All Comments on 'Bound to the Turnings of the Wheel'

by Eisenloewe

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AliceTagAliceTag12 months ago

This was really sweet and a nice read.

Inevitable_Inevitable_12 months ago

Brilliant weaving of the wheel of time with the real world, really enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

J'ai hâte qu'il y ai une suite car l'histoire ai vraiment sympa à lire et surtout sais excitant la monté de la soumission en visio jusqu'au réel

used2bjustjused2bjustj12 months ago

Enjoyed the read. I hope you intend to write more stories for us on this site. I feel like this story was not categorized correctly. I think it should have been under the Sci-Fi/Fantasy but that's just me.

Certainly didn't take away from the story telling.

5/5

J

joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking8 months ago

Five stars. I love the world building. Everything you've shown us is a natural consequence of what was depicted in the books. The use of the two way sensation thing for sex is especially clever. I'm sad I didn't think of it myself.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I will note that while neither Robert Jordan nor Brandon Sanderson wrote it explicitly or at least not pornographically, I have no doubt that Lanfear or the Seanchean used sex as a tool to break and control captives. It would have been a potent tool in their hands, both for intended purposes and for (for the forsaken) a way of staving off boredom.

The way some of the sul'dam treated their damane in the books, and the way some of the damane reacted to their handlers; strongly suggested a form of petplay and a sexual component to those relationships.

On a separate note - the relationship between Nynaeve Al'meara and Lan Mandragoran (once they got married) also smelled a great deal like a behind-closed-doors bdsm relationship, where Nynaeve was in charge in public and Lan was in charge in private.

Then there was Faile Bashere, and her capture by the rogue Aile - and the way the Aile used shame and public nudity as a punishment and a tool for control of their wetlander captives. No doubt power dynamics and sex played a part in some of those interactions, as well. And, of course, most of the relationships with the main characters involved some form of power dynamic even if I think most of them were maybe just a teensy bit kinky, but not much more.

Oh, yeah - and don't forget that Matt Cauthon had two women that called him, "toy."

WOT was a brutal world. Sex was certainly used as a tool in all the senses; and sometimes as a potent stress-relief.

On a story level, the wheel of time tv series was as much a disappointment as The Lord of the Rings tv series they came out with, I think; and as much as the Disney star wars trilogy and perhaps some of their other choices.

Certainly, it disappointed in the lack of subtle kinkiness, too - although I could have forgiven that if they'd gotten the story half-way right.

Magical collar and gag, my *rse.

Those were costume props and nothing else so they could deliberately avoid kinky undertones.

So yeah, I appreciate what you did here. Excellent work.

Merrily_We_GoMerrily_We_Go5 months ago

BDSM isn't usually my thing because it's too close to outright abuse. This is a tasteful and gentle picture of what it could be when there is true love and mutual trust and respect. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous