All Comments on 'Can Married Couples Date?'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 207 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Cagivagurl always has the put upon male protagonists use over the top vile language at the earliest opportunity to make them look like unthinking morons. In this case it should have been

‘Sorry Helle, I m not happy with this,’ not the screaming invective that resulted.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Unfortunately, the author betrays the theme: True friendship is genderless.

Nolan's first words when he was totally alone with his date are revealing: Nolan said with a wolf whistle "Damn, you are looking sexy as hell. Real pretty." No man makes such a bold statement, while alone with a women, unless he is imagining having sex with her. No women, alone with a man, is unaware that she is being hit upon for sex.

Helle lied twice at critical moments of the story. First, to her Therapist when asked: Have any of the guys hit on you or said anything that would make him (Sonny) feel some level of insecurity. "God no", Helle spluttered.

Second, by omission, during her description of the wonderful date to Sonny. Even when asked by him to be totally honest, no mention of the strong come on by Nolan while alone with her.

Sonny appears to have valid concerns, and Helle so easily lied to avoid any validation of Sonny's concerns of his view, and the risks, of human nature.

These two examples alone demonstrate that "men and women could be friends without sex getting in the way" is rarely true. Both men and women are just made this way, otherwise there would not be 8 billion people on Earth.

Tomh1966Tomh19664 months ago

Engaging story and I did not skip-read.

I've personally known more than 1 real life cheating situation that started "Just as lunch" or "Dinner at the mall" with an opposite sex friend. Yep. The first date was platonic. So was the second. There was a 95% chance each 'date' nothing happened. 19 in 20 times... no problem.

Put 20 into a random number generator and see how many times you roll until you get a 1 as the result.

chess1972chess19723 months ago

Interesting story with silly ending. Sonny could have realized his anger and name calling was over the top and apologize for that but still insist that he was right. He was. Married people cannot date.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good the story wound up somewhat sensibly ending the dating games. It's rife with issues from the competing, turning away from spouse for romance etc. Yes one needs other relationships but giving the attention and seeking things that belong to the marriage outside of it generally does not strengthen it.

The therapist was overall pretty unprofessional and went at Sonny disproportionally. Yes Sonny had anger issue but his wife and friends were all super disrespectful and dismissive of him. None ever really apologize for that just made him eat humble pie and apologize. Even worse as his wife knew about history of father cheating.

And Helle's first date ever is while she's married to Sonny and she goes if for a wonder date with Nolan. She suggested him in front of friends she's doing it and he can't stop her? Yeah real empathetic and loving.

Lots of no in this story: grass is greener trap, remembering only the good parts of past dating, failure to appreciate how good things are (especially for Helle & Sonny who had the best marriage), getting what you want and complaining about it, lack of respect love and empathy for spouse/friend visit being pushed and having a hard time ...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yawn... Dates are part of a courting process; they are artificial social events, part of a process by which couples get to know each other and become more intimate or decide they don't have a viable future relationship. Sonny is perfectly justified in being unhappy about his wife's fixation on having a dating (i.e. courting) experience with another man. The last bit in particular was just stupid. Men and women can be acquaintances and even friends, but dates are special social occasions that a married person should not be having with someone other than their spouse. The reactions of all of his friends and particularly his wife would be worrisome to me; the story is poorly written and presented. 2**

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Decent story. Different viewpoints. No cheating. And they ended the dating game, because they don't need to learn more about their friends. Just talk. And I don't blame Sonny for being pissed off either. 4 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...