Brittany Buckles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thanks, and who is this beautiful creature?"

"Dad, this is my girlfriend Brittany. Brittany, this is my dad,"

He stuck out his hand to me.

"Jim, it is a pleasure to finally meet you.

"It's a pleasure, happy birthday."

"Thanks, Jack has told me so much about you. He wasn't lying when he said you were the most beautiful woman he had ever met."

I felt myself blush at the compliment.

"Now I know where Jack learned to be so smooth."

He chuckled and winked at his son, making me feel even more at ease.

It was still early, so we all sat around in their living room, with Jack and I sharing a loveseat. We were barely seated when his little niece came over and sat in his lap. The way he snuggled her up reminded me how much I wanted to have his babies.

She kept looking at me and I was delighted when she crawled over into my lap and started talking away. I couldn't understand much of what she was trying to tell me, but whatever it was she was very animated about it.

Lisa looked at me in admiration.

"You must have a way with kids, usually she's really shy."

"Really? I haven't really been around them much, but she has to be the cutest little girl I have ever seen."

"Thanks, she really seems to like you."

By now my fear and apprehension was totally gone. I felt so welcome and this little girl was stealing my heart.

It wasn't long before we were called to lunch, and to my joy Lilly insisted on sitting on my lap.

"Come on Lilly, I am sure Brittany doesn't want to share her lunch with you."

"It's ok really, I don't mind at all."

"OK, but if she becomes too annoying, I can take her."

Lilly sat on my lap and shared my lunch, talking constantly. When we were done eating, she once again took her place on my lap while I sat beside Jack.

I was heartbroken when it was time for us to leave. She threw a fit because she wanted to stay with me.

His sister gave me a big hug as we were leaving.

"I really like her Jack. Try not to screw it up."

"Gee thanks Sis, I will try my hardest."

Even his dad gave me a hug as we were leaving.

When we hopped in the truck, I was overcome with emotion. Instead of being judged and rejected, I was instead welcomed and loved.

"My god Jack, this has been one the best days of my life."

"And just think, you didn't want to come."

"I have never felt more at home in my life. I love you Jack."

"I love you too."

"Can we practice making our babies when we get home."

"As often as you want my dear, as often as you want."

Chapter 14

Jack

Sunday Funday and meeting my family seemed to change Brittany.

It was like she became a happy domestic housewife, even though she was still putting in a ton of hours at the dealership. She wanted to spend time helping me in the yard and garden during the evenings and Sundays. She started coming up with meal ideas on her own, she even talked me into painting one of the spare bedrooms a different color.

She had become so alive, and our love grew stronger than I could have ever imagined. I couldn't wait for the day she would quit the dealership and work with me, but I wasn't going to say anything until she brought it up. I didn't want to put any pressure on her.                            

One Thursday night she came home nervous, barely touching her food.

"Ok love, spill it."

"Spill what?"

"Whatever is bothering you?"

"Nothing really, just preoccupied."

"About?"

"Nothing."

"Love, we need to communicate and trust each other completely. Plus, if you don't tell me, no sex for you tonight."

This at least got a smile out of her.

"No sex would be a punishment for both of us though."

"So come on, love, tell me what I did wrong, so I can apologize. Let's get it over with."

"It's not you, you're perfect. My mom found out about us and is hounding me to meet you."

"OK, what's wrong with meeting her? Invite her to lunch Sunday."

"You don't understand. It will be like a job interview. My mom isn't a good person. Like I said, she runs the family like a business."

I didn't want to say I didn't believe her, but I didn't believe her. What kind of mother would put the family business ahead of her own daughter's happiness?

"Well, we may as well get it over with. Invite her to lunch Sunday. What's the worst that can happen?"

"You would be surprised, but ok."

Brittany

I was a nervous wreck.

We decided to reenact our first date together and make fresh shrimp alfredo and bread. I told mom to be here a little before noon, and she took it upon herself to show up ten minutes before eleven.

Jack graciously escorted her to the kitchen and poured her a glass of wine while we finished cooking lunch together.

I don't think my mother cooked us a single meal our whole lives, and I could tell by the looks she was giving me she didn't approve of me cooking with Jack.

As soon as we sat down for lunch, she started right in.

"So Jack, I understand you have your own medical equipment business."

"Yes Ma'am."

"Is it lucrative?"

"It pays the bills."

"How well may I ask?"

"Well, my accountant told the IRS I made eighty thousand last year on four hundred thousand in sales. This year is going pretty good, so I think I can push it up to eighty five."

I cringed at the look my mother had on her face. It was like she stepped in dog shit on the president's lawn. It disgusted her, but she tried not to show it.

"Sounds pretty technical. Where did you go to college?"

Please please please don't tell her you are a high school dropout.

"I didn't go to college. I am self taught."

"Ah, I see."

Whew, dodged a bullet there I thought to myself.

"To be honest, I dropped out of high school when I was a junior."

Fuck, I could feel the disapproval emanating from my mother. She barely ate her food, instead she pushed it around her plate like a child would, occasionally nibbling on a shrimp.

Thankfully, she at least waited until Jack and I were done eating before announcing her departure.

"Thank you for lunch. I have to get going. Brittany, will you walk me out?"

The moment the front door shut behind us, she let me have it.

"What in the name of god are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"What are you doing, playing house? I would have thought you would have gotten past childish games at your age."

"No Mom. We do everything together, and after you leave, we will do the dishes together and spend the rest of the day together."

If I would have slapped her across the face, she wouldn't have been more shocked.

"Have your little fun, but make it quick. We need to start finding you a husband soon, you're not getting any younger."

"Mom, you always said I would be able to pick my own husband."

"Yes, but he still has to meet Buckles family standards. You know, well educated, come from a good family, clean cut and well dressed. Everything HE isn't."

By then, all I could do was stare at the ground, willing the tears not to fall. She didn't say another word, not even good bye. She just hopped into her Mercedes and drove down the lane.

Jack was waiting for me inside the front door. As soon as I came in, I fell into his arms sobbing. Thankfully he just held me tightly.

"Don't worry, love, we got it over with. Now we can move on."

I thought to myself, you don't know my family.

I dreaded going to work the next day, wondering what would be waiting for me. Monday mornings at the dealership always suck, but today it seemed like my brother was intent on working me to death, piling on the extra work.

Shortly after lunch, my secretary stepped in.

"Brittany, your father and grandfather are in the meeting room. They said they need to see you right away."

I was instantly on alert. In the four years I had been the assistant GM, this had never happened. I suspected my mother was behind it.

The looks on their faces when I sat down confirmed it. My father started first.

"Good morning Brittany, we have some great news for you. As you may have heard, your cousin in Nashville had a heart attack last month and needs bypass surgery. We thought we had a good assistant GM in place while he was gone, but this morning we had to fire him."

My grandfather started the company forty years ago. He ruled with an iron fist and very few people ever stood up to him. It's no surprise he decided to deliver the bombshell personally.

"We need you to take control as the interim general manager until your cousin is healthy enough to come back. Your pay will reflect the position and be raised to a hundred thousand monthly plus bonuses. The sales manager is very good, but other than him you will be in charge of everything. We have faith you will be able to right the ship and keep the Buckles name strong."

"How long until he will be back?"

"He will be gone for at least six weeks, however it could be months. We will have to wait and hear what his doctors say."

I could barely breathe, my chest felt like an elephant was sitting on it. The family is exiling me, putting five hours between Jack and I. With no assistant GM to help me, I will be working twelve hours a day for six, possibly even seven days a week. I won't even be able to come home on the weekends to see him.

"How long until you have an assistant GM hired?"

"We're looking for someone who is qualified. You are the youngest family member we have left. There's no one else ready to step into the position right now."

"Ok, when do you need me there?"

"We have a nice extended stay hotel reserved for you starting tomorrow night. Today we need you to get the sales manager up to speed on everything in the pipeline. We are swapping a dozen cars between the dealerships tomorrow. You can ride with them in the morning and pick up your company car there."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes, the convoy leaves at nine in the morning. We have faith in you, Brittany, or we wouldn't be giving you this much responsibility at your age. I need to head to Chicago for another meeting. Good luck."

Right away I was sent into another meeting with my brother and the sales manager. I desperately needed to talk with Jack, but they were intent on keeping me tied up for as long as possible.

After an hour of reviewing material we all already knew inside and out, I had enough and stood up to leave the room.

"Where are you going? We have more to go over before you leave."

"I need to use the bathroom and take ten minutes. You both have been here for years, you should know all this stuff anyway."

Instead I went to my office, locking the door behind me. I collapsed in my chair, picked up my phone and called Jack.

"They are exiling me."

"What?"

"They are sending me to Nashville for two to three months. I leave at nine am tomorrow and they are trying to keep me here late tonight."

"Wow, your mom must have really hated me."

"I told you she is not a good person, you didn't believe me."

"I just couldn't fathom your mother would treat her own daughter like this, I'm sorry Brittany."

"Jack, will you wait for me?"

"I will wait for you for years if I have to."

"I hope it's not that long."

"We will work it out. You're too important to me to let a couple hundred miles get in our way."

"I'm sorry, Jack."

"Don't be sorry, my love, just take care of yourself. It will be fine in the long run."

"I have to pack tonight. I need to be in your arms so bad right now. I don't even know where to start."

"Well, how about I pack up your stuff here, and meet you at your apartment tonight? We can pack what you're going to need, then hold each other until morning."

"I love you so much, Jack. Why does it have to be like this?"

"Anything worth having is never going to be easy. I will be at your apartment by eight. If I have to wait for a while, don't worry. I will pick up a pizza for dinner."

"OK my love, I will see you tonight."

I was beyond pissed and hurt. My brother was clearly stalling me, on orders from my mother I'm sure. I decided screw it, I'm leaving, what are they going to do, fire me?

I walked back into the conference room to grab my notebooks.

"I'm heading home to pack. If you can't handle it from here, you shouldn't be the GM of a Buckles dealership."

That felt good

I should stick up for myself more often. I texted Jack I was on my way home, hoping he would be able to join me soon.

As soon as I walked into the door, I grabbed my suitcases and started throwing clothes in, tears streaming down my face. I wasn't there long when I heard a knock at the door. Thankfully it was Jack, seeing him and the look on his face broke my heart. I started sobbing uncontrollably, my face buried in his chest.

He picked me up and carried me to the couch, cradling me like he would a small child.

"Jack, I don't want to leave you."

"I don't want you to go either my love, but no matter how long you're gone, I will be waiting for you."

"Will you take me to bed, I need to feel your skin on mine."

He picked me and carried me to my small bed. He slowly undressed me, and then himself. It wasn't sexual, it was soulful. We climbed into bed, and I folded myself into his arms, feeling so loved.

He held me tightly all night. Whenever I would start tossing and turning, he would hold me tighter whispering in my ear how much he loved me, how he would always be here for me.

When morning came, he made me one last breakfast I had to force myself to eat. Once again I cried into his chest before getting into my car and driving away.

Thankfully the old man I rode with to Nashville with didn't insist on talking the entire way. I had him drop me off at the hotel, putting off my appearance at the dealership until tomorrow.

The extended stay hotel was nice, under different conditions I would have actually enjoyed staying there. I ordered in, climbed into bed and called Jack. I talked as long as I could, eventually falling into a restless sleep. It was going to be hard getting used to sleeping without having his arms around me every night.

I arrived at the dealership at eight the next morning and was greeted by the sales manager. I immediately thought of my mother once again. He was definitely a Buckles man. Tall, handsome, clean cut. I looked at his ring finger in the hope that he was married, but there was no such luck.

"Hi Brittany, I'm Alex."

"Hello Alex, why don't you give me a quick tour of the lot before we get to work."

As we walked around, he kept trying to draw me into small talk. Instead of business, he insisted on asking personal questions about me.

Everytime he asked me a question having nothing to do with business, I flat out ignored him. I was in a terrible mood and didn't care if I was polite or not.

"OK, I am heading to my office. Have someone send me the month to date sales report and our current inventory report."

I started settling into my new office. Pictures of my cousin's family still decorated the walls and desk. I decided to leave the room as is with the hopes I wouldn't be here for very long.

Soon, Alex came back with two cups of coffee and the reports I asked for. Without asking, he pulled up a chair next to me and laid out the reports.

I gave him the best bitch glare I could.

"What are you doing?"

"I thought we could go over the reports together."

"Believe it or not, I 've been doing this job for years already. I know what I am looking for, and I am SURE you have responsibilities of your own, like making sure deals are getting processed."

He gave me a semi contrite little smirk.

"Yeah sure, let me know if you need anything else."

I dove right into my work. This was one of the largest Buckles dealerships and the workload was immense.

As upset as I was, the responsibility was still real and people were relying on me.

My days quickly blended together. I arrived at the dealership at seven every morning and stayed until nine or ten at night. Friday and Saturdays were so busy I was there until midnight. I was able to text or call Jack a couple times a day, but the conversations were short. I was just so busy, tired, and stressed.

Alex kept trying to become friends with me. I let him know very clearly I was not interested in being friends, or possibly even more like he wanted. Unfortunately my cold shoulder did not slow him down.

I was only there a couple weeks and already running on fumes. Monday found me sitting at my desk looking over reports when Alex put his hand in the middle of my back and gave me a light caress, leaning over my shoulder.

"Hey, how is it going?"

I didn't even raise my head from the report I was reading.

"GET YOUR FUCKING HAND OFF ME."

Surprisingly, the asshole just laughed at me.

"Don't you get it yet?"

I spun around slapping his hand away from me.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You were sent down here for us to hook up. I am supposed to bed and wed you, then we will take over this dealership together."

I was shocked, even though I shouldn't have been. Then I got mad, real mad.

"Let me make this very clear. You will never ever bed me. Never. Nor will you ever touch me again or you will be out on the street. Are we clear?"

He still thought this was a game. Instead of quitting, he smiled and leaned in closer to me.

"I see you're going to play hard to get. And you can't fire me. I work for your cousin."

"Ask Earl Iverson if I can fire you."

"Who's Earl Iverson?"

"The salesman who had been with the company for twenty years who I fired last month. AFTER he said I couldn't fire him because he worked for my brother."

For the first time, I saw a glimmer of doubt in his eyes. I don't think he expected a strong willed woman. He had probably been told I was ripe for him to bend over the desk, and if he succeeded, he could have me and the dealership.

"Ok, I get it."

"Good, don't forget it. And if I have one female employee come to me accusing you of harassing them, you will be out on your ass immediately. Again, AM I FUCKING CLEAR?"

"Perfectly. I haven't ever done anything like this. Your family put me up to it. I'm good at my job and just want to move up in the company. They said you were looking for a husband and promised me the dealership if I would wed you."

"What about my cousin?"

"He took his family on a European tour. When they get back they are opening a new luxury dealership across town he will run. Buckles Mercedes, Jaguar and Porsche."

"Get the fuck out of my office."

As soon as he closed the door, I picked up a picture of my cousin and his family and threw it against the door as hard as I could to make sure he got my point. I sat back in my chair, feeling betrayed, my emotions were such a mess. They had me trapped and weren't going to let me go. I racked my brain for a way out, but the family was all controlling.

If I quit, I would have to find a completely different career. I would never see my family again, although I don't think it would really be a big loss. They were more like work associates anyway. How I wished I had been born into a normal, loving family like Jack's.

I heard my name being paged. I thought about sabotaging sales, forcing them to replace me. But I couldn't bring myself to hurt the honest hardworking employees who worked on commission and bonuses.

I pulled myself together the best I could. No matter what, I wasn't going to hurt other people for my personal gain.

Saturday I woke up miserable and depressed. It was the one day of the year I hated the most, my birthday.

Growing up, birthdays were just another milestone for the business. At fourteen we could start washing cars, sixteen we could be lot attendants, eighteen junior sales people. There were no birthday parties, no fun trips to an amusement park, or any other birthday activities other kids had.