But I'm Innocent

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He looked doubtful. "Look, don't believe me. After all I am just the poor sap who married the wrong woman. Ask your wife and daughter but not while they are standing together or can get together to get their stories straight. Then ask me again to forgive and forget and I might actually consider it."

"But what about your child?"

"If the DNA test says it is my daughter then I will support her and ask for visitation so that she will know me. That's the best it gets."

"What if Lacie goes to jail?"

"If that happens I will go to court to become the primary custodial parent. Lacie will get visitation rights, I would never deny her access to her child. The baby will move with me."

He tried once more. "Why can't you forgive her and be her husband again?"

"Okay, one more time. I have explained this until I am blue in the face but maybe you didn't get the memo. I am tired of being the third wheel here." He looked at me like I had two heads.

"Lacie and Brenda have been lovers since high school. They love each other. Lacie only married me to get the children she wants. Brenda didn't like that. Lacie then kept making love with Brenda at least once a week until that fateful weekend. Her plan was to inform me that she was moving Brenda into our house and into our bed where she could make love to her anytime she wanted instead of once a week. I wasn't going to have any say in the matter. Thus I was the third wheel. I may have a marriage license stating I am first chair but the reality says different. I am not standing in their way. With this baby and Brenda's twins they will have a full house and each other exclusively."

"You have to understand that Lacie is not giving up on you and her."

"I don't know why she is still pursuing me when she has everything she wanted in Brenda except a baby. Now she has it. She and Brenda no longer have to hide in the shadows or share with me or anybody else unless they chose to. I would imagine that Maggie and Angel will be regular guests at the house. Quite a houseful if you ask me."

"She may follow you."

The opening I was looking for. "You know, someone has to show some sense here. You are probably the one to do so. I am afraid for my life because of the actions of these women and their men friends. Since I am afraid I purchased this." I showed him the .45 pistol I was carrying in the small of my back. "You need to tell everyone until they listen. I am not running away. I am moving because of a job. But, and this is the most important part, I am tired of being hounded, harassed and followed. As they said in the old West, if I see anyone on my backtrail I will assume they mean me harm and I will act accordingly. If I am attacked by persons unknown I will assume one of this bunch set them on my trail. I will come back and settle this once and for all. I will end up in jail but I will still be alive. The question is who won't be alive. Tell Lacie to take a plea deal and maybe she will avoid jail and giving up custody."

I kept my gaze on his face so he could see how serious I was talking. "I got my concealed carry permit after I was attacked the second time. I will not end up in the hospital again without someone else joining me. I don't care who backtrails me. I will not be pushed or harassed again. It will be your job to make sure these people understand me. Do you get me?"

I stood up. "You are a good man, George, and you deserve better than you are going to get in the near future except for your new granddaughter. Care for her well as she is going to need you."

I turned and went toward the door. Of course I should have seen her come in. I usually sense her before she gets into my field of vision. I stopped and pulled out the pistol. "Do you understand or do I have to spell it out? I am done except for the possible care for my daughter should the court order me to do so." I put the pistol away. "Your father is going to ask you some questions about you and your mother. Try for once to tell the damned truth. It will set you free even if it causes pain for a while."

She didn't answer and I walked away.

1...456789