Callsign Amarok Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did both of you wake up with an insane headache? Or was it just me?" I asked and wished for an answer similar to my own awakening.

"Yeah, both of us had pretty bad headaches but it cleared up pretty quick." Answered Avery.

During his teenage years Avery always developed migraines for no apparent reason. Doctors had no clue what was going on with him after running multiple tests: CT scans, X Rays, blood work and MRIs. He grew out of them once he hit 20 and was relieved from the first night of soothing sleep. Finally enjoying the night instead of dreading it.

"We could be hallucinating all of this: the moons, trees and time of day. My watch read 1500 last I checked."

Both brothers looked at their watches, perceiving the incorrect time similar to my own.

Dan shook his head "Unlikely that all 5 of us are hallucinating."

"Shit...alright, lead the way Avery."

My second in command took point and Dan followed up on our rear. Avery knew that I would try to deny and reject the insane claim Dan had proposed. I begrudgingly decided to believe Dan, I knew this man for 15 years and his brother. They both had great humor, but when shit hit the fan humor stopped and it was all business.

Our current predicament was all business.

After a short walk we arrived at the downed chopper. Tim and Pac had scrounged up most of the usable equipment into an arsenal crate. I glanced over and saw a couple weapons that would make any gun enthusiast bust a fat climax. Plus some other pieces of military hardware.

Pac rounded the broken nose of the helicopter and instinctively dropped whatever he was holding and reached for his gun. A Kriss Vector.

"Drake it's us." Unafraid of getting shot by a teammate.

Pac got a good hold on his weapon and stopped mid raise, registering us as friendlies. He lowered his weapon and spoke in a regretful but accusing tone.

"Would it hurt for you to say something or signal us when you were coming back? If you had, I would've prepared dinner."

Dan peeked over at me. "I thought Avery had a wicked sense of humor."

"Nice try." Avery suppressed a snort.

Ignoring the small banter between life long friends and competent soldiers. I observed Pac and he was also completely fine.

"Where's our gunner?"

"Over here boss." Tim replied.

He was prone overlooking the clearing with night vision and his machine gun held up by its bipod.

"Decided not to shoot us?" I asked.

"I could see all three of your asses from miles away even with these goggles on. Why were you standing out in the open waiting to get shot at? Hell, even I was tempted." The gunner commented.

I walked over to him and searched for any injuries. He only had a cut staining his left cheek.

"Here lemme take a look at that." Waving him to get up. Tim crouched over the machine gun and took off his helmet. I flicked my helm light on to inspect his injury.

It wasn't anything major and I retrieved my medical equipment. Unzipping a FAK on my hip and pulling out an antiseptic pad. I wiped away drying blood which elicited a tiny hiss from the man.

"Any more injuries? Avery and Dan are fine and Pac's cheery enough to carry things." Applying a small bandaid to Tim's cheek.

"Naw, I'm good. Thanks for the patch." I gave him a gentle pat on the arm and got up.

My teammates watched Tim's care and waited for me to address the situation.

"Alright let's get this straight; we were shot down and our vision went white, later it faded to black. When each of you woke up, you had a massive headache. I'm assuming the rest of you were relatively near the crash site. Because I had to search for you guys for a little while. Now there are 2 moons, our watches don't work and the trees have grown bigger." Monologuing to the rest of the team.

"Sounds about right." Pac responded and the rest nodded in agreement.

"Where's our co-pilot? He was with us when we crashed, right?" I genuinely wanted a good answer.

"A piece of shrapnel launched into his helmet and killed him when the first missile detonated." Avery replied.

"Yeah? But he was with us when we crashed. Where's his body then?"

"He's nowhere near us. I tried searching for him in a hundred meter grid square and couldn't find him." Informed Pac.

"Ok...so those of us who were alive when the crash occurred are still here?"

"Sounds about right." Dan inquisitively added.

Right now I didn't want to think of the later, I was thinking of the now and currently, my eyes glanced at the arsenal crate.

"Aight guys, right now we are stuck in the middle of nowhere. First order of business is to stock up on supplies and an extra weapon, if for whatever reason we lose our primary." Informing the team.

"Pac, Avery, Dan you guys get first pick."

Both twins' eyes lit up like kids on Christmas. They knew that with a Phantom on the team there was a wide range of assortments to choose from.

"Tim, with me on overwatch."

"Got it." The gunner got up and we made our way to a better vantage point.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 19 Encounter

-Storyteller narrative-

Following a few moments of brothers throwing unwanted guns on the grass. Avery walked away from the arsenal box holding 3 different boxes of shotgun shells. Now sporting a Mossberg 590 pump action. He started loading the weapon with 1 round into the chamber and then 7 more rounds in the loading port.

Moments later, after Avery finished loading his newly acquired gun, Pac walked away with 2 new weapons replacing his Kriss Vector, pairing it with a fresh vest, body armor and a decent sized backpack pre-filled with supplies.

Orion advised the pilot to dump the Vector stating that his bullets would start disappearing in an instant. Avery also agreed, witnessing Orion discard his own Kriss back in the town. Pac didn't need anymore convincing once he discovered the contents of the crate.

The guns he pulled from the arsenal were a CMMG Banshee SMG and an AA12 shotgun.

Avery praised Pac over his AA12 choice and while being praised he began loading 45 ACP rounds and 12 gauge buckshot into their respective mags. After a while Pac accomplished loading 15 magazines for the CMMG, size for each banshee mag was relatively small, holding 25 rounds each. It had a decent fire rate, semi and full auto capability. Pac moved onto loading his AA12 magazines: two 20 round drums and five 8 round stick mags.

Avery walked back to check on his brother, wondering why he was taking so long. There was a lengthy tube and more cylindrical rolls of rocket rounds piling next to Dan. He had chosen a MK153 SMAW rocket launcher.

"You've gotta be shitting me." Avery stated in exasperation and went to inform Orion of the situation saying 'Daniel was thinking with his dick again.'

Orion switched places with Avery and moved to confront Dan.

"What in the fuck do you think you're doing?" Orion asked in irritation, waiting for the insane answer he was about to receive.

"Just when I looked into the box there were so many options to choose from, I couldn't decide. But when I touched something in the middle, my heart instantly fell in love." Gathering more SMAW rounds about the length of human legs and placing them preciously next to him.

"How about a grenade launcher?" Orion suggested, hoping Dan would heed his advice and not ignore it.

He shook his head.

"That's weak shit it's like a C130 gunship being downgraded to a humvee." The fireteam leader couldn't believe what he was hearing.

'No wonder this guy wasn't approached by Shepherd, he's a total nut.' Orion now realized his predicament was getting out of hand. Knowing he couldn't get this gun nut to change his mind; decided to go with control and aggression.

"Listen, Daniel, when you fucked up back at the bar and disobeyed a direct order, I could have held a court martial or shot your ass in the head. But you know what?" Orion toned his voice down from pissed to soft and exhaled.

"I never even considered those options. I knew you had your flaws and took a gamble on you when I gave Mac your name. You know what he did when he called me? He scoffed at your records and told me not to pick you. I had faith in you, I still have faith in you to make the right calls. Except that last fuck up was a dire one. We almost didn't make it out of there. So please, make a logical choice." Orion finished with a huff of exasperation from just pouring his heart out to Dan and the rest of the team.

He glanced at everyone else and they were saluting him from their current positions. The rest directed newfound respect for the fireteam leader.

Orion peeked back at Dan, tossing the SMAW away into the discarded weapons pile and rummaging through the arsenal box once more.

Retrieving an M79 Thumper grenade launcher and reaching for an ammo box filled with HE (High Explosive) rounds. He went and sat next to Pac, beginning to examine his new weapon. The pilot proceeded to give Dan 2 pats on the back.

"Alright Tim, it-" Orion was cut off by 3 sets of animal-like growls coming from the tree line.

He turned to investigate and his stomach sank. Looking through night vision catching large wolves maybe in the hundreds or more through his goggles. Easily the biggest wolf pack that the group had ever seen, slowly stalking towards them.

Tim swung his SAW towards the massive group and the rest of the team slowly backed away towards him.

Pac readied his AA12 and racked a shell into the chamber.

Dan inserted an HE round into his newly acquired Thumper.

Avery shouldered his Tavor, checking the magazine and chambering a round.

Orion held his M39 and angled the rifle so he was aiming with the laser. The Phantom tightened his grip on the rifle.

As the soldiers lined up with Tim side to side they aimed their weapons at the present murderous looking beasts.

"Amarok?" Avery questioned hoping for a confident answer.

The entire team activated their laser sights, directing them at the wolves. IR beams only visible through their night vision painted the horde.

Spurning a repeat of tragedy, especially involving his close friends. Orion steeled himself and responded coolly,

"Drop' em if they get too close."

His fireteam itched their triggers.

As soon as he finished giving the order 12 wolves bolted from the treeline and rushed the 5 man fireteam.

"WEAPONS FREE!"

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 20 She-Wolf

( Prior to fireteam's arrival )

In the quiet village there was an alluring female dressed in a traditional fur robe. Sweat dried across her forehead as she uncoiled jet-black hair from a bun. The woman collected the loose strands and gathered them behind her ears.

"You've learned most of what I could teach. That's enough for now Aurora." A grey haired man steadied his breathing and raised himself up from the ground. Peering at the woman who sparred with him.

Piercing green eyes peeked back at him.

Aurora had just finished up training with her father's most loyal Beta, Zane. He'd been teaching her combat techniques as human and wolf. Day and night ever since she struck maturity, preparing her for almost any scenario. Progressively training her more seriously, adding some near death experiences to daily routines.

On one occasion during a 3 mile run in human form, she lost her footing and nearly stepped in a spike trap. Her left foot barely avoided the wooden sticks and she climbed back out. Her wolf rose to smell out the traps and help but that would defeat the whole point.

Zane wanted her to become desperate enough to turn into her animal self and lose control. She regained composure shortly after her uncle's wile and continued on. Resuming her run and dodging a well hidden log trap that came down at her. Later, returning in one piece with a few scrapes and bruises.

The girl and her animal had a special connection, leaning on each other for support and understanding. Their souls entwined nicely creating a pure white coat on her wolf.

Adulthood for her people was 18 complete lunar cycles. Lupines primarily focused on 1 of the 2 moons, a natural Ivory satellite.

Each season had a moon piece attached to them: spring carried the waning crescent 🌘, summer had the third quarter (half moon) autumn held waning gibbous 🌔 and winter brought the full moon 🌕.

Aurora is currently aged at 25 lunar cycles.

(25 years old)

Zane unlike Sköll had stuck with Alpha Fenrir since he was a young pup, they were best friends and treated one another as brothers. The Beta was Aurora's protective uncle, guarding and making sure that she was cared for when her father wasn't around.

Fenrir was a busy Alpha taking care of pack matters, calming villagers and ensuring order in a hospitable manner. Their village consisted of 500 members ranging from pups all the way to the elderly. Ever since the abrupt meeting with Sköll, the Alpha trained more warriors adding 100 to his previous 100 veterans.

"I'm going to run with my wolf." Aurora notified.

"Do you need me to come with you?" Zane replied.

He knew that he couldn't coddle her forever and she needed personal independence if she was to become the next Alpha. But still worried for the young girl's safety.

"I will be fine Beta Zane, I appreciate your concern but you have tried to kill me multiple times. Picking times where I least expect it. Now, I've grown a habit of not letting anyone sneak up on me." Aurora responded sassily.

"My wolf has been acting weird these past nights, she gets very excited when I think about my mate." The she-wolf admitted as her whole body tingled.

Zane spoke in irritation, "Your mate was hooked up to Luna knows what machines. Lying in a bed, weak and broken. I'm surprised you felt so much for him at the time."

She zipped back around, glaring with vengeful pride and let out an angry snarl.

"Rrrrr...If you berate my mate one more time, I'll make sure to cut you when you least expect it. In your sleep." Aurora warned threateningly.

"I have already marked him with my scent.... No one will take him from me."

She swung on her heels, bounding towards the forest holding high cedar trees. Letting her robes fall off and turning into a majestic snow wolf.

Zane watched her disappear, sighing in an amused manner and chuckled to himself quietly.

"May Luna show mercy on that wolf's mate."

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 21 Stalked By Both Sides

( Moments leading up to the attack )

Aurora ran happily past the trees, enjoying the nightly atmosphere, sounds of animals and insects chirping near a lake. Her favorite place in the territory.

A nice earthy scent emanated from aging wood. An old log laid by the water and she sat against it. The same fuzzy sensation rippled underneath her fur coat, eliciting a strong imagination of desire. Visualizing her mate hunting deer, eating them and after, fucking her wildly like an animal; demanding submission. Of course she would give it, if he was stronger and proved capable of standing alongside her as the Alpha male of her Pack. Aurora's mate also had to prove to her father that he was able to take care of her.

She reminisced her first meeting with him, how weak and frail he was after a battle.

Her wolf could recognize another predator but he was an apex, extremely dangerous. A heavy smell of foreign blood covered up his scent, making it difficult to decipher his natural odour.

Aurora convinced her wolf that he could do them no harm.

"Water." He croaked out.

The lupine approached slowly, grabbed the thin paper cup and held it up to his mouth while helping him lean his head forward.

As she did this, her enhanced sense caught his sweat, his scent. A fragrance which would ruin her for anyone else. Lotus and a hint of vanilla invaded her being and her wolf perked up, immediately wagging its tail.

=This is our mate, our true mate!= Exclaiming in collective acknowledgement.

His eyes creaked open and scanned her. She noticed and blushed. Needing to feel his skin Aurora placed a hand on his cheek and caressed gently.

He blushed brightly.

'Awwwww'

"Sorry, I really need this." He asked and Aurora blinked, nodding at the request.

Keeping her hand on his cheek for a while, she began to grow impatient.

Angling his head, now properly looking at Aurora he spoke in a way she disapproved.

"Sorry miss, I didn't realize. I apologize if I had asked anything you weren't comfor-"

She cut him off with a kiss on his forehead. He tasted so sweet and delicious to her.

His face brightened up.

=He is adorable!= Both wolf and human side said in agreement.

Something arousing stirred in the air and she quickly realised what it was. Aurora glanced down at her mate's lower extremities and saw a bulge poking up.

Her mate was flustered and she giggled excitedly.

=He finds us attractive!= Stated the wolf.

She leaned in to kiss him but paused, hearing loud footsteps approaching the door. Aurora got up and looked back at him, hoping he would be with her soon.

Then disappeared, praying and begging Luna to bring him into her future.

When she finished her trip down memory lane a deafening explosion rocked the ground. She rose up immediately on high alert.

'There are no active fire geysers here....' She thought.

Instinctively as if on auto pilot, she ran towards the sound and that's when it hit her.

Lotus with a hint of vanilla invaded her nostrils and she creeped towards the smell.

Her vision was phenomenal in the night, able to detect the smallest amounts of movement. She crouched on all fours, crawled under a dead tree and saw him. Lying on the ground in foreign clothing and near him, what looked to be a staff and rucksack.

Curiosity fought caution regarding the man in front. Had Luna brought her perfect mate or something else entirely.

Aurora hoped for the former. She wanted to run right up to him and rub herself all over, spreading her claim over him. However her human side was opposed to the idea. Reasoning that they might startle him and he would respond poorly.

As she meditated, passiveness won the mental debate, but the wolf refused to remove her eyes off of the man.

There was finally movement; he rubbed his head and got to his knees. Shortly after taking deep breaths he stood up and grabbed something from his right leg.

A bright light zipped across her face and she was momentarily stunned by it. Aurora recovered seconds later and saw him raise his wrist, looking at something. His gaze switched from wrist to sky.

'Is he reading the stars?' She guessed.

Swiftly angling his hand, scanning the ground for something. He moved towards a long staff all the while muting his own footsteps. Picking up the weirdly designed stick and studying it. Once satisfied he moved to his sack and did a thorough check of what was inside. A while later he held something from his head and positioned it in front of his mouth. Next, reaching down to a pouch and pulling out a brick. He twisted something on top and spoke.

"Amarok transmitting in the blind. Anyone on this frequency how copy?"

His gruff voice washed over Aurora making her quiver.

Amarok resonated very well with lupines. It was a well feared legend among all creatures of the forest.

'A wolf that preferred hunting alone and was very adept at finding prey during the night. The story goes on that the wolf could train any individual, constructing them into a warrior capable of fighting 3 bears.'

"This is Orion, anyone receiving over?"

'Amarok Orion, so that's his full name...' The young-she mused.

After questioning the brick he pulled out 4 cylinders combined into a fan shape and had something tangling by strings. He took off his headwear and attached the enormous fan to his head piece.

'Is this fashion popular from where he comes from?'

Gathering up his things he slung both of his arms in straps that secured the pack to his back. He held his small light device in front of him and made a click sound. Shortly after, she found him turning off the light, putting away the device on his right thigh. He made the same click sound with his staff and flipped 4 tubes down in front of his eyes, moving away like he was searching for something.

1...345678