Daughters of the Moon Pt. 02

Story Info
Carla is captured by vampires.
14.1k words
4.83
5k
7

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 10/21/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
testudo
testudo
138 Followers

Chapter 2

Carla woke with a gasp. She jerked into a sitting position and looked around wildly. She didn't know where she was. She was lying on a bed in a lord's bedroom. With an embroidered coverlet and rich wallpaper with gold leaf. The only thing wrong was the lack of windows. The room was lit only by the glow of mage wrought lamps. Carla could just make out the outlines of windows that had been covered over with wallpaper. She looked down at herself and realized her clothes had been cleaned and mended. All the blood, sweat and ash of the siege had been wiped away. They had used a more powerful grooming spell than Carla could afford. Even her hair felt freshly washed and brushed. Carla pushed away the thought that whoever had her wanted her to look pretty for them.

Carla tried the door but unsurprisingly it was locked. She banged on it and it was just as strong and immovable as she would expect a thick oak door to be. When she banged on it, she could sense the weight of wood underneath the elaborate carved veneer. She took a step back and called up her magic, muttering the intricate syllables of a spell to blow the door off its hinges.

Nothing happened.

Carla stared at her hands, then looked inward. Her magic was always there to greet her: a warm friend at her side; a mischievous partner in crime; a fierce protector when danger reared its head. And now her magic was gone. For the first time since she had burned off Billy Einhorn's eyebrows when he had groped her as a child, she was alone.

She grabbed the rising swell of panic and choked it. Banged it against the walls of her mind and kicked it until it was gone. She was not going to let them get to her. As she refocused on the world around her she saw the tattoo on the back of her hand. It looked like a henna tattoo of the runes used in some written spells. But the runes were twisted, with sharp angles and bladed edges. She brought it to her nose and smelled it. It smelled like fresh blood even though it was completely dry. She tried to summon her magic again, pulling from that deep well inside of her. It had never taken any effort before but now she bent everything she had towards finding her friend, her fierce protector. The tattoo got a little cold but that was all. She was strong. She had to be to get as far as she had. She was a bonfire to most people's torches. That didn't seem to matter now. She sat back down on the bed and stared at the tattoo, wracking her brain for something, anything that could free her from the chains binding her to her gilded prison.

After a little while, the door opened and a woman walked in. She shut the door behind her and she heard it click. She turned to her and Carla saw it was the vampire from the shop. The Baker's wife. Her wide mouth curled into a big friendly smile and Carla saw her fangs.

"Carla, right?" she said, "My name's Gwendolyn. Of House Mircalla. You can call me Gwen."

She found herself backing up past the bed until her back was to the wall on the opposite side of the room from the door. She brought hands up, hoping against hope there would be fire at her fingertips, but Carla was ready to punch the vampire if that's all she had, "You stay away from me or I swear I'll kill you. I'll fucking kill you. You stay the fuck back!"

Gwen rubbed her eyes, "God, can we not do this part?"

Carla blinked, her hands dropping a little, "What?"

"You know, the whole thing where you say 'stay away or I'll kill you,' and I say 'you're mine to do with as I please.' and you say 'let me out of here!' and I say 'surrender to me.' I really... it never really helps and I'd rather just be straight with each other. I mean I'll be straight with you."

As Gwen spoke, Carla felt a wave of emotion wash over her. It wasn't exactly calm, or happiness. It was somewhere in the middle. It was the feeling she got when she was with friends and just talked for a while, caught up on the latest gossip, shared some mildly interesting life events, had a few good laughs, and the food had just finished cooking and you had just started to eat. When she looked at Gwen she felt that connection. He was a childhood friend that she was reuniting with after years apart. A friend she knew so well it was like no time had passed at all.

"Are you doing something to me?" asked Carla.

Gwen waved her hand in the air vaguely, "Yeah," she said, "It's not mind control or anything. I'm just sending out some good vibes. It's the same trick we use to seem all sexy but I'm tweaking it to just seem...friendly."

Carla tried to get angry at her. The idea of a vampire affecting her mind should have filled her with revulsion. But the cloak of Gwen's power turned the anger into an irritation that was almost endearing. It was like getting mad at a friend. And she'd feel terribly guilty saying anything too harsh.

"I wish... I wish you wouldn't do that," was all Carla could manage.

"Sorry," said Gwen. She actually sounded abashed, "but it's for a good cause. We have to have a serious talk and it will go a lot smoother if you're not too freaked out."

She walked over to the bed and sat down. Gestured to the space next to her. Carla hesitated.

"It's alright," said Gwen, "I won't bite."

Carla snorted. It was that snort you do when a joke is bad but it's funny that someone would tell such a bad joke. Gwen reacted to her snort with widened eyes and a ridiculous grin and Carla laughed out loud this time. Part of her knew she was only laughing because of whatever mind trick Gwen was playing, but she also knew that was actually the kind of joke she liked. After another moment's hesitation, she went and sat down on the bed next to Gwen.

"So how much do you remember?" asked Gwen.

"All of it," said Carla. "Did I kill that fucker with the fireball?"

Gwen smiled, "Oh yeah. You roasted him like a pig on a spit."

Carla felt a brief thrill of victory and returned the smile, "Not a friend of yours?"

Gwen snorted, "God no. That entire bloodline is made of assholes. As far as I'm concerned you did the world a favor."

"If they're such assholes why were you with him?"

"Eh," said Gwen. "The Dragon says jump, we all ask how high. At least they're decent in a fight."

Carla felt a thrill of fear at the mention of the Dragon.

"Where am I?" asked Carla, trying to change the subject.

"Oh this is my room. After our little ruckus I brought you here."

"My magic...?"

Gwen gestured at the tattoo on her wrist, "Had one of our blood sorcerers put that on you. It'll fade in a day."

Carla looked down at it. It lay on her wrist like an angry snake.

Carla looked back at her, "Is my sister okay?"

"Yeah she's fine. She got away. Your noble sacrifice was not in vain."

A flood of relief welled up in Carla. Lucy had gotten away. It didn't matter what happened to her. She had done what she needed to do. Anything that came after was worth it. It had to be.

"What are you going to do with me? Are you..." Carla swallowed, "Are you going to feed on me?" asked Carla.

Gwen leaned forward, smiling mischievously, "Do you want me to?"

"What? No!" said Carla.

Gwen kept smiling, "Aw that's a shame. Maybe later. But no. I'm trying to save your life."

"What do you mean?" asked Carla.

"You killed a vampire. The Savons... that's the house the asshole belonged to... they're howling for your blood. I stopped by the wake they're having for the guy you killed and they were trying to outdo each other inventing new methods of torture for you," said Gwen. A look of disgust crossed her face.

Carla swallowed. Fear blossomed in her chest, her gut. She felt lightheaded. Almost separated from her body. She tried not to let it show. It wouldn't help her to look weak.

Then Gwen gave her another of her mischievous smiles, "Buuuut.... I have a way out for you. Technically, I'm the one that captured you so I can claim you as my thrall. My personal servant. You'd become a member of my house. And once you belong to house Mircalla the Savons won't be able to touch you."

Carla blinked for a few moments, digesting what Gwen had told her. "I'm not going to serve a vampire."

"Oh come on. I'm not so bad," Gwen was still smiling, obviously very pleased with herself for her rescue plan. The fangs and the dimples were a very confusing combination.

Carla blinked, "Gwen, you kill people. You murder people to live."

Gwen waved her hand. Like that was an irrelevant detail, "I don't have to. You can just take a little bit from a lot of people. They get better."

"So you don't kill people?"

"I mean only if they deserve it. Or if we're fighting. Look...the world is a vampire, isn't that what they say? Most humans are serfs that spend their lives toiling in fields so their lords can take three quarters of what they make. Then those lords force their serfs to fight their wars for more land where they burn and kill everything they can get their hands on. Meanwhile the priests sit in the cities and towns and drink up the wealth around them, speaking for gods that only care about the souls they claim when we die. Every commoner gives their blood and their bodies and their souls to those above them. They're being eaten a little bit every day. Vampires really aren't any worse. We're just more literal."

"That sounds like some bullshit self-justification to me," said Carla.

Gwen looked angry for a second, then she shrugged, "Maybe. Or maybe you're the one who's been living a lie. You're one of the ones who's been eaten their whole life. Pecked at by the priests who condemn you and guild mages who exploit you. The only difference working for me will be I'll give you the respect you deserve."

Carla hesitated. She thought about everything she gave to Benjamin. To the people of her old village. And how little she got in return, "N-no. No I won't."

Gwen smiled at her obvious hesitation. "Look if you don't do this I have to give you to the Savons. Which will be a bad way to go, trust me. This way you'll live, you'll have a position and respect. And I'll treat you right. I promise."

Carla stared at Gwen, turning what she had been told over in her head. Looking for some way out. Some way to turn this around. But she was trapped, her magic had been taken from her, and she was surrounded by monsters.

"I don't really have a choice, do I?" said Carla, feeling numb.

Gwen shrugged, "Not really. But then we rarely do. You've just got to do the best with what you've got. Don't worry, once you settle in with me you'll wonder why you ever hesitated." Gwen gave her a lazy smile. It had an edge to it that Carla recognized from soldiers who ogled her on the street. From Benjamin when he thought she hadn't noticed. It made Carla even more nervous.

"Why are you doing this?" asked Carla.

Gwen blinked, "What?"

"Helping me."

"You're obviously a powerful practitioner. You'll be really useful..."

"I know but I can't be the first practitioner you've... captured." said Carla, "And it sounds like taking me from the... the Savons could cause trouble for you."

"Maybe," said Gwen. She didn't seem like she wanted to admit it.

"So why risk that? Why me?"

Gwen shrugged, "Partly it's to irritate the Savons. Any chance to tweak their noses gives me another reason to get up in the evening."

Gwen hesitated for a moment before continuing, "It's also... when I saw you in that shop... you broke that Savon's gaze. I've seen veteran knights frozen in terror when a Savon looked them in the eye, unable to defend themselves. But you... You threw yourself in front of your sister and called up fire and fought to protect her. You looked glorious. It's the kind of thing they write songs about. When I saw that I... I knew I couldn't let the Savons have you," Gwen hesitated, searching for the right words, "I knew the world is a better place with you in it."

Gwen looked a little embarrassed but was trying to hide it. Carla felt her throat tightening and she swallowed. It was hard to believe Gwen was talking about her.

Carla looked at Gwen, really looked at her for the first time, and realized she was really quite pretty. She looked young. If she had been a baker's wife she would have just married in the last year or two. Carla always imagined vampires were tall, thin, and sharp, like knives. But Gwen was just a little shorter than average with a broad, curvy figure. She had a wide forehead and round cheeks but a strong jaw and chin. She had a cute button nose and a big mouth that broke into broad smiles. Her eyes were a light forest green and always seemed to be twinkling at a joke. She wasn't beautiful but she was very cute. She wasn't someone who would have songs written about her, but there was a comfort to her presence that made you want to see her again. Carla suddenly had a strong, completely insane urge to kiss her, which was extremely confusing because Carla had never thought about kissing a girl in her life.

Carla stared at this pretty girl who was looking at her expectantly and was trying very hard not to think about how pretty she was. But once Carla had seen it she couldn't unsee it.

"Alright," said Carla. Her voice was barely a whisper.

"Alright what?" asked Gwen hopefully.

"Alright. I'll work for you."

Gwen's face lit up with a smile. This one was less mischievous and more excited. Her dimples were even deeper. Carla had to admit it was a beautiful smile.

"Thank you. I know this sucks but I promise I'll treat you right. I'll protect you. I'll..." Gwen rubbed her face, suddenly nervous, "...I'll make you happy."

Carla thought that was kind of an odd thing to say. But at least Gwen was trying to reassure her.

"Okay," said Carla. She took a breath and let it out in a burst, "Okay."

"You won't regret this, Carla. I promise," said Gwen. Then she clapped her hands, "Alright, let's do this. I've got to put a mark on you. Once I do, the Savons won't be able to touch you unless they go through me."

"You're going to brand me?" asked Carla.

Gwen shook her head, "It's more like a tattoo. It's just a little thing. It'll be fine. Roll up your sleeve. The one without the sorcerer's mark."

Slowly, Carla did as Gwen asked. She wasn't totally sure if this was a good idea. Gwen took her hand and turned her wrist facing up. Then she pulled out a little gold stamp, like the kind to press on wax seals.

"This might feel a little weird."

"What is that?" asked Carla. She started to pull her hand away.

Gwen didn't try to hold on. She just gave Carla a smile, "Its alright. I won't hurt you."

Carla slowly put her hand back in Gwen's lap.

In a quick movement, Gwen opened her mouth and slid her thumb across her fang. Blood welled up that was darker and thicker than human blood. Gwen pressed it into the seal. Then Gwen quickly popped her thumb in her mouth and sucked on it for a minute. Watching Gwen suck her thumb, lips puckering like she was kissing it, sent a flare of excitement through Carla's chest which she pointedly ignored. When Gwen pulled out her thumb it was whole again.

"Okay. Hold still. We want it to be clear."

Gwen brought the seal down on her wrist and pressed it in firmly. The skin under her wrist grew warm and tingled a little. It felt a little like a kiss and Carla made a small gasp in response.

"You okay? It's not supposed to hurt," said Gwen, sounding nervous.

"No, it's fine. I was just startled."

After a moment Gwen pulled the seal away. The mark it had left was clearly the Mircalla house crest. A crescent moon. Gwen had marked her. In blood.

"There you go. All set," said Gwen, "Thank you, Carla. I'm so glad to have... that you..."

Gwen trailed off and licked her lips. She started to lean forward. Carla felt her mouth go dry. Without really thinking, Carla leaned forward also into Gwen's kiss. Gwen's lips were cool but very soft and Carla found the feel of them sliding over hers very comforting. Gwen opened her mouth and the kiss deepened. Carla felt the press of Gwen's cool tongue across her lip and she jumped.

After a minute Gwen pulled back, looking a little dazed. Then she reached up and stroked Carla's cheek.

"Can I kiss your neck?" whispered Gwen. Her voice was thick and hungry.

It took a moment for Carla to understand what Gwen was asking, When she did she knew she should panic, but instead she only felt eager. Her belly blossomed with warm tightness and a knot formed in her chest. She felt the same way the moment kissing turned to something more serious.

But Carla gently pushed Gwen away. It wasn't that Carla didn't want her to. It was that she wanted to see if Gwen would actually listen to her if she said no.

"Not right now. This has been a lot."

Gwen looked angry for just a moment. Then rubbed her face, "Right. Of course. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. Later though, okay?"

That adorable smile returned to Gwen's face, "Yeah?"

"Yeah. Just give me some time."

"Of course. God, I'm sorry. You've had such a crazy day."

"Week," said Carla.

"Right. Right, the siege. Sorry. God, I sound like an idiot."

"No, its fine," said Carla, "You're... I appreciate you asking first."

"Yeah..." said Gwen sounding confused, "Yeah, this isn't really like me...I should probably go. I have duties to perform."

"Blood to collect."

"Exactly. I'll have food sent up and you probably want to get some sleep that isn't from getting knocked out," said Gwen.

"By you."

Gwen gave a nervous laugh, "Right, exactly. Okay... I should go. I'll... see you later?"

"Of course, master."

"Oh god, stop," said Gwen. Then she opened the door and stepped out. She stuck her head back in at the last moment, "I'll see you later."

"Bye, Gwen," said Carla.

Gwen closed the door.

Carla threw herself back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths, and in a minute she was calm enough to think again. She tried to make sense of what had just happened. She turned over her own reactions in her mind. She really had wanted Gwen to bite her. She had to fight with all of her will to resist. Carla normally wasn't even attracted to women. Had Gwen made her feel that way? Carla didn't think so. She had been on the receiving end of Gwen's power before and this felt different. It felt more real. But if Gwen hadn't done anything to her than that had even greater implications that Carla couldn't think about. Carla swallowed. She had told Gwen later. Promised her. Promised herself to Gwen. Carla thought about Gwen's fangs. Would it hurt or... Carla couldn't think about this anymore. It was more than she could handle. She just had to take this one step at a time. Then Carla started the whole train of thought over again. Anxiety and desire tangling around each other in endless loops. She was still trying to sort it out when she drifted off.

...

Carla was jolted awake by the doors to the bedroom flying open. Carla pushed down her panic when she saw it was just Gwen. Then her anxiety returned when she saw the concern on Gwen's face.

"What's wrong?" asked Carla.

"Slight problem, the Savons are contesting me taking you as a thrall," said Gwen.

"Contesting?"

"Yes. They're claiming you belong to them. It's ridiculous of course. I'm the one that captured you and I put my mark on you. They don't have any standing. But Savons would start a fight with the sun if they thought it'd get them a tan."

"What are we going to do?" asked Carla.

"Sophia wants to see us. Don't worry. I'm her favorite granddaughter and I practically took this town by myself. She'll side with me and we can put this behind us."

Gwen gave her a confident smile. It looked a little forced, "It's going to be fine. This is good. It'll give me a chance to show you off to Grandma. Follow me."

Gwen turned and started walking at a brisk pace. Carla quickly followed her out into the hall. With a start Carla realized the sword was belted to Gwen's wide hips again. It should have looked ridiculous on her but somehow looked like it belonged there. Like it was part of her.

testudo
testudo
138 Followers