All Comments on 'Bending the Rules Pt. 09: Legendary'

by SunsetFollower511

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 3 years ago
Hmmmm.

I sorta feel like I'm maybe on the far side of the edge of being kind of lost with what's going on. Not necessarily in a bad way, but its a somewhat weird sensation. Like the world is fantastic and engaging, but its starting to feel like there just that little bit too much I'm not retaining chapter to chapter, or things I just don't know about what's happening. Like I'm falling but haven't realized it yet, somewhat unsettling.

Love her little quiz and his answers were spot on epic. Ace was kick ass as well, glad to see another character playing with style ^.^ Also really happy that the gamers proved their worth and finally "solved" the lyena boss fight. Not entirely sure on how/ if there are resurrecting mechanics but being able to analyze what went wrong or right about an encounter and overcome it is a valuable talent; if you get more than one chance at things. If the world is more SAO floor 75+... then either you need to learn how this stuff works early, or be lucky enough to survive long enough to get the tools to avoid the worst of it. The survivability paradigm is a weird one with a DnD-like structure. At low level its stupid easy to die off, but after a certain point it gets harder and harder to TPK, and with rez as long as the party is successful a lot can be reset for continuing onward. But as you've said, not necessarily based on any particular system, so what will be will be.

I'm kind of waffling back and forth on this next subject. One the one hand, the cliffhanger/ ending of this chapter was quite nice; especially nice to see our current best girl (that we've met in person), and the succubus quiz from earlier just makes it more enticing. But I can distinctly recall recently thinking to myself that the stories on this site seem to use cliffhangers a lot between chapters... and sort of wondering why that is. I'd like to think that readers wouldn't need that incentive to crave the next chapter by a great author, but I don't know. Maybe its part of the process, whose to say for sure.

~Above and beyond all the nonsense I've spouted this time: Thank you for your work. Loving the story, but on a personal note I really hoping to see more of our favorite Valkyrie theyden. Nuru's gotten a bit setback but at the same time the eariler levels can be earned sooo much faster than later ones. Awaiting the next one, be well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSunsetFollower511@SunsetFollower511
Professional development: CHECK! Now that I'm getting back in my groove, check out my Patreon below for a short story written with the assistance of an AI app. https://www.patreon.com/SunsetFollower511 More to come, including a new scifi/superhero series. But the Rules Saga...