Caleb 55 - Stolen Baby

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Against their wishes?" he asked.

"If necessary," I said.

He said nothing more, and we began our Healing.

Ninety minutes later, all three of us were sweating and drained.

Jeevan and I had used up almost all our strength, and Vince had suffered.

We'd blocked his pain every time it had occurred, but even so it was not a pleasant experience for him. He was stoic though and suffered each new discomfort without complaint.

"I think that is enough for today," said Jeevan. "Vince, you need to eat, and take the supplements as I told you. Normally it would be dangerous for you to take as much calcium as I have asked, but we need it to be in your body for us to use. It will cause you no harm, I promise you."

Vince nodded.

"Come on," he said. "Let's go and eat."

Melanie held my hand as we walked out to my truck.

"What were you doing to him?" she asked.

"Believe it or not," I said, "we were healing him. He had a badly damaged leg on account of his time in the desert. Unfortunately it healed badly, and we have to undo some of the healing before we can put it right."

"Healed?" she asked.

"Yes," I said. "It's something Jeevan and I can do with our powers."

"Will I be able to do that?" she asked.

"I don't know," I said. "I can feel that you have power, but I don't yet know what they are. You are definitely going to be strong, but the actual power or powers you have are yet to be discovered."

She quieted then, looking thoughtful.

Jeevan and I both ate copious amounts of food at the Diner. Melanie watched with saucer eyes as we packed it all away.

"How much do you eat?" she asked me.

"Using powers like that," I said between mouthfuls, "uses a lot of energy. This is why I thought it best for you not to have access to yours until your body is stronger. You can actually hurt or even kill yourself using powers if your body isn't strong enough."

"Kill myself?" She asked, looking frightened.

"I'll make sure you are safe," I said. "I will train you how to use whatever powers you have, and how to be safe. I'm sure there are others that will help?"

I looked at Jeevan who smiled.

"You don't even have to ask," he said. "Meena is going to be overjoyed to meet your new family member."

"Meena?" asked Melanie.

"Jeevan's wife," I said.

"Does she have power too?" asked Melanie.

"No," I said, "but she doesn't need them. She's plenty fierce enough without them."

Jeevan laughed. "I will tell her you said that."

We left Vince at the diner. He said he would take care of the check which was going to be substantial. I'd let him get it today, but not every day.

Jeevan went on his own way, and Melanie and I got into my truck.

"Now what do you want to do?" I asked. Smiling at my kid sister.

My kid sister, it had a nice ring to it.

"Can we go and meet our father?" she asked tentatively.

"Let me call him first," I said, "and see what he says."

His phone rang for a long time. I wondered if he was going to answer it at all, given what I'd said to him the last time we'd met.

"What do you want," he said flatly. "You said to stay away from your family, and now you're bothering me?"

"Have you spoken to Maggie or any of the council members today?" I asked.

"No," he said, surprised into answering by the question. "Why?"

"John," I said, "I found Melanie."

I heard a clatter, and the line went dead. I guessed he'd dropped his phone. That reminded me.

"What happened?" asked Melanie.

"I think he dropped his phone," I said. "Let's give him a few minutes, I think he'll call back. But if he doesn't, we need to go back to the mall and get you a phone."

"Me?" she asked. Looking at my phone. "Why do I need a phone?"

"Because there are going to be a lot of people," I said, "me included, that are going to want to be able to keep in touch with you when we're not together."

"Caleb," she said after a moment's thought. "Why are you doing all this? Why are you helping me?"

"Because you're my family, my sister." I replied instantly.

For some reason she looked a little disappointed at that answer.

My phone rang. John.

I picked up, since we were in the truck and, as before, it was on handsfree.

"Caleb," he said. He sounded shaky. "Are you sure it's her? Where is she? Is she all right?"

"Yes," I said. "I'm sure. She's sitting beside me in my truck right now and can hear you. She's had a hard time, but I've got her now and she will be all right."

"Can I speak to her?" he asked.

I looked at Melanie. She seemed unsure of what to say.

"Hello?" she said eventually.

"Melanie?" he asked, probably a stupid question given the conversation so far, but I understood.

Melanie seemed at a loss as to how to answer. I saw her confusion. What should she call him? Father? Dad? Daddy?

"Your name is John?" she asked finally.

"Yes," he said. "You can call me John if you like. My other kids, aside from your brother there, call me Dad. I'm sure Caleb's told you what his opinion of me is in lurid detail."

"He told me that you didn't get along," she said. "He didn't say why."

"Oh," he said sounding surprised.

"Will you tell me why?" she asked.

"Can we meet?" he asked, diverting her. "Where are you?"

She looked at me.

"We're in town," I said. "I was going to take Melanie to get her a phone, then I can drop her off if you like."

Melanie shook her head. "You come too."

"I thought you might like some time with him?"

She shook her head again.

"It's probably best if you come as well," said John. "You know where my office is?"

"I do," I said.

"Just opposite, there is a little coffee shop." He continued. "How about we meet there in an hour?"

I looked at Melanie and she nodded."Okay," I said.

"And Caleb," he said. "Thank you."