Broken Boy - Prologue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Is this heaven? I asked myself. I looked at my body, and I was dressed in some white clothing.

I slowly got up. I took a few slow steps. I didn't feel anything. There was no air, but I could still breathe.

"Shae?" a familiar voice called out.

I startled.

"Is there anyone?" I said out loud.

"Shae?" it sounded again.

The voice was a bit feminine. It sounded like my mother.

"Mom?"

"Shae?"

"Mom, where are you?" I started to look around, but I didn't see anyone.

I wanted to see my mom, but she was nowhere to be found.

"Shae?"

I felt some pressure on my chest.

I took off my clothes to see what it was. Surprisingly, I had no bruises and my brand. I was completely naked.

I felt the pressure on my chest again. And then again. It happened several times in a row.

"Shae?"

Again, the voice was not the same as before, and other voices started whispering my name.

Suddenly, my vision narrowed. The white began to change into some kind of image. It was more colorful and more colorful.

It was like I was lying somewhere and there were two figures above me. My vision improved and after a few seconds I could see clearly.

I couldn't believe it.

I was alive and overheard Mr. Sheldon was standing on my right side and a nurse on my left side.

They both had tears on their faces and were smiling at me. A little sad and a little happy.

"Oh my God. We DID IT!". Mr. Sheldon shouted.

"Welcome back." said the nurse.

"We had to give you CPR." said the doctor.

"What happened?" I asked very quietly.

I couldn't much speak. My throat hurt terribly.

I remembered how my dad wanted to kill me. I slowly turned my head towards the window and looked at the ground.

He was lying on the ground. He was dead. There was blood around him.

Am I finally free? Am I finally safe? I asked myself.

I didn't care now. I was weak and tired. I fell asleep and hoped that I didn't have to worry about anything anymore.

***

When I woke up again, I found that I was in another room. The window was on my left this time. It was still a little visible outside.

I was still a little tired and weak.

I just stared into space for a few minutes. I started replaying in my head what had happened.

My mom died. I had to live with my father. My father beat me and tortured me. Thinking about it brought tears to my eyes again.

My math teacher found out what was happening to me and helped me. She actually saved me. Then Dr. Mr. Sheldon treated me and is trying to improve my health.

Then the policeman who asked me several questions and told him what all happened to me. Did he kill my father? Probably yes.

Then Mr. Sheldon and the young nurse again. They had to give me CPR or I really would have died.

Mrs. Sheldon came to mind again. Where is she actually? I owe her the most. She was there for me almost the entire time before she had to leave.

I didn't know what to do with it all.

I realized that I don't really have any parents. Oh my God. Where will I live when they let me out of here? I do not have anyone. My grandparents died before I was born. They had a car accident. I had no siblings. No aunts or uncles with cousins. I was alone.

I started to cry softly again and sob slowly. Oh, god, what am i going to do? Most likely I will end up somewhere in a children's home or with some foster parents. I wish I had never been born. I wouldn't have to go through any of that.

I turned my head towards the window, closed my eyes and cried silently.

After a few minutes, the door opened. Someone walked in. I turned to see who it was. It was Mr. and Mrs. Sheldon. Mrs. Sheldon was crying and when she saw that I was crying too, and I was looking at her, she immediately went to me.

She sat on the bed on my left and Mr. Sheldon on the right. I also sat up a little, and she immediately grabbed me and hugged me tightly. It hurt a little. I was still injured.

"Michael told me everything that happened while I was gone. I can't believe you could be already dead. I'm glad the cop came at the last minute." she said while sobbing.

I sobbed too. What she told me reminded me of my father's face again. He had a cold expression, death in his eyes, and his hands gripped my neck. I started shaking.

Mrs. Sheldon took my head and placed it on her chest, gently stroking my hair.

"Bastard. How can he beat and torture his own son? And then try to kill him painfully? Don't worry Shae. You are safe now, nothing will happen to you. It's over."

"NOOOOO!" I screamed.

Both of them were startled and jumped a little.

"What happened?" asked Mr. Sheldon.

"I... I'm alone. I have nowhere to be, nowhere to live. I don't have any parents. I have nothing at all. What will happen to me now?" I started to cry and sob uncontrollably again, but Mrs. Sheldon hugged me even more and tried to calm me down.

"But you have us now." said Mrs. Sheldon.

I raised my head and looked into her eyes. She smiled a little. Tears were still streaming down her cheeks.

"You can live with us." Mr. Sheldon said and smiled too.

I didn't know what to do. Could I live with them? But I only know them very briefly, and I know nothing about them at all. But they both saved my life. Could they protect me? Would I finally be safe with them?

"Do you mean it?" I asked with a sad smile.

"Of course. You need help Shae. You will be better at our house. Michael will still heal you when it is needed." said Mrs. Sheldon.

"We want to help you, Shae. With us, you won't have to worry about anything. We are kind and good people and when we see someone suffering, we help them." said Mr. Sheldon for both of them.

"I... I don't know what to say." I answered.

There was silence for a moment. No one said anything. I noticed that Mrs. Sheldon was thinking about something, and after a few minutes she came out with the truth.

"Listen..." there was a long pause. "Shae? I am also sick and cannot have children. And Michael and I were thinking about maybe... adopting you."

My eyes widened. What did she just say? Would they like to adopt me? I could not believe it. It was really a lot for me in those few days.

But on the other hand, I wanted all of this to end. I wanted to have a family, to have a mom and dad who would love me and protect me. So, this time I came out with the truth.

"I just want this to end. I would like to have a family, mom, and dad." I told them.

I thought for a moment, but then I looked at Mr. Sheldon and back at Mrs. Sheldon.

"So yes. I will be very happy to be with you." I finally said, and we all had big smiles on our faces.

Mr. Sheldon came in for a hug too. The three of us were as one.

I was finally happy. Everything went well. I will have a place to live. I will have a new mom and a new dad. It was finally over and I felt safe.

**********************************************************************************************************

So, this is the end of the prologue, dear readers. I admit that I really empathized with Shae while writing and often cried, so it's really emotional for me.

I hope you enjoyed the prologue and will want to keep reading. And please don't hesitate to leave comments.