Athena Grows Up

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I wouldn't have stopped you," she admitted. "If you felt you needed to go, it would have been cruel to make you deny your character and stay here."

Flint gazed at her, smiling, as he debated.

"If I'd decided to go," he began, "I would have asked you to marry me ... right away, so you would go to Italy with me as Mrs. Edgar."

"Flint! You would really have done that?" she questioned, an astonished look on her face.

"We've said a lot of things to each other over the past couple of weeks. Things that I loved hearing. I don't know about you."

"Except for talk of leaving, I treasured everything you said to me."

Flint released his hold on Athena and sat up beside her, then slid around, so he was on both knees.

"Athena, you've heard all the things I've said. So now, I'll ask you simply, will you be my wife?"

"Yes, yes, of course, I will," she answered, scrambling to sit up, her eyes wide.

"People will think it's too early for that," he confided, "so it can be our secret until we decide to let it out. We've gotten good at keeping secrets, but knowing the answer and having that between us will make my life so much simpler. Plus, I think I'll be having some serious talks with my father."

"Oh my gosh, it's a dream, only better. It's real."

"Shall we get dressed and share the news with everyone? I can hardly wait."

"In a few minutes," she replied, pulling him on top of her. "One more time, please."

Athena was in charge now, and Flint was not about to refuse her request.

* * * * *

My sincere thanks to vanmyers86, chasten, SleeperyJim, and norafares for their beta reads, editing, and myriad suggestions. Also to the Audacious Alpacas and MsCherylTerra for their continued support and encouragement.