All Comments on 'Blaire and Foster - A New Direction Pt. 04'

by Aurora22

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 years ago

I am captivated by this relationship despite the frustration you intended to create in your readers (at least this reader). I actually feel the angst — not dread, but anxiety, which attests to your writing skills. Two questions/observations that surface for me: One, Blaire wonders if something can grow between them despite not feeling a spark as she had with others. That is hard to reconcile with her expressed feelings; maybe reflects the internal struggle with identity because she acknowledges sparks in so many ways. Two, Blaire wonders if there is any hope of at least being friends again. Given what they have experienced and their feelings, friends only is an impossibility — wishful thinking. In the Epilogue, certainly understand the problem with distance. So does an Epilogue spell the end? If so, sadly no resolution. Given how they wrestled with their relationship, gratitude and appreciation seems a bit hard to believe/almost pollyanna-like. Could also reflect my getting too caught up. Thanks for sharing and hope you continue.

Aurora22Aurora22about 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you for engaging so much with this story. As I've alluded to there are elements of my own life woven into this story, I kind of used this to try to get questions and uncertainties that I will likely never have answers to from my own unrequited love story lines. I wove theories and possibilities and the grappling of feelings into it since I think that real life relationships also have many of these dualities in them. Sometimes maybe people can feel strongly about two things and in the end just chose one direction and stick with it never being able to fully understand or articulate why they are choosing that path.

I tried to use this as a way to let go of the story, the angst, the silence, the questions and the lack of resolution that I was left to sort out. I tried to document a little bit of what I had dreamed and hoped for, but also how inevitably I also had to leave the situation I was facing with peace despite the turmoil that it brought. I think love for others and love for self is a choice we will have to make every single day we wake up. And even in the face of the unanswered questions and the others choice to leave, I still choose love deep down.

I'm very new to writing but this has sparked a few new ideas. but this storyline is one that I have to leave behind for now because that might be the only way I can heal and love again in real life.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 years ago

I tried email “contact” for a follow up note, but not sure how well that works. Simply want to say again how much I enjoyed/got caught up in this storyline and the believable characters; more over, to thank you for responding to my comments. Some authors do so (I get it folks are busy), and it means a lot to those of us who share impressions/suggestions. The comment mechanism is not a very efficient way to engage but is what it is. I really appreciate that you shared some of the grit behind the storyline, and how getting it out was cathartic. As a near hopeless romantic, I “move” the story in my mind, and certainly agree that “fires can burn” no matter the make up of the relationship and for how ever long. You write well, and I hope that you continue to share. If you ever need someone to take a quick look or more, let me know.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAurora22@Aurora22
I've enjoyed some of the content on here and decided to start writing. My passion is to create content that destroys the Mad Men style, old school heteronormative fairy tale that far too many women and men are hoping for. I want people to learn that maybe the sparks in a relat...