All Comments on 'Audrey Ch. 04'

by FreddieTheCamel

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Description appears to be willing cuckoldry. I'll pass. Hate cuck stories.

hectarehectareabout 2 years ago

I'm amazed at the comments you get, but it's like you said, people want nice simple endings, formulaic ones. I like yours better. 5*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

I guess I wanted more of an ending, but reflecting on it, your ending was a very "real" conclusion. Would have like an additional footnote - Did Bryan and Becky stay content with their monogamous marriage? 5*

ohioohioabout 2 years ago

Thanks for this great story! I'm astonished that many more people have not commented on it--presumably because it's in four substantial parts, but I'm guessing because it's complex and talky and involves feelings as well as body parts. I found it fascinating and absorbing, as I have your other stories. I can hardly wait for the next one.

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I’m with Ohio. This is a thoughtful, well-written, interesting, creative, erotic story. I’m not sure I buy the underlying viewpoint, but I respect the effort, and at all times I wanted to keep reading. Thank you for this contribution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

what a great story ! so well written and you really fleshed out the characters - the ending broke my heart !

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 2 years ago
I liked the story but not sure about the ending

Not sure why Sarah wouldn’t combine their families. I guess she was afraid of what others would think, however, her Dad basically gave her his ok. Interesting story though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I skimmed a lot of his as couldn’t stand Bryan’s attitude to his wife but the ending unless ure going to be practising polygamy (which is fine for those it works for) then how else was it going to end

Frank66Frank66almost 2 years ago

Don't think I've ever read a story that went around in circles from beginning to end, like this one. Convoluted doesn't describe it- layer upon layer of tortured thoughts, backed by seeming brilliance, but actually nonsense. This is an exercise in schizophrenia, with personalities changing from moment to moment. Challenging age-old beliefs because they didn't feel right for them; trying to work thru their fantasies, fears, and doubts and considering themselves enlightened for the struggle. Hard to believe this story was written by the same writer who wrote 'Milo and the Manospere'.

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 2 years ago

@Frank55 - People are complicated. Relationships are complicated. Multi-partner relationships can get REALLY complicated. I’ve done counseling for enough people in poly relationships to have some idea of just how complicated they can be. This story, as long as it is, (6 chapters, counting the two previous Becky & Brian stories “February Sucks in Britain,” and “To Love, Honour … and Obey,”) barely scratches the surface of how complicated relationships can become and how conflicted people can be where sex is involved.

Realistic stories trying to depict characters as if they were actual people in real life (as opposed to two-dimensional caricatures,) are HARD to do well. FreddieTheCamel manages to do it better than most. You disliked it. I gave the story 5*. Not because it’s a story that I really liked, (I prefer happier endings,) but because it was well done.

CaltropsCaltropsalmost 2 years ago

Weird ending but otherwise and entertaining story. The only bad part was all the weird incel, alt-right stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really liked the story. I really hated the ending. I have enjoyed the entire Becky and Brian saga.

"I can't move in" - why the hell not? And Sarah is still alone.

Yes, they are all screwed in the head but they love each other,they have spectacular sex together, when a problem arises they beat it togrther with honesty, logic and love. They could have told others "it just made sense to share the work of living and parenthood. That they were all best friends, the kids adored one another, their work schedules allowed each of them free time while always providing for the kids.

And Sarah got a sperm donor because she wanted another child and Becky and Brian volunteered to help cause they loved children and with three adults taking care of the kids was easy.

And its no one's business how the Sarah was inseminated and who the bio dad was.

I didn't she the barriers to co-habitation.

And where in the devil does February Sucks fit? I know where it fits in the context of the other five stories but not this one..... I realize the publication order is out of alignment with with the series chronology.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved it. All of it.

Flar1958Flar1958almost 2 years ago
You didn't see the barierres?

Look at SattleTramp and others and their commentors and you has your answer!

The hate in these what poors out you can think they are Taliban !

A good read and i am entertained to read it. Thank You

ThorlolThorlolover 1 year ago

'But the more the three of us do this,' continued Bryan, 'and the deeper we go, the more I realise that this whole One Man-One Woman thing has nothing to do with love. That it's about control.'

'The sex drive,' said Bryan, pouring himself and Becky another coffee. 'Listen, I've been reading up on this, and basically monogamous marriage has nothing to do with fostering love between a man and a woman. It's about providing a stable basis for raising children. Which means controlling the sex drive of both men and women.'

Interesting how he read about it but couldnt help to think about the matter himself but let himself dictate what marriage is about. You could equate marriage with commitment. In my eyes and in the eyes of many people I know (age 25-35), marriage is only symbolic. The commitment to the relationship is the same. With marriage there is just a bigger fallout if the relationship ends. Almost 100% of them are of financial nature, because somehow you can then use lawyers to decide what happens with the split. So yeah, he is right in saying that marriage doesnt foster the love between two people. How could it even? Its just a symbolic gesture, marriage itself cant do shit. But the two people in it foster the love between them. Marriage also doesnt help to provide a stable basis for child raising. You dont need to be married for that, just be commited. Monogamy and marriage also dont 'control' the sex drive between men and women. The people who are in a relationship do it. Monogamy is about emotions, to assure your partner that you are commited. To not let your partner become insecure about him/herself. But its absolutely not because of 'control'. There are people who can live with an open relationship and who cant. Its not about labels like monogamy, church, marriage vows or how you were raised. So yeah, the notion that monogamy is something fabricated by the church or some other constitution to control people is in my opinion bullshit. Something that people who abhor monogamy would say, wich I experienced myself already. They would never think that people could be their own person with their own set of emotions. Its like saying, 'How could you dislike vanilla ice cream? I like it, so it cant be bad right? Did your parents tell you that vanilla ice cream doesnt taste good?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don’t care for what you did to Bryan and Becky’s story, I enjoyed the love and strife in the earlier stories, but it just seems to get worse as you go on, I don’t know how they can love each other anymore. Stop the story, before it gets any worse. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Monogamy, love it or hate it, is not about "control." It has two purposes, protecting/providing for the offspring, and furthering the society by using the basic family unit to pass down shared values.

To the latter point, by the time we're 8, we've learned (or fail to learn) an enormous amount, so vast we don't even realize it. We've learned to share, to wait our turn, to consider others' feelings. WHERE did we learn them from ? Mostly from family. The nuclear and to an extent the extended family are critical. See, for example, the societal problems in situations where fathers are absent.

And what binds the family? The mother is reasonably confident that the father will protect and provide. And the father is reasonably confident that the offspring are his descendants, his path into a future that will outlive him.

Polygyny, polyandry, etc, do not personally bother me. But they do not serve societies as well as basic fidelity and long-term pair-bonding, typically via marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great insights into Puritan and hypocritical society. Lots of twists, turns and the conflicts to make this a near-professionally written story. A little bit of copy editing would not have hurt anything. All in all it was a worthwhile read.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

I have commented elsewhere on the author's mastery of writing about powerful emotions.

I agree with Lord_Gro. I was a psychotherapist with a small charity for 16 years. The charity specialised in providing relationship counselling/ psychotherapy for sex and gender minorities, the team were straight, gay and lesbian.

If monogamy is so great, why is the divorce rate around 50% ? There have been and still are many non-monogamous societies.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well this promising series really went off the rails the last couple of installments. Please stop. You have muddied their marriage and love. And while polyamory doesn't bother me at a fundamental level, the statistics are clear, non exclusive marriages, for whatever reason, have a ludicrously high divorce rate. Pair bonding is a powerful force in the human psyche. Complicating the relationship geometry often leads to perceived slights, imbalances, feelings of neglect or being desired or loved less, insecurities, and over 92% of the time: divorce. This includes swingers, snappers, open marriages and polyamory. If you want to blame that all on societal expectations go for it. That is your choice. But you are deluding yourself that aren't other deeper forces at work. Fortunately there is more to life than orgasms.

RuttweilerRuttweiler9 months ago
Of COURSE monogamy is about control…

It is about controlling the female sex drive so that men will feel assured that their mate’s children were actually sired by them. That way he will feel assured that any dynastic property would go to HIS actual heirs. It’s a function of the asymmetry of human reproduction, and the cultural laws of inheritance. A woman knows that her child is hers. A man must take it on faith (and from reading these pages, we know how little faith men actually have in women!). If you want to make sure little Bobby is yours, and if you have the power and authority to do it, the most certain way is to lock mommy up.

Have you ever read your bible? Specifically, the Old Testament? Didn’t you wonder about all those patriarchs with their multiple wives and concubines? One man and multiple women were just the way things were done then. Didn’t you ever wonder why it was NEVER one woman and multiple men?

Because fairness, equality and monogamy were never the point. The goal was control of assets and resources, women being both. And it helps to do it under God’s authority, that way you get less pushback.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This threesome BS is totally out of character for Becky and Bryan. Hell, they coukd barely wrap their heads around Bryan's stupid and uncharacteristic one-time fling with Siobahn. So, if this is you trying to retcon these 2 into characters they aren't, then stop because the concept sucks.

BabyBunny2222BabyBunny22223 months ago

EXCELLENT! Loved this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFreddieTheCamel@FreddieTheCamel
I write both professionally and for fun. The stories and essays I post on this site are for fun. I've also taken the first steps to self-publishing under the name Freddie T Camel, although more as an experiment than an ambition. I want to write stories that have emotional res...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Audrey Ch. 03 Previous Part
Audrey Series Info