Buttercup 02: Changes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Um, excuse me, everyone," I said, getting their attention. "Before we have dessert, I'd like to say something to Candi, if I may?"

"Sure, go ahead, son," Dad said with a knowing smile. I looked at Candi, who seemed a bit confused. Then I pulled the box out of my pocket and got on one knee next to her. I heard my Aunt Pat gasp. I opened the box so Candi could see Grandma Wheeler's ring. When she saw it, her eyes opened wide.

"Candi," I said nervously. "My dad once told me that I would know when I've met the right woman, the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. The truth is, I've loved you all my life and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you, Candi, my Buttercup. Will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive?"

Her face broke out into a wide smile and she threw her arms around me, holding me tight. She covered my face with kisses before saying anything.

"Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times, yes," she said. "I love you too and I promise to be the best wife you could ever want." Everyone watched as I slipped the ring on her finger. I was surprised to see that it fit perfectly. Everyone applauded as she hugged me even tighter. After she broke the hug, I sat back down and saw Uncle Grove wipe his eyes with his napkin. Looking around, I saw a few others dab their eyes as well.

"So, when do you think you might be tying the knot," Uncle Grove asked as we ate dessert.

"If it were up to me, Dad, we'd be married right now," Candi said. "But I think it might be best if we at least get our four-year degree first. Things are pretty hectic with studies and all." He nodded his head in agreement.

"I think that's wise, don't you?" he asked, looking at Dad. Dad nodded his head.

"I think that's very wise," he said. "Plus, it'll give us plenty of time to plan for the wedding." We finished dessert and headed into the front room to watch some football. The women covered the dessert and put it away before joining us.

It was about 5:00 in the afternoon when Uncle Grove got up and motioned for Aunt Pat to join him.

"That was a wonderful dinner, ladies, but unfortunately, I have to report to the tower tomorrow. Planes still have to fly, even on Thanksgiving," he said. We all got up and said our farewells. Mom grabbed some leftovers for them to take home.

He turned to me before he left. I offered my hand, but he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a manly hug, slapping me on the back.

"Tim, I really appreciate you including us in this today," he said. "It means a lot to me. To us," he added, looking at Aunt Pat, who nodded her head. "Please, take care of our Buttercup for us, will you?"

"Of course, Uncle Grove," I said.

"If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to call, okay?" he asked.

"Okay," I said. He turned to Candi and wrapped his arms around her.

"I love you, Candi," he said. "And I'm so happy for the both of you."

"I love you too, Dad," she said. "Thanks for coming." Aunt Pat gave us a tearful hug and a kiss on the cheek. After saying our farewells, we watched them pull out of the driveway and head off for Carlsbad.

My parents came into the front room that night as I prepared the couch for another night's sleep.

"What are you doing down here?" Dad asked.

"Well, Candi's in my room, so I thought I'd sleep here tonight," I said. My parents looked at each other and smiled. Then Dad looked at me.

"Don't you think you should be with your fiance?" he asked.

"You mean..."

"You're both adults, you're engaged to be married. I think that calls for some celebration, don't you? I'm sure Candi would appreciate it." he asked with a knowing smile. "Just do us a favor and keep the noise down a bit, okay? We're not as young as you and we need our sleep," he added. I laughed as I nodded my head. I never knew my parents were this cool about things.

"Okay, Dad," I said. "We'll try." I gathered the blankets and headed upstairs. "Good night."

"Good night, son," he said.

"Our babies have grown up," I heard Mom whisper to Dad as I went upstairs.

"It had to happen someday," he told her. Candi looked at me, surprised, when I opened the bedroom door.

"Do your parents know you're in here with me?" she asked quietly.

"Who do you think sent me up here?" I asked in response.

"Seriously?" she asked. I nodded my head and took her in my arms.

"Seriously. So, soon-to-be Mrs. Tim Wheeler, what do you say we get ready for bed?"

"Mrs. Tim Wheeler," she said, looking at her engagement ring. "I like the sound of that. I really do. Yeah, let's get these clothes off and and go to bed. I really need you right now. I love you so much."

"And I love you more, my precious Buttercup," I said, kissing her face.

And the adventure begins...

* * * * *

More to come...

Note: Future installments of this series may appear in different areas of Literotica... Stay tuned.

12