All Comments on 'Back to Back Pt. 09'

by TurbulenceAhead

Sort by:
  • 131 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

so amazing, i loved it! can't wait to see more :)

dnsontndnsontnabout 1 year ago

The difference in the dialogue was immediately noticeable and … frickin fantastic. The tension between the guys was palpable and I think that was because of the way you paced the back-and-forth. Well done, sincerely. Best of all? They’re back to back again even if the reason is different. It’s hopeful. (I’ll refrain from adding any ‘brick’ usage 😂)

MarcLuciFerMarcLuciFerabout 1 year ago

I think dnsontn's comment about the difference in dialogue pretty much cover my feelings as well. I actually found myself reading faster and slower at times in keeping with who was talking and what and how something was being said. This made it feel like being in the room, listening to the conversation between these characters rather than reading dialogue. That's a really nice touch. And something else that was really nice was ending this part with the back nudges between Artie and Miles, that left me feeling good. I'm no longer anonymous so I was finally able to add this to add this story to my favorites and also follow you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I get that you’re trying to make this realistic and in real life something like this would take time to evolve. But I have to say, to me, this is moving painstakingly slow. In their hearts, they have both known they love each other for the longest time. It has even been intimate between them with all the thinking of each other, spending all their time together, the touching and snuggling, the way they’ve chosen to elude Nat and Connor. It’s obvious to Marissa. But they are both shit at honestly communicating with each other. Artie seems paralyzed by fear, which I get given he has lost most people he loved and cared for (except for Marissa and Miles). Miles seems incapable of realizing his feelings extend way beyond friendship for Artie - all the things Marissa pointed out to Artie - Miles’ protection, care and jealousy of Artie are rooted in being in love with him. Their inabilities to be honest with themselves and each other hurts each of them which is frustrating to read. This is a great story with fantastic characters and your skills as an author are obvious. I just can’t wait for them to honestly face that they are soulmates and embrace a new depth of love and intimacy. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Aaaaaaah this was such a good chapter! I love the way you gave us insight into Miles' confused feelings at the end, he has a lot of stuff to figure out about himself I think. And I'm so proud of Artie, he was so brave. I really want to give a big hug to both of them.

"Aiming to have it up in a few weeks, but wiggle room would be greatly appreciated. I may post the chapters in halves like I did this one if I find the wait has been too long."

Of course you should take all the time you need to get things right, but splitting installations like these last two chapters works really well. Tbh if it had been a single chapter it would have been really long, so splitting it really worked out well in the end.

One last note, I caught a "were" instead of "we're" in the first page. If you don't have a beta reader think about it, it can be super useful to catch those stray typos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Man you are killing me here, I am loving you and hating you at the same time lol. You are brilliant! I got so caught up in the suspense and Artie's emotions, tears were running down my face and I didn't even realize it. This is an emotional rollercoaster that I cannot wait to get back on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’d only accidentally opened my homepage, so I was both surprised and elated to see that this chapter had been uploaded.

(1) This is an incredibly well written installment. Your experiment with extended dialogue was a success. I visualized everything as if I were a fly in the room with them.

(2) Learning Artie’s perspective of their family issues really helped us see the depth of Artie’s trauma. I disagreeed with the “Bad Artie” comments on the last chapter. From Ch. 1, I’d known that Artie’s trauma was deeper than Liam’s internalized homophobic bullying. So his fear of losing Miles made sense. But his mom is THE WORST. I can’t imagine having to live with that kind of psychological abuse. No amount of $$$ could ever make up for being shown that the people who are supposed to love you unconditionally view your life and safety as less valuable than a dinner at Applebees. 😒😒😒 Artie’s anxiety and avoidance makes perfect sense now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Also, I wonder how long it will take Artie to realize that Miles only seemed to care that he might be hooking up with Connor. Maybe he’ll then be able to see what everyone else on the planet sees about Mile’s feelings.

~JC

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “so amazing…” I’m really glad you enjoyed, was a little worried people might hate it to be honest, lol. Thank you for commenting and supporting!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@dnsontn brick is for everyone! Lol. Thank you for the feedback, the pacing was one thing I was concerned about. Glad to know it flowed well and wasn’t confusing/ non obvious. Thank you for your kind words and continued support!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@MarcLuciFer thank you for the feedback! I was trying hard to make it immersive, and I’m really glad to know it was that for at least a few. Thank you for your continued support and I’m really glad I can refer to you by name now!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “I get that…” I’ve been thinking something along these lines as well. I think there are multiple contributing factors to this, and I’m hoping to address them with some re-writes to the beginning of the story. While I have been aiming for frustrating, and I’m glad that it is that, painstakingly slow is definitely not what I’m going for. So badly do I wish you stumbled upon the story when it was already completed so you could just mow right through it all but, I’m glad you’re here now. Thank you for the comment, support, and the feedback! Glad to know it’s enjoyable still regardless! You won’t have to wait much longer.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “aaaaaaah…” Thank you thank you and thank you! Thank you for your kind words, thank you for the support, and thank you for the feeback! The support and kindness mean a lot, and feedback on the chapter size is much appreciated!

“Miles has a lot to figure out about himself” is quite an understatement, lol.

And yes I have been debating on having someone look it over but I’m horrible about not sharing my art until it’s completed. Trying to get over it, lol. Thanks again!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Man you are…” Thank you :) I love you and I hate you too :) lol but seriously thank you for commenting and enjoying and connecting with the story. The majority of the time I spent on this chapter was working up the nerve to actually write through the final scene. And reading it over was not the most pleasant experience. Really glad you enjoyed regardless of the emotional weight!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@JC 1) Thank you very much :) I’m glad it read well. I enjoyed it, but I also write for myself to enjoy, so it can sometimes be hard to gauge if it’s a good read or a good read to me. I’m so glad it felt like you were there, that experience was exactly what I was hoping to create.

2) childhood trauma is tough, and I understand both sides. Artie is an adult and at some point it’s his responsibility to work hard to maintain healthy relationships. But at the same time, who really understands themselves or their emotions at 20? What can I say? He’s in the process of learning and we’re getting a front row seat.

3) we shall see ;)

4) I believe you sent me an email mid March. Signed it off with initials jc with one an initial in between, I won’t disclose which here but I believe that was you. If it was, thank you very much. It meant a lot to me at the time I read it and it still does now. I truly appreciate your kindness and support of my story and me.

Thanks again for your comment and feedback.

bleuetbleuetabout 1 year ago

Loved this chapter, read it twice and back to back.

I wonder how long it will take for Miles to realize that his outburst regarding Connor stems from jealousy (since he has no qualms whatsoever with Artie being gay otherwise). I also wonder how long before he starts imagining himself as that faceless nameless person all over Artie...

I have to disagree with Anon on chapter length though, I LOVE the longer chapters, I feel like they're a lot more immersive and I can lose myself completely in them. But really, however and whenever you decide to bless us with one is up to you and I will take anything you dish out about these two with a smile on my face. Looking forward to the next part.

bleuetbleuetabout 1 year ago

Also, you've mentioned a rewrite before and again now, curious to know what you have in mind (if I may) 😉

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@bleuet hmm… I wonder…. Lol not giving anything away. But hopefully you shouldn’t have to wait long to find out.

And thank you for your feedback about the chapters. I tend to end up writing big fat chapters naturally but this one worked well cut into parts. It will most likely depend on the flow of the next chapters, whether or not I do halves, but I will keep your feedback in mind!

And lastly about the rewrites, probably not a ton of changes but these chapters on literotica are a sort of rough draft of my book in a way. I think once I finish posting here I’m going to go through and revise basically the whole thing but really the most that would change is removing a lot of unnecessary stuff from the beginning. I know my writing couldn’t have improved that much in this time but I think those first few could really use a look over with the eyes I have now and with a more Birds Eye view of the plot. Kind of shot myself in the foot posting before it was completed but everyone warned me and I did it anyway.

I’m rambling. Not sure what I’d even do with the completed version. But the perfectionist in me is itching to rewrite those chapters lol.

Thank you for your continued support, truly it means a lot. There are a few people here I can always count on a comment from and you’re one of them, so thank you!

Laura1234Laura1234about 1 year ago

This has been a great read. I can kind of tell the plot has meandered but I don’t think it takes away from the story. It’s almost like we are growing with them… maybe I would feel differently if I sat down and read it all in one go, but I’ve greatly enjoyed the installments and feel like the characters are very well connected to their emotions in the first chapters as I was able to easily reconnect with who they were after long pauses between chapters, without needing to go back and catch up. Which is quite rare actually for story chapters that are published far apart!

Excellent writing - thanks for posting the half chapters - I look forward to the next installment!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Laura1234 Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate it! And I find the verbiage you used particularly interesting.

In my months off I read a book about writing creative fiction and the way the author portrayed plot was as periods of connection of disconnection. Whether it be between the characters, or the characters and the reader, or the character and themself. The beginning definitely operates as a period of connection and I’m really glad you felt that reading it. I think a lot of stories begin with a protagonist in a place of disconnection, and I like that mine begins with the two main characters connected with each other and themselves once again. If I rewrite anything that’s definitely something I’d like to preserve.

And about the plot meandering. You know I also feel like it’s not necessarily a weakness, especially with some tidying up. The way it’s almost lackadaisical in its progression and naive to its direction sort of represents the characters frame of mind. I think with some tailoring it could really help add to the immersion, rather than make the reader feel like it’s taking too long.

I’m glad it added to the experience for you! I do agree, I’ve certainly been learning with them.

I’d like to thank you again, your comment along with the others have really helped me analyze the story in a way I’d struggle to do without any external input, so thanks a ton!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Laura1234 And how could I forget? Thank you for your kindness and support! I really appreciate it, and I’m glad you were able to connect with the characters regardless of how long it’s been in between each part. Trying hard to make each part a fulfilling read, even if you still need the context of the others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Maybe it's just me, but when I see "..." In a new paragraph, my brain immediately goes "okay new scene" or "timeskip", so I have to kind of readjust myself when instead it means that the character takes their time to think, and it throws me off the experience a little bit. It really might just be me though and other than that the story's perfect so don't mind me if you don't want to lmao

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Maybe it’s just me…” definitely not just you. I thought the same thing writing it but struggled to find something else that really filled that space and indicated a pause. Thank you for the feedback! Glad to know it’s not just me that found it a little off. Definitely will be something I’ll think about going forward. Thank you for commenting, supporting, and for your kind words. Perfect is a strong word but if it’s perfect to you that’s quite literally all I could ever ask for. Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is so dang beautiful and stressful to read! I am aching for the next chapter, I feel so invested in Miles and Artie. I love how well you have written their characters, and those tense scenes are spicier than hatch peppers! I look forward to where this story is heading, I love it!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous “This is so dang…” Thank you for all your kind words! Literally all kind words. I’m not sure I can express how glad I am you’re connecting with the characters and the story. I’m truly honored. The more time I spend with these characters, the more I question if it’s that I’m a decent writer or if it’s that Artie and Miles are just good storytellers, lol. Writing it and then re reading, sometimes it really does feel like I’m listening to them tell me the story of their lives. I think I might be just as invested as you! Lol. Thank you for following along on the ride with me!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAheadabout 1 year agoAuthor

Working hard on the next chapter! No real update yet, just wanted to say thank you all again. You all seemed to really enjoy this chapter and I couldn’t be more grateful. In my time off I read a book about writing and I really wanted it to show. I think I might be the proudest of this last one. Will keep you all updated on the next chapter here!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead12 months agoAuthor

Was aiming to submit by the tenth, but it’ll probably be closer to the seventeenth. Thanks for waiting and if you’re reading this thank you for checking in!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Thanks for the update Turbulence! Wanted to give some words of encouragement :)

Keep up the good work! I'm really looking forward to the next update.

Yoshirainbow96Yoshirainbow9612 months ago

Loved this installment! It’s so amazing to see your writing changing and to see how much the characters benefit from what you’re learning as you go along. Can’t wait for the next chapter! 😃

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead12 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Thanks for the update…” I will. Thank you for your words of encouragement. It truly does feel like the comments fill my writing battery sometimes. Please make an account so I can thank you by name! Or maybe an initial or something? Either way, thanks again. Next part up soon!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead12 months agoAuthor

@Yoshirainbow96 I’m really glad you enjoyed! And thank you for taking notice as to how my writing has changed. With art, I tend to look back at my past work and cringe, and think of myself better in the present. I imagine another year from this point I’ll probably even feel that way about these most recent chapters. I’m just eternally grateful there are people like you who have stuck with the story to see it grow. Thank you, truly. Shouldn’t have to wait much longer for the next one!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead12 months agoAuthor

In case anyone is checking up, my apologies for the delay. Finals caught up to me real quick and my laptop crapped out for good I think this time, at the worst moment. Writing on my phone is arduous, but not impossible. Just a little longer. Thank you for waiting!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Excited for the next one!

bleuetbleuet12 months ago

Sorry to hear about your laptop TA... And good luck for finals! Can't wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Last night I dreamt that you uploaded the next chapter, unfortunately for me the plots my subconscious crafts are definitely not as good as yours lol it was weird

Guess that means I'm extra excited for this one! Take care and congrats on making it to my sleeping mind and presumably many others lmao

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead12 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Excited…” Thank you for commenting!! Shouldn’t have to wait much longer! Thanks for keeping up.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead12 months agoAuthor

@bleuet thank you! Finals are over and went well. Back to writing! Thank you for waiting so patiently! I truly, truly appreciate it.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead12 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Last night…” I’m grateful. Very grateful, thank you for this. I think I dreamt about it the same night you did and I suspect that’s a sign I need to upload! Not much longer! Thank you for commenting!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead12 months agoAuthor

About three quarters of the way through the next part! Not much longer.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hey TA, since you asked nicely (:p) I'll sign from now on, I'm the same guy as the comments "Aaaaaaah this was such a good chapter!", and "Thanks for the update". Good to hear finals went well, though sorry to hear your laptop kicked the bucket. Keep up the good work, I've missed the two best boys!

-AG

Yoshirainbow96Yoshirainbow9611 months ago

Can’t wait to see what these two get upto next! 😍

BidickulousBidickulous11 months ago

It may amuse you to know that I have finally created an account to better track new posts from you and a few other authors who seem to have challenging schedules that delay new chapters! Looking forward to more whenever you have the chance to complete one. Bravo on the writing and editing; I appreciate good stories that aren’t loaded with typos or disconnects that point to sloppy work.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ohhh mannn miles fucked up majorly!!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead11 months agoAuthor

Hi @AG! I figured those were both the same person so thank you for the confirmation! I appreciate it immensely, and thank you for your continued support. It means the world. Working hard finishing up the next part!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead11 months agoAuthor

@Yoshirainbow96 shouldn’t have to wait much longer! Thank you for keeping up and for commenting!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead11 months agoAuthor

@Bidickulous Thank you! And great name! Lol. Also thank you for your kind words and support. I’m trying hard to catch any typos and breaks in the flow/continuity of the story. I’m really, really glad it shows. Thank you for taking notice. Next part up soon!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead11 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Ohhh mannn…” Yes, yes he did. Lol. Hopefully he’ll get his shit together. Next part up soon! A week or less hopefully!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hi! I started your story a few days ago and whoa, I got really invested in it!

For some reason I thought the story was completed (my bad!), honestly I'm not sure I would have started it if I knew it wasn't, but I do not regret it at all, I'm loving it so so much! And this might be the slowest slow burn I've ever read on this site, I can't believe there are nine chapters and they haven't even kissed yet!! But this is a good thing and one of the reasons why this story feels real.

You created two beautiful yet complex and realistic characters and I think this is a huge challenge for a writer.

My heart breaks for Artie who got yelled at and is suffering so much and feeling scared and insecure. But it also breaks for Miles, who is so unable to read his own emotions and still has a long road to self discovery ahead.

I noticed the change in your writing style and I have to say the last chapter was a bit harder to read for me and in general I prefer longer chapters because I find them more captivating.

Please take all the time that you need but do not leave the story unfinished, these two deserve to be happy together :)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well, just like that I find out I have a recognizable style haha

One thing that came to my mind while rereading the last couple of chapters (just cause I loved them so much) is that I'm left craving for more, eager to see what happens next, even though you've not really been leaving us on cliffhangers, which is commendable. You've been keeping me hooked with just the lovable characters and the progression of events, so kudos to you for that.

Keep it up TA, I can't wait to see Artie and Miles happy!

-AG

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So gooood excited for the next chapter!!

geemeedeegeemeedee10 months ago

@TurbulenceAhead, please come back to this story. Talk about a cliffhanger!!

dreamsofdaysgonebidreamsofdaysgonebi10 months ago

I binge read everything so far and I am on the edge of my seat! The way these two pine after each other hits me right in the heart and I love it so much. Thank you for the beautiful tale you've shared with us thus far, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes next.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Illegal cliffhanger daaaaaaaaamnn

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

No!! This can NOT be the last part of this story. It was too good, And, they have not done the nasty yet (ir if they ever do.) I have to know what happens in their relationship and feel a bit slided in that respect. There is hope written in the storyline, but that hope can also dash in as little as two chapters. Needless to say, I am not happy this is the last chapter.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead10 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Hi!…” I totally understand the feeling and don’t blame you at all! Reading through a story you enjoy and in the middle of a binge realizing it isn’t finished… not the greatest feeling. Thank you for enjoying regardless! And thank you for appreciating the characters and for your very kind praise, it means a lot. The characters are definitely my favorite part of the story.

Re-reading through I agree this last one was a bit hard to read at some points. It’s something I’ll keep in mind as I finish up this next chapter. Thank you for the feedback! I can’t express how much I appreciate it! Thank you for commenting and enjoying B2B!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead10 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Well, just like that…” you do! And If my suspicions are correct this isn’t the first chapter you’ve commented on.

Ive been trying not to leave the chapters on too frustrating of points in the plot but I feel I may have said this before- the story is writing itself. These guys are telling the story as it happens not me. I appreciate your words of kindness though and am glad my efforts haven’t gone unnoticed. Thank you! And thank you for all your comments and support! Next part up soon! For real this time lol.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead10 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “so gooood…” thanks a ton! I appreciate the support and your kindness immensely. Next chapter up very soon!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead10 months agoAuthor

@geemeedee consider me back! Ended up with a summer job I wasn’t anticipating but my schedule is back on track! Next part up soon!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead10 months agoAuthor

@dreamsofdaysgonebi thank YOU for commenting! And for enjoying the story :) i definitely wrote with the intent to hit the reader in the heart and words can’t describe how glad I am to hear you say that. Thank you for reading and next part up soon!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead10 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “illegal cliffhanger…” I know… this one felt a little cruel but it’s just how it shook out. Next part up soon! Thank you for commenting.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead10 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “No!!…” thank you for your kind words! And it’s isn’t the last part of their story! Far from it. After Back to Back I’m planning on writing a sequel and possibly even a trilogy. But I can’t give too much away. For now, next part of B2B up soon!! Thank you for commenting! You won’t have to wait much longer.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I've never commented on a single story on this website, but I'm doing so now - BECAUSE - this story is so good! I check back regularly, hoping that there'll be another installment. Fantastic writing and wonderfully well-developed characters. Please, please, please keep going!

Orion_Orion_10 months ago

You've been saying that the last part would be up soon for about a month now. Some people come here to read these stories to lose themselves away into them and forget for sometime how hard life can be. If you've been only goading for our attention by saying that the next part would be up soon, now I've started disbelieving you as a person. Good luck to you, anyway and thanks for whatever you shared until now.

KeqqinqKeqqinq10 months ago

Orion_ hush your entitlement is showing. Find a new story if its that bad, ive been here waiting for a while too yet im not complaining. They have a life outside literotica.

Yoshirainbow96Yoshirainbow9610 months ago

@Keqqinq .. well said! They are not writing just for us! They must also enjoy the process! 👏🏼

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A-Author *sobs* can you *sobs* please update *SOBS VOILENTLY, MISERABLY & HEARTWRETCHINGLY*

Orion_Orion_9 months ago

@kinq and Yoshi. I had an impulsive reaction/comment before this. Ignore that. I understand, he has to enjoy the process, he has a life outside of literotica, this ain't his vocation. Even if it was his vocation, he deserves the time he needs to create and write. I guess it was one of those days that I couldn't wait any longer, especially when he keeps saying that the next chapter is gonna be up soon... I'm sorry ya'll

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead9 months agoAuthor

@Keqqinq thank you for saying all of this, I appreciate your patience and understanding immensely. Working hard on the next chapter!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead9 months agoAuthor

@Yoshirainbow96 Thank you for your consideration of me. I’m very grateful to have readers like you! And thanks for commenting!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead9 months agoAuthor

@Orion_ I understand your frustration, and while I don’t feel I should have to explain myself, I would like to say this next chapter is the most important thus far and by a wide margin the most difficult to write. I really want to make sure it’s good, so I haven’t been rushing myself the way I have previously. I truly believe it will yield a positive result, but if the wait is too much I understand if you must move on to another story or to other authors. I can’t say I didn’t anticipate this reaction from at least some.

Either way, I appreciate you for reading and enjoying and feeling passionately enough to comment. The next chapter will be up by the 23rd of August, but I’m aiming for before. But if you can’t believe that from me at this point, I understand.

Thanks again for both your comments!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead9 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “A-author…” I gotchu. Working as much as I can on the next chapter! Thanks for commenting!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Next chapter prediction! Miles is gonna have a rough conversation with Connor the MVP, after having been told by Artie about his (terrible) coming out story.

adidas21525adidas215259 months ago

Please put them together and make things right with the universe:) I love your characters and your writing!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead9 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “Next chapter…” Hm… I think it will be very interesting to see what role Conner plays in all of this, lol. Thank you for commenting! Next part up in three weeks or less!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead9 months agoAuthor

@adidas21525 Thank you! I’m really happy the characters and the story resonate with you. It’s really all I hope for when I write. Thank you for commenting and enjoying and your wish is my command!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@TA And you're completely right, I believe my first comment was on chapter 7, if not 6 (it's around when I found the story).

As I said before, we can wait, real life takes priority not to mention this is not your work so seriously everyone else can chill. I obviously really look forward to the next chapter, but take the time to do things right! As long as Artie and Miles' story keeps going forward I'll be here to read it.

Also very interested to see Connor's part in this going forward, he seems like a really good person who's the unfortunate target of Miles' jelousy. I don't want to influence the writing process, so I'll keep my thoughts on him at that.

-AG

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead9 months agoAuthor

@AG Thank you for your encouragement per usual, I truly, truly appreciate it. This summer I’ve been helping my parents renovate so the free time I’d have spent writing hasn’t been free. Next part is chugging along nicely though and should be up for moderation by Wednesday!

And yes Conner is definitely a good guy, that’s all I’ll say on that.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope to see you in the comments of Part Ten!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead9 months agoAuthor

I hope you guys are ready for the aforementioned turbulence, lol.

bleuetbleuet9 months ago

Good turbulence, I hope? Is there even such a thing? Can't wait for next week either way! 😍

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Is the next chapter going to be split in two as well? Love the story so far <3

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Any updates on the next chapter? Can’t wait!

-AA

Summer1987Summer19878 months ago

Absolutely loving this series and can't wait for the next part. You're a great story teller and I enjoyed the dialogue!

Great work!

Ronny2782Ronny27828 months ago

Wow, what a great story, I've got really invested in your characters and lost some sleep over this story, now caught up and anxiously waiting for part 10.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Anticipating the next chapter. Great story! Can’t believe this is your first published series. Well done

IrishPervBiIrishPervBi8 months ago

So many abandoned stories on this site. Kind of sad. But I suppose we should be happy that it happened, rather than sad that it ended.

PrinceraPrincera7 months ago

Noooo it can’t end like this

KeqqinqKeqqinq7 months ago

Please dont tell me this is another abandoned story 😕

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Surprised no ones commented this yet but are you ok?? It seems crazy that people are being shady about abandoned stories when anything could've happened- if you see this please let us know you're alright. I've been following this story since the beginning and have enjoyed your funny comments. I noticed two months ago you said it'd be up in a few days but you haven't posted since and I just really hope you're okay

bleuetbleuet7 months ago

I want to echo the last comment. Been checking on this story regularly but felt hesitant to reach out or comment here so as not to pressure the author. I gotta admit though that I've been worried as well. TA are you okay?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I loved rhe story...please tell me it is not going to be left unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I also opened the story to check to see if you’re okay. And I’m glad that I’m not the only one concerned for your well being. I know that, in addition to your technical difficulties, you’ve had some unexpected responsibilities. So I didn’t want to bother you again with another DM. But I do sincerely hope you’re faring well. ~JC

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead7 months agoAuthor

Wow, everyone. Thank you. I haven’t checked the comments and responded as I usually have as I’ve been up to my neck lately. Accompanied with deep level of anxiety knowing people are waiting. I think about this story every day, and everyone who reads it too. I am so sorry to disappoint you all and make you wait. The fact people even still care at all still is shocking to me, and again to you all I say thank you. It means more than you could ever understand. I am back to writing, readjusting has been tough this quarter but I’m getting a routine back together. I have a good amount of this chapter done. By the time it’s uploaded it will most likely be everything for before the epilogue, hopefully that will make up for the wait. Again, thank you everyone for commenting and caring about my well-being, I am healthy and well! I hope to see you all in the comments of the next chapter in the coming weeks. I will respond to everyone individually when I get a chance!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead7 months agoAuthor

I feel I should reiterate: thank you all for caring about my personal well-being. A few weeks ago it occurred to me there may be some who felt that way, and it put me right in my seat at my desk, typing away. To you all, the uttermost thank you.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead7 months agoAuthor

@JC thank you for you concern, truly, and a DM is no bother. The loss of my laptop has definitely thrown a wrench into my plans but I’m working through it. Working hard to get the next part up. Can’t make any promises, but I can ensure I’ll try my hardest to have it up when I can. Thanks again for caring and for commenting.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead7 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “I love rhe…” Definitely will not be left unfinished and I am truly sorry for the delay. Thank you for commenting! I hope to see you in the comments of Part Ten.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead7 months agoAuthor

@bleuet Bleuet! I truly appreciate your consideration of my and my mental state. Truly, and DM, a comment, they’re no bother. They mean more than I can express. I have to say i was grateful to see someone like you, JC, and others, who are still around from early on. Thank you. Your concern couldn’t be less of a bother. I am back to working on the story! See you soon in the comments of Part Ten?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Rock on, TA!

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead6 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous “I’m surprised…” Thank you for sticking around, seriously. And as far as no one commenting I think many picked up on how I take uploading for you all seriously and didn’t want to add any more pressure. It seems you were not the only one concerned and once you said something others became comfortable to do so as well, so thank you for opening the floodgates. Everyone’s concern has really put a new wind in my sails, and means the world. I was sure I’d have the next part up and then a flood of responsibilities came my way and a fear of disappointing you all prevented me from addressing it but I’m back! Thank you for commenting, caring, and enjoying my comments, lol.

TurbulenceAheadTurbulenceAhead6 months agoAuthor

@Keqqinq nope! Working on it every day!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous