Can There Be Peace Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"In each of those cases, sister, high priestess, and goddess, you have some measure of free will. Agreed?"

"Yes sister."

"What does your collar say? What does mine say?"

"Owned." Red replied without thinking.

"You are branded as property. Does a lamp have free will? Does that truck over there? Both are considered property. Why then do you have free will and they don't? It seems unfair to me."

"That's just silly. You can't compare a person to a lamp or the truck. It's not the same thing," Red shot back.

"How is it different? You have Karen's mark of ownership on you. You wear her collar that states you are owned. You have a brand that shows all that you are a slave and property without rights. Please help me understand?" Jane said simply. "Without getting mad I mean."

Red smiled, "Without getting mad." She paused, "Sister, I am a living, breathing, creature. The others are manmade objects. If the lamp gets up and moves on its own, or if the truck goes to the store by its self, they are the same as I."

"If I am your owner and command you to sit there not moving, you will no more go to the store than that truck will. You won't move any more than the lamp would on its own. Red, what does the collar and brands mean to you? I know what they mean to Karen and from your description they are different things."

"My submission to Karen's will means the world to me. Anything she commands, I do without thought," Red replied.

"No Red if you do then you would have tried to kill Joyce. You follow her commands as long as you agree with them. I can give you a case in point, a thought experiment so to speak." Jane paused and thought. 'Karen comes to you and says; Little Bit has been very bad. I want you to punish her for me. Take her to the edge of death and keep her there while you break her spirit. You know damn well that if you do any love she has for you, the girl you followed into bondage because of your love for her, will despise and hate you for the rest of her life." She paused to let Red get the idea, "Now look me in the eye and tell me you will follow that command."

Red looked at her long time opening and closing her mouth. Finally, she dropped her eyes, "I couldn't... not her."

"Little sister, you are at a crossroads. You can go to Karen and ask her to change you such that you truly submit in all ways. Or you can walk away, remove your brands and start over. You are young yet and will find love without conditions." Jane sighed, "I don't know what to tell you to do. Only you can follow your heart. But I do know you can't remain as you are and stay here."

She watched the girl get up and walk back to the house. Once she was alone, Jane said softly, "Mother, I don't know if you are the creator or not. But I since you rubbed my nose in your power, I beg you to help Red because I can't."

"I would love to help her Jane, but until she decides what she wants, our hands are tied," Lilly said kneeling next to her. She pulled Jane's head to her lap and ran her fingers through the girl's hair. "How can one so young be so wise? Karen has an inner strength, but you are wise far beyond your years Jane."

"Try growing up skinny and always picked on. I had to find a way to combat the abuse. So, I fought back. But at the same time, I learned people picked on me to make themselves feel better about themselves." She closed her eyes and sighed, "Mother, the last three are the worst. Darkstar, acted out for attention. She does the same to get attention from Karen. Doll, is mind fucked deeper than I can handle and Rachel has Karen on a pedestal and failed her because she sees herself as a failure. She wants Karen to toss her to the curb."

"Woah.. whose knife?" Lilly heard Baby Girl say from the shed.

"Guess," Lilly said. She continued stroking Jane's hair. "Daughter, I'll tell you the same thing I told Karen. Use your strengths and trust yourself. You may fail, but give it your best shot. That is all anyone, even my mother can ask."

Baby Girl came over and sat down with them, "Sister, while we were across the pond, Karen always questioned her ability to lead. Even as she saved us time and time again, she was worried she wasn't strong enough." She paused and then added, "Back when your mother, with Karen changed us. She pointed out that of the six, none of us would live more than a month without descending into madness of one form or another." She looked at Lilly, "I think your daughter here, would have made it without a problem."

"I think so too," Karen said from the shadows. She came forward, "Please leave us, I would have a word or two with Jane alone."

Lilly helped Jane sit up. She kissed her tenderly and said, "Trust yourself baby."

Baby Girl handed Jane her knife and said, "I trust you Jane." She stood and looked at Karen a long moment before going inside with Lilly.

Karen walked over and laid down looking up at the sky. After a moment she said, "I understand all too well how you feel. It's hard when you don't have an answer. In her place, what would you do? What would you have me do?"

"If I were her..." Jane said slowly. "I think I would leave and regret it for the rest of my life." She paused and then, "What it really comes down to is being true to myself. If I wasn't devoted to you, I couldn't stay in total submission." She looked at Karen, "If I was you, I would have to wait until Red knows what she really wants. To change her without her wanting it, is not being true to the Karen I know."

"What do I do if Red decides to do neither? Stay as she is now." Karen rolled to face Jane, "We both know that is what she will do. She won't leave Little Bit and won't want to lose herself in her submission to me."

"You have only two choices then. Change her or send her away." Jane replied. "I hate it as much as you do Karen. But if she remains as she is, she will keep failing you and getting punished. Or she will lead the others astray because she can get away with acting out without punishment." She paused and then said, "Tiff I can fix, Sherry can be worked on. But Doll has been mind fucked by Joyce so deeply that like Red I don't know if I can guide her to the light."

"As for Doll, don't borrow trouble before you reach it." Karen replied. "Why didn't you fix Red yourself? I know you could have done it. Why has the Great Mother stopped me from blocking out your powers? Why don't any of my spells work on you?"

"Let's see.... Why didn't I fix Red and save you the anguish of doing it yourself? Because until she knows what she wants, I can't. If she had said, help me, I would have done so and faced your wrath afterwards with a clear conscience. I don't know the answer to the second one. The third is easy to answer." She looked away and said, "They don't work because I don't believe in their power over me." She looked back at Karen, "Your magic is like insults. Insults only work if you allow them to. They are only words. The pain comes from inside."

Sitting up Karen said, "So being bound, fed by your sisters' porcupines, as they forgave you did nothing for you?"

"No, I didn't say that and you know it Karen. I said your spell of excitement without release, if that is what it was, didn't work. I was healed by their forgiveness and loved drinking your cum from their porcupines." Jane said. "If you want me to get excited without release then just say so." She thought for a minute, "Is a wonderful line from a movie that sums my feelings. It goes something like this; Command me and I will fall on my sword." Turning her attention back to Karen she continued, "If you want me hot and bothered without orgasming, just say so. I am a slave to your will. I always have been since that night when you reminded me to look into people's eyes."

"Let me see if I understand fully," Karen said. "If I say, I want you to find a way to give Red peace without her leaving; you will do whatever you need to do without question."

"Is that what you wish?" Jane asked.

"I don't want to lose Red. Her leaving will devastate her sisters and I as much as it will her. Find a way for her to stay and be at peace." Karen replied.

She looked at Karen for a long second and nodded, "As you command." Standing Jane went inside and found Red sitting alone in the kitchen and looking into a cup of coffee. She pulled the girl up and hugged her tightly. "I understand, let me help you," she said softly. Looking inside Red she found the conflict and transferred her peace in total submission to Karen's will to the other girl.

After a second Red looked up and said, "I was a fool, I understand that now."

Taking her hand Jane led her out to Karen, "Trust me little sister and make peace with Karen. Trust that she can guide you in your submission."

Red knelt before Karen with lowered head, "I'm sorry Mistress. I didn't understand the freedom in becoming yours fully." She looked up at Jane before looking Karen in the eye, "I was wrong and beg a second chance of serving your will."

Karen pulled Red close and kissed her deeply. Stroking the girl's face, she said tenderly, "I forgive you your faults." Standing she pulled the girl up and said with a smile, "I know just the way you can make it up to me." She looked at Jane and added, "Darkstar will be out in a minute or so and thank you."

"You're welcome," Jane said dipping her head but keeping eye contact. She was standing there looking out to the woods but her mind was a million miles away. "Did you want to talk to me sister?" She heard Darkstar say softly from behind her.

"How long have we known each other Tiff?" Jane asked not turning around.

"About the time mommy died I think is when we first met. Talked I mean," Darkstar said. She walked up to stand beside Jane and added, "You have been close ever since. Every time I got into trouble you were there to smooth the waters. Well almost every time," she corrected herself.

"You went too far the last time for me to calm down." Jane replied still not looking at her. "I had hoped you would grow out of your being bad to get attention phase on your own. But you only got worse." She looked at Darkstar standing beside her and asked, "Why?"

"I don't know. It just happens," Darkstar said turning away.

"I am going to tell you something you aren't going to like little sister. But it is the bald truth." Jane said looking away from her. "You act bad to get attention. First with your father and then with Karen. Even punishment is loving in a way if she is focused on you." She sighed, "But that isn't that bad part. You and your sisters fucked up. Four stories below us is the body of a girl not much older than you who died a horrible death. Eve, Lilith's blood sister and Karen's adopted sister was killed and sent back to her mother before Karen's eyes. Both of them died because none of you raised the alarm. Each is equally guilty. In your case you knew Karen would be mad at you so you went along for the ride. Look me in the eye and call me a liar."

When Tiffany didn't speak, Jane continued, "Perhaps both would have still died from their plot. We will never know for sure. What I do know is that your acting bad on purpose has got to stop."

"I don't know how," Darkstar whimpered.

"It is simple really if you want help. But you must really want to change Tiff. If you don't then nothing I do to help you will do any good."

"Jane, I trust you with my life. Please help me. I can't take seeing Karen like this anymore. None of us can." Darkstar said turning and clinging to Jane as if she were a life preserver thrown to a drowning man.

With Darkstar's mind totally open to her it was easy for her to make the changes as she said them aloud. "All you have to do is from now on. Before you make any decision, ask yourself. Will this please my owner? Will this please Karen? If the answer is no, then you won't be able to do it. Because that is the actions of a bad girl and we both know you need to be good from now on." She paused, "Remember this, Karen saved you when she could just as easily let you become a fuck toy. That shows her love and dedication to you. You always need to show the same in return." Jane gave her a little kiss and said, "Would you ask Sherry to come out next? I know Doll is expecting her turn but let's deal with Sherry first."

"Okay Jane," Darkstar said. She started to go and then stopped, "Why did you come into my life and protect me?"

"Because when momma died, I had to keep an eye on my little sister." Jane turned and looked at Tiff, "Dad didn't want a step son that was a sissy around so I was shipped off to school. Out of sight, out of mind. When you and mom came here, I was put up in an apartment and enrolled in high school. Mom helped me every way she could until she died. Then it fell on me to protect you."

"I... I never knew," Darkstar said softly. "Why didn't you say something before now?"

"Because I grew up on the outside looking in. What could I say, Hi I'm your half-brother who has been living in a closet for these last sixteen years? Would you have believed me?" Jane replied. "No it is better this way."

"You're wrong, Jane. It's not better, it sucks that you had to grow up mostly alone. It's not fair."

"No but life is often unfair," Jane replied.

"At least I have you now," Darkstar said as she hugged Jane tightly. "And I'm never letting go."

"If you don't we will have to work out how to walk like this," Jane said with a smile.

"You know what I mean," Darkstar replied with a smile in return.

"Now you need to go inside and tell Karen you are sorry for being bad and that you will be her very best good girl from now on. Will you do that for me...and for yourself?" Jane asked as Darkstar let go.

Of course sister," Darkstar replied with a smile. She giggled, "I have a sister a real sister!" she hurried inside giggling with girlish delight.

And now for my disclaimers which were inspired by JimBob44 and acup. Thanks for the inspiration.

Yes, I never met a comma or ellipse I didn't like.

Yes, it jumps around too much.

Yes, it's in the wrong category.

Yes, it's too long.

Yes, it's too short.

Yes, this is stupid shit.

If you want a perfect story go find one written by Mr. Data.

And, yes, I suck.

Go have yourself a warm and fuzzy day.

BTW, you only get to comment on spelling and grammar if you are volunteering to be an editor. Those comments and rants will be deleted, you've been warned.

Don't forget to vote!