Broadway Betrayal

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In fact.

Tony waited until they were a little closer, then put his fingers in his mouth and whistled.

Sneaky's head came up, then with a loud, low, bark of delight she sprang for him, sending Frank on to his ass.

Tony crouched and found his arms full of excited dog. "Hey girl, hey Sneaky, how ya doing?" She squiggled and lapped at his face.

Ty had his hands on his knees, bent over just laughing as Frank climbed to his feet.

"That was mean," he said as he approached, the other two queens sniggering at him.

"Sorry, couldn't resist."

-X

The week flew. Because of course, the more you feared something the faster it came at you.

Ty and Tony stood and took simple vows on Friday morning, in a tiny room, hardly bigger than an office.

Tony's parents, Ty's grandparents and Polly were there, as well as Frank and Cal.

Tony knew he had done the right thing when Ty's shoulders relaxed from somewhere around his ears the minute they had all signed and witnessed everything and the officiant (who knew the score), said "Congratulations. Ty, you are now legally Tony's next of kin."

They hugged, then kissed because Frank and Polly both insisted on documenting the moment. Then the officiant shook Tony's hand and wished him luck.

They all went for lunch. A quiet, fear filled, celebration. A strange combination of love, hope and terror.

Ty's grandparents had both hugged Ty and Tony, and promised they would come back if needed. Ty had told them not to stay in New York for weeks of treatment. Then Cal escorted them to the airport, while Frank and Ty headed into the club.

Tony and Polly went to work, trailing his parents behind them like a comet.

Friday night, not long after Tony had got home. Finding a meal prepared for him and his parents. Ty and Frank appeared.

With them was a gentleman who Frank introduced as his good friend, HJ.

He shook Tony's hand firmly, refused a drink, saying he didn't want to intrude too long, and then accepted both a drink and a helping of Ty's lasagne.

"Can't resist, it smells amazing," he admitted, before handing Tony some flowers. "I brought you these," he said. Then he pulled out a bag of chocolate. The same chocolate that Ty had been buying for Tony on the day the store got held up.

"And these," he grinned, as Tony sat up and licked his lips seeing his favorite chocolate. "And some advice," he finished.

"Thanks," Tony took the chocolate. "What advice."

"Smell the flowers and enjoy the chocolate now, because your sense of taste and smell is about to go down the crapper."

"Really?"

"Most likely," HJ said wisely, but then sniffed the plate Gabi set before him and took a blissful bite. Closing his eyes and sighing happily. "But it will come back."

He took another bite and chewed. "I decided you deserved a treat before you start."

Tony took some chocolate and then generously offered it around. "Thank you, that's very kind."

"You need someone to talk to. Yell at. Ask questions. Something you don't want to say to Ty. Call me."

"Thank you," Tony said again, pausing when HJ took his wrist.

"I mean it."

"Thank you, HJ."

"Frank tells me you are doing a blog to raise money for Dr Yan's research."

"Yea, well not a load of money. It's partly a way for people to keep up to date, and partly so people who miss me in the show and see what's happening. I mean, the show is sold out. Some people get mad when they can't see the right cast."

HJ's snort showed what he thought of that.

Tony grinned, "Yea, well. It's donation to view, but the donation is anything over 50 cents. I guess it'll add up over six months. Everything helps, right?"

"It's a good idea. Brave of you."

Tony just shrugged, embarrassed.

"Tony's helping with Dr Yan's research directly as well," Ty told HJ. "He had a load of blood tests and investigations just over eight months ago. Including things like exercise tolerance and fitness from his work. Everything was fine then."

HJ looked up sharply, "They didn't miss it?"

"No," Tony reassured him. "There was nothing there."

"The lab that Tony's GP used still had some samples. They were behind with their disposal. So those tests from before. Dr Yan is using them to compare with recent bloods in the hope that they can find a breakthrough."

"See if they can develop an earlier test," HJ said understanding.

"She's really excited," Tony said of Dr Yan.

"I'm not surprised. That's an interesting opportunity. She'll be looking at patient's like me as well. Trying to find a way to detect a recurrence as early as possible."

"Does it worry you?" Tony asked, then blushed. "Sorry, that's a thoughtless question."

"No it's fine. Thank you," he said to Ty, having finished the lasagne. "Sometimes it does. If I'm a bit under the weather I start to wonder. But mostly, I figure I'll deal when it happens."

"That's very wise."

"Oh I'm very wise, young padawan," HJ acknowledged, making everyone laugh.

-X

Sunday passed in a blur, and suddenly Tony found himself in the second curtain call of the day. Polly clinging to him crying, and Randall calling for the audience's attention.

They had decided to go public with what was happening because Tony felt it would give him more control.

Rather than fending off speculation and rumors. They would be honest with people, tell them what was happening, and direct them to the website and social media platforms for updates.

Tony knew his parents were in the audience, although he couldn't see much from the stage. Ty was standing in the wings, where Tony could see him.

He stood, trying not to join Polly in sobbing, as the auditorium grew quiet and everyone looked to Randall.

"I'm sorry to say that I have some sad news to share with you tonight. We are losing one of our best loved, most talented and respected cast members for the next six months."

A few murmurs started and Tony felt cast members close behind him. A touch on his arm, back or shoulder. Polly just shook, her face drenched with tears.

"We were all devastated to learn that he has been diagnosed with a cancer. And we are all 100% behind him as he starts treatment tomorrow. He has a tough fight ahead, but we know he can do it."

The murmurs became louder and Randall held up a hand again. "You know him as Anthony Thomas-Risio, but to us he's family. He's Tony."

Randall waved the audience down again, "Just a moment, just one moment, please." The short lived sense of movement and whispers ceased. Randall really did have amazing stage presence.

"We will be posting all of the information which you can find links to via the show's website and social media. Tony is going to do a blog with a token fee of fifty cents, but please do be generous, as that blog will be raising money for research into his condition."

He laughed a little at a cheer from the Gods, and finished quickly. "Please do join us sending love and support to the bravest man I know," he lifted his free hand towards Tony, shouting into his microphone, as the entire auditorium rose to their feet and literally roared. "We love you, Tony."

The noise was insane. If Tony had not had his cast mate's hands on his back, he thought the wall of sound would have sent him flying backwards.

Cheers, hollers, whistles and stamping, on top of the clapping. They had enjoyed many standing ovations, but this was something else.

Judging the audience again, Randall lifted the mic and everyone quietened to see what he was going to say next.

"I guess we're not getting a speech out of you," Randall joked, looking at Tony who had tears streaming down his face and was holding Polly, who had climbed him like a tree and wrapped around.

He shook his head, gave Polly a boost and hid his face in her shoulder, creating another wave of applause and more than a few, "Awwwwws."

"That's fine," Randall allowed. "But I thought we had some flowers. Where's the flower boy?"

He looked at Tony, "I'm so sorry, we definitely ordered flowers."

Tony tried to say it was okay, when a voice from the back of the stage, although it also came clearly through the speakers, made his mouth simply fall open.

"Flower delivery coming through. So sorry. Fog at Heathrow. Traffic jam at JFK."

Cast members grinned and slapped Dane on the back as he made his way to the front of the stage. It was the first time Tony had seen him use his normal accent on stage, which was just bizarre.

And what the hell was he doing in New York. He was meant to be on stage in London.

Dane walked next to Randall, gave him a look and then turned to the audience. "What do you think then? Any good?"

Randall cracked up and he audience laughed and cheered.

In fact, MC had arranged Dane's short (he was flying back out tonight), trip to New York because he had been desperate to come and see Tony, but also they knew it would distract the public and press and give Tony some space.

Dane bantered briefly about how much Tony had helped him when he opened the show, which had been his first theater job. And again, sincerely wished him well from all the cast.

Tony still had Polly in his arms, and Dane still had the flowers, so with a grin Dane handed the flowers to Randall, then said, "Here, give me the bird and take your flowers." Before pulling Polly out of Tony's arms.

Tony just about managed to take his flowers, mumble a thank you to the cast and the audience, and be pulled into Randall's arms as finally the curtain came down.

-X

Ty woke suddenly. A little disoriented, he glanced at the clock. 3.15am, of course!

He lay for a few minutes but clearly wasn't going to go straight back to sleep. Anyway, Tony appeared to have disentangled himself and Ty felt like re-tangling.

He rolled over carefully, surprised to see the bed empty. The bathroom door was ajar, but no light.

He eased out of bed and checked in there anyway, before padding into the main room. "Tony?" he called softly.

"Ty!" It was a breathless croak.

Ty ran into the kitchen and found Tony on the floor. He was breathing fast. Gasping air in and out. Shaking like a leaf, and even as Ty pulled him into his arms, he could feel his heart thundering.

"I've got you."

"Can't breathe."

"You are breathing," Ty pulled Tony right into his lap, so their chests were flush. "You're breathing too fast. You're hyperventilating." And Ty had never experienced it before and had no notion of how terrifying it was to witness.

"No."

"Yes, slow it down. You're gonna pass out." Ty hauled him even closer, concentrating everything he had on keeping his own breathing steady. Even though he wanted to panic.

"Feel my breath. Try to match to my breath," he kept Tony pressed against him with his right hand on Tony's lower back. Using his left to run up and down Tony's back. Up when he breathed in, down when he breathed out. "Match my breathing," he said again.

"Can't."

"You can, just take your time."

Ty continued to reassure Tony calmly, until slowly. So slowly, his breathing started to gradually calm. After about fifteen minutes it was slower, but still fractured and shaky. Tony was trembling all over.

Ty turned his head and kissed Tony's neck, "Okay. You're okay now."

"Jesus, I couldn't breathe."

"Don't worry, you're doing fine now. What happened?"

"I came to get some water and it just slammed into me." Tony burrowed against Ty, seeking comfort. "What if something goes wrong?" he asked, his voice almost a whisper.

"What are you worrying about?"

"Anaphylaxis. I might have a cardiac arrest."

"Tony, that's very unlikely."

"But it could happen," Tony said in an even smaller voice.

"And Santa's sleigh could crash land on our cab, and we'll never make it to the hospital," Ty suggested, feeling Tony huff out the tiniest laugh against his skin.

He pulled back a little and looked in Tony's eyes. "It's going to be tough. You know that. But nothing is going to go wrong. And I'm going to be right there."

"Promise?"

Ty gave Tony's bangs a gentle tug, "I promise."

Tony studied him seriously for a moment, then nodded, "Then I can do anything."

"Awwww," Ty grinned and kissed him. "Can you make it back to bed?"

Tony nodded and Ty helped him raise shakily to his feet. Guiding him back to bed and under the covers.

He kissed him and then leaned over the switch the light back off. Blinking in the sudden gloom, he shifted in the bed, laughing a little when Tony's hand bumped his stomach.

"Hold on a sec."

"Ty?" Tony's hand bounced off Ty's thigh that time, he couldn't stop himself from reaching out.

"Hang on, I'm jut getting comfy." Ty lay back, plumped the pillow and then relaxed.

"Okay, come on." Grinning as Tony immediately scooted closer.

Ty pulled Tony in, looped his leg over his own, pulled Tony's arm across his abs and nestled Tony's head on his shoulder. Stroking his skin gently as Tony trembles gradually eased, and his breathing slowed until he was sleeping.

Ty lay wakeful. Guardian of Tony's dreams.

-X

Monday morning, Ty grasped Tony's hand just before he reached for the door. Pulling him in for a kiss, and then just standing, holding both his hands.

"Ready?"

Tony nodded, looking terrified.

"I'm right with you. Let's get this done."

Tony shut his eyes briefly and then nodded again. Looking into Ty's face and seeing love and resolve.

"Let's do this."

-X

The concluding part of this story will be posted promptly.