Broadway Betrayal

Story Info
Facing the hardest of times, together.
16.7k words
4.9
2.8k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tess O-Meter -- Amber.

You can dip in and out of this unexpected series, but for a richer read and character development they are best when read in the order of writing. Broadway Lust Story, Broadway Love Story, Broadway Luck Story, Broadway Beginnings, Broadway Bust, Broadway to Vegas and Broadway Betrayal.

Warning: This story may contain triggers for people being investigated or treated for ill health. Please proceed with caution if that may be you.

-X

Ty came in from his run to find Tony, who had not very politely insisted that Ty proceed without him this morning, now awake and in the bathroom.

He sidled up behind Tony who was cleaning his shaver in the sink, having just completed what he called his rough shave.

The character that Tony played in the show had the scruffy look, so it had been quite some time since Ty had seen Tony clean shaven. Probably his guest spot at Engagement Las Vegas. Tony usually only shaved for special occasions.

"Are we awake now, Mr Grumpy in the mornings?" Ty asked as he rubbed his own scruff on Tony's shoulder.

Tony rinsed bristles down the sink, an amused smile on his face. "Give a man time to get a coffee," he mumbled.

"Well I wanted to talk to you. Hey, what's this," Ty asked suddenly distracted.

"What?"

"This bruise on the back of your arm?" Ty gently brushed his fingers over the dark mark above Tony's elbow.

Tony just shrugged, "Just me being clumsy, I guess."

"You've been clumsy a lot recently."

"Well I have a physical job, Ty," Tony pointed out. As if Ty didn't know very well. He turned, "What did you want to talk about?"

But Ty was distracted again. Having belatedly registered the fact that Tony was very, very naked.

"Hmmmm? Oh, later. It can wait," Ty muttered and sank to his knees.

"Ty, God sake. I want coffohholyshit!" Tony's knees nearly buckled as Ty swallowed him deep. He grabbed the sink edge for support.

"Whoa."

Ty pulled slowly back, sucking hard all the way, Tony's cock falling from his mouth with a little popping sound. "Did you wish to make a request?"

Tony waved vaguely at the bedroom, quickly grabbing the sink again as the soft little kisses Ty was placing on his cock head were making his legs shake.

Ty shook his head at the mute suggestion. "Nah, I'm rank. Need a shower. I'll just wake you up a bit." He suctioned Tony back in, his tongue swirling and pressing. Just a hint of teeth, because it was fun when Tony got nervous.

"Fuck. Ty." Tony wanted to slide his fingers into Ty's hair, but all his energy had drained into his dick and he didn't want to fall. Bathrooms are dangerous places. He just gripped the sink and let Ty worship his cock.

Sometimes Ty liked to let Tony deepthroat and choke him, but he wasn't in the mood today so although he swallowed deep, it was a brief caress and mixed with licks, kisses and nibbles.

He heard Tony's breath start to catch and knew he was getting close.

"Ty. Ty, I'm."

"Uh, hmmm," Ty mumbled with his mouth full. Sucking hard as Tony flooded into his mouth. Continuing to suck and massage with his tongue until Tony let out a high pitched giggle.

"Ahh, Shit, Ty. Please."

Ty let Tony's oversensitive cock fall from his mouth and kissed his quivering thighs before he stood and taking Tony's face in his hands, kissed him deep.

"You taste good, Baby."

Tony rubbed his cheek against Ty's for a moment, his eyes still closed. Then he pulled back and looked at Ty lovingly. "You're not wrong about needing that shower."

Ty burst out laughing, unoffended. He was hardly going to be sweet-smelling after a five mile run.

"Put the coffee on then. I won't be long." He turned to watch Tony walk into the bedroom, Tony's naked ass from behind was one of his favourite views, then stepped into the shower. Soaping himself thoroughly and making do with a quick jerk off. He wanted coffee too.

Less than ten minutes later, hair still dripping onto his shoulders (he had just dragged sweatpants on for now), he sipped gratefully and eyed Tony who was spreading jelly on toast.

"Thanks," he said as Tony passed some toast over, before sitting with his own.

They munched contentedly for a while. Sipping coffee. Tony flicking through the paper that Ty had picked up for him and stealing glances at Ty's damp, bare chest.

Ty making notes on a pad and getting his thoughts in order for the day. While enjoying the way the sun came through the window and picked up some red in Tony's thick, dark blonde hair.

They had settled well into this amazing apartment. Cal and Frank were charging them the same rent they had been paying in Brooklyn, which was ridiculous given they were now in the heart of the theater district.

They were saving a fortune on travel, being able to walk most places. And Ty hadn't got bogged down, living above where he worked (the club was in the basement). As he spent plenty of time every day out at the gym, or dance class. And also around the city watching other people's performances, for inspiration, and looking for talent.

Tony was now into his second year at Empty Nights, which was still sold out most nights. No empty seats at Empty Nights, being the popular refrain.

Most of the cast had stayed put. Even Isabel staying for a second year, which was unusual given she was in such high demand. "I'm having too much fun," she had told Ty. "I don't want to go yet."

Still, there had been a few new cast members, which was extra rehearsal for the whole cast and longer days. Ty leaned his chin in his hand and studied Tony critically. He did look a bit tired.

Tony finished with his paper and looked up, finding Ty observing him intently.

"Problem?" he asked.

"Have you dropped some weight?" Ty asked, getting back to the question he had intended to ask earlier.

"Oh, well, yea. A bit," Tony admitted, avoiding Ty's eyes. "It's been busy you know. With the changes at work."

"How much have you lost?"

Tony winced. "About 5lbs."

"About?"

"Okay. 5lbs," he admitted.

Ty frowned. It wasn't a lot in itself. But for a dancer who was already honed down to his heathy limit it was quite a lot.

A lot of dancers were technically underweight, but Tony and Ty both had athletic builds so couldn't get away with that, and Ty didn't approve anyway. Tony was naturally smaller and more slender, but even so.

"You never did go back for that check up with Dr Miles did you?"

Tony had seen the doctor some time previously and had been told to make an appointment in six months for a follow up, but things had been so much better by then he hadn't bothered.

"No, I've been thinking I should. I just keep forgetting."

Ty thought. The follow up would be about four months overdue now. "Give me your phone."

Tony handed it over and Ty efficiently went through Tony's security questions, then into the his email for the link. Inputting all of Tony's personal details he highlighted an appointment on the upcoming Thursday. Tony had no show that day, but Ty was busy. He picked the Friday instead.

"Friday, 11am. I'll come with you and we can go to the zoo afterwards." Ty sneakily disguised his desire to go with Tony as a trip out.

"If he does another prostate exam, you're buying me ice cream at the zoo."

Ty huffed out a laugh as he handed Tony his phone back. "It's a deal."

-X

The following afternoon Ty had just finished rehearsing a new routine with some of the dancers down in the club.

He glugged some water and made some notes, pleased with how well it was going.

Suddenly a small, curvy body pressed against his back and arms wrapped around him. He turned quickly with surprised pleasure and hugged Polly close.

"Hey, Polls. What are you doing here?"

"Needed a Ty fix," she said hugging him back.

Polly was one of his closest friends, really more like a sister, but he had only seen her yesterday when he was at the theater. He pulled back and tipped her chin up.

"Everything okay? You need me to beat someone up for you?"

Polly laughed, "I haven't got man trouble." But then she sobered. "Ty, can I talk to you?"

"Sure, you wanna come upstairs?"

"Is Tony home?"

Ty glanced at his watch. "He should be."

"Can we go somewhere else?"

Puzzled, Ty agreed and they walked a few blocks to a café that specialized in tea.

Polly sat in a quiet corner with her Earl Grey, which Ty had previously tried and thought both tasted and smelled like cat pee.

He sipped his coffee while Polly explained that she was worried about Tony. He didn't seem himself and didn't have his usual energy. Sometimes struggling on a matinee day.

"He's fine on stage," she said. "Amazing as always, but there's nothing left over. He walks offstage like a zombie. Like he's completely exhausted. Occasionally he doesn't bother showering before he leaves, and that's really unlike him. I think he's lost some weight."

She paused as Ty nodded. "He has. We were just discussing that this morning. He's dropped 5lbs."

Polly's eyes widened, then she leant forward. "A couple of nights ago he stumbled slightly when he had me in a lift. I thought he was going to drop me, it scared the shit out of me and he was so upset afterwards. And did you know he's taken to napping in between shows on matinee days?"

"Napping!" Ty was shocked.

She nodded. "I've started checking, to make sure he's awake in time. A couple of times I've had to wake him and he's been really groggy."

Ty sat for a few moments as Polly waited patiently, knowing he was thinking things through.

He realized, as the slight discomfort that had pushed him to book an appointment he could attend upgraded itself to concern, that things had slipped a bit recently.

A few dance classes missed. Tony grabbing take-out more often when it was his turn to cook. Skipping the gym, or not wanting to get up for a run.

Ty hadn't really clocked it, he was busy himself, but thinking back there was a definite change over the last couple of months.

"I booked him a follow up with the doctor he saw last year. I'll go with him. I'll make sure the doctor is aware of everything you've just told me."

"I don't like sneaking around behind his back, but I'm worried and Tony mostly just brushes it off."

Ty kissed her cheek. "It's fine. Thanks for telling me, Polly. I'll get it checked out I promise."

-X

Early afternoon on Friday, Ty walked over to the bench where Tony was sat scowling and handed him melty mint choc chip ice cream.

He sat down as well and licked at his strawberry. Trying to ignore both how the sight of Tony's tongue licking through the ice cream was turning him on. And that Tony was still in a strop, and it might take more than ice cream.

Tony had not been pleased when Ty had asked for a moment with the doctor and had promptly given him a rundown of the things he was concerned about.

He hadn't been pleased that Polly had squealed on him.

Even Ty had to admit that the doctor had clearly not had any intention of doing anything more than chat before Ty had shared his concerns. Then the gloves had come out.

He finished his ice cream and turned to look at Tony, who was steadfastly ignoring him. Looking towards the sea lion enclosure where someone was loudly demanding fish. Like, right the hell now.

"I love you," he said.

Tony didn't move. Just pursed him lips.

"So much."

Tony sighed.

"Even more than skinny, triple hazelnut syrup, dairy free, decaff, double shot latte with whipped cream on top, but only one squirt."

Tony cracked up at such a ridiculous idea. "Idiot. And you mostly drink it black." He sighed again as Ty slipped across the bench and lay his head on his shoulder. "I'm fine, Ty. It's just been busy at work."

"Can we please be sure of that. Like 100%. Because I love you."

Tony tipped his head to rest on Ty's, and he knew he was forgiven. He took a few moments and then sat back up, holding his hand out to Tony.

"Let's go and see the snow leopards again before you have to go to work."

The weekend passed quickly and Ty was rehearsing again in the club on Tuesday when Tony appeared.

He heard Frank call out, "Hello, handsome." And turned to see him pulling Tony down for a cheek kiss.

"Hi Frank."

"You come to watch the rehearsal?"

"Actually, I need a quick word with Ty."

"What's up?" Ty wandered over and gave Tony a smacking kiss. Mostly to make Frank laugh, although Tony had been sleeping when he left this morning, so it was for him as well.

"Are you busy? You are. You're tied up."

Ty noted Tony's agitation, as did Frank who ran a hand down his arm to soothe.

"It's coming together," Ty motioned at the dancers taking a break on the stage. "What's happened?"

"Dr Miles called. He asked if I could go in to the clinic. He asked if you could come as well. But you're busy."

"Did he say why?" Ty asked, concern making his throat tight.

Tony shook his head. "No, but he was pretty insistent."

"Now?" Ty asked, raking his hand through his hair.

Tony nodded.

"It's all good. Fred can carry on rehearsing them," Frank confirmed. "I'll get you a cab."

Ty looked at Frank, who was clearly concerned, and also stubborn.

"Thanks. I'm sorry, Frank."

"It's fine. You go," Frank gave both men a big reassuring smile as they left, but his eyes were dark with worry and he shivered with an uncomfortable premonition as they left to meet the taxi.

-X

Doctor Miles smiled as they entered. "Tony, thanks for coming in. Ty, good to see you." He shook hands with both of them, but instead of guiding them to his desk, he ushered them towards a small group of comfy seats by the window. New York going about its business far below and Central Park like a green oasis.

"Take a seat. I have some answers about why you've been getting more tried, not less and the bruising." He sat with them, almost knee to knee. Tony's heart started to race. "Tony, I find it's best just to come straight out with these things."

"Am I sick?" he reached out blindly for Ty on his left and felt his hand gripped.

Dr Miles took his right hand and fisted it tight in both of his. "You have leukaemia."

Dr Miles and Ty kept his hands tight in theirs as he crumpled forwards with a whoosh of air. He felt like he had been punched in the stomach. "Oh. Oh shit."

His gut cramped in panic and he couldn't get air in. "I'm gonna be sick."

"Here." Pushing Tony's shaking body into Ty's arms, Dr Miles poured a glass of iced water and held it to Tony's lips. "Just sip. Small sips. That's it. Few deep breaths, you're doing great. That's it."

Gradually Tony came back to himself a bit. Ty's hard body holding him close. His arms tight around him. Dr Miles rubbing his wrist and offering the water again. He took it this time, in shaking hands, and drank some more.

"Sorry. I'm sorry."

"Nothing to apologize for. It's a hell of a shock."

"Am I going to die?" Tony seemed to have lost control of his own voice. He felt Ty jerk at his whispered question.

Dr Miles took his hand again and looked intently into his eyes. "We are going to do our very best to make sure that doesn't happen. That we includes me and your medical team. It also includes Ty, and you, and all of your friends and family. Okay?"

Tony nodded mutely.

Dr Miles' gazed moved to Ty, "You okay there, Ty?"

"Not really."

Tony heard the tremor in Ty's voice and with a faint sound, that was really just fear, he wriggled around to hug him. They wrapped around each other and clung. Neither man spoke. Not a word. Just held each other and breathed, both trembling.

Tony had no sensation of time passing, but it was ten minutes later that Dr Miles came back in and cleared his throat. "Sorry guys. I'm sorry, but we have to move it along," he said. Not without sympathy.

Tony mumbled some sort of apology and manoeuvred back to his own seat, his hand still clasped in Ty's.

"I'm not rushing you out of my office, Tony. But there's some things we need to get moving on." He leaned forward, his face serious, but calm. His manner reassuring.

"I'm going to give you the basics today. Just the bullet points. There's no point going into too much detail because you won't remember it."

Ty pressed Tony's hand to his own thigh and took out his phone.

"Who are you texting?" Tony asked him.

"No one. I'm taking notes."

"That's a great idea, Ty. And you're welcome to record our conversations rather than try and type and listen, but for today you don't need it. This is really basic, and here," he held up some papers. "Everything I'm going to say is already here. You don't need to take notes today. We'll meet in a few days."

"Okay, thanks." Ty said, and dropped his phone, taking Tony's hand back in his. They both looked to Dr Miles, who looked back with sympathy at their terrified expressions.

"Okay. The hardest bit first. At the current time there is no cure for leukaemia."

Tony pressed his lips together, anything to stop from breaking down completely. He felt Ty's hand clench on his, but then Ty's lifted his hand and brushed his lips to his knuckles.

"In case you are unsure. Leukaemia is a type of cancer, a cancer of the blood, but there are lots of different types. We need to do more investigations, but so far your test results suggest that you may have a certain type of leukaemia known as HCL. If that's the case, it's positive news. But it's rare. Very rare and even more so in a man of your age."

He paused briefly, but no one interrupted him. "I'm not going into more detail on possible diagnosis or outcomes now. There's no point until we know what we are dealing with. I appreciate I'm asking you to trust me. I'm asking a lot. I don't want either of you googling this. Not before we've met again and have some answers."

They both nodded.

"Not good enough," Dr Miles said sternly. "Tony, I want your word you won't go looking for information. Promise me."

Tony took a breath. "I promise," he said shakily. "I'd really rather get my information from you."

"Good man. Ty?"

Ty wanted to shrink into the chair as the sharp blue eyes lasered in on him. "Okay."

"Your word."

"Fine, I promise. My word. But we're meeting soon?" Ty demanded.

Dr Miles nodded. "Okay. Thank you. You've heard of MSK?"

They both nodded.

"Good. There's a cab waiting downstairs for you. You are going over there now to meet my colleague Dr Rodriguez-Pedersen. She and her team are going to run some more tests. The most important is a bone marrow test. She'll explain everything to you in full. It's not very pleasant, but it won't be painful. It may be a little uncomfortable. You have a question?" He looked at Ty.

"Is that from the spine?" Ty asked slightly breathlessly.

"No. No it will be taken from Tony's hip." He saw Tony frowning. "Tony?"

"I have to go to work. We have a show tonight," Tony's voice faded as Ty mumbled, "Tony."

Dr Miles placed a comforting hand on Tony's arm. "Tony. You're not working tonight. In fact, considering the nature of your job, you need to tell them not to expect you back before Saturday." He thought, "Wait, is there a matinee?" Ty nodded.

"Saturday evening. If the soreness has worn off. Not before."

This seemed to be too much for Tony who just covered his face, dragging in deep breaths.

"Baby," Ty moved and crouched in front of him, rubbing his thigh.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"No I'm sorry, Tony. I wish I could give you time to adjust, but right now I need information so I have to push you." Dr Miles shared a sorrowful look with Ty.

"Tony," Ty said softly. "All you need to do right now, is come downstairs with me and get in a cab. That's all. Can you do that?"

"But, I need to call in, and what if.."

Ty shook his head. "No. Downstairs and cab. Let's break it down into small chunks, okay? I'll text Polly she'll deal with the show."