Bite Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SkylerLuv
SkylerLuv
801 Followers

"I can feel you staring." Her eyes flutter open. Her unnerving gaze traps me.

"Sorry." I put the pot back and stare into the kitchen, trying to pretend that I don't want to turn around and ogle again.

Yes, she is cute. And very attractive. And completely out of my league. But there is something about her that piques my interest. The word infatuation comes to mind when I try to describe it but that doesn't quite fit. Maybe it is not knowing anything about her that has me interested. Have I ever wanted to sit next to someone and just stare at them though? Am I scared that she'll ruin everything if we actually got to talk? Right now, she's the hot, quiet girl. Do I want to risk the image I have of her? Maybe a crush is all this is meant to be.

"Can I get some more?" She puts the mug back on the saucer.

"Yes," I run back to her with the same pot.

I make the mistake of looking at her as I step back after pouring her coffee. I almost lose my footing when her eyes pierce through mine. My cheeks burn but I ignore it and put the pot back. She'll be leaving soon. I should say something.

There are only three other people in here and they've all been served their meal. I'm sure one of them will eventually call for my attention to ring them up.

Just do it already!

Once I'm back in front of her I pull out the disinfecting wipes from my apron pocket and place them on the counter between us.

One of her eyebrows lifts as she waits for an explanation.

I rub the sweat from my palms and shrug the nervousness away. With deliberate slowness, I grab one of the wipes and then reach out for her hand. She doesn't make a move, which I take that as a good sign. Not sure why, no words could be just as bad as a vocal threat. My hands tremble as I take one of her smaller hands and guide it closer to me. She leans over the counter, trying to make it easier for me but I see the confusion still on her face.

What am I doing?

I wipe the dried blood from her knuckles and then her palm so it isn't caked with mud anymore. I gently place the hand back on the counter and repeat the same action with her other one. She's burning up. I want to tell her she should go to the hospital but I know she won't listen. This is the least I can do to assure that she doesn't get an infection. Then again, I don't know if she has other cuts that I can't see. That concerns me more than I care to admit.

"Well," She clears her throat and throws five more dollars on the table once she has her hands free.

"I didn't do it for the tip." I stare at the money, slightly offended.

"I learned refills aren't free here. That's for the last time too." She scoots the bar stool back.

"Wait," My mind runs blank when she stares at me, waiting. Her gray eyes never stray from my gaze. Shit, what was I going to say? "Take the wipes, they can help." I push them towards her.

She huffs but takes them anyway.

"Bye." I practically whimper.

*-*-*

Jacky sits next to me in class, like she has been for the last two weeks, and gives me a cupcake. "Here, I baked too many and don't need the temptation at home."

"Lifesaver." I give her a quick hug and dig into the treat.

I had to skip lunch today since Kinsley decided to come in late and take her time getting ready. Well, that was part of the reason. My anger was boiling over when she called in to let me know she was late but it quickly dissipated when Gray Eyes walked in and ordered a coffee. I was supposed to be off the clock but I stayed until after she left. She didn't say anything. I tried not to stare as much as I wanted to and even Kinsley spoke up about the bus arriving soon but I didn't care. One extra minute with her made skipping lunch worth it.

I am a truly sad individual. Lonely and sad.

"I was going to give it to you during our study session but you didn't show." She doesn't sound annoyed, more like she's fishing for info. "We're prepping for midterms."

"I had to cover a part of my coworker's shift because she was late." I take another bite of the vanilla cupcake. It is so good. Today is ending on a sweet note.

"Oh, not fun." She wrinkles her nose. "I thought it was for a juicer reason, like a boyfriend or something."

I scoff and finish the last of the icing. "I haven't been with anyone in months. My last relationship was a total waste of my time."

I start complaining about my failed relationships while she listens with empathy.

The professor comes in and starts his lecture, effectively shutting me up.

Jacky places a note on my desk and I look down at it.

Sounds like we need to grab drinks Friday and get you laid.

It's hard to contain my laughter but I manage.

I don't know if I'm up for casual hookups. I write and give her the note back.

She shakes her head. After writing something else, she gives it back.

Trust me, a one-night stand will be perfect for the nerves. And it will give you the mental clarity to solely focus on our midterm.

I lean in and whisper, "We'll talk after class."

We don't get the chance to, though. She gets a call halfway through the lecture and walks out with all her things to answer it. She doesn't walk back in but shoots me a quick text saying she had a family emergency.

I ride the bus home, still a bit elated from the sugary treat and the fact that I got to see Gray Eyes today.

That feeling plummets when I hear a noise as I'm getting off the bus. It sounds like a wounded animal. My fingers grip my bag straps as the noise continues and I go against my better instinct to inspect it. There's a dog behind a trash can trying to wiggle away but its tail seems to be stuck under the wheel. It has a dark coat, made even darker by the lack of light in the alley.

"Oh, god!" I hop from one foot to the other.

This is probably the best time to mention that I have a terrible fear of dogs. When I was younger, a friend of mine got bitten by one while we were playing in the park. The dog bit his neck and he had to be rushed to the hospital. I was so terrified of the scene that I didn't do anything. Couldn't call for help or even push the dog away. The boy almost lost his life because I was too afraid to do anything. I just stared and cried.

Ever since then I've made sure to steer clear of them, especially the big ones. And this one is really big. But the trashcan is much bigger and the tail is really stuck in there. How did it end up like this?

The dog tries to run in the other direction when it notices me but it's yanked back to the same spot by its tail and it cries louder.

"Oh, no!" My arms flail around in panic. What do I do? I can't touch it! A cornered animal is dangerous. I'll definitely get bitten. But the poor thing is just sitting there defenseless. And causing itself much more damage than it knows.

With great caution, my feet begin to inch closer to the creature. It bares its teeth and a warning growl builds in the back of its throat. I see faint light reflected in its eyes and swallow my screams. It won't do either of us any good if I freak out right now.

"Oh, please don't do that." My knees shake as I get closer. "I just want to help."

The growling immediately stops and the dog stops moving.

Is it dead? Can dogs get heart attacks? Or do they just stop moving out of fear? I would probably do that if I was in the same situation. I've done it before, became frozen with fear. But does the same happen for dogs? I don't bother overthinking it anymore and pull the large trash can near me and away from its tail.

The dog slowly backs away, testing how far it can get without its tail getting caught but I don't bother watching the rest. I run home, fearing for my life. For all I know, the dog will try to make a nice meal out of me after I just saved it. No need to stick around and find out. I make it all the way into my apartment building before looking back to see if I'm being chased. There's no one on the streets. No signs of any wounded animal or anything of that sort.

What a bizarre end to my night.

*-*-*

I'm sitting on my worn-out couch, barely paying attention to what is going on in the movie.

I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about Gray Eyes more than a couple of times. It was like as soon as she stared at me, I got an itch. Or a burn. I don't know exactly where but sometimes something will brush upon it and I'll be reminded of her. Of the burn. And although I am annoyed by it and wished that I could put some Neosporin on it so that it could eventually heal and I could go back to normal, it doesn't.

Once or twice my eyes will be glued to the front entrance of the diner. Or better yet to the lot out front to see if there are any signs on her. It's maddening and very concerning. I've never been this obsessed with anyone in my past. Mostly because I grew up with most of the eligible people in this town and am not attracted to anyone enough to care. But somehow, I developed a crush and nothing I do can take it away.

I know part of it has to do with the fact that she comes in looking worn down. There is a part of me that wants to find out how she's getting hurt, who is to blame. She is small and should be treated with care. Even if she has a feisty attitude, it doesn't warrant those bruises and cuts. My stomach always gets in knots when I think about it, so I don't dwell on it. Not if I can't do anything about it.

But I also know that the other part of me is just attracted to her, plain and simple.

Sometimes I relish the feeling. It's foreign and new. Liking someone. Liking someone who is a total mystery. There are no expectations that can be met or fall under. I know nothing about her really and she doesn't know anything about me. She's gorgeous and she can be pretty much anything I wish her to be since it will never go beyond a crush.

It is all harmless.

*-*-*

It is not harmless.

I should have known when I got in the car with Jacky that something wasn't right. She went on and on the whole car ride about the night and what to expect and who I should be ready to talk to. Yet, all I could think about was being back at the diner and waiting for Gray Eyes to walk through.

The more Jacky talks about staying away from those guys with red flags, the more I burrow into my seat. I hate every moment of it and regret coming out. While she has a smoking little red number on, I am in jeans and a see-through black shirt. Cute, but not my best. I don't really want to do my best. Not if Grey Eyes won't get to see it.

So now, I'm sitting in a bar full of eligible people for the night, thanks to singles night, and I can't stop thinking about her.

Jacky notices my distraction and hands me another drink. "Get over him, he's not worth your thoughts."

"That's not it." I drink some more. Maybe this will help loosen me up. Third time's the charm, right?

"If it's about the exam, don't worry! We'll study however long it takes us to get at least a C." She smiles.

I shake my head. "That's not it either."

"Okay, let's put a pin in it until after your drink." She leans in and whispers in my ear. "That guy in the corner has been making eyes at me all night and I need to see what he's packing."

My head falls back in laughter and I push her in his direction. "I need some air. Take your time!"

After standing, the floor starts moving and I shake my head. This is my sign to stop drinking so fast. Especially if I'm expected to make it as long as Jacky is. She has been drinking like a champ and not one word has been slurred nor one step has been mistaken. I push through the front doors of the bar, avoiding the side patio full of men in button-downs, ready to talk. I don't want to talk. I want to go home. But I'm staying for Jacky. She's been the nicest person I've met in a long time. I'm in need of those type of people right now. All my high school friends have moved on to bigger and better cities or have stayed behind and moved with their significant other to a house and filled it with kids. I don't fit into any of those two categories.

"Avery?" Someone calls to me from down the sidewalk.

I turn and nearly fall on my ass. It's her. Holy shit, it's her.

It is hard to mistake the full head of black hair falling down her back. Even in jeans and a long sleeve shirt, she looks so good. Like she's not trying hard at all and still somehow looks gorgeous. She has no makeup on but there is a faint blush on her cheeks.

She's here...at singles night.

"Hi," I weakly wave at her. She is with a group of people but tells them something and comes over to me.

"What are you doing here alone?" Her eyes go up to the bar sign and she squints. Guess she's not aware of the theme tonight. Only one way to find out.

"It's singles night." I brush the hair out of my face and stand a little taller. Yeah, sell that desperation off as confidence.

"Oh," Her brows furrow. "You shouldn't come to these things alone."

The door opens behind me. She takes my arm to help me move out of the way. Shit, I'm much drunker than I initially thought. My body isn't reacting fast enough to what is going on around me. Oh, fuck. I'm drunk and I'm talking to her. I can't be doing this right now! Yet, I know I won't move away until she leaves. Until she ends the conversation. I'm practically inhaling every moment we're spending together at this point.

"I'm here with a friend." My eyes fall on her lips and I lick my own. Naughty thoughts sneak into my mind. Maybe sneak in isn't the right word. The door is wide open and I'm letting them run wild.

"Um," She steps back and places her hands behind her back. "Maybe you should go back inside."

"Will you be coming in?" I stare back at her group of friends, mostly guys who are staring at both of us with interest. Okay, maybe I can spin this into something else so I don't seem so desperate. "Maybe one of your friends is looking for a casual hookup?" I barely manage to say the word without swallowing hard. Smooth.

She chuckles, a little too hard, and ushers me back into the bar by my lower back. The touch sends thrills up and down my spine but I try to play it cool. Her hand is burning a hole through the material. A few people turn to look at her and I know it's because of her eyes. She's just so damn captivating. The jealousy that claws at my throat is unexpected. Maybe she shouldn't be here. I turn around to order her back out but we end up bumping into each other.

"Uh," I look into her light eyes and then down at her lips. Both doing unforgivable things to my brain.

"Where is your friend?" She comes up to say in my ear. The music is obnoxiously loud, but I'm grateful for it at the moment.

I lean in to whisper in her ear and get a whiff of nature. She smells of trees and dirt and things that I never thought were attractive but now find incredibly sexy coming from her. It's like standing next to a waterfall and inhaling a mixture of everything outdoors. "She's preoccupied at the moment."

My finger points to Jacky, who is hanging off a buff guy's arm. She's laughing at whatever he says. He's eating all up. Go Jacky!

"Maybe you should go home." She pulls back so I can no longer smell her.

Say something bold!

"But I haven't found someone to hook up with tonight." I try to go for a sexy pout.

She looks concerned. Definitely not working. "Just be safe." She shakes her head and moves to turn around.

"Wait, what's your name?" I grab her hand. I forgot how hot she feels. It feels many degrees hotter with alcohol in my system.

"Addison. But you can call me Addy." Her smile is faint but it is enough for me.

I nod and wave goodbye as she leaves.

"Bye, Addy."

*-*-*

Jacky turns over an index card and clucks her tongue.

"I'm feeling less sure about this exam with every turn of your cards." I groan and sit back.

We've been studying for hours at my place and it started off strong but now I'm not so sure. With each passing hour, my mind finds it harder and harder to focus on the information at hand. It keeps going back to Addy. Addy with her cute hair and hypnotic eyes. With her soft lips and her tantalizing smell. I should have made a move that night. Instead, I went home alone and just thought about our interaction over and over again.

Much like what I'm doing now.

"Break time!" Jacky gets up and goes to the kitchen to make some popcorn. She's been here enough times to know the snacks available are limited but she's welcomed to all of them. She says she still prefers it to being at home with her parents. I try to remind her that paying the amount of money I am is not worth leaving that comfort.

"Sounds good to me." I flip the book closed and stare up at the ceiling.

Addy was concerned for me. My heart does a little flip every time I think about what she said. She really seemed to care that I was safe. She may not have said much, but when she did, it sent me over the moon. Her hand on my lower back sent tingles up and down my spine.

"Okay, enough with the googly eyes. Who is he?" Jacky puts the bowl of popcorn between us.

I shake my head and cover my face. The flush is hard to hide.

"I've been trying to be patient and not question why you left single's night alone but enough is enough. I demand answers!" She pulls out a small bottle of liquor from her bag.

Jacky also left alone that night alone but mostly in solidarity. She could have left with the big guy if she wanted to. I know she at least got his number so I don't feel as bad. It also made me feel safer having her drive me home. I have no problem taking public transportation but maybe not that late at night. And definitely not alone.

"Always prepared, I see." We laugh as we take turns drinking. Study time is officially over. "It's a girl." I blurt out.

Her eyes widen as big as her smile. "Didn't know you had it in you, Avery. Who is she?" She amends.

"No one really," I take another drink. "Just some girl I met at the diner where I work at."

"Okay, scandalous. Sleeping with the clientele." She giggles.

"Oh my god, no." I shake my head. "I've never done that before and I don't think I will get the chance even if I wanted to."

"Why not?" She gives me the bowl of popcorn.

"She hasn't come by in weeks. I think I may have blown my chance." This is really what has been going on in the back of my mind.

While I do fantasize about how amazing Addy looks and what I would like to do to her if I ever got the chance, there is a tiny nagging thought in the back of my mind that I ruined everything at the bar that night. I tried to seem like I was interested in hooking up with one of her friends. If that doesn't send her running for the hills, I don't know what will. I'm sure if the roles were reversed, I would have been annoyed, but then again, I would have probably taken her up on any offer. So, why didn't she?

"Let's role play!" She takes a big drink and hands me what little there is left in the bottle. "I'll be her and you be you." She leans back and pretends to open a book. "What would you say to her as she reads over the menu?"

"She doesn't read the menu. She just orders black coffee." I point out.

She makes a face but puts the fake menu down. She places both hands under her chin and waits for me to say something.

"I can't do this." I look away, ashamed at how much I want to talk to the real Addison. Why is this becoming so important to me? Maybe I do just need to get laid and get over whatever this is. Maybe. Or maybe I can keep pining from a safe distance. Maybe I shouldn't act upon this specific impulse. It is not as if she is encouraging any of it anyways.

"Come on! Okay, just tell me, what do you really feel?" Jacky straightens her face again to continue the role play.

"She's hot." I turn red as I say it. It's the honest to God truth. "Like, the hottest person I've ever seen."

SkylerLuv
SkylerLuv
801 Followers