All Comments on 'Broadway Lust Story'

by emilyagilbert

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To the commenter who made the suggestion, thanks you for doing that. And to emilyagilbert, thank you for the beautifully written story. Your descriptions absolutely set the mode of theatre production. This was a really very well done ***** plus story. MLF

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What happens next?

emilyagilbertemilyagilbertalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Hi Anonymous MLF,

I'll be honest. I have absolutely no idea how long those guys and gals get for rehearsals. (Which is why the story is written in such a way that it could be over 24 hours or over 4 weeks!)

I suspect that when taking into account the rest of people's time, dance class, normal rehearsal, gym time, performance, auditions, sleep, food, and finding a free machine in the laundry, the answer is...there is never enough time.

Which only makes the amazing standard of those routines only more incredible, and that's just the dancers, you can repeat that crazy scheduling for everyone else involved.

I take my hat off to everyone who works so hard for such a good cause.

(Yes, I know it's Broadway Bares, I should take everything off, but trust me. You wouldn't like it.)

I'm very excited about BB being back on stage next week. I was gobsmacked to see rehearsal footage of dancers rehearsing in masks. It's crazy. Not that they are doing that, because it's about safety, but crazy that they are able to do that and stay standing. I'm claustrophobic and struggle to tolerate masks, having passed out a couple of times, so I'm just in awe of their dedication.

Hopefully everyone will have an amazing show and stay safe. xxxx

If anyone happens to read this, who knows someone taking part, or involved, please pass that on. Along with a big hug, and arse pat if you know them well enough (or just think they're cute).

"Emily told me to!" ^_*

In regards to the story, I'm glad you enjoy Tony and Ty's little tussles. Ty is a naughty boy!

MLF thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

All the best, EmAG

emilyagilbertemilyagilbertalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Hey Anonymous what happens next?

Use your imagination, what do you think happens next?

Honestly, if you can’t figure that out, you’re probably not old enough to be on this site in the first place. Go away and come back in ten years!

But really, it’s up to the reader. I feel I’ve had enough input by this point, and this is a very open story. Other than Ty’s dark eyes, there are no physical descriptions, no limit on what the reader can see in their head.

Maybe Tony gets his BJ? Maybe they just kiss, or maybe they get the driver to take the long route and screw like rabbits in the car.

Who knows?

The only limit is your imagination.

Thanks for commenting

Also – I had an email but decided to also answer here, in case anyone is thinking along the same lines.

To clarify - No, Tony is not based on a real person.

And the only reason he is called Tony, is because one day he’s going to win one. All my characters are amazing, I like them to achieve big!

EmAG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I agree with MLF. It's a short story but you have captured the unglamorous hard work of the life of a dancer, and the camaraderie and trust that is needed. I enjoyed the humor and acceptance between the characters.

I went over to the other story mentioned and enjoyed it immensely. The characters are fabulous but I think I will take your advice and read the rest in order.

I'm assuming Emily Gilbert is a pen name and I am suspicious about the Emily as you seem to have too good an insight into gay male characters?

I found the comments on your chapter 8 very interesting. Especially the mention of your favorite Broadway Bares routine (why?) and the 'bossy supervisor' (did you know about him very sad?)

Are you planning on writing anymore Tony and Ty? I would look forward to reading more.

OnTour22.

emilyagilbertemilyagilbertalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Hi Anonymous OnTour22

So, adding to the delay for the moderator and the time zones, I also had to think whether I was going to reply in full to your comment or not. It’s quite a complicated one.

However, I decided I will, so let’s do one thing at a time.

Thank you for commenting, I’m glad you enjoyed the story and have discovered more, I hope that you enjoy them just as much.

OnTour22? It sounds as if maybe you are in the business and busy, busy. If that’s the case, have fun and stay safe.

CORRECT, Emily Gilbert is a pen name. INCORRECT, your clear suspicion that I am a bloke is wrong! I am not, nor have ever (in this lifetime anyway), been a man.

The fact is kinky straight women and kinky gay men are pretty much gonna like the same stuff.

But you will find if you do go ahead and read the manor stories, that there is a hefty dose of fantasy. I don’t think poor Alex would actually be able to sit at his desk after an average weekend at the manor!

Maybe he has a standing desk?

Am I going to write more Tony and Ty? Hmmm, well I didn’t plan to, but they are kinda cute. Maybe I will. But if I do you can expect more sweat and blisters.

Why is Ground Crew my favourite Broadway Bares routine? (so far!)

Huh, well I actually adore many of the routines, and there is such huge variety, but we are after all, talking about a strip show.

All in good fun and tongue in cheek, but ultimately, it’s a strip show.

(Please note I said tongue in cheek and not tongue in cheeks, coz those are two very different things and the later would be a completely different show, and quite frankly pornographic!)

As I previously said, I love the voice over guy, but it’s back to basics bump and grind, and just classic because of that. So for me it just nudges ahead of the sweet, funny, dramatic, adorable, etc (so much to chose from) variety of other routines.

But never say never. Maybe this year something will bump and grind it off the top slot.

So, here it gets complicated. You made a strange comment about the bossy supervisor (B.S.), which freaked me out, so I went and did some cyber-stalking (discovered a new skill, who knew it was so easy!).

I was a little uncomfortable if I’m honest, and unsure whether it was genuine concern and sadness from you, or an excuse to gossip. So I had to think about whether to reply. I decided in the end (and because I like to think the best of people), to assume the genuine concern, and therefore answer. Hopefully you understand my caution and won’t be offended by it.

We’re going to stick with B.S. here as well, (which has the side benefit of amusing me).

First of all, thank you for not naming names. That really would not be appropriate without someone’s knowledge and permission, especially on a site that could cause offense to people that don’t have our dirty minds. This is also why I’m sticking with B.S.

I wouldn’t actually describe what I discovered you were talking about as sad. I would describe a professional dancer losing the ability to perform as a consequence of, what in the UK is known as long-COVID, as absolutely fucking devastating. I can’t even imagine.

After my nosy nose about, I would say I am 50% heartbroken for him, and 50% awe-inspired by such courage and determination. Not only starting again but simply soaring. B.S. is clearly an individual who has not one, but two amazing talents and has not wasted either of them.

I doubt any of it is a surprise to anyone who knows him. As anyone who has a successful career in that field, over what? two decades, has to have certain qualities. Guts, resolve, fearlessness, the ability to work their ass off, the inability to know when to quit, a large serving of pure stubborn bloody-mindedness (positive quality, it’s a positive quality), and on top of all that, to be a nice person or no one would want to work with you.

My nosy nose about also suggested that your Mr B.S. is likely in my neck of the woods at the moment. Seriously, I just want to track him down and give him a massive hug so I can tell him what an amazing and inspiring individual he is.

I won’t though, coz that can only end one of two ways. Fear and panic, “Why is this crazy middle-aged woman accosting me, am I being robbed?” Or arrest, “Why don’t we take this down the station, have a nice cup of tea and see if we can sort it out?”

Actually, that probably just proves that I’ve never been arrested! Ha!

I have received emails from people who have complained that as they seem to be set now, COVID needs to feature in my stories to make them more realistic. Funnily enough those suggestions never seem to turn up in the comments. Tips on HOW to write are normally sent privately (to me anyway!).

Here’s the thing. It sucks and I will never allow it into my stories because they are fantasy, and a safe and fun place. No. Just no.

However, as we are on the subject, I’m going to share my opinion – talking to everyone now. Much as we would like to pretend COVID is over, it’s not and never will be. Sorry to be a party pooper.

As proven by the experience that OnTour22 highlighted to me. There is no way to know who is vulnerable or why. You can have athletic levels of fitness and still be hit by a juggernaut of life changing impact.

Yes, everyone needs get back to as normal a life as possible, but for some people it will be a new normal, maybe a little different to the previous normal.

I personally have experienced numerous times quite aggressive insistence that I should throw caution completely to the wind and go back to living my life exactly as I did before.

I’m actually not a fan of confrontation (I know, I know, but my stories are make-believe, that’s completely different), and I prefer to avoid these conversations, because for me, I’m still figuring out what my new normal will be. I care for a very vulnerable person, the consequences of COVID entering my household would likely be fatal. So I will take all the time I need to find a new balance and my new normal.

Please, do try to have respect for other peoples choices, even if you don’t fully agree.

Back to you OnTour22 and B.S. I think a Broadway Bares cameo is needed. One day, fingers crossed, because I happen to know that Broadway audiences are not only very knowledgeable, but also extremely supportive. A lovely, soft, slow, sweet, sexy number with flowers. Embrace both careers. (I’m serious, I can see it my head. It’s as hot as hell actually). I suppose the most important question would be, how to maintain one’s dignity at the end? Hydrangea or Forget-me-not? ^_*

Stay safe, EmAG.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yes more ty and Tony please

Txs

emilyagilbertemilyagilbertalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Hey you, how ya doing?

You found me over here!

Okay, okay, I'm thinking on Tony & Ty. It seems maybe they do have more going on.

Watch this space.

Thanks for getting in touch, EmAG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hidden in a closet having one of the hotest sexual experiences of his life. Great line.

emilyagilbertemilyagilbertalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Hi Anonymous Hidden,

HA!

Slap my wrist, I couldn't resist!

EmAG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really loved this and was already a huge b.bares fan from the very start. I am asking what other routines you have enjoyed. Email would not work.

emilyagilbertemilyagilbertalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Hello Anonymous email not working.

WOW you've been watching Broadway Bares since the start? That's over 30 years (I was just a baby!, okay - maybe not).

I don't think there has ever been a routine that I haven't enjoyed, but other than my 'top' GC.

I find that Fine Arts Class always makes me smile, and it has a wonderful body positive message.

Also Psych Class, same year, always makes me laugh out loud, how many things are THAT sexy and THAT funny? (Although I do feel bad for a few of those doggies who have really weedy tails. So sad.)

I'm sure I have many more still to discover.

Thanks for making contact, EmAG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So much fun

emilyagilbertemilyagilbertalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Hi Anonymous fun,

Thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoyed.

EmAG

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OMG I LOVE these two. Just too cute. And there's more. I can't wait.

emilyagilbertemilyagilbertover 1 year agoAuthor

Hello Anonymous OMG

Yep, there's more cumming.

Literally.

EmAG

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useremilyagilbert@emilyagilbert
Emily Ada Gilbert. I'll share with you one of my favorite quotes. 'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain' Author unknown Thank you to GayKat for advising me that this amazing quote is by Vivian Greene