Callsign Amarok Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mac smiled at Orion

"Your rifle and sidearm are fine, just a few scratches. Nothing but a few polishes can work those out. The helmet had two ballistic scrapes along the top and the body armor along with the vest are shredded."

Orion was relieved that his weapons were fine. He didn't care much for his vest and body armor.

The marksman rifle he had was a present from Avery and Orion loved it. He appreciated that his close friend hadn't skimped out on cost. Opting for only the best attachments when he heard Orion managed to join Special Forces.

The rifle chambered in 7.62x51 NATO cartridges were plentiful in the states. So acquiring specialized ammunition wasn't a problem.

His pistol was a special case. Dan handed him an FN Five SeveN MRD as a welcoming gift when they first met. When receiving it from Dan it already came pre customized; sporting an RMR red dot, Surefire X400 laser light combo and threaded barrel.

The gun chambered in 5.7x28mm rounds, shaped as small rifle bullets were not plentiful and Orion had to keep requisitioning boxes of it. The magazine carrying capacity was quite large, able to hold 20 rounds and each bullet had exceptional penetrating power.

Orion loved the little piece of hardware, having it strapped to the side of his leg most of the time.

Both weapons had a special place in his heart.

"You were on the brink of death, medics brought you back twice and here you are worrying about the mission, your team and equipment." Mac smirked.

Orion couldn't help but smile weakly.

The captain shook his head, slightly amused at the soldiers' tiny enthusiasm even after going through hell.

"You're being tasked with putting up a team. With the loss of a highly trained unit, it created a void in our capabilities. We'll hand over some assets to fill in the gap. Some personnel files will be sent over after you've recovered. If you're up to it."

Orion still had the fight fresh in his mind and immediately pictured his teammates. Dead.

Something he learned while training with instructors taught him a valuable lesson regarding fear. Discipline and determination proved effective for a soldier to function under the heavy oppression of terror.

He was never going to be the same again after losing those close to him. But Orion was determined to push through and fight. Because if he hesitated now, then the feeling of the world swallowing him up would rule over his life.

And plus; the man wanted to see his old friends again.

"Captain, will it be possible to choose specific people out of the file selections?" Orion asked curiously.

"What are their names?"

Orion gave Mac the name of his most trusted friends since his adolescent years. They've all entered the military and had a lot of recognition.

Captain MacMillan nodded "I think I can arrange a few things."

"Thank you sir." Replying, Orion did another weak salute.

Mac returned the gesture and pulled something from his pocket. It shined under the fluorescent lights and he placed it on the table next to Orion.

"Good hunting Amarok." The captain swung on his heels and exited the room.

Orion reached over and grabbed the piece of metal, sharpening his eyes upon it.

The Medal Of Honor.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 15 Extraction

-Back to fireteam-

"Ain't that right Amarok? Avery asked cheerily.

"Cut the chatter, let's move." Orion stared into the dark tunnels and moved a hand to his helmet.

"We'll minimize our signature, I've got it." Activating a tactical helmet light and gesturing for the team to follow.

The path he memorized led to an exit covered by lush foliage. From there they needed to travel a good distance away to call extraction. Their pilot who was damn near suicidal could pick them up.

The fireteam was silent as they moved out from the exit. Scanning the area and fanning out, moving further and further away from the hornets nest. Orion calculated they were adequately far enough, a few kilometers atleast.

He took off his mask and stowed it. The others following him crouched and did the same, while their leader kept watch like a sentinel. As the rest of the team finished packing they resumed scanning the surrounding area.

Orion grabbed his map and read the coordinates. He pulled his radio, clicked and spoke into it.

#This is Amarok, requesting extraction at grid Charlie Oscar zero, three, two, niner.#

He released his finger on the radio and it replied instantly.

#This is Raven, understood. I'll be there in twenty.# The pilot replied.

"Hey what'd he say?" Dan asked, still looking around, making sure no one got the jump on them.

"He'll be here in twenty." Orion answered.

"After he picks up a few chicks and sends us photos he'll be here." The other brother cheekily added.

Tim did an amused hmph at Avery's remark.

15 minutes passed and Orion heard rotor blades in the distance. He pulled a distress flare from his vest and ignited, tossing it in an empty field with enough clearance for the Pave Hawk to land. The flare burned bright, fuming a dark red smoke into the air.

The helicopter was on top of them now and descended, landing softly on the grass.

#Our ride's here gents!# Orion shouted into his mic as the blades whirled above him.

The rest of the team moved out from cover and proceeded towards the helicopter.

Orion crouched at the aircraft's door, covering his teammates. Dan and Tim hopped aboard and got on the door guns. A M134 minigun was mounted on each side.

Avery grabbed Orion's shoulder and pinched twice, notifying him that everyone boarded. He got up and hopped in with Avery.

They sat down in their seats and peeked out of the helicopter, taking in the morning flowing forest.

#Hey Pac? I thought you said twenty minutes, what's the occasion?# Dan switched to the helicopter's radio frequency and asked.

Drake, nicknamed Pac nearly the same height as Orion, just a tad bit taller due to his hairstyle being a fade. 28 years old with a handsome face featuring clean skin and deep blue eyes. A blonde with little Polish and a lot of German ancestry. He was a specialized pilot who learnt high risk maneuvers and mechanical engineering. He wanted to be a jet pilot similar to Top Gun, but that would have separated him from the rest.

This man made a damn fine helicopter pilot and was a close friend to Avery. His gun play was no slouch either; showing great accuracy with most weaponry but preferred close range tools like pistols, SMGs and shotguns.

Pac with his lean build and charismatic nature was the group's ladies man. Managing to get Avery, Dan, and Tim lots of girls. Of course, he tried setting Orion up with tons of women but none had hit it off.

The fireteam leader was too preoccupied thinking about the next mission, reading books and picking up lessons from experienced veterans.

Orion knew every soldier needed to wind down and relax but ever since Africa he wasn't interested in building a love life. Knowing the next mission could cut his life short, he didn't want another person to have to go through losing their significant other. Didn't even care for one night stands either, he was just sexually numb.

Pac thought he was cursed.

#Well I was starting to undress this asian girl I met and get laid. However, Orion here had to drag my ass out and put me into the cockpit. The other 'cockpit' would have been way better.# Pac informed in fake annoyance.

In reality the pilot was sitting on base waiting for Orion's request to come through. As soon as he heard the radio communication he jumped up from his chair and ran to his helicopter.

His co-pilot John tapped him on the shoulder to lift off and RTB. Pac started increasing the collective and the Hawk lifted off the ground. In seconds the aircraft was high in the sky.

The sun was coming over the horizon and there was a glint of something shooting past the tree tops.

Just then Orion noticed a smoke trail coming from the ground, sailing through the sky towards them.

#MISSILE 5 O'CLOCK LOW!# Cried Orion.

Pac banked the stick hard and the Hawk violently turned and dove, lowering the aircraft's altitude. Reaching for a button in the center console he flicked a switch and the bird immediately began dumping flares to distract the missile's tracking.

With Pac's maneuver combined with large volumes of countermeasure, the missile didn't make a direct hit but exploded near the tail end, sending shrapnel everywhere.

A stray piece of molten metal grazed Tim's left cheek and hit Pac's copilot, killing him instantly. As this happened, Pac was stabilizing the bird and another anti-air missile was fired. Dan tried shooting at the orb but was ineffective in stopping the heat seeking rocket.

Their designated pilot had saved the team's ass on more than one occasion, proving himself over and over again. But this time he couldn't avoid the hit.

Pac released the rest of the flares in vain. The second missile zoomed past all of them and made a direct hit into the back tail, forcing the bird into a death spiral.

#BRACE YOURSELVES!#

The occupants held on tight to avoid getting flung out of the spiraling bird.

While falling from the sky Pac yelled.

#MAYDAY, MAYDAY, RAVEN'S GOING DOWN AT GRID CHAR-

His transmission was cut as the Pave Hawk made contact with the ground and erupted into a fireball.

All 5 Brothers in Arms died instantly.

...

...

...

...

[ Loading logs ]

...13%

...27%

...53%

...78%

...99%

...100%...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 16 Radio traffic

( 1 week later )

[ Transmission Log ]

Command- Marines have conducted SEAD over the region and are securing a foothold on nearby mountain ranges. You're cleared to move in and investigate.

PJ- Understood, we'll land in the surrounding area and dismount from there to conduct a search.

Command- Your objectives are the safety of the missing fireteam and retrieval of any sensitive items.

(2 hours later)

PJ- This is 1-1, we've reached the last known location of Raven's SOS. *kurr*

Command- Give me a report.

PJ- Uhh... Com..nd... w....u.na..l....to.. loca..t...c...sh.... *kuuurrrrrrrr

Command- Repeat your last 1-1, you're breaking up.

PJ- un...ble....t......n...t..ing

Command- Pararescue, you're coming in weak and unreadable. Switch to back up frequency and try again.

*STATIC

PJ- Command this is 1-1, how do you read me now?

Command- Have you loud and clear. What's the situation?

PJ- We couldn't find the crash site, there's a scorch mark on the ground but it seems like everything disappeared. No sign of the downed hawk or our missing wolves. There's nothing here.

Command- Uhhh....wait one PJ.

*Seconds later

Gold Eagle- PJ, I'm commandeering your squad. You're to pair up with MARSOC troops and head for a villa surrounded by vineyards north of your position. There'll be a VIP; callsign pigeon located on the top floor awaiting extraction. Challenge is MOON, countersign is WEREWOLF.

PJ- Understood, my squad will reroute and meet up with MARSOC personnel to commence a retrieval for Pigeon. Disregard Amarok's rescue sir?

Gold Eagle- Priority is Pigeon. Besides, that wolf and his men don't die easily. Complete your mission and report back to me.

PJ- Para actual copies all, we'll get it done.

End traffic.

=ACRONYMS=

SEAD= Suppression of Enemy Air Defense

PJ= Air Force Pararescue Jumper

SOS= Call for help

MARSOC= Marine Special Operations Command, a component of SOCOM

Challenges and Countersigns = Used to contact and identify unknown friendly or hostile forces using different means of communication

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 17 Domestic Terror

( 11 months after hospital visit )

The Pack Alpha Fenrir and his daughter watched in horror as a massive group of wolves came marching past the tree line and into their small village. The cluster of malicious beings gathered in the middle of the settlement.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Demanded Fenrir.

Three wolves in front of the group stalked towards Fenrir and his daughter menacingly. One 6 foot long red wolf in the group of three morphed into a human male with red eyes. Once finished transforming, his eyes lingered on the she-wolf next to the Pack Alpha.

"I said, what are you doing here Sköll?" The Alpha of the Aspen Pack was furious.

"What are YOU and your disgrace of a Pack still doing here? I've given you enough time to gather and leave. Except you ignore MY command." Sköll countered.

"We had an agreement. I granted you Alpha rights over the Mjollnir Pack to ensure peace and stability to all lupines that reside on these lands! Instead, you throw your power around and mercilessly kill anyone who disagrees with you!" Fenrir yelled in pure betrayal against the man who fought and bled alongside him.

"No, I had an agreement with a strong wolf who knew how to make the hard choices and powered through his enemies with ease. Up until that whore of a mate had you entwined within her fingers and birthed that little demon." Sköll stuck a finger at the Alpha's daughter and she gave a growl in response.

"You know it was fun to cut and beat that whore until she broke and begged for death. I was hoping you would revert back to your old self after she died but I guess I'll have to defile her as well." Staring at Fenrir's daughter, eyeing her figure creepishly.

He ran a tongue along his lips with a grin on his face.

"We've fought and bled together, please just give me more time. Soon you will have our lands and we will move far away." Fenrir pleaded.

"Pshhh. You disgust me, showing such weakness to an adversary." Sköll spat at Fenrir.

"Seeing your pitiful state doesn't give me any will to fight. I will give you 1 month to make peace and leave. Though, I need to send a clear message this time." With that he growled and viciously barked at the 2 standing next to him.

10 village women were suddenly dragged into the open with rope binding each of them. Four of the female's mates tried to claw their way through the huge blockade of hostile wolves, only ending up being restrained roughly. Jaws anchored themselves around the poor mate's of those who were going to be taken away.

"These 10, I will be taking and using them however I see fit." Sköll stated in a condescending manner.

The hostile Alpha backed away and spoke once more.

"I've taken pity on you and your pathetic Pack. Make sure you leave in 30 sunsets or all of you will die." Eyeing the female she-wolf he continued creepishly.

"Or she'll be next, old friend." Sköll smiled ear to ear and morphed back into a large wolf. The mass slowly withdrew into the treeline with 10 women in tow.

Fenrir turned to his daughter.

"When will he get here?"

"Soon...I hope." She replied honestly and held out faith that he would arrive soon.

"May Luna watch over us." Fenrir whispered.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 18 Revelation

-Orion's POV-

Slowly opening my eyes and rubbing my head from one of the worst migraines I've ever endured. I sorely got up and took a few deep breaths in my aching lungs. After the feeling dissipated I stood up and looked around cautiously.

It was too dark to see anything.

Reaching for my sidearm, retrieving it and turning on the light. I flashed around and took in a bizarre predicament.

My surroundings were covered with thick vegetation and tall cedar trees. Moonlight spotted through the gaps of the branches above, landing on me.

Flicking my wrist to check the time on my G Shock gave me a wave of confusion.

It read 1500. (3 PM)

'Is my watch broken?' I tilted my head up to view tree leaves obstructing my sight from the night sky.

'There weren't any trees this tall when we entered the AO. Where's my rifle?' I flicked my sidearm to the ground, searching for any piece of equipment that may have separated from my body.

'There you are.' Creeping towards a weapon, not making a sound. I picked it up and examined if anything broke or if the gun was totaled. Surprisingly, it wasn't damaged, just sporting new scratch marks on the sides.

My backpack laid close to where I found my primary and I checked myself if anything was missing.

'Everything's here: My rifle, sidearm, tanto, vest, helmet, meds and supplies are all accounted for. How had the crash not.....'

'I hope they're alive....' I angled my headset mic and adjusted the radio to the frequency everyone used before.

There was no need to maintain radio silence. Especially if they haven't found us in a day.

"Amarok transmitting in the blind. Anyone on this frequency how copy?" Static answered my hail and I repeated the question.

"This is Orion, anyone receiving over?"

*kukkuurrrr

Nothing, just more static.

'Is something jamming us?'

I put away my radio, went to my pack and started rummaging through it. Retrieving my quad NODS and attaching the device to my helmet. I wrapped the wires to the sides and stuck a battery pack to the rear. They were heavy but acted as a counterweight for my goggles.

After securing my equipment I holstered my sidearm after checking its magazine; full.

Next I checked my rifle's mag; full as well. Pulling the slide back just a bit, viewing a round already in the chamber I quietly let the cover return. As I activated the PEQ attached to my rifle I stood up and flicked my NODS down, searching for bright illuminations.

My nose picked up gasoline to the left and I started making my way towards the sign of a crash, gun at the ready.

Past thick lumber and shrubbery appeared to be a small clearing. There was a black mass with a trail of smoke flying up.

I took another step forward and a loud snap resounded from my foot.

White light blinded me and I dove behind the nearest tree. Pulling my NODS up and placing a finger on the trigger, ready to kill.

Before engaging, I needed to confirm if whatevers ahead of me was truly hostile or not. The entity didn't fire upon me immediately or yell out in alert.

"Star!" Waiting a moment for a response.

"STAR!" Projecting myself louder this time. Relief flooded through me as a cheery voice responded back.

"Texas!" Avery yelled back with the countersign.

I leaned against the tree, rose up from cover and began my approach to see a familiar face.

"Had me worried there for a moment." I admitted.

Dan was prone near Avery, taking cover behind a different tree with his thermal NODS down. He was still keeping an eye out, making sure no one followed.

"You still in one piece?" Avery asked worryingly.

"I'm walking, aren't I?" Responding back to him.

"My comms are down, what about you? I tried contacting everyone but I just got static."

"Same here, Dan and I couldn't get anyone to respond on the radio."

Dan got up and moved closer to us.

"We're clear, just some local wildlife out there." Dan advised and I gave him a nod.

"We thought you got captured or disintegrated in the crash. I still can't believe we're alive." Avery told.

"All I saw was a bright light that faded to black." Dan added.

"How do you know we're still alive?" I asked in a serious tone.

"I punched Dan and he punched me back HARD." Avery rubbed his cheek after stating his confirmation of life.

"A question like that coming from you is as real as it gets for me. Have you ever heard the phrase 'Count your blessings?'." He added.

I shook my head and asked "Where's Tim and Pac?"

"They're securing the crash site. Me and Dan went to set up a perimeter." Answered Avery.

"Let's regroup and figure out where the hell we are."

The 3 of us walked into the clearing and Dan gestured up at the sky when we stood in the middle of the field.

'There are 2 god damn moons. This situation just got a whole lot complicated.'

"I don't think we're on Earth anymore." Dan suggested.

1...345678