123Norseman123over 1 year ago

I forgave my first wife the first time and took my son with me the second time my son no longer speaks to his mother and won't let her see her two grandchildren, the second man she cheated with lasted three months and subsequent partners even less she now lives on her own with no family at age sixty-five. So, fuck her cheating soul.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Yeah! Second or third reading. Thanks to a friend I correspond with I found this tory again as I had forgotten the name. Well this was one case where one and done didn't seem to be the case but it took a conniving daughter and sister to mend the wounds. Revenge is never the answer all though a good BTB story is somewhat satisfying to us guys who have faced adversity with wives who think we aren't worth much anymore..............

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Did the wife ever reveal that it was she who had cheated? Without that admission to family and the public, this is a pretty useless story.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneover 1 year ago

Very enjoyable story. i think that last paragraph bought you the fifth star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is one of my favorites. I first read it about a year ago, and a couple of times since. It always gives me a good feeling reading it and it also reminds me of what's important in life.

I gave it 5 stars.

ThejmanltThejmanltover 1 year ago

Kinda pissed that people will always assume that he just left, and the truth wasn’t revealed. Sure, have them make up, that’s great and all, but the reason they broke up will always be a lie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A masterful story told well! #1-I don't usually read long stories but this one was an exception. #2-I usually like BTB stories but this one left me with tears in my eyes. it's nice when something good can come out of something that begins so tragically.

mfbridgesmfbridgesover 1 year ago

I guess the truth could have came back. But why start the bad feelings when everyone is ready to forgive and forget. Might take 6 years again for things to be were they are now.

vanyevanyeover 1 year ago

Very unsatisfying ending. While not blabbing everything to the town, an explanation to both families at least should have been explored.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

LOL The preacher.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Too much politeness. To the point the story becomes about fake selflessness.

Wrong category. Should be "Fetish" - caring about others, more than oneself.

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year ago

I don’t get all the whining comments. Shit happens, people change, six years pass, circumstances change, but, in their case, love had only remained suspended. Great, feel good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A soap opera

leofric35leofric35over 1 year ago

I agree with Texican1830. The story just reflects what happens over time with SOME relationships. It’s well written as usual by HDK and is a good read with an uplift at the end which is good for change and shouldn’t get some of the negative comments it has had. Lit is a big enough place to find almost anything you want - if you don’t like one story or author just move on to the next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ok story. However, it's missing her confession. That's what keeps it from being a great story. So, I can only give it a 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WTF. This is story about life. We may not like it but stuff like this does happen. It's no different than political stories. I'm sure we've all been upset when our candidate loses a tight race but we jump for joy when they win a close one. Jeez, some folks need to get a life. It must be nice to be perfect. It's like the line from an old Ricky Nelson song about a garden party. "You can't please everyone so you've got to please yourself. "

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written and tightly plotted and designed. The writing deserves a 5, even though I'm not personally a fan of RAAC stories. Things fall down a bit when the main female character demands the protagonist take full blame for her infidelity, and he does so. That feels a bit didactic -- this is how things should be, protect the little woman even if that means lying. Nope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don't like this one. At all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Texican 1830 is way off on a few things. People do still willingly and intelligently at 18 or 19 or20 years old. We were 22 and 24 when we got married. We realize now we wasted 4-5 years. I’m not sure where this waiting until your 30 crap comes from. Hanging around in bars and fucking strangers for 10 years? Having kids with 2 or 3 women before marrying “your true love” that really helps the solidity of a marriage. In fact that half assed excuse is part of what lead to her fucking around. It’s why we have all these sorry assed politician’s in state and federal government. Committ

All that getting married at 30-35 leads to is two people who for 10-14 years have created independent lives, independent jobs, and then when the kids are 35 and start having grandkids what are you going to do? Wheel over and watch them play from your wheelchair? Burns said it best “ Come grow old with me the best is yet to come”. Even on this site of fantasy and sometimes weirdness as a group of writers and readers we must think of society as a whole at least a little.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars and yes the RAAC met the rules.

My wife and I got married at 18. We are now at 74 years and still counting.

We have 4 children and 10 grandchildren plus a new great granddaughter.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
This

Was a great story

Janrene3Janrene3over 1 year ago

A happy end - I just love it; and the story.

Thanx

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Causde that's what you do when you love someone enough to promise your life to them.

Jump in the sack with the first attractive chad that comes along behind your husbands back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A feel good story, EXCEPT...The wife cheated and destroyed her husband, apparently without him giving her any reason for the betrayal. The husband does not kill her or her lover, yet the wife allows her parents and the town to believe he is the bad guy. She makes him a cuck, yet she acts to her family and the community as the if she is the one wronged for 5 or 6 years! I find it hard to believe a man could take such a woman back.

An interesting story, with some elements of good writing, but not believable. A two.

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Great Story!! I loved it!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When she screwed Harding, Laura was an idiot who succomed to the temptation of an apparent alpha male. She was determined to better herself by combining her genes with the alpha male's. Not an excuse, just a woman's instinct taking over. In her mind at the time, her husband did not measure up, even thought he was the far superior specimen. At the time, husband walked away, rather than going to prison. However, the story falls a little short, in that, though wife expressed some remorse, she did not appear to fully accept her responsibility and make amends. Maybe that portion was confusing, or mis-understood. In any event, it is good to see a story where the good guy wins in the end, thanks to his adopted daughter and his cheating wife's sister.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He was expected to trust Ripley. However, there is no evidence that she will not leave again. Why are men expected to trust a woman that has betrayed them? Can anyone explain that? Is it because women know that female pheromones result in dementia in the human male?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Went back too many pages.

Doombot80Doombot80over 1 year ago

I liked this story, but I honestly wanted to like it more than I did. I feel like the premise is really good, but the actual motivations of the characters are weak. We never really get a defining emotional moment of the affair, Jack just leaves, and when he returns he never really gives the reader the emotional outlet of eventually unloading his pain on Laura, he just remains distant and then kind. He was so hurt that he walked away without contact for years, and then once back, is almost perfectly fine with being around Laura on a near daily basis. Laura never explains in a satisfactory way, why she cheated. It was almost a "it just happened" kind of excuse. Except she freely admitted she did it more than once. And the "evil" guy she cheated with gives Jack more insight into his emotions than just talking to Laura. I was hoping for a big emotional climax where both Jack and Laura dramatically unleash both their love and their pain on each other, but instead the story sort of deflated.

I did like this story, I just wish it was more.

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was thee.

alan_deealan_deeover 1 year ago

I think you robbed the reader of some simple satisfaction by allowing Laura's parents to still believe that he was the one who cheated. Allowing that to happen and not have Laura come clean and defend her man and his actions and let the parents think he was a bad guy bodes negatively on him being able to trust her and have faith in her. Allowing such a huge lie to exist when it involves her husband and her parents is a sure sign of cowardice

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Their is nothing I hate than wimpy Vicks who forgive cheating bitches. How can you even stand inserting your cock in such disgusting holes?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bunch of shallow people in this tale. Lots more emphasis on external appearence rather than internal character.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 1 year ago

I have re read this story three times now. Each time I want to like it and give it a 5 stars rating because it is well written. My difficulty is that the air was never cleared....

The in-laws will always have it in their minds that Jack pulled a runner over a simple disagreement and that yes, maybe now he is good. Yet he wasn't back then. They still see their daughter as too in love and blameless.

Also this secret she is keeping of being a cheater will cause a wedge between them. Sure her husband knows the truth, but each time a little joke, or reminder comes from her family she will feel another sting as she is reminded that her family thought and possibly still thinks of Jack as a one time deadbeat.

If she is married to a guy who could be a deadbeat what does that make her? He will catch her eye and she will see him again keeping her secret and taking those hard knocks for her. How long can she keep letting him be thought of that way? How long can the mild disrespect be allowed to continue?

This could and probably will be one of the major stumbling blocks in their relationship. I am surprised he took her back knowing she had lied to her family for so long about the reasons why her husband left.

In the end for me it poisoned the story. Sure a lot of progress was made, but it seems as if the new start of this family unit is sabotaged from the get go. From a man's perspective I believe Respect, Trust, and Love are the three pillars needed in a marriage. Trust is out the window because she is still lying to her family by omission. Respect is out because she is allowing her family to believe her husband is less than honorable. Sure there is Love, but she doesn't respect or trust her husband.

So I give this story a 3 star for being well written, and 5 if she actually had come clean.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

mariverzmariverzover 1 year ago

he should tell the bastard to take revenge on his wife and son after he died... even if he doesn't... that is, reading the mental state that the author presents...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Jack's MIL was worried about Laura's safety as Jack may have become some sort of an abuser. But she wasn't worried about Kansas being alone with the (potentially) dangerous man. Bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not sure if I could ever forgive a woman for cheating.

Especially after hearing the description of what Jack walked into.

In his own house and bed.

I might have gone downstairs, disconnected a gas line, dropped a rolled up magazine in the toaster, showed up at the normal time looking all brokenhearted and distraught while a fireman/police are giving me the bad news.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

Great Story of cheating and pain and suffering and redemption. 5 stars for a Hallmark Movie quality Story! Great Writing, Great Story, Great Heartache, I love the Happy Ending. Thank You for all this effort. Thanks Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So Laura takes advantage of a shitty situation to force Jack into doing what she wants and never really owns up or takes responsibility her adultery.

Laura is still the same selfish individual that betrayed Jack and will do so again, guaranteed.

Also, LMAO at anyone who actually believes Laura remained celibate all those years.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories