Brittany Buckles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If you wanted to. Your name is on the account."

"You trust me that much?"

"No, I love you that much, and I know you love me the same."

It shocked her that she was instantly a multimillionaire, without the family drama. She also realized I didn't ask for a prenup, nor protected myself in any way.

She stood up, took my hand and pulled me inside.

"Come on, let's go make that baby."

"I'm sure your birth control pills haven't worn off."

"Ok, then let's go practice.

Brittany

Watching Jack work always makes me smile. He really is a genius, and when he concentrates on something, he has the cutest little look on his face.

I was happy with how much I have learned this year from him. I no longer feel like I'm in the way, instead I was contributing to our production and success.

We became so productive working together I was able to convince him to stop and smell the roses once in a while. We would work hard together for a month getting out orders. Then make a stop in Grand Cayman to grab some cash and head to Europe or Hawaii for a week or two.

The highlight of our spring was when we were in Hawaii walking out of Morimoto's restaurant. Waiting to get in was none other than my parents and grandparents. I squeezed Jack's hand in apprehension, but he just gave me a gentle squeeze back, recognizing my mother immediately.

She was the first one to see me.

"Brittany, where have you been?"

"Been? Well let's see we've been to France, Italy, Australia, Scotland and Norway, am I missing anywhere, dear?"

"Did you forget our wedding?"

I flashed my beautiful wedding ring to make sure they all saw it.

"Oh yes, so silly of me. Jamaica and the Cayman Islands as well."

For the first time in my life, I witnessed them speechless.

Jack drove the dagger home.

"Enjoy your dinner. Morimoto's is always our favorite place to eat while we are in Maui. Are you ready, Mrs Costello?"

"Yes, I am, Mr Costello."

We laughed a little and walked away before they could say another word. It felt good to close that unpleasant chapter of my life. Jack had opened my eyes and given me so much happiness.

Unfortunately that was one of our last trips of the year. A few months later, we were together in the workshop working on another order. I heard the driveway alert chime and saw the UPS truck coming to make its daily delivery. To my excitement, I saw him pull out a box with a picture of flowers on the side. I quickly signed Brittany Costello for the delivery.

"Jack, they're here."

It had taken some searching, but he had found me twenty-one white rose plants for our anniversary. We had the new flower bed all ready, just waiting for them to arrive.

After he brought in all the packages, he gave me a kiss.

"I assume the workshop is closed for the day?"

"Yes, let's get these babies planted, then maybe you can plant something else later tonight."

He gave me a kiss.

"You drive a hard bargain, but I accept your conditions."

Jack thoughtfully put a chair in the shade for me, our Malamute puppy Siku was running circles around us, occasionally tripping over its huge feet. I watched Jack plant each rose with tender loving care while I rubbed my huge stomach, feeling our unborn daughter kicking.

It had been quite a year, and it all started with Jack having a bad day and me finding my inner strength.

Epilogue

I picked up my phone and shot Jack a quick text. Sometimes he is so focused he forgets what time dinner is.

'Hey sexy, dinner will be ready in twenty.'

'Just finished up, be there in five.'

I finished setting the table and put the finishing touches on dinner. I heard Jack come in and quickly found him in the hallway. I pushed him against the wall, wrapped my arms around him and gave him a long soft kiss.

"Hey sexy, how was work?"

"It was pretty good, the new guy is working out well."

"His name is Rick, you don't have to keep calling him the new guy."

"OK, my day was pretty good, Rick is working out well. Now how was your day?"

"Wonderful, I finished the Christmas letter. I will let you read it at dinner."

"Speaking of, what's your creation tonight?"

"Bibimbap."

"Bi bi who what?"

"Bibimbap, it's a Korean rice dish with veggies, sliced beef and a boiled egg."

Jack groaned in mock disgust.

"My god, I created a monster when I introduced you to cooking."

I smacked his arm and shooed him off to get ready for dinner.

"Stop, I haven't made anything really bad since last summer."

Even though he loved to tease me, I knew he enjoyed all the new and different dishes I have been making this year.

Jack came back and sat at the head of the table. I put a bowl of Bibi in front of him, and the Christmas letter beside it. He hates it when I serve him, but it makes me feel so good. I love my domestic life.

Carmen and I have been sharing recipes all year and even though Adam pretends he hates the new dishes she is making, he eats it all every night and usually asks for seconds. With Jack's help, she cured the children of their picky eating, making her life much easier.

Jack and Adam both tease us when they visit for Sunday Fundays. It's the only day the men take over cooking and it's always something grilled or smoked, even in the middle of winter.

Jack picks up the letter I have written while taking a bite of his dinner.

"OK, let's see what we have here."

Merry Christmas from the Costello's

I can't believe another year is almost over!

The enclosed picture was taken in Hawaii. Jack surprised me with

a surprise trip for our fifth wedding anniversary last month.

Costello Medical Equipment is doing great! Since I stepped away permanently, Jack

had to hire a third person to keep up with demand! He may even add another next year so he doesn't have to spend so much time on the road delivering and picking up equipment.

Rose turned five this year. We love her to death, but my God what a firecracker

she has become. She started dance this year and loves it. She has Jack wrapped

around her little finger and if she ever figures it out, we are both in big trouble.

Jack Jr turned three this year and he is truly a junior. He follows his dad everywhere

he can and always wants to be with him. Even though he is only three,

I can tell he will be a genius like his father.

I delivered Abigail in March, she is such a good baby.

She is already sleeping through the night much to our relief.

I have been super busy.

When not taking care of the kids, I keep practicing my new passion of cooking.

This year I tried to master Asian cuisine and it was a fun journey. I screwed

a few meals up pretty badly but most have been really great. I think next year

I am going to try and learn French cooking.

I also spend several hours a week working for our charitable foundation. This year our

biggest accomplishment was the opening of the Costello Women's Shelter.

It was a huge undertaking but will be a great asset to the community

for years to come along with the Costello Free Clinic that was opened

last year in partnership with the hospital.

We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

The Costello's

Jack, Brittany, Rose, Jack Jr and Abigail

"That's perfect dear."

"Thanks love, I will get them printed out and mailed this week. I know it will irritate my family knowing that our lives are going so well without them."

Later that evening, we tucked all the children in and enjoyed some quiet time together with a glass of wine. Jack got a grin on his face like something was up.

"Have you decided yet?"

"Decided what dear?"

"If we are stopping at three kids or having another?"

"I don't know, right now I am content, but when Abigail gets past that baby stage I may get the urge again. Why did you bring that up?"

"I was just wondering if you would like to practice tonight."

So we did, twice.

1...5678910