Brielle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Behind? In the life you are runnin' from?"

"Yeah, I guess I am."

"I won't tell your secrets luv," he said, turning the shelf on its side to finish it.

"I guess not. Who would you tell? Umm. Ok. Dillen and I were married, but he was gay. He loved a man. I knew it, we were friends, I married him so his parents wouldn't find out he was gay, so that he could be with the man he loved. They died together in a car accident. The cop running the case, he got weird about it. Asked me out. When I said no, he made a huge deal about Dillen and letting his family know he was gay and that I was covering for him. Then he stalked me, made my life hell, wouldn't let up, bugged my house. Manny gave me this place to run to, to get away from him. The cop. So that's it. I came here with nothing to escape a dick cop who thought it would be fun to terrorize me. That text was from him. He has my new phone number."

"Sounds like a right twat. So Dillen was for the boys then? What about you? Did you not get to find your own love?"

"I went to school. It was an easy way to focus on school with no distractions."

"Distractions are good for the soul luv. This bobby though, why didn't you turn him in?"

"His name is Eric."

"What?"

"His name is Eric, not Bobby."

"No, luv, the policeman, the bobby, why didn't you turn him in?"

"I did. I tried to. They believed him, not me."

"This one's done. Nightstand now? So what if he follows you here? He live back in Chicago too?"

"Just outside of Chicago in a suburb," I said, sitting on my bed. "You really don't have to do all this!"

"It's a small thing. I don't mind. Lia! Get down off that bed!"

"She's fine," I laughed, snuggling the big dog.

"She's spoilt, she is. These will be quick, they are little things. Red sheets? I read something once about people who slept in red sheets."

"What did it say?"

"Red sheets indicate promiscuity."

"Hah! Yeah, these were on sale. There wasn't much selection in the california king anyway, it was red or this ugly blue and yellow floral."

"And you needed a bed so big?"

"I bring my work to bed with me a lot. I like to be able to just roll over and sleep without having to put everything up."

"Sleep with your work? No distractions? You are soundin' more and more like what you need is a good lay."

My gut tightened and I blushed, looking down at him as he drove a screw into particle board. I had no idea what to say to that. He turned and looked up at me curiously when I didn't respond. He grinned. "It wasn't an offer luv, just an observation. I'm doubtin' you're ready to jump in the sack with the likes of me anyway. Little thing like you will need a bit a' primin'."

I badly wanted to ask what 'primin' ' meant, but I didn't dare. I was pretty sure I knew.

"Didn't mean to make you blush so, luv. It is lovely to see though. You are a pretty little thing, I'll give you that. It's not much wonder the twat was pressin' you as hard as he was. This one is done miss. I am thinkin' I should go now. If you can do without the rest, I can come back tomorrow evenin' and finish the others. If you want. If I haven't offended you too much now."

"Oh! No, no, you didn't. I just... I don't really... umm. You don't have to come back tomorrow. I mean, you can if you want to, but you don't have to? Thank you for doing all of this, really. I would still be trying to figure out the desk if you hadn't come! Thanks."

"It's nothin' at all luv. Perhaps you can make me dinner sometime to return the favor?"

"Oh! Sure. Yeah, I can do that. Umm, I can make dinner tomorrow? If you do come back?"

"Tomorrow then," he said with a cheerful smile, then left, Lia following him.

I shut the door and let a breath out. Why was I so freaking awkward? And why the fuck did I leave my vibrator back in Chicago?!? I slid the lock and went to take a shower, excited for once about the detachable shower head.

It was no wonder my dreams were filled with lust, desire and an aching need.

I slept in late, then stumbled into the kitchen, only to discover that I had coffee, but no coffeemaker. Ugh. I started a list. Coffeemaker. What else. Oh, right. Vibrator. Did they sell those in stores or would I have to get a card to order one online? I could get a few of those prepaid cards. Fuck. Why hadn't I thought to just toss mine in my bag? It was right there in my nightstand drawer. Eric probably had it now. Yikes, there was an unpleasant thought.

I wandered away from the list to find clothes. I was going to go shopping today, find something super sexy to wear this evening, and something easy to cook. I wasn't an awful cook, but I went from living in a foster home where meals were cooked for me to being married to Dillen where a cook prepared every meal. It had spoiled me.

I also drove around the little town, found a cute little coffee shop to have breakfast (who cared if it was past noon?) and a few other little places I made mental note of. Especially the little used bookstore! By five, I was pulling back in front of my house with bags and boxes to unload. It was all kinds of fun until it came time to unload the car by myself.

On my third trip, I heard Donald yelling at me about something. I kicked the door shut behind me, but he was waiting on my walk when I came back out.

"I told you not to fill this place with shit! Didn't I tell you?"

"Excuse me Mr Everett, you need to step off of my property!" I snapped angrily. He puffed up like a peacock. "You have NO right to tell me what to do with MY house. You get out of my yard right now!"

"Who do you think you are you little hellion? This aint your place! This is Ally's place!"

"Allejandra Estevon died and her grandson gave me this house. That makes it my property. You have about two seconds to get out of my yard before I call the police!"

"The hell if I will! I spent more hours here than you have been alive you little cunt! You go ahead and call Sheriff Last and see what he says! Call him! Here, I have his HOME number. I'll call him myself!" he yelled, taking off towards his house.

I stared at him. Was he for real? The man needed to be in a home. I grabbed another load and peeked out before stepping out again. I was coming out after the last load to move my car when an old Sheriff's car pulled up. My heart sank. This wasn't happening!

A man stepped out, tall and skinny, handsome for a middle aged guy. He had his brown hair cut short and his brown eyes matched his hair. "Miss," he offered. "Your parents home?"

I felt my face heat as fury welled up in me. "My parents are dead. If you mean my foster parents that I lived with until I graduated highschool six years ago, I am sure they are at their house having dinner."

"I meant no offense ma'am. I'm Sheriff Last. Tom. Don gave me a call and I wanted to come speak to you in person. I know he's a bit... set in his ways and maybe even a bit off, but I'd like to ask for your patience. I told him he couldn't just come over here yelling at you, it's your place now. It's just hard on him, seeing so much change. If he gives you any more trouble, here's my card. Call me straight away and I will take care of it, Miss?"

"Estevon. Brielle Estevon."

"You... don't look like an Estevon, ma'am, pardon me for saying so."

"No, it's fine, I don't. I married Dillen. Manny's son. He passed last year in an accident. I came out here to start over."

"I see. Well if you need anything, you have my card. You know... I have a friend who could probably help you fix up that old house? He's a good guy. Single too."

"I know you are not trying to set me up after hearing that I was so recently widowed," I said, lifting an eyebrow at the man.

"Sorry, ma'am. Dillen passed almost a whole year ago now. I couldn't come to the funeral, it was too far. Ally and I were close. Mrs Estevon I mean. I know Manny and I knew Dillen. I was invited to your wedding too, but I couldn't make that either. I thought, given the circumstances surrounding the unfortunate accident that you might be ready to move on."

"You mean because he was gay?" I asked, my tone turning dangerous.

"Well, I don't mean to say that it was anything to do with you or anything..."

"Sir, stop. Please. Dillen and I grew up together. We met in kindergarten and became best friends in the third grade. The summer before highschool started, he told me he liked boys. He couldn't tell another soul, his family wouldn't understand. So we stayed close, we got married right out of highschool and I was HAPPY to cover for him so that he could live with the man he loved. We were best friends and I adored him. He adored me. We were better than most couples, the difference is we didn't have sex. So no. I am not ready to just move on. I lost more than you can imagine, so please let it go."

"Sorry to bring it up ma'am. Not to press the issue. But a little thing like you, maybe shouldn't be stayin' all alone, especially given how innocent you are."

"Innocent?" I asked, confused.

"Virginal if you don't mind the term."

"How the FUCK would anyone even know that?"

"There is no reason for that sort of language little miss..."

"No, I mean really? How does that change anything about me staying here alone? Oh, she's a woman she's just fine, unless you know, unless she's a virgin. The rapists and robbers can smell that shit you know, can't have any of that just laying around!"

"Ma'am, you are getting out of line now..."

"No, you are out of line! My love life is NONE of your business! It's ridiculous that I should even have to say that out loud in this day and age! I have your card, if that old loon comes back, I will call the police. I am going to move my car and go hide in my home to protect my supposed purity."

I turned my back on him to go to my car, but he caught my arm. "Ma'am, just a damn minute. You don't get to just walk away, I am talking to you!"

"I am not your child! You don't get to decide when a conversation is over, get your hand off me!"

"You just listen. I am giving you sound advice, you don't need to get your back all up. Find yourself a friend, a roommate, someone. Don't stay here alone without company."

"Are you saying this neighborhood is dangerous? That you can't keep your sleepy little town in line? Let go of me, I will be fine. I said let go!"

"Fine," he said angrily, letting me go with a shove. "Don't you say you weren't warned!" He yelled, walking away. I heard him grumble, "little bitch," as he got in the car.

I pulled my car around and hurried in, my adrenaline still high enough to make me shake. What right did some asshole cop have to say all those ridiculous things? Were all cops assholes?

Now I was pressed for time and I had to hurry to get lasagna in the oven and shower and change. I was debating earring choices when there was a knock on the door. I hurried to get it in my little black dress. I had meant to be wearing my heels, but I was out of time.

"Hey!" I smiled up at him. "Come in!"

He stepped in, ducking under the door frame. He wasn't wearing the hat tonight, just a blue cable-knit sweater that matched his eyes. He was dreamy.

"Smells heavenly in here! And aren't you a lovely sight? D'you have plans?"

"Oh, no. I am done with all my big plans for the day. Have a seat, the lasagna is done and the bread is ready to come out now. Do you drink wine? Say yes because I went to a LOT of trouble to get it. No one ever likes to sell to me." I realized I was babbling as I set the pan of bread on the stove. I had to clench my teeth to plate it so that I wouldn't keep talking. Was he watching me? I felt incredibly nervous.

"Wine will do. I see you have brought in a few more things."

"Red or white?"

"Whichever you have open."

"Umm, neither actually. Here, I will let you do that." I hastily handed him the wine and wine opener while I set dinner on the table.

You know, bistro tables and their high stool style chairs are super cute in the catalogs and on display, until you actually have to climb into one like a toddler, in a short dress. By the time I got settled into my chair, my face was flaming hot.

He was smirking at the wine he was opening like he was too smart to speak, but couldn't help but find the humor in it. He uncorked the wine and set it down and stood. "Where are your wine glasses luv? Sit tight, I will get them."

UGH.

"Cupboard next to the sink," I offered in humiliation. He sat down and poured me a tall glass of wine. I did not drink, I hated wine, especially red, but I had wanted to look sophisticated and mature. Yeah. Real mature sitting here swinging my bare feet two feet from the floor.

"D'ya need to say grace luv? I don't myself but I will wait if you do."

"Oh, no. Dig in. Hope you like italian. My foster parents were italian, so most of what I know how to make leans that way."

"It's delicious. Don't often have a meal that don't come from a tin."

"You didn't bring Lia tonight?"

"No, I walked her early. Figured I might have my hands full tonight. What is that gadget there?"

"Coffee maker? Or the toaster?"

"Heh. So have you heard more from the twat?"

"Not today. At least not that particular one."

"A new twat then?"

"Local Sheriff, you know him?"

"Seen him hereabouts. He's at the Everett place quite often these days. He givin' ya trouble?"

"Just being... you know. Alpha male."

"That's a new term then. Alpha male. That mean twat?"

"Sure," I answered with a smile. I tried to keep myself from glancing up at him too much, but it was hard not to. Especially with the way he was looking at me and smiling like he knew exactly how hot I thought he was. I sipped enough of the awful wine that he topped it off. Blech.

"That was wonderful luv, but if I eat another bite I won't be able to bend to do any work. Here, let me help you," he offered, taking my hands so I could hop down. Not humiliating at all! His hands were enormous around mine. I looked at them, large calloused and rough, working hands. They engulfed mine completely. They were incredibly sexy hands, I could imagine how they would feel, gliding along my back, my hips...

"Do I get them back?" he teased, tugging his hands lightly.

I jerked my hands away, horrified. Oh. My. GAWD. What was wrong with me?!? I of course chose that moment to remember that I had NOT found a vibrator that day while shopping.

"Uhhhh...Ummm, uuuhhh... where did you want to start? There are more shelves in the office there, or did you want to go to the bedroom?"

"Bedroom?" he asked, his smile twitching.

"For the dresser!" I said in a rush.

He was teasing me. He knew I was flustered and I wanted him and he was toying with me. I was practically throwing myself at this man and he was making a game of it. I was no ones toy!

"Umm, actually. I think this was a bad idea. Maybe you should go ahead and go home. Thanks anyway, I will figure out the rest."

"If the wine has you feelin' a bit off it's no trouble luv. I can come back tomorrow. Get you some rest then," he said gently, going to the door. "Dinner was lovely and so was the company."

He left and I locked the door, then stood wishing I hadn't lost my temper. If I had just played along, we would probably be pulling each others clothes off in my bed right now. That was how it worked with normal people, right? They teased and flirted and then let things heat up naturally? Ugh. I was horrible at this.

I climbed in my bed and closed my eyes, trying to imagine what it would feel like to have his hands on me. Fantasy after fantasy reeled through my head and I came again and again, unable to sate myself. I was sweating and my limbs were aching after I had cum for the fifth time. I realized that it wasn't just my exertions, the house was HOT. I got up and went down the hall to discover the heat was set at 88 again. I turned the heat off completely and opened a window slightly in my room. I took a shower before climbing back into bed. My dreams were more vivid than my fantasies and I woke several times on the brink of an orgasm, having to finish myself. I had never fallen in such instant lust with someone in my whole life. I'd had celebrity crushes, like any girl. I'd had a crush in highschool on a jock who never knew I was alive. The first time I touched myself and made myself cum, it was with him in mind and his name on my lips. I hated now that his name had also been Eric. Eric Smithson.

As I thought about it, I realized that Keane was almost a living embodiment of my dream man. Dillen and I were laying in his bed in his room, describing our ideal man. I said mine as tall dark and handsome, but not too dark, I quickly amended. I didn't want Dillen to think I was one of the dozens of girls that had a crush on him. Dark hair with a pale european complexion, dark blue eyes, the kind of man who could fix anything, with a sexy accent. He would be older than me, but not too much, and his voice would draw chills up your spine. My mystery man had seemed to materialize, though I never realized a scottish, or was it irish? accent was sexy. If it wasn't before, it was now. I could hear him whispering my name in his sexy voice in my dreams.

I woke up past noon again, my body aching. I had kicked off my sheets, sweating again. I rolled out of bed with a groan and stumbled to put coffee on while I went to take another shower. On the way, I noticed the heat was on again, set at 88. What the hell? I turned it off again, wondering if I was going to have to call someone to have it fixed.

I let the hot water pound on my sore muscles until the hot water ran out, which was much more quickly than I was used to. Note to self: Showers could last no longer than 13 minutes.

Coffee didn't seem to do the trick, even after I made a second pot. I sat in front of my laptop and stared at it blankly, feeling fuzzy and far away. What was I doing again? Right, I needed to call and get internet. That's what I was going to do today. I got my phone and stared at the screen in confusion. 1 missed call, 3 new messages. I blinked at it a moment, then frowned. What the hell was wrong with me? I wanted to go back to bed. I opened the messages.

E. Outlaw - Miss me yet babe?

E. Outlaw - You left a lot of sexy things here, should I bring them when I cum see you?

E. Outlaw - BINGO

Bingo? What did that mean? I scowled at the message, then flipped over to the missed call. Manny. Ugh. I would call him back later. I laid down on the couch and drifted off again.

I jerked awake and stared at the dimming light in the window. Had I really slept all day?!? I jerked my phone up. No, it must just be overcast. I called about internet, then debated about calling Manny back. In the end I decided I owed him a call back. Thankfully, it went to voicemail.

"Hey Manny, I saw you called. I wanted to let you know I got here fine and I am getting settled in. It's a cute place, thanks again! Love and miss you all, bye!"

I paced, looking around. Should I try and build the rest of these things myself? I wanted him to come back, didn't I? I wanted him to come back and put his hands on me. Why was I so enamoured with this stranger? He could be a serial killer, or a rapist, or any number of things. I needed to get a grip and stop mooning over this man.

I hoped he stopped in. Maybe I should go apologize? Make him some cookies or something? No, I hadn't done anything wrong. UGH!

I went back to my laptop and decided to set up my printer, cussing about not having wifi so I could do it all wirelessly. It was insane the things I had always taken for granted. I looked at my phone to check the time again, decided I had enough time to go into the little town before he would come around.

I stopped and put in an order at the little chinese place, enough for two. I like leftovers. What? While I waited, I got to browse at the little bookstore and ended up with two large paper bags of books before going to pick up my food order. On impulse, I stopped at the little bakery too and picked up a small peach cobbler before they closed. The woman tried to engage me in conversation, but I was in a hurry now, hoping he wouldn't knock while I was gone and think I was blowing him off.

123456...9