Blessings

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I read the incoming text from Martin's wife. It pleased me to no end, Martin was finally getting what he deserved. He was going to be prosecuted for distribution, and this was his third strike, so he was looking at years and years in prison with little hope of parole. He was facing grand theft charges against me and my soon-to-be ex-wife. My lawyer had rounded up a bunch of angry ex-husbands. If he makes bail, he won't make it ten feet outside of the courthouse. The price on his head was two million dollars. I had nothing to do with that, but I was willing to provide free legal assistance for anyone charged with his murder.

"He is in custody now. Wait till they open his fuckin laptop! Names and dates with drug dealers, and of course some kiddie porn that will get you ten years behind bars. He's got all your credit cards and all of your bank numbers in there too. He took out a thousand dollars from each of your credit cards. I guess for his lawyer. He is so fucked now." I expressed.

"Did you put any of that shit in his laptop?" She asked me.

"Fuck no! But we did document it, all of it. We had a nice talk with the Assistant District Attorney all about it. He got a warrant because he stole the credit card numbers from Sasha. It's all gonna come out in court. Hey Sasha."

"Yes Max?"

"The cops will be calling for you soon. Are you going to swear out a warrant against him, or just let him rob you blind? Just so you know, I am not paying those scam credit cards in your name. You better call the fraud department at your bank and let them know that you didn't apply for those two new cards. You might be on the hook for the money he took out otherwise." I told her. Sasha didn't seem to care. "You should try to separate yourself from him, or maybe you will be charged as an accomplice. Better get a good lawyer."

Sasha was staring at me with her sister... locked in a deep loving embrace. We held each other as Sasha had her regular rant. Now Sasha was silent as she stared at her sister and me. Perhaps she was finally getting the picture. I had had enough of her bullshit to last me a lifetime. Plus I have sincere doubts that Sasha loves me one iota. Not after I watched her so happy with her criminal boyfriend Martin. Why do women only seem to like the "bad boy" types? So I reluctantly decided that Sasha was not worth my time or energy to pursue. Her heart belonged to the criminal, not me anymore. We were married in name only.

"You knew that Martin was going to get stopped by the cops? How?"

"I didn't know for sure. My detective is a retired cop. She is very good at her job. She is still a sworn officer of the court, so she had no alternative but to make a few calls and present her evidence. I had asked her to wait until you guys got back together, but she said she had no choice as she had direct evidence of him picking up a big haul of drugs. I didn't want to spoil your fun time with him. I... I know that you love him. Anyway you can go ask mommy and daddy to put up his bail. It's likely to be very high, considering the amount of product he was hauling. Under the circumstances, I will not be helping Martin get out of jail." The doorbell rang. "That's for you Sasha." Sasha put on her robe and went to the door. Cynthia and I quickly put on some clothes.

"Are you Sasha McCade?" a very pretty woman asked her. The woman was my detective. I really love that woman!

"Yes," Sasha replied. The woman handed her a big fat manilla envelope.

"You have been served. You might want to speak to your credit card companies. Your boyfriend is trying to use two fraudulent credit cards to bail his way out of jail. I doubt he will have enough cash to do so, but I don't think he will be returning your money to you. Here are the two card numbers in question. Oh and by the way, you ought to call a lawyer right now. I think the cops are on their way here for you. I need to take a pic of you holding the envelope. Thanks and good luck." My detective was making pin money executing legal service for me.

"You're divorcing me Max? I thought you loved me?" Sasha asked me wide eyed.

"Yes, I did love you Sasha. You do not love me. You haven't loved me for at least a year now. You should be happy. I am giving you back your freedom. I have seen all the evidence. So go. You rented out that cheap apartment for you and your boyfriend. So pack your bags and go there." I wanted her gone. I had had enough of her fuckin bullshit.

"Max, let her stay, PLEASE!" Cynthia loves her sister no matter what.

"Cynthia, she will be in police custody unless she gets her ass outta here quickly. You think her boyfriend didn't try to pin everything on her? The police will have a bunch of hard questions for her. She should get a move on for her own sake. Sasha, don't tell us where you are going so we can't tell the cops."

"What do you mean?" Sasha had not figured it out yet.

"If we don't know, they can't find you, and if we don't know where, they can't force us to say anything." I tried to explain it to her. " If you don't get going, the cops will be here soon, and they will arrest you, take you to jail and throw your ass in a cell. If you don't believe me, just wait ten minutes."

"Darling I'm hungry. Let's go get something to eat." Cynthia wanted food. I thought about it. Cynthia was not begging me to allow her sister to stay. I guess she is in agreement with my police assessment.

"Ok Honey I am hungry too. Let's go." I grabbed a small clothes-filled overnight bag for my ex, and shoved her out the door. "There's some clothes for you. If you're not in jail, come back tomorrow and get your stuff please." I locked the door behind me. "Locks are changed. Call me to let me know when you are ready." I tried to be nice as it may be the last time I see Sasha outside of a courtroom, or maybe... jail. What was that expression? You lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

"Max, I..." there were real tears on my "almost ex-wife's" face. I guess she was in a bit of shock. The truth will do that to you.

"Come on Cynthia, I don't want to chat with the po po right now either. You better make tracks Sasha. Perhaps you should call your lawyer too. You know your true love is spinning a yarn about you right now. Good luck with him, be happy. Have a good life. Goodbye Sasha." I pulled Cynthia with me. We had to go right now. Cynthia wanted to thank her sister.

"Thanks Sasha, for letting me have your discards. I hope things work out for you guys. Goodbye!" She kissed her sister. Last I saw her, Sasha was just standing there in a daze. That was quite unlike Sasha. We booked out of there not waiting for the cops.

I felt a bit of relief, and deep sadness for my stupid ex-wife. She had brought all this on. I had tried to fix it. She didn't WANT it fixed. So be it. One more thing. Cynthia was no 'consolation prize'. She may yet wind up to be the love of my life. She certainly loved me, and I loved her in return. She did help me get over her sister, and I am working on forgiveness for Sasha's evil actions towards me. I thank God every single day I wake up and see her beautiful eyes focused on ME. I am blessed.

12