Bloodlines Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Juliette focused her power of the water, causing it to recede back into the ocean.

"We won," Sheldon fell to one knee, exhausted.

Millicent took him for his word and released her spell, falling back into Beckett as she did; too drained to do anything else.

"But how?" Cody asked the question everyone was thinking.

The rest of the cocoon dissipated to reveal Juliette, her hair blowing in the wind.

"You came," Hiromi smiled as she walked over to Juliette. "Everyone, this is Juliette Durand."

"Hello," Juliette smiled.

Cody stepped forward, "We are honored you have came. In fact, we all owe you our lives," he lowered his head to the woman. "Thank you."

"I figured if it were important enough for Viviane to send a kitsune to come see me, maybe it was time after all these centuries to get back to fighting evil again."

"Yes," Viviane nodded. " I knew I didn't myself have time to convince the elemental contractor of water, so when you, Beckett, went for coffee to determine if you were going to help me, I went to an old friend of mine in Hiromi to see if she could persuade Ms. Joan of Arc to help in our cause."

"I have been wanting to meet you for quite some time," Sheldon stood.

"I know," Joan acknowledged.

"Whenever I met another elemental contractor in the past, I was forced to defeat them due to their negative behavior." Sheldon gave a warm smile, "Now that I know you are not as they were, I can rest easier."

"I'm sorry," Cody shook his head. "Did you say you're name was Joan of Arc?"

"Yes," Joan kneeled. "And I am a knight who pledges her allegiance to her King."

"Since that is now taken care of," Sheldon looked at Viviane "We have a member of my party still in Álfheimr and then we will start eradicating the remnants of this coven that infiltrated governments. My sense tells me that the nearest one that needs justice is in Rome." He then offered Cody his hand, "If you need anything, just ask."

"Will do, and thank you for all your help," Cody accepted the handshake.

"That's what we do," Sheldon nodded.

"I know a gentleman in New York that has a list. We'll be right behind you."

"We will cross paths again, then," Sheldon smiled. "By the way, that Ezuri guy wants to assassinate you. Just thought you would like to know."

All eyes moved to Ezuri. His knife was in his hand as he was preparing to charge. "What?"

Joan pulled her sword and held it at Ezuri's throat. "You are under arrest, you swine."

Beckett reached around and embraced Millicent. She cuddled in his arms, "How are you feeling?"

"I'll miss Mother terribly, despite all the pressures she had placed on me. I think she'd be proud that we succeeded."

Beckett kissed the back of her head, "I love you, Miley."

Millicent tilted her head back, her lips embracing Beckett's, "I love you, too, Beckett." She offered a warm smile. "Tell me, are interested in working in London? Perhaps at an unnamed division of the Ministry of Defence?"

"I don't know," Beckett shrugged with a grin. "I wonder if that would be okay with the head of that division?"

"I might be able to squeeze you in," Millicent giggled. "Our first order of business is to aide Cody in finishing off the small fry riff raff."

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again," Beckett kissed Millicent. "I'm in."

*

"Sir." Lucy held her phone with a shaky hand, nervous about the reaction of her boss.

"Yes, Lucy, were you successful?"

"Yes and no," Lucy bit her lip.

Will sat up in his chair, "Elaborate."

"There was an uproar I couldn't quell. It was mad, as if seventy five percent of the delegation were rabid. They forced a vote without my approval."

"I told you that wasn't an option," Will shook his head as he huffed. "What happened?"

"It was the damndest thing, Sir," Lucy exsperated. "Right as the vote was being cast, nearly all the delgates calmed, as if they were all shot with tranquilizers. We won the vote one hundred percent. Even Delegate Liu volunteered China was wrong."

"Emma," Will ordered, "pull up the satellite map for Bhutan."

Emma was swift in her duty, finishing with her eyes going wide, "China's in full retreat!"

"We succeeded; Great job, Lucy. I'll keep in touch." Will let out a relieved breath as he hung up the phone. "Cody actually pulled it off."

Emma leaned in and kissed Will sweetly, "It sounds like Cody could be a powerful ally."

"As long as he's for peace, we could work well together." Will held Emma tight, "This fight was troublesome."

*

It didn't take long to finish off the Avis Coven. Without their leaders, the clan lost all direction, and every last member fell easily without the power of Melania and James.

*

It was a day perfect for a funeral. The weather was overcast and a light drizzle fell upon the hundreds of leaf umbrellas of the elves who could not get into the hall of the sequoia tree. Many felt the loss of Alice Griffin. She was considered the greatest in her craft, and always helpful to any elf, using all she knew to make their lives easier, whether it be by spell or more often than not, babysitter.

Cody stood at the podium for over an hour, Elva offering a comforting hand to his back as needed as he regaled the anecdotes of Alice's life. It was therapeutic for the World's King, and necessary in his own healing. Her strength now lies within him. Alice Griffin was a fantastic Mother, protecting her child until the end.