Callsign Amarok Ch. 01

Story Info
Modern-day fireteam collides with fantasy.
26.2k words
4.72
9.2k
27

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 11/03/2023
Created 01/22/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gastropoda
Gastropoda
124 Followers

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Author's notes:

This story was submitted and posted in the middle of 2022. I wasn't expecting such a volume of readers to click on my work and want more.

8 chapters were published before but I felt like they weren't the best. I pressured myself and lost interest in the story for a bit and believed that I could've put more effort into my writing.

Now, I'm committed and ready to go all in.

Most of the elements in the story have remained the same because I wasn't satisfied with other reiterations. Looking back at the original made me feel happy, albeit a little embarrassed with my grammatical errors.

The author will work more diligently to bring satisfying content.

Re-edit: Changes in grammar and additions in story context have been made.

Re-edit 2: Included missing writing in chapter 3. Tweaks in sentences and additions in minor story segments have been added.

This will be the last repost.

______________

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Original Author's note:

This is my first time attempting to write on Literotica. This story contains violence early on and erotic moments will show in later parts.

The story will have a lot of combat and I have zero prior military or combat experience. Quick thing also, I am pretty lazy and run into motivational or inspirational blocks.

I do light study on certain subjects I include in the story. Also if I make mistakes that are not factual or accurate please comment and share feedback with me.

Enjoy.

______________

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 1 Introductions

"SHIT!"

A team leader yelled out as gunfire raged through the street.

This was supposed to be another run-of-the-mill scouting mission. Mark and note key military installations for upcoming operations. But one of his team members just had to jump the gun and be a hero.

Daniel couldn't stomach watching a small group of drunken mercenaries have their way with a female civilian. Primarily beating and ripping off her clothes to do god knows what.

After successfully killing 3 of them without help he reached the girl, helped her up and motioned for her to go home. Just when she was out of sight, 6 more men stumbled out of the bar with weapons in plain sight.

Dan, standing atop a corpse, gave an exasperated sigh and cursed himself.

Right before all hell broke loose.

A little shorter than his brother at 6 foot, fairly muscular with spiked hair. Dan, short for Daniel, was always a quick-tempered guy, wearing his heart on his sleeve and has a strong sense of what's right or wrong. Most notable reason why he couldn't make it for the newly formed unit. In spite of that, he was proficient with practically any weapon system presented to him which made the gung-ho quite an addition to his current team.

#DAN 9 'O'CLOCK 100 METERS!# Somebody warned, catching blurred shadows moving from the corner of their eye. The rest of the team was preoccupied by more targets coming from different directions.

Dan swiftly maneuvered his M16A3 to the right and picked off targets with ease, while staring through a thermal monocle attached to his helmet.

#Got it! Thanks Avery!#

His brother continued engaging multiple silhouettes with an IWI Tavor.

Mixed European with bits of Hispanic and muscular build a little taller than his brother. Has fairly toned skin and a stubble. Avery was 29 years of age. An attentive person similar to their squad leader, always lending eyes and ears to someone who needed them. Also having a strong sense of morality but knew he could bend it here and there. Cool under pressure and used humor as a coping mechanism, which was popular among the team.

Unlike Dan, Avery would've made it past selections and been a part of the Covert Operations Unit many wanted to join.

Refusing to attend because Daniel wasn't approached for selections. They were brothers after all, twins for God sake. If one wasn't going, you bet the other wasn't either. You could always count on them to stick by each other's side.

#Orion! Keep your eyes forward and don't stop till we're out of this god damn shit storm! Avery and I will cover our retreat, just focus on getting us the hell outta here!# Dan hollered through his mic.

#Working on it!# Their squad lead hastily replied, simultaneously scanning a route the team was taking to get the fuck out of dodge.

Peeking around a corner, bullets impacted the brick wall right next to his head. Orion took cover, flicked his SMG's selector switch from 2 round burst to full auto and sent waves of retaliatory fire, killing 2 men blocking the team's exit.

Moving out from cover, carrying a 45 ACP Kriss Vector with a long barrel suppressor, the team leader managed to neutralize more in close proximity.

With the group moving at a decent pace Orion's Vector was running low on ammo; 3 magazines at most. Taking into account how fast and plentiful the mercenaries were coming at them, he was going to run out soon. Especially after expending a good chunk of his 30 rounders to cover a teammate.

If he hadn't, Dan would've been minced meat.

Orion dumped another 2 mags in quick succession, tearing through 3 hostiles who attempted to cut them off. He found himself doing a quick reload: dropping the magazine, inserting another and slapping the bolt release.

After doing so he yelled for assistance.

#Vector's dry! Avery, need cover upfront!# Orion ordered as his primary's bolt locked back. Notifying him that the gun was empty.

He dropped the SMG, swung his backpack off and reached for a battle scarred M39 EMR connected to the side.

As the team leader rearmed himself, Avery already thought ahead and turned towards where Orion was receiving fire from. Sending out controlled bursts into shadowy outlines. However, not before tapping a team member's back, hard.

Tim or Timothy, swung his M249 SAW over and began peppering the street where Avery was watching previously. The light machine gun suppressed more combatants with a hail storm of bullets, keeping them at bay.

Dan cleared the mercs on the right and moved to assist Tim. Dropping anyone too overconfident in taking out the gunner.

An African American, Timothy was a force to be wreckin with. Maintaining a shredded build similar to the ROCK and standing at 6'4 with 27 years of age. He's an intimidating force to whoever pissed him off but held a cheery and kind attitude to whoever treated him with respect. Tim would have also passed selections if he hadn't gotten into a car crash and needed to recover for a few weeks.

He was a man of conviction and once setting out to finish a mission, nothing could stop him. Was a bit of an anomaly with women though, sometimes hitting it off and others, not so much.

Orion had retrieved his marksmen rifle and popped off more rounds until veering right abruptly. The team followed in sync, rounding around a cement wall.

"Smoke out!" Orion whipped out a smoke grenade, pulled the pin and tossed it at his feet. Dan and Tim got behind some heavy duty dumpsters and threw out their smoke canisters.

Seconds passed as thick screening filled the war ridden streets. The team's pursuers stopped firing and there was a brief break of battle.

Taking advantage of this, Avery and Dan each pulled out 2 M67 hand grenades. They ripped the pins and chucked them towards the enemy's last known location. 7 seconds of people yelling from behind the team was drowned out by 4 distinct booms. Cries and wails of injured men echoed throughout the frantic war zone.

"Like music to my ears." Avery chuckled.

"We should move." Tim advised.

#If we're slow, they're going to try and cut us off again. Follow close behind.# Orion led his men into an alley while keeping an eye out if more combatants would pop out from nowhere.

Fortunately, none did.

The alley was a dead end; there was a tall brick wall ahead and two buildings enclosing them from both sides.

"Sooo...we gonna blow the third pig's house down?" Avery asked sarcastically before reloading his Tavor and M45 Meusoc sidearm.

"Hah, nice one." Daniel commented. After fist bumping Avery he subsequently reloaded an almost identical M45 and his M16.

'Crazy bastards.' Orion mused.

"Sorry to bust everyone's balls, but Danny boy here just had to think with his cock and save a damsel. With his heroism, we attracted enough attention to rival the local populace in the Battle Of Mogadishu." Tim patronized Daniel in an annoyed tone.

"In addition, Orion has potentially fucked us with this wall, better than our own down south." He added.

Avery, Dan and Orion shared smug grins for their gunner. Already catching onto the plan everyone had in mind.

"How are we getting out of this Orion? Or are you planning to dig straight down to the other side of the planet?" Tim's face lit up with realization and he was relieved for his friend's competent leadership.

Orion made a wide hand gesture like that of a magician, presenting the team with a manhole cover he was standing on. Their ticket out led to multiple exits throughout the town.

"We've burned enough time chatting for the locals to wake up and realize what happened. Let's go, down the rabbit hole." Orion finished as he pulled out a heavy axe pry and removed the cover, revealing a single ladder.

"Get your masks on. We don't wanna risk contaminating our lungs with any of the shit they've been dumping." The team leader warned briskly as he pulled out a gas mask and applied it to his face. Everyone else followed his example.

Most of the team climbed down and arrived at the bottom. Avery was the last as he closed the manhole cover and rejoined the rest of them.

"Thank fuck the rules of engagement can change when we have a Phantom in our team." Avery said proudly through his mask.

"Too bad he left our asses to join the big boys league. He-" Tim begrudgingly added before being interrupted by someone else.

"Hey, when one makes it or even gets admitted is an elite in my book. Those who've actually passed are beasts." Daniel interjected as a state of fact.

Tim and Dan gave their team leader an admirable peep, who cracked a glowstick.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 2 Hunter

-Character Details-

Lean muscles positioned themselves perfectly across a 25 year old 6'2 tall frame. A unique face sat upon a strong body, difficult to differentiate in eastern countries.

Textbook perfect for clandestine operations.

Frequently observant, paying attention to detail but not obvious. Orion kept his cool in almost any situation and had a memory that was nearly photographic. Handy for memorizing key mission details and navigating through familiar terrain. He maintained an impenetrable mind and unbreakable will but held extremely loose morals.

A trifling problem challenging Orion was remaining a virgin. Ever since high school and college, he was repeatedly shunned by girls and didn't bother trying to look for love or companionship. His confidence was shot to shit, seemingly never to recover.

After graduating he searched for a job but none of them fit. Orion wanted short hours, plenty of time to goof off and enjoy life. But who would spend free time with him? Both his parents passed before receiving his diploma. So-called 'friends' abandoned him after learning of his mother and father's death, avoiding a distraught graduate's need for comfort.

Sluggishly picking up the pieces to a hurt heart, he remembered his close online family or what remained of it, had joined the military. Good ol red, white and blue blooded friends.

Orion wasn't a star spangled creature because the Great White North was his home.

Growing up, he drowned himself in war films with his dad: Black Hawk Down, Band of Brothers, and many more.

A new sense of purpose dawned on him as forgotten memories re-emerged.

Days after sorting out his life he wound up in the States, standing in front of a recruiting center.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 3 Enlistment

How could a Canadian join the military let alone attempt to perform better than die hard Americans? Orion knew his social and sexual confidence was shot to shit, accepting that he wouldn't find lasting relationships. He focused solely on training and helping others who needed a hand.

Surprisingly, later in basic he prided himself on supporting and keeping his fellow recruits from being eaten alive. During the rigorous routines that would make civilians cry.

Upon finishing basic training, Orion hoped to meet up with a familiar face and taste what the Land of Opportunities had to offer.

The young man finessed his way through the command structure and encountered his old friends, each serving in different corners of the US military.

===Special Chapter)

While deployed on active duty for 2 years, the young soldier performed some minor heroic feats during heavy fighting. Which in return, rose his rank quite prominently and he was approached by an admiral.

The superior ordered Orion an immediate transfer to fill in a vacant spot for some program. Against his better judgment, he accepted the opportunity with gratitude.

The following day, an email was delivered by an unknown sender.

= Bring all identification documents and proceed to 36.0125° N, 114.7414° W. You have 8 hours. =

A bit of hesitation affected Orion's compliance due to the cryptic message. The coordinates displayed Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge and his caution turned into paranoia.

He collected himself, trusting his superior's transfer order and instructions.

On arrival at the destination, four darkly dressed individuals awaited him.

"This the one Shepherd sent us?" One of them asked.

"Yeah, it's him. Saved Charles and Daws back in the sandbox." Another answered.

Appraising figures grinned at each other and locked in on the outsider. Noticing this, Orion tensed up right before being restrained from behind.

"We'll take good care of you." A smooth but dangerous feminine voice whispered into Orion's ear, before a black bag was pulled over his head. Zip ties were fastened around his hands and a foot kicked him in the calf, dropping his knees to the ground.

"Burn it."

A zippo pinged, igniting papers retrieved from Orion's front pocket. Each critical document was set ablaze right next to him.

"You won't be needing them handsome. Rules are a thing of the past." A soft hand tapped his back and slapped him from behind.

Rope coiled around Orion's ankles and two men hauled him up. Promptly, throwing their new recruit into the back of an approaching van.

"Welcome to your new life F.N.G!"

( Fucking New Guy )

The training was brutal, lasting more than 14 months; traveling to insect-filled jungles of the Amazon, snowy tundras of the Yukon territory, and scorching deserts of Kuwait. Each region brought new challenges and torturous nightmares. In exchange for time spent in numerous hellscapes, many trainees along with Orion acquired new skills and honed them to perfection.

They were all talented in more ways than one.

On paper the unit didn't exist and if a member died their names simply vanished from all records. No one could find them unless they had family. But none of them did.

They were ghosts, no.

Ghosts were the dead who knew about each secret the organization held. Not even the majority of the American government nor any foreign intelligence agencies had info about the unknown element. Simply labeling those as missing persons lost in combat.

Nicknaming them,

Phantoms.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 4 Disavowed Exposure

Limelight shattered the veil, previously covering mysterious conflicts posted around the world. Public attention was placed on the secretive forces' existence. Medias began conjuring up theories, rumors started circulating and the general public blamed NATO governments for their lack of knowledge.

War torn countries underwent mass casualty events and death plagued settlements, leaving most without a reason for the bloodshed. Massive fires raged through small settlements and cremated remains left to tell the tale. Many presumed they were terrorists, roaming where peace thrived and killed needlessly.

Phantoms earned major notoriety in liberating Africa; systematically killing and butchering warlords, including corrupt politicians. This gave America and key allies a foothold on mineral rich land, strengthening national interests. Foreign and local officials were shocked by savage factions disappearing so rapidly and in large quantities.

Phantoms were monsters but not truly. In the eyes of their enemies they were demons; pure spawns of hell deserving a slaughter and militias believed killing them was righteous. Except through the eyes of the innocents caught in the middle, they were spirits.

Who seeked out the heart of all their pain, hatred and suffering.

The UN held a meeting, ordering an investigation into all unauthorized killings. It didn't matter to them that villages under warlord occupation were already lost. Surmising a force was decimating an entire country, genocide was concluded in hasty judgment and all operations were to be ceased immediately.

However the Phantoms continued their work under the guise of humanitarian aid.

In a battle to retake control of the Congo River and maintain a military presence in the heart of the DRC.

Orion earned a nickname for himself.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 5 Africa

(1 year ago)

On a late evening during blazing heat, a detachment of 16 well armed personnel were escorting refugees and important political assets to a hastily constructed airbase. The lazily maintained runway appeared unusable; it was uneven, bumpy and contained obstacles that would tear the treads of landing gears.

Incredible flyboys managed, being able to routinely visit, drop off supplies and depart unscathed in C130 Hercules. Sometimes replacing cargo with people on each leave.

In the back of one vehicle was a young man sitting among 3 other soldiers. He had a weapon slung over his back and peeked out at the other transports.

The driver of the truck in tow saluted the young man with a wink.

'Cheeky fucker.' A closed fist tapped him on the arm.

"Hey Orion, you excited?" The soldier next to him teased.

"Excited about what?" Orion asked, clueless as to what his teammate was hinting at.

"Aw come on man. We all know you're interested in that blonde." Someone else chimed in.

The rest of the occupants stared at Orion in silence. It was getting awkward so he responded casually yet a little cheerfully.

"Well Ramirez.... She's cute. What can I say? And she's also smart in her own way. Why're you guys so excited about my contact with..." Cutting himself off and noticing wide grins beginning to form. Smiles bloomed on each of Orion's teammates.

Ramirez was always the tease of the team. Funniest yet most caring out of the group but deadliest with a sniper. Orion was glad to have him as his friend, he wouldn't have been so forthcoming regarding his relationship without the chatty soldier.

"Haha! Only our eastern hombre would call a relationship 'contact'." Cheerful laughter resonated from them.

Orion's eyes rolled and he rubbed his temple. He caught some refugees looking at his shy state with happy expressions. Even with the gloomy escort and uncomfortable heat affecting them.

Ramirez slapped his embarrassed teammate on the helmet.

"I have money riding on you. A couple guys made a bet that you'd be able to hook up with her."

Orion quirked his head at Ramirez and turned to the others.

"I was planning to ask her out after this Op. Since we'll be getting a month's worth of R&R. But since you made a bet, I might just let her go. Maybe I'll place a bet against you and take your money?" Ramirez along with another soldier shook their heads frantically.

"Nonono, you shouldn't do that if I were you. Charlie, convince his ass not to ruin it for himself."

Gastropoda
Gastropoda
124 Followers
123456...8