Callsign Amarok Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The female warrior carried the burden of knowing their mother's sacrifice and promised to take revenge. She turned around and went hunting for the tiger."

"After restless nights, she finally cornered the beast. Engaging in a bloody and gruesome battle. The tiger was much stronger than her and gave an almost amused smile at her pathetic attempt at killing it. Lustful and addictive power surged through her blood, granting her an unkillable frenzy. Her eyes replayed memories as she faced everyone she's ever loved, all rushing past her vision in a blur." The storyteller shook her head.

"When morning came, the soldier awoke from her bloodlust and was horrified at the scene. She had succeeded in vanquishing the tiger but at the cost of those who she seeked redemption from. Animals who once decorated the forest with lively activity laid dead before her."

"What about the wolves?!" The boy asked.

His grandma exhaled and shook her head sadly.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 8 Last Ditch Effort

-Inside the story-

The warrior stabbed the wounded tiger through the heart and left it to bleed.

Still drunk from the dragon's blood and power, she prowled the land, eliminating any animals unfortunate enough to reveal themselves. The sky grew crimson as the human went with her rampage.

A wolf pack residing in a den soon found themselves out of food. They could not hunt while the powerful soldier lurked. Collective opinion brought each wolf to grim conclusions, they needed to kill the human. It was their responsibility to do so, after leaving her to fight alone against the tiger who could easily corrupt. The Alpha formed a hunting party including the entire Pack, leaving 3 small pups in their den.

After a tense trek the moon glowed bright red causing the wolves to grow bigger and stronger. The blood moon would give them a fighting chance against the crazed woman.

"THIS WORLD TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!!!" The female human screamed, bodies were torn apart all around her and the wolves turned wary.

The last vestige of nature's guardians had coordinated attacks to end the human's pitiful state.

Spear in hand, she made quick work of the wolves who dared to strike.

After a short and bloody massacre, one lone wolf was left in the field of corpses. Crazed eyes aimed towards white fur as she flicked the spear, ridding the metal from flesh and blood.

She began to creep forward while twitching occasionally. Human eyes had turned cold with a flow of blood falling from their sockets. Dynasty armor was torn and rusted from past slaughter.

The white wolf feared for his own life as he feared for his pup's lives. Those were the only things the black wolf left behind, including their fond memories of each other.

Turning around as quickly as he could and broke into a sprint, rushing back to the den.

The frenzied woman smiled at his cowardice and went on the prowl. She found herself back where the tiger had initially attacked her. Cut up memories replayed in her head as she recognized a wolf sacrificing itself for something.

A whine cut through the silent night causing the deranged soldier to focus on the hunt.

She spotted the white wolf blocking her view of what was behind it. Whining and whimpering continued behind the animal and the wolf snarled at the woman. Crazy eyes caught a glimpse of a small wolf pup behind their father and her resolve faltered.

Human memories rushed past her mind as she remembered her brothers, sisters, mother and father. The cheerful, heartbreak and cruelty of life seemed too brutal to bear.

Blinking away the painful experience, she rushed forward and plunged the tip of her weapon deep into the heart of the white wolf. Her body had acted on its own, drunk off power and searing malice.

Hands tightened around the spear and she retrieved the cold steel from the freshly killed animal.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 9 A Mother's Love

Pups, not even a month old wobbled towards their dead father. Uncaring of the danger present before them. The indifferent soldier raised the spear and readied, directing it at the last pieces of innocent life.

Black mist formed beside the white wolf turning into a shadowy figure. Tendrils of smoke floated off the sides and back of the animal. Silver eyes stared straight into the human's corrupted soul.

It leaped at the human distracting her from the previous targets. The soldier's weapon punctured the shadow but could not stop its movements. Wolf jaws wrapped around her handle and ripped it away from her bloodied hands. Cold steel matted with red flew away from her grasp and stabbed dirt next to the young animals.

As soon as the weapon left her hands the soldier fought to take back control of her own body.

The shadow backed away from the woman and formed a protective stance around both spear and pups.

"I...will....not..." The crazed warrior said hoarsely. Muscles twitched throughout her body as blood lust rushed back into her veins.

Her broken will had a semblance of her past honor, summoning fresh resolve. She stood firm, not allowing her mind to slip back into its previous state.

Dark mist began to form around her body and warmth poured throughout her being. Clarity surged through her memories as she recounted the times of her home and family.

Memories brought her back to a time where she laid sick in bed. Warm hands cupped her cheek and a soft humming could be heard next to her. A woman sat close while she recovered from sickness.

"Mama?" A thumb stroked her cheek.

"It hurts, everything hurts..."

"Shhhh, I know. Rest for however long you need, I will stay by your side until you get better." Blinking, white light blinded her as she weakly opened her eyes again.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 10 Duty Bound

The soldier crumpled onto her knees and began to weep. Years of heartbreak finally poured out of the woman's restrained soul mixing with regret.

Exhaustion broke her as she sank onto the cold ground. Her eyes stared up at the erect weapon, she hated power, hated what pain and desire could make someone harm.

Shutting her eyes again and hoping for someone or something to finish her off. Small footsteps could be heard thumping the ground. Multiple warm and wet tongues licked her face.

She opened her eyes and met 3 pups licking her hair, cleaning away muck and grime.

"Why? I'm..a monster." The pups did not know basic survival and were too young to understand their situation. Instead relying on the only person who could help them.

The ground shook as the spear vibrated violently and exploded sending gold fragments scattering across the land. Birds chirped and wildlife returned to the greenery.

"Young lady, I am disappointed in your rampage. Although I cannot punish you in my physical form, I shall bestow upon you the responsibility to care for the lives now parentless. If you are unable to care for them, then my brethren shall hunt you and destroy this world to start anew." A voice spoke above her.

"My spirit has been used to save my precious home. The wolves tried to save you but a second could not be achieved." The pups started to climb on top of the fallen soldier and cuddled up next to each other.

"They will need a new guardian now. Learn from your mistakes and take care of them." Maternal instincts seemed to have ignited the woman's soul. She carefully got up and held the small animals in her arms.

"Wolves look after each other. You will not experience further heartbreak as long as you fulfill your responsibility."

Decades later the warrior passed away after teaching and caring for her children. The pups had grown into strong and healthy animals, more than capable of fighting entire armies. The wolves would soon split from each other forming their own packs and growing in numbers.

Legends say that the wolves adopted abandoned children, raised them and created a village for them. They held no malice for humans, the dragon's final action before death had made all wildlife aware of their destructive nature. But to accept and guide them with care.

Not wanting a repeat of devastation, the dragons kept watch from the surrounding mountains. They would not let their kin be sacrificed again.

To this day villagers spot wolves around the forest, watching the roads. On rare occasions when the moon is in full bloom, howls could be heard. A black and white wolf would appear, roaming the village.

No one knew what they were doing but the past spirits did not harm anyone.

===Special Chapter) Belief

-Back to reality-

"Grandma, I want to be a wolf!" Wiping away tears from his own puffy eyes.

His grandmother gave him a warm smile and helped him clear tears and snot. She looked up at the door and saw her husband entering.

"Aiya! Little fellow, what happened?" He dropped the wooden furniture and picked up his grandchild.

"I want to be a wolf!" His grandpa gave him a surprised face, chuckled and lowered the precious juvenile back down.

"Wolves are scary, if you are a wolf, you would sleep outside." He shook his head and swiped away the last runs of his nose.

"But..but the wolves keep us safe. What about a dragon?" The child received a couple pats on the head.

"Go wash your face, your mother will be home soon. We're going to the forest park to take photos." He hopped in excitement and rushed to the bathroom.

'That boy...' His grandpa smiled and looked out towards the mountains.

'I hope he doesn't become a soldier.'

...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 11 Last Man Standing

-Interior of collapsed tower-

Periodic shots woke an injured operator. He heaved small puffs of air into his heavy lungs and tried to move. Unable due to pressure and weight on top of himself.

Most of his equipment stayed on person and he wiggled an arm through a small gap which was brightened by moonlight.

"mrgh...fffu..." Blinking away tears and grimacing from unexpected pain. Sharp glass and broken concrete slashed at his maneuvering limbs.

Deciding to take a different approach he laid a free hand on solid material pinning him down and pushed. It crumbled and he managed to free himself after a few hard shoves.

Leaning up against bent pieces of scrap and staring out towards oblivion. Squinting his fuzzy vision through the night was illuminated only by the bright flashlights of his squadmates weapons. Firepits and flaming oil drums revealed a haunting scene.

Mounds of stripped bodies filled a crater located in the center of the runway. While individuals fired into the air, prancing around in celebration.

The bastards managed to tackle his entire team, Phantoms who were trained to deal with these types of situations.

'It was just an escort, how did this happen...' Anguish wormed its way in, harboring ill wishes of oneself.

Voices underneath spoke a foreign tongue, chuckling occasionally. As the militia men were enjoying a chippy time, white light painted a bloodied body hurdled into the hole, making the corpse all the more clearer.

It was Daws, half his face was riddled with bullets almost unrecognizable but the remaining Phantom knew it was him.

Explosions of radiating pain erupted from his stomach and he looked down to see what was causing it. A small rod of rebar embedded itself in his abdomen and he pondered on removing it or not.

With a missing rifle, he pulled out a handy pistol. The soldier stared at it for an uncomfortable minute and laid the gun in his lap, unable to bring himself any sort of comfort. He scanned around and found a body with weak life signs lying close to him.

"Ahh....O..O...i..on?..."

Orion dragged himself closer after holstering his pistol and flung away small pieces of rubble covering the injured radio operator.

"Hang in there. Mrrgh!" While swiping away more rocks, he stopped as Charlie grabbed his right arm.

"I...I..my legs.." Orion studied his friend and felt warm liquid coating his knees. He felt for Charlie's legs but there was nothing there, only flesh and pulp.

"Hold on I'll get you o-" Forcing himself closer and cutting through mounting pain, Orion attempted to help. Until his injured teammate pulled on his arm again, staring up at him.

"..g..g...t..d..ie...ju..s...h...hol..d..d..me..." Charlie slurred as shock trauma set in, but received quiet understanding from the person close to him.

Clutching his friend's hand until there wasn't any strength left. Orion watched as Charlie's eyes grew empty and swore at himself with tears forming.

He squeezed around a limp hand and closed his eyes.

"I..I'm sorry..." Orion placed his back against rubble and stared at his dead comrade with remorse.

Charlie's death replayed itself in his watery vision, asking, almost begging not to be left alone during his final moments.

Orion sat there for what felt like hours and pulled his gloved hands into view. They shook with a coating of blood seeping through to his bare skin. A mixture of his own with the one who passed.

His hands began shaking violently and he clenched them to stop. A light headed dizziness partnered with heavy weight exhaustion threatened to take him away.

Just then, when Orion was contemplating on letting himself bleed out, a staticy voice came over his head.

Instead of sorrow, guilt and acceptance of irresponsible release. There was something else, hidden away by willful repression.

Agitation; searing rage washed over him as the contents of deep dialog spilled through.

#Tch. Cowards, haha.# Boisterous laughter, giggling and carefree chatter taunted the man who lost everything.

#I am sad the girl did not last long. She had fight but enjoyed it, yes?# An amused chuckle followed.

#What was her name? Rochelle? Michelle? Shell? Shelly?# Silence passed and the unknown continued again.

#I bet you she was good?# A chorus of laughter boomed over the hellish night.

Orion assumed he was the leader after asking if they enjoyed Shelly as if she was property.

#And the commanda that killed our soldiers? He is pathetic. Only good thing was his guns, clothes and helmet. Too bad he died and gave less than good beg. I stab him good with this gun? Hahaha!# He racked a weapon slide and the wounded warrior recognized that noise even over poor comms.

It was his own rifle.

No longer sensing pain in his abdomen nor humane emotion, fury took its rightful place in the wake of a personal vendetta.

Orion peeked back at Charlie, lying motionless underneath rubble. The back of his own mind echoed vestigial words given by a deceased superior.

'Rage is a last resort, don't let it turn into hatred. If you allow that feeling to fester, then the world and even those around you, like family, will think of you as a true monster.'

Vexing strength entered his body and he gathered as much of it as possible. Enraging a mindset that was fueled further by knowing that his teammates were in that hole. Dead and waiting for him to join them.

"So be it." Heart and will confirming the future desecration of meaningful words. Committing and promising the vengeance of his squadron's death.

Their killers would soon find themselves endangered against a man with nothing left to lose.

Orion got up sluggishly to scavenge supplies off the nearby body. Retrieving an MP5 and bunching up the weapon's strap in a clenched fist. He gathered the sling fabric in his mouth and readied hands on the rod sticking out of him.

Removing the object would give him enough mobility to move without distraction. He would only have to go against blood loss and as soon as it was out, the timer would start. Until his body gave out.

Conviction grew in his heart as he stared down stained metal.

Coiling his facial muscles and biting down on the strap. He slowly pulled out the rod contained through his stomach and applied pressure. Next, expertly grabbing medical packing, shoving it in the puncture wound and applying a field dressing.

Madness dulled most of the pain.

Orion leaned up after collecting Charlie's tags and magazines. Attentive eyes scanned around, retrieving info on an exit point. Orion hobbled outside to the remaining balcony railing and wrapped rappelling rope around a thin but secure beam. He hooked on and glanced at his friend one last time.

'...see you soon...'

Inspecting the ground below showed a single man waving off to sleep.

Which aggravated the presence above.

The Phantom retrieved his REATE EXO Tanto, allowed the blade to open and grasped the handle like iron. He scaled down and crept above the man's head, positioning for a kill. Orion covered the militia man's mouth before driving the blade across his throat. Red flashed out, painting the walls in a streak of blood.

Letting the dead body slump to the ground, the lone survivor lowered himself down.

Unhooking, sheathing and readying his teammate's SMG. The Phantom recalled months of survival training and employed the celebratory gunshots to mask his own suppressed weapon.

He prowled the base, seeking out those foolish enough to wander alone.

===Special Chapter)

Satisfaction plastered the militia leader's face. Happy that he was able to bask in the glory of killing those who were deemed untouchable.

He watched as 2 of his men dragged a blonde woman's corpse across the ground towards excited fighters.

"Haha, not finished?" Specks of teeth grinned at their leader and he studied the destroyed tower.

'Shame...They must have good weapons. Ha this one is pretty.' Playing with a new rifle, found near the base of the tower.

Cries of horror echoed in the background of his new helmet until a crazed yell blew out.

#NOOOO, N-ARHHHH-ggggrr...grg..grggll!!!#

"W..who is this?!" The militia leader demanded frightfully, ceasing everyone from gathering near the dead girl.

Eerie quiet boomed over the grave filled base.

A man stumbled out of the hangar that housed the bodies they collected yesterday. His lower jaw dangled and his tongue flapped openly as he desperately gestured behind himself.

Everyone in view stopped and gaped at their injured brethren. Right before flashes sparked, dropping the mutilated man onto the floor.

"S...SHOOT!!!"

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 12 Lone Wolf

(Minutes before firefight)

Following the eradication of those in his way, Orion found himself in the hangar which housed the dead. A couple men were gathered around, pulling a body from the mound and leaving.

All except 1 was left in the dark structure.

A Phantom watched from the shadows as the lone fighter laid his weapon down, unzipped his pants and began relieving himself against the pile.

Pulling out his tanto and stalking towards the man, Orion stabbed him in the crotch and forced his prey to the ground. Restraining him and getting a good hold of his face. The Phantom began slicing away at flesh and muscles until only half the man's mouth hung from loose meat.

During this confrontation Orion held no remorse or guilt for what he was doing. Wanting to create a haunting scene for his enemies to see. He gripped his victim's lower jaw and pulled.

"NOOOO, N-ARHHHH-ggggrr...grg..grggll!!!"

The Phantom hauled the man up and pushed him towards the open hangar door. Where he watched as the man staggered to his feet and bolted away while trying to call for help.

A crowd standing over Shelly's corpse stared wide eyed at what they were seeing.

Worked like a charm.

Orion aimed and fired 2 small caliber rounds going straight through the jawless man's brain.

Black mist exploded from his target's forehead and a multitude of flashes opened up on his position. He ducked behind cover and reloaded the MP5.

There wasn't satisfaction in killing one of them. Even if it was small fry who had a play in his team's demise. Orion needed to kill the rest of them so the world wouldn't spare them a shred of known existence.

123456...8