All Comments on 'Bound to My Mate Ch. 04'

by DoctorWolf

Sort by:
  • 64 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Keep it UP, completely Addicted!!!!!!

deetimesdeetimesalmost 14 years ago
GREAT!

I love your writing style....More!

willieonewillieonealmost 14 years ago
Thankyou so much!

For posting this chapter so quickly I love this story and can't wait for more! I am totally hooked so please don't wait to long for the next chapter, I hope she dosen't start and back away from being turned they make a great couple!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Wow

This story is so good.

needchocolatenowneedchocolatenowalmost 14 years ago
Cliche and character

Up until this chapter I really liked this story and was able to overlook some common flaws. But in this chapter you sank entirely into cliche and the story is no longer interesting.

Character:

Elizabeth is a doctor and yet you have her fawning all over Joel like a love struck teenager completely forgetting that you set her up as a scientist. She's been raped, "unwanted penetration" and she's a doctor and yet you have her behaving like high school girl hiding this. You described her wounds in the last chapter, wounds even a nurses aid would know need medical attention. Yet your doctor pretends it didn't happen and "calling in her own prescription" after an assault of this type is ludicrous to the absurd.

Elizabeth, as a doctor and a scientist, remains uncharacteristically disinterested in asking questions and gaining an understanding of this world she finds herself drawn into. Even given the fact that she's recovering and out of sorts, her mind would still be seeking answers to questions asked or not. Now if she had been reading nonhuman erotic romance for years, perhaps her curiosity might be squelched, but not by much because she'd want to know what cliches and standard myths are true.

Elizabeth is a virgin and as such the miraculous stretching her vaginal lining and muscles have done, even after the cure of the werewolves saliva on her previously ripped lining, would cause some notice and since Joel is described as non-humanly well hung, even her highly aroused state would recognize and react.

Clearly you wanted your female protagonist to be intelligent and independent, yet not worldly or socially experienced. You should not have chosen a doctor as her profession. What you've put her through and the way you described how she copes is simply absurd to anyone in the medical field, even a virgin in the medical field.

Cliches:

Breasts described with a letter; A. B C or D; oh please come up with something better.

Virgin status. What was the point here since clearly her first wanted penetration was not even slightly affected by having not been previously broken in?

She has to be intelligent, well educated but not socially experienced, beautiful and full breasted, on the submissive side, and also a virgin. These are all tried and true cliches and her reactions and responses to the plot are entirely predicable as a result.

Joel: you missed a huge opportunity to add some depth to Joel when you described the pack upset leading up to this event. Had you assigned the blame of the upset under Joel's leadership you could have demonstrated his growth as both a leader and a mature "man/werewolf." You could even tap into his internal conflict as he deals with his guilt in how it was handled. We all make mistakes and we all learn from them, it's what makes us interesting and unpredictable. But once again you rely on cliche and have set up Joel as perfect, blameless, hunky, well hung, and super sensitive to his mates needs. In other words, boring and predictable.

I suggest you scrap this chapter entirely and start it again. Allow your characters to have some real flaws. Give them annoying traits. One's profession almost always compliments their character, good bad or ugly. What makes a leader a leader? How do they become the leader? How does one tell if a leader is good at it or not.

spearman1spearman1almost 14 years ago
Fabulous

This chapter is absolutely fabulous!!!!

hisangelbeautyhisangelbeautyalmost 14 years ago
not bad!!!

I rather enjoyed this story, can't wait to see what happens next.

willieonewillieonealmost 14 years ago
To needchocolatenow

Yes as a doctor she is sadly lacking but then who cares, I love the story and I like my hero the way he is! I for one would NOT want this chapter re-written if you don't like it don't read it leave it to those of us that do!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
for needchocolatenow..

I checked.. You've never submitted a single story or poem on Literotica. I find this story interesting and fairly well written. As a reader/viewer for any story that is non-fiction, you are supposed to read/view with a willing suspension of disbelief. Looking for flaws will only render that which you seek. Your post does have some valid and quite interesting plot variances. Why don't you take your ideas and write a non-human story of your own. I for one think that it is much easier to nit-pick than to actually write a story of your own. Although I have never posted on literotica, I have published both short stories and poetry in other situations. It's not easy. Try it for yourself. If your story far surpasses this one, then I will give you a mea culpa. Then I shall read with a willing suspension of disbelief and loyally follow your story from beginning to end.

Shewolf

needchocolatenowneedchocolatenowalmost 14 years ago
To Anonymous and Willie

How nice it is that you defend you beliefs by commenting on my comments.

I use this screen name for posting comments on stories usually uncomplimentary. Yes, my comments were harsh, because this author, Doctor Wolf, let me down with this chapter. I had expected MUCH better and got 4th grade material. Doctor Wolf is capable of better than this drivel. Generally when writing something as harsh as what I did here, I send a private email. I decided to leave it here because I am taken aback at how bad these type of stories are getting and how stupid the readers are becoming. Readers gushing over something so trite and cliche, what the hell is happening to our educational system?

I use this screen name to post and send unflattering comments so that my author name isn't a target for backlash when I post uncomplimentary views. Yes, I've submitted several stories on this very site, some of which have even been well received. I don't ever submit anonymous comments... Anonymous!

There are the character points authors have to come to terms with when writing. Did I define my characters? Did I present my characters true to who they are? That's good writing. Elizabeth, in this chapter, is not a doctor, nor is she highly educated.

willieonewillieonealmost 14 years ago
Dear needchocolatenow

You may consider me stupid for enjoying this story but "frankly my dear I don't give a damn". I enjoy reading these stories and am willing to ignore the character's flaws as long as it takes me away from the stress in my life. So do yourself a favour and get of your SOAP BOX because none of the stories on this site will ever be good enough for you. Most of us appreciate the effort the authors made!

hopkinscmhopkinscmalmost 14 years ago
Who wants chocolate

I agree with chocolate about this story and many others on the site. No I haven't published a story here or anywhere, but I am a reader. I read so veraciously its sometimes disturbing to others. Those are my credentials.

This 'Doctor' Elizabeth was a freaking weak female character from the beginning. Usually when an Alpha male (whether human or non human) is paired with a female, the female has to be as alpha as him. Otherwise why would anyone want to follow the female (in a pack like this)? There are some differences when we view omegas or beta characters, but this shouldn't apply here.

From the beginning I kept wishing that the main character was a stronger woman. The creative outlet was there, in fact I had hoped for another Anita Blake. Obviously I was mistaken.

Liz or whatever her name was since she didn't really introduce herself, you can look back in the chapters as she was named twice in chapter one, then not at all, then in chapter three she's called Linda, I was confused till it had to be explained. That's also what good writers do, they try to make it as non confusing as possible. You barely introduce the main characters then you rush through the witch and werewolf spiel from the Doctor's staff. Details would have been better. It was like you figured you wanted to give the doctor a foreshadowing of the coming events but didn't really know how so you just stuck that in there.

Now had you defined the main character better, the after math of the rape scene would have gone better. As a doctor she should have known that rape is constituted as any foreign object being inserted into an orifice of a person against their will. I understand the embarrassment and even the need to curl up into a ball, but then she goes and wants to sleep with a dominating man? Yep, fits to your development all right. The whole story was against her will. She was attracted to him against her will, her personal and business life was taken over by him against her will, then she was raped against her will and then against her will helps her captor prepare dinner.

This is harsh, but the real reason why I responded to the story was because of the criticism that chocolate received from some other responders. This site is for amateurs, obviously, if we were all so good that we could get published for real we wouldn't be submitting here. Constructive criticism helps, as I have gotten worse from professors grading then what I've written or what chocolate has written.

To DoctorWolf, hope you keep up the mediocre work, please take advice with a grain of salt from anyone here and consider getting an editor to help screen your work. Some errors were simple like most instead of must. As a reader its distracting to have to correct what I'm reading mid sentence.

GrumpyGambyGrumpyGambyalmost 14 years ago
Yikes!

I just read this chapter and then saw the comments. Bask in the ferocity of those who like what you've written. Keep at it.

From one beginner author to another...

It may be helpful for you to find someone who can read your rough drafts with an eye toward character development and continuity as opposed to red pen editing. The story I am currently working on has been saved numerous times by the guy who edits for me. He's pointed out several continuity errors and has even brought one to light that I completely overlooked, which has turned out to be pretty damn important.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

I agree with everyone making the comment that the female needs to be as strong as the Alpha. Both need to be equal if they're going to be together, even if they're werent wolves involved in the story I'd be saying the same thing.

I'm not a write on Literotica, I just happen to pass by here and read stories from time to time. Overall it's an awesome story, I enjoy reading it very much.

I don't know what point you are at in your next submission (which I'm looking forward to very much), but one suggestion I might give you is to somehow incorporate a situation in the story to which Elizabeth proves that she is worthy of the "Alpha" status, or something of that nature.

DaniellekittenDaniellekittenalmost 14 years ago
Dear Doctor

From one writer to another, now is the time to learn your craft and to learn from mistakes made upon one draft to the next. Trust me, when I started writing, I was embarrassed by every mistake I made. I would edit the story until there was little left of the beginning premise. Do yourself a favor and read the comments, take from them what you want and keep writing. That is the one piece of advice that I can give you. Don't ever stop if you enjoy what you are doing and from the flow of your writing, I get the idea that you do enjoy it. Keep being true to yourself!

lili82lili82almost 14 years ago
F*ck 'em!

I personally love this story and I feel if u havent even contributed to this site, then you have no right to leave a harsh comment! Let's see you write a story and submit it to something! Do you know how hard it is to do that? Oh, and definantely listen to Daniellekitten, DoctorWolf! She has some of the best stories on this site. She won't tell you the wrong thing at all!

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 14 years ago
Quite rushed

and I don't feel like I know either of the protagonists yet. I want to know more about the characters so that I can understand them, relate to them and empathize with them. While I like were stories and yours are entertaining, the story lacks polish and finesse. Regardless, it was enjoyable.

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 14 years ago
PS-

I hate it when people say that if you haven't submitted a story you have no right to criticize. I strongly disagree with that statement. Everyone has a right to an opinion. I'm sure that most people have opinions on things they don't do. That doesn't make their thoughts less valuable. I'm sure many people have opinions on popular music and have an idea of what they like and don't like. They don't have to be singers or musicians to know whether they like a song or not. Not every reader is a writer. But every reader knows if they like a story and their opinions should be valued. I hope that DoctorWolf can take the praise and the criticisms and use it constructively. Isn't that what the comment boxes are for? To see how readers are reacting to the story? If you can't handle the comments, turn that option off. Otherwise, take them as most are meant- a way to make your writing better.

sandman0312sandman0312almost 14 years ago
Holy Cat Shit Batman!!!

I didn't know if I was reading a comments section or a script from a Springer episode. I think some people may need to look up the "constructive" part of criticism. There is no reason to ever be derogatory in a comment. You may not like what you read, but you should still be polite or at least civil. I hope the advice DK left in her comment will be what you walk away remembering from this debacle. She really is a wonderfully talented writer and I think that you show promise for it as well. I have enjoyed your work and I think it will become more refined the more you write. I hope that your experience will still be "fun", even if some people are douche bags. :) Keep writing, I like it!

ShadowedDreamsShadowedDreamsalmost 14 years ago
Wasn't going to comment but with this fire-storm, I'll add some coal.

credentials: I am a reader not a writer, I don't have a talent for human languages, computer languages make more sense to me.<br/>

<br/>

On needchocolatenow: well at-least you didn't go for anonymous. That said, you have also tried to claim author status via another account. You can't do that, your reputation is on a per-account basis and that account has posted nothing. You said yourself that you use that account for trolling, so don't be surprised if people treat you as an anonymous troll - anonymous as your stated purpose is to keep troll posts separate from your authoring account.<br/>

That said, you raise some interesting points on character structure.<br/>

Hiding rape: reading back over the van scene, she was penetrated by a clawed digit. whether she terms that rape or merely sexual assault I don't know. However, it was a traumatic experience, and it doesn't matter how intelligent someone is if they are shaken enough. Same for the other wounds, she is probably still in a state of shock, embarrassed and afraid of exposing her-self, to her own colleagues no less!<br/>

<br/>

As for doctors as scientists, maybe where you come from but not where I hale from! (personal bias warning!) There is a reason that the joke about "Take two aspirin and see me in the morning." came around. The stories I've heard about doctors are enough to make the whole lot of them seem like nothing more than a bunch of biological robot repair men, "Hmm, this-ones main pump is faulty! - got a spare? pull it out and replace it, - no - well use the cheap work around. Save the more expensive, more likely to fix it solution for one of the important ones!". I won't repeat stories as they are not mine to tell.<br/>

The point? You are expecting the good doctor to be sexually assaulted, held hostage, be rescued and immediately be in a state to ask questions. Pull the other one, give the girl a chance to recover. When she does, she'll be miffed enough to find she is already mated for life and can't back out.<br/>

My Advice? DON'T scrap this chapter, work from it, build from it and fill in the holes that people have pointed out with care and attention - that means making the patch jobs blend in so they are not noticeable.<br/>

<br/>

Hopkinscm: You wanted another anita blake? well that would have made short work of the kidnap attempt... they'd all have been downed, loaded into the van and dropped off at the nearest police station, where upon she would get a slapped wrist for excessive force. Somewhere along the line she'd have picked up yet another strain of lycanthropy. (no, I've not read the last few books, yet.)<br/>

<br/>

DoctorWolf: Don't give up, trolls are everywhere but they are not a reason to stop crossing bridges. Even the trolls have points that are worth thinking about. mull over ALL the comments, re-read the last couple of chapters and relate what the comments are about to what actually happened, decide which parts of which comments need actioning, and KEEP WRITING!<br/>

So-far you have kept me entertained and I'll be back to see where you are going next. Good luck, don't be burned by the flames, let them temper you to being a better writer.<br/>

<br/>

-- <br/>

-ShadowedDreams

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
love this story

i'm really enjoying this story please keep more chapters coming.

Jennypinkshoes

needchocolatenowneedchocolatenowalmost 14 years ago
Oh for goodness sake!

Shadowed Dreams:

First, What makes a person qualified to comment on a story? The fact that they read the story. That's all it takes. IMHO.

Second, I am neither fishing for reaction nor hoping to further any shit storm, not in my first post, nor second and not in this last. You are free to ignore me.

Third, You disagreed about the doctor's character development. Okay, we disagree. You got to say your peace and I got to say mine. But following your logic, your comments must also be disqualified since you haven't submitted a story or poem. You therefore, don't know what you're talking about.

Fourth, I didn't "try" to claim author status. I, in fact, DID claim author status. The difference here is that I do not require your approval or testament in order for my statement to be true.

Doctor wolf has a really good story here. The initial introduction of her characters were full of promise. This is not the first story I've read that started out great and tanked after the first few chapters. What bothers me is that writers in this genre almost get a free pass because the readers of this genre seem to lack discernment skills and gush over anything with a pretty chick and well hung wolf!

DanielleKitten is indeed a fabulous author with great talent. Ask her or any other author on this site if learning how to write is pain free. It isn't. But a writer is a person with a great story and they want to tell it. The skill is in the telling and the skill takes practice and hard word and sometimes tears. There are several comments on this story by other literotica authors. This is one of the reasons why I love this site. These authors are usually helpful and generous people, but they too must guard their names and reputations.

Clearly, I lack tact. For that, I regret causing hurt feelings. But I stand behind my points made. This story has potential and only when the harsh light of day is forced into the characters, will it live up to that potential.

Readers: Make up your minds. Do you want mediocre stories with cliche filled predictable characters, or do you want great stories with exciting and fascinating characters? I think Doctor Wolf is capable of the latter. If I didn't, I would have kept my thoughts to myself and never looked back at this story, thus denying her the chance to improve since most readers of this genre are too squeamish to speak up and demand that titillation of one part accompany titillation of another part.

And you're welcome for getting the ball rolling!

Troubled_RoseTroubled_Rosealmost 14 years ago
Great work!

Though honestly, I agree with needchocolatenow. This story had and has SO much potential to be absolutely amazing, and as a werewolf romance writer, I was excited for it... Now, I don't think it's terrible or anything, just the issue of cliches etc comes into play. It sounds like something I would have written when I was 16, the typical love story. Flaws are beautiful, enjoy them, flaunt them! Making this last chapter a bit more believable in its plot and characters (Not saying you should change it entirely, just tweak the course of the outcomes) would really create a better story. But having said that, great work and well done!

(and btw needchocolatenow, I also usually use a pseudonym for posting comments, but decided to use my real account to back your side up!)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Loved it.

So interesting and different.

reverendaholicreverendaholicover 13 years ago
Wow. Just WOW.

I don't think I have ever read such a long bout of critizing. I have read bad stories and see mean comments before but people continuously checking back in to post is astounding.

That said, I myself have only been posting stories on Lit for about a year. I admit that my first posts were weaker than my more recent. For a begining writer I think you are doing a good job. Of course people are looking for variations of the usual, virgin/alpha thing but I know as well as any other writer that sometimes your characters pull you in a certain direction. I took advice from another writer for me to realize my character was out of control and I needed to reeel him in.

If you turn on the feedback you should be prepared for good and bad reactions. My biggest point is say your piece and move on, not come back and continually bash a writer.

The title made me think she might not like being bound to her mate. Maybe after been assualted she wanted a man to take control and care for her but afterward she regrets it. Ok, I'm done. Keep on writing what you want and how you want. I think you have a good writing style and will get better with every chapter.

Reverendaholic

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
needchocolatenow

i dare say that your reaction to this chapter is childish, this is a site were amateurs post their stories, if you want professional go somewhere else

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Love this story

Your an amazing writer I think you might have the stuff to get published :). I will continuously look for more stories from you your a genius. Humor, with romance, and some education for those who don't know werewolf lore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Are you kidding me.

Yes you are right this is a sight for beginers so why are you so harsh. Get over yourself. Since your such an expert whats some of your storys so we can read them. And then let us decide if your input is worth a s**t.

Durnic_KahnDurnic_Kahnover 13 years ago
Hiding

To DoctorWolf:

Keep up the work, good or bad you managed to get a lot of reaction. I agree with earlier statements on reading the comments and seeing if you can improve your future work.

To needs chocolate:

Yeah, anyone can say they are a great author, and submit gobs of stories (I don't) But hiding behind an additional alias on a site like this is a bit childish in my opinion. Honestly it feels like you enjoy tearing begining authors into small pieces. And can't take similiar criticism since you don't want to use your actual "author" name.

And if anyone cares to know my credentials: I read too much, and get very little sleep because of it. I don't claim to be an editor, or a reviewer, just an avid reader who felt like he needed to put his own 2 cents in.

NefatiriNefatiriover 13 years ago
Right Track

How do you know you are on the right track with your writing? When someone takes time to post a comment that is almost as long as the story! :) Glean the good from the snide and do your thing. I like the story. She is however a little weak and he's not coming across clearly. I haven't read the other chapters so we'll see............and good on you for writing, I think you're good at it. Just horn it:)

IttyBitty1IttyBitty1over 13 years ago
Hmm

I don't think I have ever seen such controversy. I'm not a writer -- I am an editor (no, not on literotica)/reader and I don't care if anyone thinks I should prove it!

I am enjoying the story - I agree that you should look over the previous comments and take the good and bad and incorporate it into your work, find a good editor, and enjoy yourself. That being said -- You should write for yourself, first and last. Enjoy your story and work on improving your skills.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Dry opinion

The quiz during sex really is not a good idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Though I really like the story...

how is it that a doctor doesn't worry about safe sex until afterwards? I'm not a professional or anything but I just thought that part was odd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Don't be ridiculous. Do people think doctors aren't human?

I can fully understand Elizabeth's character. Doctors come in all different types. They can get swept away by emotions, be naive, be virgins and make stupid mistakes such as not practice safe sex and worry about it afterwards. They are not cold, practical scientific types. They can abuse drugs, drink and smoke heavily. To describe her as logical, analytical, practical etc etc is the cliche. They are human first and leave their profession at the door after work. I know many doctors and I have no problem in imagining Elizabeth as one of them. So far I think the author is doing a fantastic job and I think everyone should just give her a break about the main character being a doctor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
HOT SEX but something still is missing from the description....

....maybe her neurotic thoughts detract from the supposedly frission of sexual intimacy. I don't know...it just seems that something essential was lacking in the description of acts leading up to the sex...the sex itself was described hot...and this damn embarrassment of being nude. Hell, she's a doctor for Pete's sake who was nude in the cabin & outdoor john! The character should have felt sexually sedated enough to be in stupid haze of "whatever" and appreciative of her mate's ability to be huge still in her....just my opinion

SecretFantasy69SecretFantasy69over 12 years ago
Wow, the comments on this chapter are astonishing...

DoctorWolf, you have an amazing story here. It's quite awesome, and I don't think anyone can say you're a bad writer. The story, however, is unedited and probably un-betaed, which means there will be many, many mistakes before you go over the final draft. Even the best authors go through intense editing before they submit their masterpieces so as I read Chapter by Chapter, unbetaed, unedited stories on Literotica, I don't expect to find perfect grammar/spelling, and even expect some inconsistencies.

Still, I understand where some people were coming from. Writing is a learning experience. The more you write, the more critiques you get, the better you become. So read every comment, even the ones that make you upset, and take the words into account.

You've got a great setup already. Just flush some more things out. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I agree

I didn't plan to make any comments until the final chapter, but I agree with some of the comments here that you need a bit more editing to clean up the spelling errors and the split infinitives with your verbs. That said, I am enjoying your story immensely. I wish that things like this were real and that I could be Elizabeth. I think that your Joel is HOT!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
To All of the Annons Posting Comments

I think the story is very descriptive and the characters are being flushed out nicely. I realize that to leave feedback for the authur is supposed to be helpful, but some of the comments I've read are subjective to the person writing them. My biggest issue is that everyone posting stories are not professionals, you write feedback as if you are paying them, then to add to that you do it under Annon rather then a user name so the authur can't even contact you for more input or clarification of your statements. I used Annon on purpose to let you know how it feels to not be able to discuss something directly. Have an awesome day. DoctorWolf you are doing a fantastic job!! Keep it up!!

oneboobeeoneboobeeabout 12 years ago

Love this chapter, she wants him, but is a little uneasy about it. I love the fact of how you describe the mate pull. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to finish reading this.

LaSaliaLaSaliaalmost 12 years ago
Absolutely Awesome!

Loved the descriptions! You have a keen sense for details and I loved how you allow Joel's wolf loose, even in the bedroom. What's the sense of having a non-human lover if you can't love every part of him, right! I'm reading this story while I wait for the next chapter of ASttS. This story is equally good, in spite of the sporadic errors! I can't wait to see what new story you come up with next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
hate joel

joel is a punk for an alpha wolf. And it doesnt help when you have spelling and grammar errors when he speaks. I liked him better in the first chapter, that's before any further character development. last chapter im going to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
this is erotica/ fantasy not reality

To chocolate:

I think you forget this is erotica. I would never watch porn with an ugly, harry, fat girl getting it on with an alpha wolf, who is short, fat, with a little dick. Nope sorry. So, by your comment you must be one ugly looking female. Plus this is all fantasy duh!! If someone wants to write not happy endings and real life they can go do a documentary...so go there..

Oh and another thing how is going under a false identity not anonymous?? It is the same thing.!

Also, you have never been raped and coming from someone with a bachelors degree in business I can tell you that after a rape all you want to do is curl up in a ball and die. Scrub scrub and scrub your body some more. You don't feel like yourself or act like yourself. You feel dirty, ashamed, scared and you become withdrawn. You don't care how you look anymore and don't do your hair or makeup. You start wearing bagy clothes and you don't want attention brought to yourself. Also you might do strange things to cope...being promiscuous, doing drugs, drinking, anything to numb the pain.

Lily_of_the_ValleyLily_of_the_Valleyalmost 11 years ago

To give DoctorWolf her due, she has the courage to leave all comments up, good or bad. Many authors simply remove comments they don't like, which isn't helpful - as satisfying as praise and complements may be, it's the critical analysis that helps us learn how to write better.

That said, I have to agree with "needchocolatenow". I love werewolf stories, but this one isn't working for me. It's possible that my expectations were simply too high - I started reading it because I found the author listed in the "hall of fame", and I was hoping for something that would really grip my imagination. I'm disappointed in Joel, who comes across as a stereotypical male chauvinist, and Elizabeth - well, I'm not sure where to start on the subject of Elizabeth. The sex scene reads as bestiality - disturbing, to say the least, and not a feeling I've ever had before when reading 'were' stories. This series has obviously been hugely enjoyed my many, so I'm in the minority, but I find I prefer the approach taken by writers such as robcub32 in his "Timber Pack Chronicles", or sexuscumlupus with her "Born Wolf", in the gay male section. It's possible I'm just applying different standards, I don't know . . .

Thanks for the story, DoctorWolf, I'll keep going - maybe I'll still come to like Joel and Elizabeth.

AmateursWantedAmateursWantedalmost 11 years ago
I do not know how you handle this

I usually wait until after I finish reading your story to comment but the comments left by lily of the valley and need chocolate now agitated me......are these little girls reading your stories???? because if so, leave the erotica stories to the adult.....the idea that a lot of romance novels follow whether paranormal or not is the idea that these hero and heroin find their soul mates.....the connection with a soul mate is supposed to be completely different then your everyday run in with a man......could you imagine meeting someone that makes you loose control like that??? This is why I think these two that gave you feed back have to be young or immature......that in actuality is a grown, responsible, independent woman's fantasy and I think that was the idea doctorwolf was going for.....how do you write the comments these two have written with only reading 3 chapters??? the story is just beginning.....I look forward to your writing doctorwolf......im sure you know but I am going to say it anyway because I support your work,......do not let these people that I like to call haters bring you down or have any negative effects on your work.....you create great stories and cant wait for more

panda1870panda1870almost 11 years ago
:)

Love your stories!

sandyfaithsandyfaithover 10 years ago
Re lilly of the Valley

I just have to say that i don't think lilly knows what she's talking about. I have read this story at least four times and will likely do so again. I've it to be well written with an unique plot. I've been a fan of werewolf stories for some time now and this is one of the best iv read. Please keep up the good work. Thank you for a really good read. :-)

GimletEdgeGimletEdgeover 10 years ago
Another Dr. Wolf Fan

When I first read Bound to My Mate, I hadn't discovered all the paranormal series that were in print by people like Jeaniene Frost, Shelly Laurenston and Thea Harrison, to name a few popular ones. When my appetite for shape-shifter and vampire stories outstripped Literotica resources, I eventually found more in the commercial press. Nevertheless, I never found any that I liked more than the saga of Joel and Elizabeth. I continue to come back and enjoy their adventures at least once a year just because I think the characters and plot are so well developed. Please add me to the fans who hope that Dr. Wolf will eventually get back in front of the keyboard/screen to create more epic stories for her ardent followers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It's your story, run with it.

I agree with GimletEdge. Recently I read " The Bloodrunner Series by Rhyannon Byrd and it was drivel! Doctorwolf is a much better writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
DON'T KNOW WHY Y'ALL ARE SPOUTING BULLSHITS

I THINK DOCTOR WOLF IS GOOD BUT NOWHERE NEAR JAZCULLEN.... NOW HERE IS THE QUEEN OF PARANORMAL...

SO SHUT THE FUCK UP CREEPS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Meh

I tried, I really did. I like these type of stories normally. Werewolf Hero save girl, or Vampire Heroin saves guy ect... they get together realize their different, but dont care cause of love. But nearly raping someone in a toilet, Having them followed , breaking in , taking over their lives basically. Joel is just to full of himself, no humility. And shes to laid back about it all. "Oh he broke in nearly raped me and is having me followed. Lets date" nah Werewolves magic and witches i can take but that's just to weird. Pity though Cause Doctor wolf is a really really good writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Keep writing!

I first read this story about 3 years ago, while I must say that at that time I really loved this story,my taste in paranormal romance has matured. Regardless I feel that some of the comments left on this page are a bit harsh. I mean 'sheesh' give a girl a break! If you don't like it don't read it.

Furthermore it is clear some of you wanted to come off as some sort of 'connoisseur/ connaisseur' (however you want to spell it) in English literature but PLEASE lets not kid ourselves. No one will take you seriously when your sprouting about mistakes here and there while your own piece of writing be it comments left or story has some serious flaws. Rape is nonconsensual sex for lack of better term. Sexual Assault is penetration of the vagina, mouth or ass with an object or anybody part . I have studied law so I know what I am talking about. So for future reference dear readers when you trying to write a criticisms please do some research before hand.

sandyfaithsandyfaithover 9 years ago
I love this story

I read this story when it was first posted and must have read it 7/8 time's at least. Ok maybe it's a bit strange having someone fall in love with a man / wolf who's had her followed etc but what's not strange about the whole werewolf scenario ? It's fiction and not meant to be taken to seriously. I'm a big fan of a lot of writers on here and admire them greatly. Please give Doctorwolf a break. You don't have to read it if you don't want to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
THIS IS MY. FAVORITE STORY OF ALL TIME

How could some1 hate this I have read it about 30 times and I still cant get enough im a huge fan can you write a vampire story too I want to read one from you and btw I hate jazcullen his stories dont make any sense to me,

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
MEH

You are seriously an extremely "bitter' female. Don't read Bound to my Mate no one cares. I personally love the story. How about "you" write a story to be critiqued.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
.....REALLY??

Sorry Jazcullen is female, she is also an excellent writer. Plus has some equally good books published. May not be YOUR cup of tea honey, but don't bash another because your jealous. Doctor Wolf is an equally impressive writer, by the way, we need more books Doc! :-D

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To ANONYMOUS

Shut up.....Jazcullen is AWESOME. It's not her fault you don't get the plot of her stories.

thruholewizardthruholewizardover 8 years ago
I love the story and have "favorited "it .

I love what I have read so far and look forward to reading more ........I am having a good time .Thank you .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

To all you idiots that like to bash authors for no good reason other than you have no life or are immature or both go f**k yourselves (DOCTOR WOLF) and (JAZCULLEN) are both equally talented in what they do if you are going to criticize an author do it in hopes of helping them not tearing them down there is no need to be rude or an ass......

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Anonymous 3/31/16

AGREE!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Maybe its just me but...

Do you think an Alpha werewolf who has lived for over a hundred years as leader of his pack, with no one equal to him would be an arrogant arse who did exactly what he wanted until he finds the other half of his soul? Or would he be a namby pamby pussy cat who showed his inner feelings immediatly, ffs people get grip. Alpha males are often this way until they are balanced by their mate and maybe if you read the story to the end then see the story development you might discover the depth you sadly lack.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The comments are as significant as the story at this point.

To Chocolate and other like minded commentators,

Intelligence and common sense do not always go hand in hand. There are plenty of highly educated individuals who are pretty naive or immature socially. You're not entirely wrong about the cliches or that there are some gaps.

Criticism is not a bad thing. DW can and will grow from it. The story will benefit from it. But brow beating the author and being rude is pretty ridiculous.

Also, not everyone shares the same parameters for rape. Reactions are varied regardless of education and personality. There was discomfort and adjusting described when they finally had sex. FYI not all virgins have a hymen. Not all virgins have a significant uncomfortable reaction to penetration, there are different definitions of virginity for people as well. She said she hadn't been with a man. There was no mention that she didn't take matters into her own hands or utilize toys. Being an avid reader, should provide you with a little more range and patience.

Feedback is important. But suggestions can be made without totally pissing on someone's effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
engaged

ten years later, this story is still great!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

It's killing me wondering why the hell she hasn't been making a point of telling him that some chick told those rogue wolves to kill her!! How could you forget or overlook THAT!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’ll comment on the actual writing since it would be utterly infuriating arguing with the troll that chocolate is over what are the proper steps to take after being raped. Your writing is solid, author. You have a good base (plot) to work with. Although it doesn’t feel like we know much about the characters yet. Like we don’t have a clear view of their backgrounds or their quirks. Maybe this is purposeful as you want to show huge character development by the end of the book. Also since Elizabeth is a doctor, make her act like a doctor. Show her questioning her surroundings more or trying to analyze the behavior of the werewolves, something that shows she’s an intellect or at least thoughtful and observant like most doctors are. As I said before, your plot is good so far. Some people might hate on it because it’s cliche but come on cliches are popular for a reason.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous