Bloodlines Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fgmntfmgnshn
fgmntfmgnshn
2,051 Followers

"You have a keen eye, Ms. Kenward," Viviane gestured to the weapon. "It is Excalibur, a sword that grants its owner magical power for all matters a King will need and if it is taken from him, it becomes... belligerent to the thief."

"Excalibur," Gail stood in momentary shock before finally taking note of Viviane's aura. She had only heard of a being giving off the massive aura she was offering; proving she was an enchantress. "You must be Viviane du Lac."

Viviane nodded.

"Absolutely astounding," Gail smiled. "King Cody, you never cease to amaze me with the friends that you keep." She then looked at Millicent with a 'what could have been' thought before noticing her daughter's hand entwined with Beckett's. His aura denoted he was nothing but a human. Her eyebrows raised and Millicent clumsily let go of his hand. "What brings You're Highness to London?"

"I was hoping to garner your assistance with preventing the Avis Coven from executing their plan to start a global war between humans."

"The Avis Coven? I dispatched of them years..."

"They are back," Cody interrupted. "In fact, they were the one's responsible for the battle at Álfheimr those years ago."

"My King speaks the truth, Ms. Kenward," Viviane added. "And we have confirmed their base of operations is located in Talmont-sur-Gironde in France."

"Tobias," Gail called and within half a second he entered her office. "Send word to all available sorcerer's we are to meet in Talmont-sur-Gironde, France by noon tomorrow. We have a dark art coven to confront."

"Yes, Ma'am; right away," Tobias hurriedly went to work.

"We also need to give word back to Álfheimr about the location so Antanasia's volunteers can meet us there."

"Of course," Gail nodded. "As for everyone here, I will gladly give you hotel accommodations," she stood. "Millicent, would assist me for a moment?"

"Of course Mother." Millicent went to follow before being stopped by Sheldon's hand on her shoulder.

Sheldon leaned in and whispered, "I can make her accept your relationship."

Millicent's eyes went wide, "What relationship?"

Sheldon shrugged, "If you change your mind..." he let the words hang in the air.

"Millicent!"

"Coming, Mother."

*

Gail had given an intern the tasks to accomplish before storming into a vacant conference room. Millicent was quickly on her heels, and barely was able to enter herself as the door came crashing shut.

"What was that, Millicent?"

"What was what?"

Gail pointed to her office, "You were holding that human's hand!"

"That's how we travel," Millicent stared holes into the floor. "Viviane does some sort of teleportation and we have to hold hands."

"But you didn't let go," Gail accused. "Do you like him?"

Millicent was at her breaking point, "So what if I do, Mother! You're shagging that Tobias chap; so hypocritical."

"That's none of you're concern," Gail seethed. "Besides, I've already produced a true blood heir to our clan."

"Not if I leave the clan," Millicent huffed.

"Don't you dare threaten me with that, Young Lady," Gail admonished. "After this little swell up is taken care of, you will be headed right back on a plane to Japan. Oh, I know you stood up Ichika Shiba."

"I am so sick of having my love life planned for me. I meet a decent guy, for only the second time in my life, and YOU," she pointed at her Mother, "say he is nothing. Well, he is not nothing. He is a good man and I love him!"

"Ms. Kenward," Tobias opened the door to the conference room. "All is done. I have the names of the sorcerer's that will be able to arrive in France by tomorrow."

Gail took a deep breath to collect herself. "Yes, very well Tobias." She walked toward her lover, barely pausing by Millicent as she did, "We will continue this conversation at a later time."

*

"That was incredible," Gail released Hecuba's hand upon arrival to an area outside of Talmont-sur-Gironde. "Tell me, Viviane, is there a way to harness that ability?"

"No."

"Any interest in joining the Ministry of Defence after this is over?" Gail smiled, "I can offer you an amazing benefit package."

Viviane returned the smile with a slight shake of her head, "No."

"King Cody," Antanasia bowed. Garothmuk as well as the rest of the elf volunteers did the same, although Ezuri did so halfheartedly. "I have scouted the area. There is a menacing landscape nearly three miles to our south. There is a wide open marshy plain that leads to a dense forest and the air around it is threatening, almost as if the countryside itself is screaming "Get Out." It was difficult to traverse the forest and I felt I was about to go insane, actually losing my ability to think several times; loss of purpose, loss of name, and most of all, loss of self. I did locate a small, fortified castle, covered in vegetation, even the roof has large brush that has the appearance of tree tops making it all camouflaged from the air. The rear is safeguarded by a cliff followed directly by the Atlantic ocean. Unfortunately, that is all I was able to understand; if I stayed any longer, I would have permanently belonged to the forest. I apologize, My King."

"No apologies needed," Cody smiled. "I'd rather keep you as my friend and ally than have to fight against you because you lost your sanity."

"It's a dark magic spell," Gail confirmed. "A spell that corrpts the mind until all that remains is basic, uncivilized savagery. It is highly potent and highly illegal." She then turned to all of her agents, "Sorcerers, we are to support the ground assault from the air and surge forward to the castle once all is clear. Keep your wits about you."

"I now understand why Viviane recruited us," Sheldon nodded. "D'Artagnan, I expect a solid bridge across the marsh. Everyone in our party is to have solid footing."

"Yes, Sir."

Sheldon's focus became razor sharp, allowing his mind to attune to everyone else, "And I get to protect everyone's sanity."

"To battle, then," Cody drew his sword. "For peace!"

*

The ground battalion made their way across the murky marsh. Each step from each person landed on earth that was raised just as toe made contact. The five elementals were in front followed by Hiromi, Antanasia, Garothmuk, and the rest of the elf volunteers with Cody in the rear, flanked by Millicent and Beckett. Blips of shadows flickered the group as the the sorcerer's of the Ministry of Defence dotted out the sun.

Millicent leaned into Cody, "The forest... There is more dark magic than the insanity spell. The pitch black shadow barrier at the edge that extends up and back, is another illegally use of conjuring. If we enter through it, we will be eternally lost."

"They must have added it after Antanasia scouted the area," Cody shook his head. "They know we're coming." He then shouted to all, "To arms!"

D'Artagnan paused causing everyone else behind her to as well, "Sir, do you feel that?"

The ground began shaking with an unnatural roar. From the left flank, a large herd of centaurs rushed from the forest while on the right appeared a legion of minotaurs. All the creatures were raging with insanity, foaming at the mouth of their hungry barbarity. The mystical beasts had zero issues with the marsh, appearing to thrust toward the allied ground forces as if they were walking on the air right above the ground.

"Everyone, brace for the attack!" Cody took a defensive stance with his sword firmly in his hands.

Gail pulled up on her broom, "Divide up; half go to the tree line and decimate the magician's helping the beasts, just don't touch the black wall; the other half, come with me to stop the advance.

As the sorcerer's descended upon the trees, a volley of fireballs, lightning bolts, water, and earth came forthward, through the black barrier as if they were shot out from catapults, several rows deep, raining down hard into the assault.

Gail choose to confront the centaurs with a dive directly in their ranks. She unleashed spell after spell in rapid fire succession, each forcing the targets to slow down their actions to a near halt, warping time to the pace of a three toed sloth.

Heidi was doing her best. Her goal was attacking the wind spells that were allowing the minotaurs to not deal with the swampy terrain. One by one, individual minotaurs fell into the waist deep marsh. Being new to her powers, she just wasn't fast enough.

D'Artagnan threw up a wall of earth, but the minotaurs merely jumped over it, but it did prohibit the ones that Heidi dropped into the marsh, while Hecuba tossed fireballs with growing frequency, each one abrasively toasting an enemy.

"Fulmina!" Millicent screamed and a lightning bolt electrified an enemy.

The legion made it to the group, causing a bitter struggle. Blades crashed against blades, the elfin volunteers incapable of handling the pressure as spells and the elemental manipulations pushed back.

Hiromi's tails burned bright with flame. tossing each appendage into the enemies.

Antanasia jumped on the back of a minotaur, her fangs delving deep into its neck while Garothmuk was right next to her, flailing his massive arms in every direction, aggressively beating down any that draw near.

"Look out," Beckett pushed Millicent out of the way while firing his mystical gun, eliminating a minotaur who tried to come from behind.

Cody was a man possessed, wielding Excalibur with precision, each slice deadly accurate. "Don't let up!"

Sheldon felt the overrun. "Forgive me, Honey."

"What?" Heidi glanced at Sheldon before he took possession of her completely. He just had more practice.

Sheldon, through Heidi, released a torrent of power, manipulating the air pressure among his adversaries. Heidi was adequate, pinpointing each individual minotaur but Sheldon's tactic was far wider in scope. Every foe rapidly fell into the marsh, allowing every member of his team to take advantage, dispatching rage beasts quickly and effectively.

"Sorry," Sheldon looked at Heidi with heartfelt eyes as she came back to her own senses.

Heidi smiled, creating a sense of relief in Sheldon. "Much rather you do that than get trampled by a minotaur."

"Now that you got a feel for what I did, help our sorcerer's against the centaurs." Sheldon took a deep breath, "As we get closer, it's going to take all I have to combat this mind spell."

Heidi focused, feeling her thoughts as she had under her lovers control. The air pressure tingled in her mind before she unleashed her power in a wave. The effect was swift, and the centaurs collapsed into the marsh, the sorcerer's above dispatching the remnants with ease.

"Incoming!" Beckett called out.

With the forward legions of the enemy wiped out. the sorcerer's just beyond the shadow wall sent all they had toward the allies. A relentless barrage began to lay claim to the marsh, causing all to do what they could to dampen the assault to themselves.

"Scutum custos!" From the tip of Millicent's wand came a virtually clear force field that spread wide overhead, "Stay under my shield!" Millicent yelled.

"Advance!" Cody shouted for all to hear as he charged toward the forest.

The aerial assault achieved nothing against the sorcerer's in the treeline. Every spell was engulfed by the shadow while the onslaught still poured heavily against their ranks. It was a one sided extermination.

Gail saw her subordinates annihilation at the brink of the barrier. She knew what must be done in order for the mission to be a success. She ascended in a high arc toward the barricade. "Are you still in my head?"

"Of course," Sheldon answered telepathically. "Are you sure this is the only way?"

"Tell my my daughter..."

"Tell her yourself." Sheldon opened up Millicent 's channel to Gail. "She's online now."

"What the hell?" Millicent shook her head at the voice that seemed to be in her head.

"Millicent," Gail offered.

"Mom?"

"Millicent, listen to me; I don't have a lot of time."

"What is it?"

"I love you, Millicent. I always wanted what I thought was the best for you without listening to what you want. I'm sorry. Live your life and be happy."

"Mom?" Millicent searched frantically for her Mother's location, only finding her at the last moment. "Mother, what are you doing? You're heading right toward the barrier!"

"Good bye..."

"Mother!"

"I'm afraid she is not with us anymore," Sheldon tried to comfort.

Millicent fell to her knees, her shield spell waning as the shadow barrier dissipated.

Becket cradled Millicent through the tears, "Miley, what happened? Are you all right?"

"Mother..."

Beckett understood immediately and hugged her fiercely, "I'm sorry, Miley. I'm so sorry."

Hiromi took up the mantle. Her tails picked up speed, quickly becoming lightning swift in just a mere moment. She took a deep breath, centering all her focus; 'maximize, extend,' causing her flames to widenen and become fuller. Her face contorted to one of distress, a massive, determined grunt echoed from her being. Immediately, the flames lashed out; extending far and deep to create a giant flaming wheel in the air.

Millicent allowed herself to shed a few tears before shaking her head. Her hand wiped at her sorrow, "No. This is not how the head of the Kenward Clan behaves. She stood with a fire in her eyes and in her heart. "This mission is not yet complete."

D'Artagnan took control of the roots of the trees. They slithered to the surface, slowly, discreetly entangling the sorcerer's feet. She then raised both her hands and flung them toward the forest. The trees bent, their branches encompassing each sorcerer as they were held by their roots, pulling them to their trunks. The bark opening up, waiting with acceptance.

The defensive backlash halted as the sorcerer's became delirious with fright. They went to fall back, but found they were unable to move. Their spells shifted to the roots themselves, but their efforts were for naught and they were entombed into the trees.

*

Cody moved up to Sheldon as they made their way through the woods, "How are you holding up?"

"It's becoming a struggle. "It's as if my head is in a vice."

"Can you maintain it?"

"I will let you know if i begin to fade, but if we need to fight, I cannot help."

"Understood," Cody nodded. "Stay behind us then and stay safe."

*

"I demand we have the vote, now!" Delegate Acharya thundered, his hand pounding his desk. "You've delayed the inevitable indefinitely, yesterday. I'll be damned if you do it again today."

"This is an outrage!" Delegate Kowalski screeched. "You are deliberately holding us hostage by refusing our right to vote!"

Lucy knew she had lost against the delegates and if a vote occurred now, her boss' side would lose. She pounded her gavel to try and garner order. "My fellow members of the United Nations, please calm down. We will have the vote soon enough. There are just a few slight matters that need to be clarified first before we can proceed... It will..."

"Nonsense," Delegate Liu interrupted. "You have no grounds to keep this vote from transpiring... To keep China's innocence from being tarnished!"

"If you're not willing to call a vote," Delegate White stood. "Then I say we just vote without you're consent!"

"I agree," Delegate Acharya stood as well.

Soon, the entire chamber erupted, echoing those sentiments.

*

"Well look what dropped by uninvited?" James held two wands, one in each hand, prepared to be on the offensive despite the odds as he walked out from the castle.

"Just like cochroaches." Melania stepped forward and laughed something truly evil, "MORTEM!"

"Pullulate!" James shouted and the wand in his left hand triggered, his body mutiplied to an army in of itself. "Mortem!" He echoed Melania and a death spell shot forth from every single self copy, each targeting someone different.

Everyone did there best to put forth some protection, hoping to cover as many people as possible. Fire, earth, air, Millicent's shield and Hiromi's tails; even Cody used his Excalibur to cut through several spells.

James moved quickly to the right, rapidly repeating the death spell, annihilating the remaining sorcerer's as his clones were everywhere.

Melania's laugh could be heard as she also continued to rain the spell into her adversaries.

Soon, the Elementals, Cody, Millicent, Beckett, Hiromi, Antanasia, Garothmuk and Ezuri were all that were remaining, hiding in a cocoon of Millicent's shield, D'Artagnan's earth, and a coat of fire from Hecuba.

"We're not going to last much longer," Millicent struggled to maintain her spell against the barrage. "I'm almost out of power."

Cody looked to everybody, the price of war etched upon all of them, the glimpses of hope reduced to nearly nothing. "Then we counter attack. On my word, open a path toward the girl. Everyone else, try to handle the clones. Millicent, keep everyone behind your shield, only open small cracks for our attacks, but close them immediately. "

"But..." Millicent tried to interject.

"Now!" Cody charged the cocoon in Melania's direction and Millicent barely had the time to create a gap.

Fire and rock littered the area, with wind moving the debris as the intending targets moved.

Beckett opened fire immediately, his trigger finger moving in a blur as he repeatedly shot, disposing of one apparition after another.

Melania pointed her wand at Cody, her grin wicked and cocky, "Mortem!"

Cody sliced through the spell.

"Mortem! Mortem! Mortem!" Melania yelled in desperation, as Cody ran forward.

Cody swung thrice quickly, each severing a spell, "This ends now!"

James saw Melania's predicament. He sheathed his left wand, the clones dispersing with it while grabbing his double edged xiphos short sword He waved his other wand, "Celeritate!" He accelerated in a blur.

Excalibur was arching down upon Melania. James arrived just in time, his sword coming underneath to block, and hold his opponent. His lips sneared as his wand raised, aiming at Cody. "Mortem!"

Alice pushed Cody out of the way, the death spell exacting it's power through her back.

"Mom?" Cody caught his Mother in his arms.

Alice smiled, "You are my son..." It was her last words as her body withered and into ash.

"I am so glad I was taken from her care," James chuckled.

"Wasting her talent on this loser," Melania snickered. "You're welcome, James."

Cody's eyes turned cold, his heart steel as he jabbed Excalibur's hilt into James' stomach before stabbing Melania through the chest. "She was the best."

Melania's eyes went wide before she let loose a final, unnatural guttural gurgle.

"What have you done?" Anger furled James' lips. He switched his sword for his wand, "Pullulate!" All his copies pointed their wands at Cody, "Mortem!" They all echoed succinctly.

Beckett moved swiftly, pushing Cody out of the way as the death spells ignited where he was.

"No," Millicent gasped, her hand covering her mouth. 'First Mother and now him.'

"Are you all right, Miley?" Beckett hugged her from behind.

"What on earth?" Millicent turned to find Beckett offering her a soft smile.

Behind Beckett, Viviane stood, "My life debt has been repaid."

"Pullulate! Pullulate!" James' clones each called forth the spell and then pointed their wands at everyone.

"Time to build that cocoon again," Viviane ordered before teleporting to Cody and then teleporting back to the group.

"Mortem!"

The cocoon finished just in time.

Millicent shook her head, "Maybe two minutes before I give way..."

"Plenty of time," Viviane smiled.

James kept his onslaught, rapidly firing spells against the barrier, "You've got to be running magic!" He laughed as he kept casting.

From out of the ocean, a two hundred foot tsunami rose from the depths. At its crest was Juliette Durand, willing it over the cliff as well as the castle, burying not only all the copies, but James as well in a flood of waters.

fgmntfmgnshn
fgmntfmgnshn
2,051 Followers