Astrid the Paladin Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Come, let's get some lunch before we head back to the cathedral. Father Alden can wait." Astrid takes Elizabeth's arm and leads them down the road, and Elizabeth gladly follows.

--

Back at the cathedral, Father Alden approaches Astrid, who is sorting through some scrolls and missives.

"Astrid, good evening to you, I just saw the cobbler, he says his apprentice is working dutifully again. Well done!" says Alden.

Astrid nods, focused on her work. "Happy to illuminate the path Elara has placed in front of Peter, he's a good lad, likely to stop by frequently. He's a gentle young man so any acolytes will do to satisfy him. Maybe that new one, Elizabeth, would be a good match when he comes around."

Alden nods slowly, taking note of Astrid's attention to detail. No chance to better serve the Goddess escapes her. "Very good, very good. Care to join me for dinner?" asks Alden.

Astrid stands and smiles, "Why not? Lead the way, Father."

He smiles and leads her down the hall. "Excellent. Which reminds me, about your next assignment... It seems a group of rowdy hobgoblins have taken up residence in a nearby inn, kicking the owners and other patrons out. I'm afraid your skills in both combat and the arts of Elara will be called upon tomorrow, dear Astrid."

Astrid scoffs, familiar with the lust of goblins and their ilk, "they never learn, do they Father? No matter how many times we satisfy or slay them, the goblin warbands keep pressing forward." She sighs and shakes her head.

"No my child, they never do, and they likely never will. Speaking of never learning, before dinner, would you mind giving me some relief? The new acolytes were fitted for their robes today and well... It was quite the experience overseeing the process." He chuckles. "I need to learn to stay away from the tailor's room, but it seems I'll never learn my lesson."

Astrid rolls her eyes and chuckles playfully, "of course father, it's my pleasure to serve." She kneels down and happily performs her duties, dines, then retires to her bed, ready to take on the challenges of her next assignment.

12