All Comments on 'Blindsided (In 750 Words)'

by IWroteThis

Sort by:
  • 122 Comments
Jetcrash747Jetcrash7473 months ago

Short, sweet, truthful it’s amazing that the husband can pay attention to the wife’s menstrual cycle, in most women it happens every month

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Game! Set! Match!

5

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed3 months ago

Another entitled bitch tries to use family pressure to control her soon to be ex paycheck, umm, husband.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith3 months ago

Short and straight to the point! Well written. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

SwordWielderSwordWielder3 months ago

The only thing missing is definite proof of why he isn't the father ( i.e. he's sterile due to disease or accident). If so, I'm very surprised that wasn't discussed during the dating process.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice993 months ago

He'll move her out She'll go to court where judge will ruie she can stay until divorce with spousal support especially when she tells him husband threatened her life and tried to kikll the baby . She gets a rstraining order to stay 200 fett from her at all times ALso she can stay until baby is born to test for parenthood. He is given 1 day to remove himself from home with police supervising He freaks out takes a swing at wife and ends in jail for a month all the while the hvac unit in barn msyteriously quits working and the leaking roof damaged the stored furniture When he gets out he gets the judge to allow him to remove the water damaged furniture and moved into dump to wait for divirce Parents refuse to talk to him especially when the baby is born and it is proved it is his He will be paying forit fr it for the next twenty years Temper temper little man

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Splendid,

Ed

demanderdemander3 months ago

Such exciting news. D

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Why did they get married in the first place? One year into the marriage and things are ugly. Was there ever any magic? Surely a guy with his resolute disposition wouldn't be railroaded into an unwanted marriage. That being said the end was a blast.

L.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It is 750 so well done on that score, although you maybe short if edited. It was also readable although just maybe you should have gone with a longer story, something suggests that would have word better. Still thank you did enjoy.

JensensloverJensenslover3 months ago

"but I'm pretty sure it was just an excuse to get me out of the house so SHE I wasn't around her."

Adding words that are not needed in a sentence to make a story 750 words is ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She went total bitch in under a year? Damn you'd think there would have been signs before the ceremony?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A good story where the tables are turned on a cheater.

60022Mallard60022Mallard3 months ago

Let's just hope the inevitable DNA test doesn't leave him on the hook!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A good contribution to the few anti-cuck tales, with husbands acting and reacting with a male brain. Too bad they usually are just one short page.

kirei8kirei83 months ago

One of the better 750 word stories. 4.5 stars!

MorbidromanticMorbidromantic3 months ago

I loved it and rated it 5*. The husband didnt take the "shit" her cheating wife was dishing him out and divorced her. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That's how a short story should be! All said and done!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good one short and entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very nice, to the point.

SorchakSorchak3 months ago

It's not that amazing, @Jetcrash747, IF the woman has a regular period. My wife's, for example, jumps all over the place. Some times it only lasts 3 days, some times it's a week. Some times it's the beginning of the month, some times it's the end of the month. And although it does happen once-a-month, in her case it's never the same twice. So men with wives who have normal, predictable periods are lucky. As the MC in this story apparently was. Because he knew she'd missed hers, and he wasn't the reason.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

I really enjoyed the short but it was too short for a full story. The readers were misled as to how much he knew so you could reveal the surprise. Then the story stops as shit hits the fan. 4.4*

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594193 months ago

Straight to the point I like it

someoneothersomeoneother3 months ago

I know these stories are supposed to be short, but there is just a bit too much missing to make the story entertaining.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19553 months ago

750 word stories are difficult to not come off incomplete or hollow. IWroteThis did a good job of conveying the story. Of course there is more that could be added, but this is the challenge of this feat. I got everything I needed from so few words. 5 stars.

Regguy69Regguy693 months ago

Nicely done. You will continue to get complaints about it being too short and, like you, that baffles me. It clearly says it is a 750-word effort so it is short by definition. Who buys a pair of shorts and then bitches because they don't cover their calves? Granted you need to include enough detail to convey the thought and that is exactly the challenge of the 750-word effort. I thought you did it pretty well.

Turning502019Turning5020193 months ago

Good telling in short form. I’m beginning to like the 750 word stories more and more

DickTraceyDickTracey3 months ago

Nice. Lol

Thanks

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Always 5&FAV for new writers. Your a brave one swimming in this shark tank we lovingly call LW

BeBopper99BeBopper993 months ago

5* Short, yet thorough and concise. Write On!!!

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion3 months ago

I don't normally like or comment on these 750-word stories but this one I liked. Doesn't really tell the full story but it does cover enough of the story to make sense.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades3 months ago

Good Job, thanks for your writing.

Hooked1957Hooked19573 months ago

JustOneMansOpinion said it all. Completely agree.

Hooked

DazzyDDazzyD3 months ago

And then you die!

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice3 months ago

Brief stories are a challenge to do well. This one hit all the marks. 5*

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker3 months ago

It needs more 'fleshing out', as they say, but still, it's a good story. It has 5 stars for the payback. It would be better if we knew more, and I'll keep my snarky comments to myself. I am glad he found out in time. the Bear likes it. More, please.

The BEAR

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer3 months ago

So, another of the emotional venting stories that are all about the simply emotional aspects and very, very, light on what the Law allows in these situations. eg No, he cant just kick her out of the marital home. There are legal procedures that must be followed. But, as they say, lets not let FACTS interfere with a good, venting, story.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

Ir was potenrially a good one

Wishe md it had a longer ending..

Thanks @IWroteThis

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon3 months ago

I think truthandjustice99 has had a stroke. Either that, or their cock cage is strangling their 2 inches of "man"-hood.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Except for the "she I" typo, I liked it. Good for 750 words.

To me, this story was neither RAAC of course, nor BTB because the MC didn't really do anything to the wife except clarify (her unstated implication being he was the dad) and kick her out as he divorced her.

truthandjustice99 is, IMHO, some kind of cranky pants spoiler. The CENTRAL PREMISE was that she was 2 months pregnant even though the couple hadn't had sex for 2 months, save one occasion AFTER she missed her period. AND that her cycle was predictable, which does happen for many, if not most, women (give or take a couple of days.)

Sorry, but you don't get to change the central premises which are THE GROUNDS RULES to make your point.

Otherwise, you're making a point about a story that DOESN'T EXIST. Hello?

If you didn't like how this story played out, well, TDB.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ah….the downside of a 750…paucity of info 😎

.

The denouement was telegraphed with the “both” parents invite. Frankly, I expected him to reveal a medically related reason why he could not have been the father. Just alleging that they weren’t having sex — in front of both sets of parents — was rather lame. Obviously a DNA test will need to be done.

.

He spun that divorce up real fast, too. Less than a week from dinner announcement to serving. And he didn’t bother to inform HIS parents of his suspicions? Did he have more evidence than her pregnancy with him having fucking her?

.

Still….it was a good flash tale, that I enjoyed.

.

4 ****

BSreaderBSreader3 months ago
Interesting

But....

MountainMan1336MountainMan13363 months ago

I gave this story 5 stars, it is good to read a story in Loving Wives where the husband is not taking any crap from a cheating slut. Kick her ass to the curb and find a good woman if there are any left in America.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban3 months ago

Well done! I really enjoyed this story! 5/5 BRB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nice work, nothing missing, thank you. Terse, but packing everything needed into 750 words demands that.

To any naysayers, I can only suggest that if you need more, skip the 750s. I too appreciate well written, multi-part stories. But the 750s are like appetizers, don't judge them the way you would a main course.

silentsoundsilentsound3 months ago

Nice quick burn.

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Great short story, right to the point.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not bad for a 750 word vignette. Four stars from me. I think I am generous this morning.

JPB

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

"amazing that the husband can pay attention to the wife’s menstrual cycle, in most women it happens every month" - So why is it amazing? It happens every month, he usually gets shut off that week.

\

@SwordWielder, yes, if he was known sterile, that's something that would have come up before marriage.

\

@truthandjustice, you can do pre-natal paternity tests, and how can it be proven to be his when it was stated that it isn't? You can't make up facts not in the story to suit your own agenda.

\

@Jensenlover, the author was planning on writing "so that she could have her lover over." then was over 750 and cut too many words!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You can warm yourself from the nuclear blast.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It amazes me that even with only 750 words that some cannot follow the story.

1. The wife forces hubby to play golf every Sunday so she can spend time with lover.

2. She cuts him off from sex for 2 months.

3. She resumes sex after missing her period.

Wife was unaware her husband was tracking her menstrual cycle. The confirmation of pregnancy when no sex had occurred during any window of conception would negate the possibility of him being the father.

IWroteThisIWroteThis3 months agoAuthor

@RePhil - Thanks for the kind words. Actually, my lowest rated story is not in LW. It's also barely commented on, so I'm not sure what I did wrong there.

-

@Demosthenes384bc - I never said it was the husband who was blindsided...

-

@Jensenslover - Sorry, but that was an honest mistake. The previous version of the line said "so she didn't have to be around me" but I decided that would work better if she was going out and leaving him at home. Unfortunately, the resulting "she I" had the line wrap between them in my editing software and I completely missed it when proofreading. I had to cut several words elsewhere to get down to the limit, so missing that typo is doubly annoying.

-

@truthandjustice99 - That sounds like an interesting story. Make sure to let me know when you post it so I can check it out. I would love it if you also included an "Inspired by" reference to mine.

-

@SwordWielder & @60022Mallard - That was covered by this line: "Yeah, nothing suspicious about two days of lackluster sex after two months without." Basically, she had one period since they last had sex and then missed her period (already being pregnant) before the next time they had sex. Well, I guess it's possible that she fucked him in his sleep so he wouldn't get to enjoy it and it actually is his child, but that would remove the necessity of doing it after she missed her period to fool him into thinking it was his. Heck, maybe it was his identical twin brother that was given up at birth for adoption because their parents couldn't handle two children and the DNA test will falsely show him as the father! Oh, wait, those are elements from two completely different stories I'm writing rather than this one, so scratch that. In this one, he's not the father.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What I dislike is this short story . It would have been a good 3 page story with all the facts and characters involved since he knew she cheated and was such a bitch in a short marriage. What went wrong so fast is the question.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Now please write a complete story with all facts included. To short but doable in a longer story that is complete.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

5 stars for a great tale. DMW aka Sumnut96

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Luv a good karma's a beeatch story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

one of the better 750 stories. nice 5 star job.

FordF150guyFordF150guy3 months ago

Short, sweet, and satisfying! 5*****

qball20142qball201423 months ago

First, let me say I hate 750 stories they never seem complete to me, but this is the first one I’ve really liked although I would like to see it expanded. Also, I never give five stars for stories because they always have something that can be improved or changed to make the story better. This is the first five star I’ve given in a very long time. Thank you for the story. Keep up the good work.

Barkinbeast2010Barkinbeast20103 months ago

Big yawn to truth and justice who despite the name pops up to champion the cheaters plight..Pointing out a lot of the twisted ways immoral wives and the family court system can stick it to a cheated on husband. Truth and justice champion a cause against both their hand justice how novel -!is truth a woman or just one of those girly men who follow the feminist agenda?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Succinct Five stars

Happily_Married87Happily_Married873 months ago

Great story enjoyed it!

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aa3 months ago

Very nicely done but a little unrealistic. If he knew of her cheating, why wait... Mr happy agrees with the "Bear". We needed more, more context, more background, and more revenge. 4 stars for this quickie.

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

I liked it, but I'd like to know how he knew to be prepared with the divorce papers.

RodrigoHacheRodrigoHache3 months ago

This story needs an ending

GhostdogginGhostdoggin3 months ago

@Just_Words He somehow knew she missed her period during a time where they weren't having sex so knew she was pregnant by someone else. He probably had the papers drawn up and when she mentioned getting both sets of parents together realized it was to announce "their" pregnancy and decided that was the best time to pull the trigger.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

short sweet and the whore is on her feet moving on alone and beat. So long, farewell now just go to hell, Don't call, don't write you ass ain't worth the fight. Tell lover boy your his crack now but watch his back because the pain is coming.....not over you because your not worth it but because he shit in the wrong yard and now his ass is going to reap the pain.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nice reveal! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Short & Sweet

Captcha

IWroteThisIWroteThis3 months agoAuthor

@LenardSpencer - Even if he can't kick her out immediately, the house is not community property and she will end up moving out. The furniture currently in the house is community property, so he has every right to pack it up and move it out. The only restriction is that she is entitled to her share of it or it's value in the divorce.

-

@sbrooks103x - You were close on the editing change, but it was actually "so she didn't have to be around me." Your version was still pretty accurate, but I was trying to reflect his impression from that point in time rather than including current knowledge.

-

@Mrhappy4aa - It depends on when he had his "Aha!" moment and realized she was cheating as well as being a bitch. If it was when she told him about the lunch date, that's less than a week to get the papers drawn up and filed, which is pretty impressive. If it was when they had sex, as he hinted in his comments, that's only around a month which seems to me to be pretty reasonable to get everything in order and filed. It's rarely a good idea to alert a cheating spouse before you have consulted a lawyer and worked out a plan to protect yourself. The exception is when there is a physical risk to continuing the charade, which was not the case here.

-

@Just_Words - I thought I made it fairly clear that he figured out she was pregnant from her missing her period and that she wanted him to think it was his from the unusual bouts of sex shortly thereafter. The planned lunch with both parents was a confirmation. When he figured it out is a little unclear, but I didn't think the how was.

-

"And he didn’t bother to inform HIS parents of his suspicions?" (Anonymous) - Never underestimate the power of the first grandchild over a would-be grandmother. Especially if he was an only child, she may see overlooking this little "indiscretion" as the only way she will get a grandchild. Or maybe it was a case of his wife being the daughter his mother never had and he knew she would side with her against him for that reason. Or, maybe she is a lot like his wife and his dad isn't actually his father.

<BR>

In the end, yeah, it was probably cruel for him to let her get her hopes up about a grandchild. If I ever figure out why he did that, I'll try to write another chapter. The unexpected second chapter to Her Turn should post overnight, so I mean it when I say I'll write the next chapter if it comes to me. Don't hold your breath though, as I always saw the story being over for this couple (and the one in Taking The Wind Out Of Their Sails) while I didn't see an end in Her Turn, but just them getting past a rough patch in their ongoing marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Take that whore!

Syd254Syd2543 months ago

To all of those whoo made comments about lack of information, lack of ending etc, remember that this is a 750 word story, not a 5 pages epistle. There is a limit to how much can be written. Why don't you try writing another ending?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

All negative comments aside ~ add an ending, how did he know, what happens next, yada yada, etc. On and on wouldn't make it a "750er". He knew, he waited in the tall grass, he had all of his ducks in a row..... Good short story ~ fill in your own blanks. Well done!

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

That really ruined dessert and coffee. That was a good one.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Could have been a good full story. Instead, it's just another 750 word 'unfinished' version.....hate this time of year on this site.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Some concepts work in the 750 format. In the situation described, all the dramatic juice would have been in the aftermath. But that's the part sacrificed...So it doesn't, at least for me.

AmbulAmbul3 months ago

The big surprise meant that everything heard the same message at the same time. which was perfect. My only question is was the wife different before they got married, as she was obviously fucking around from day one. I did like the story.

114FSO114FSO3 months ago

Great treat for the cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not sure what all the griping is about in comments. Good story, true 750-worder

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent, no wasted verbiage. To the point and bam !!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That was a waste of time. Thankfully not that much because it was so short!

Pinto931Pinto9313 months ago

You’ve done pretty well with short stories, so are you planning to up your game with some longer ones?

NitpicNitpic3 months ago
Now

Now,that's the way to do it.

Chimo1961Chimo19613 months ago

Pregnant and alone ha haha ha.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster13 months ago

Nicely done in 750 words...

...and with both sets of parents there, he laid out the (battle) lines for the divorce to come.

No reaction from her when she was served, and depending on the locale he may not be able to get rid of her until a DNA test can be done, but it seems he has his ducks in a row.

Five stars from here.

Diecast1Diecast13 months ago

Nice story. AAA+++

IWroteThisIWroteThis3 months agoAuthor

@Pinto931 - The short answer is yes.

The long answer is that most of the stories I'm working on are much longer than 750 words. I hadn't planned on submitting this many 750 word stories this year. I only had one ready to go and waiting for the February event, but the feeling of putting it out there was kind of addictive and here we are...

I'm actually down to just one 750 word story in my WiP folder and one in my Ideas/Snippets folder. There are probably a few others that will end up as 750 word stories, but none of them are developed enough to say for sure. Now, the good news you're looking for is that I have 10 stories currently in the WiP folder, and potentially dozens more still in the I/S folder. Of course, the bad news is that full stories take me longer to finish and I'm still kind of itching to post those last two 750 worders before the event ends...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Da HO got hers!

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture3 months ago

Another 750 word story needs a lot of work this could have been 5 stars but again lacked depth, another skimmer across what could have turned into a good story

XluckyleeXluckylee2 months ago

Different than the usual stories on this site. I loved it 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Waste of time ! No real storyline . Just an incredibly short rewrite of an overused trope .

Man inherited a house ..... that's been done !

Wife wants it decorated to her taste , hates his stuff ....... that's been done !

Wife gets pregnant to another man ....... that's being done a lot , but then it is LW !!

An announcement is made in front of family where wife gets served ..... that's been done too .

The whole thing looks more like bullet points , a direction of ideas to be fleshed out in order to tell a story .

It is woefully short . Way too short to afford any drama , character development or excitement .

But in fairness to this author , it does seem writing more than half a page is beyond him .

Actually , I'm not sure if the title ' author ' applies to a person who writes ' stories ' that are shorter than most people's emails .

DK . No stars .

Thanks for posting and allowing comments .

Keep scratching away , I'm sure you'll write a whole page one day .

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

And yet more comments that the fast food burger didn't come with a soup course and dessert. For crying out loud, it's 750 words, not 750 paragraphs. The word count is shown several times, it's even in the title!

It's just like the blatant cuck-tales or BTB's, if you don't like the format, don't read the stories!

eor

☆☆☆☆☆

Pour encourager les autres.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wam, Bam thank you MAM!!! Yake no prisoners!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The criticism here is not about A 750 word story but whether this writer can write anything longer than a 750 word story .

These short stories in general are all well and good , but it seems to have become something of a fad amongst would be authors. Most are unworthy of being called a story simply because there is such a lack of content .

To write a decent story is not easy . To write a decent story in 750 words has to be much more difficult .

There are perhaps too many would be authors who simply wish to have a moment of fame and are only too happy to pass of any kind of nonsense as a story simply to satisfy their ego .

Put simply , its not about the fast food burger not coming with a soup course or dessert . Its about whether or not the fast food burger is edible .

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Predictable story, but liked the ending.

IWroteThisIWroteThis2 months agoAuthor

"would be authors" - Anonymous

---

Would you like to know one of the most common reasons that so many "would be authors" never become "real" authors? It's because they start out by trying to write a novel.

-

I know this, because I did this.

---

Writing short stories is the first step in building the skills and habits needed to write longer stories. Writing 750 word stories is actually a higher step, even if the stories are shorter.

-

I'm actually posting stories here based on advice I was given by a fellow writer. They suggested that posting short stories under a fake name on a site where I get rapid (and rather honest) feedback will lead to better development of the skills that I need to finally write the stories I started out wanting to write. I hadn't planned on posting so many 750 word stories, but joining the 750 Word Project was the impetus to finally create my account and start posting. Then I really got into it and my longer stories kind of got pushed aside during February, but I'm working on a couple I hope to have ready to post soon.

chytownchytown2 months ago

*****Oh that was a neat one. Damn good use of 750 words. Thanks for sharing.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIWroteThis@IWroteThis
I'm a long time reader and long time writer who finally worked up the nerve to share some of the "naughty" creations that I've never let anybody else read.