Cancel All Our Vows Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is she getting a trial?" Sheriff Griswold asked.

Me: "Yes sir. What was happening there is that University President Jerry Moore was trying to negotiate a (air quotes) 'compromise'. For example, he was saying he'd sell the strip of land that connects the Hospital to the land above it where they're going to build the State Medical College in exchange for Laura giving up the Mountain Nest and all property rights to it."

Me: "Laura and her lawyers responded that Jerry Moore is breaking the law, and she's going to Court not to negotiate, but to force Dr. Moore to obey the law. She asserts that there are no negotiations to be had on that nor anything else, and she wants a full legal process. In that, she called Moore's bluff and exposed his dirty trick, and she's not playing his stupid games."

Me: "As to my own lawsuit against KXTC, the first hearings will be in Federal Court in July. KXTC has filed to have the lawsuit dismissed, saying it doesn't meet the Sullivan standard. We're countering with an argument of 'continuing mischief', saying that their repeated lies and libel about me show their intent. And we're also saying that the 'continuing mischief' and other reasons are why Sullivan should be relaxed."

Me: "And however it's ruled, the loser will appeal. Mike G. Todd is aiming for a SCOTUS case, probably early next year."

"Wow, that would be something to see." said Cindy.

"Yes it would." I said. "Tasha is already talking about going to Washington, D.C. to see it. And I'm not sure where Dr. Cordell's case is, nor when."

(Author's note: For the Cordell saga, see 'Beethoven Virus', 'Vengeance Is Mine/, and 'Climate Injustice'.)

Teresa said "It's been moved up. June 20th, in the Superior Court of Judge Clarence Scales in Midtown. I'm going to be a character witness for Dr. Cordell."

"What kind of judge is Clarence Scales?" Tanya asked.

Chief Moynahan said "He's considered to be right-of-centerrrr, but he's moderate, a centrist. He should be very fair to Dr. Cordelllll."

Teresa said "I heard that Governor Sharon Marshall is putting political pressure on the State Medical Board by threatening to bring in a State Tax Authority and SBI audit of the Board's expenditures to lawyers on that case if they don't restore Dr. Cordell's license to practice medicine."

I replied "But they're not the problem. Jeff Woolsey, CEO of BigBenefitInsurance, is pushing very, very hard to keep Dr. Cordell's license suspended. One reason for Governor Marshall's threats to investigate the State Medical Board is because of rumors that Woolsey has been trying to bribe the Board members, and he's definitely paying lawyers to flood the Court with 'friend of the Court' briefs as well as help the Board's lawyers plan their defense. Woolsey is going 'scorched earth' on this, and I've heard that if Dr. Cordell wins and gets his license back, Woolsey is going to fund lawsuit after lawsuit against Dr. Cordell."

"Good thing Cordell has that legal defense fund." Teresa said. "I heard that money is pouring into that from all over the country. Navy people, doctors, and just good people everywhere are helping out."

After finishing off our lunches, the Chief said "Sheriff, are there any newww election issssuessss cropping up?"

Griswold replied "A few. The NEA, the powerful Teacher's Union, has strongly endorsed Bill Redmond against Edna Carter for School Board Chairman, and they are vowing their own scorched earth campaign against Edna. Ryan Paulson, the Establishment Elitist who lost to Daniel Allgood in the primary for Mayor, has not only not endorsed Daniel, but he may actually endorse the Democrat against Daniel, Stacy Jacobs."

I said "Proving me right about the Republican Establishment Elites preferring Democrats to Conservatives. But Paulson is nothing now. I -am- worried about the Teacher's Union, though. They are dirty, and they'll even resort to physical violence to achieve their goals."

After a moment, the Sheriff said "Okay, the reason I asked you all to lunch is to get you up to speed on the really big issue. I've gotten word that the US DOJ Civil Rights Division is coming, and this time it's for real."

"I've heard that before. So many times." Cindy said acerbically. "Why should we think they're not bluffing this time?"

"Because now is the time." I said. "Now that the primaries are over, they're going to come after Daniel Allgood, in order to influence the election for Mayor. They may also go after Miriam Walters and Michael T. McGill, to help Savannah Fineman and especially Alvin Whitner win the D.A. and Solicitor elections."

"What the hell can they go after Miriam Walters for?" gasped Teresa.

"Prosecuting Breonna Bryant." I replied. "They're going to say the prosecution was a misapplication of the law and racially motivated, and that Miriam Walters is using her Office to target Blacks for harsh application of the law, high bails, and imprisonment, while not going after Whites."

Teresa asked bitterly: "So why don't they go through the proper channels, the Court system, if they don't like it that Breonna Bryant was convicted? And we're not arresting anyone based on the color of their skin. We arrest them for committing crimes."

I said "They're doing it the way they are because their intent is to use lawfare to achieve their 'woke', racist goals."

Griswold: "And what's more, they're sending Ava Hinds to come after the TCPD. More specifically, to come after Crowbar, here, and destroy him. They'd normally use a Consent Decree to subjugate us to their Totalitarian agenda, but they know that won't work against Crowbar. So they'll settle for utterly destroying the TCPD. And if we don't want that to happen, we better be ready for them..."

Part 11 - Troy Family Values

7:30pm, Thursday, June 2nd. For the past three nights, Tasha had been picked up by her mother Paulina and taken home to Paulina's condo, and Michael McGill had either been in the car, at the condo, or had arrived shortly after the mother and daughter. And he had stayed overnight with Paulina. On this night, Tasha had been staying at her friend Agnes Reynolds's home, and when she was picked up, Michael had been in the car with Paulina.

They drove to Paulina's condo, stopping at a Chinese takeout place from which Paulina had called ahead and ordered dinner. At home, they all brought in a sack of food, and Tasha set her book-bag knapsack down on the sofa in the main room while Paulina and Michael began setting the places at the breakfast room table and putting out the food.

"Tasha, come to dinner." Paulina said as she put the food on the plates and Michael took them to the table. Tasha dutifully came over to the table.

As they all sat down, Paulina said to Michael "We got a lot done today. The flyers are being printed and will go out over the weekend."

Michael said "Don't forget the D-Day Picnic at the Fairgrounds on Sunday. The American Legion and the TCRC are sponsoring it, and most of the Republican candidates will be there. I'd love for you to be there with me, and maybe Tasha can come too?"

Tasha had been quiet from the time she'd been picked up at The Cabin, and she'd been quiet and had kept to herself whenever Michael was at dinner with her and her mother, and had not participated in conversations at the dinner table, unlike the good talks she and her mother would have when it was just the two of them, or when she was part of the Troy Clan at the dinner table on weekends. But tonight, she spoke up.

"June 6th is my brother Jim's birthday." Tasha said. "We're having his birthday party Sunday."

"Oh yeah, that's right." Paulina said. "I can still go with you, Michael."

"Well, you both could go to the event with me for lunch, then go to the birthday party." Michael said. Paulina looked over at Tasha, who looked back at her mother with a look of fear on her little face as she shook her head 'no'.

"Uh, maybe not this time." Paulina said, and Tasha looked much more relieved.

"Okay then." Michael said. Then, trying to break the ice with Tasha and draw her into the conversation, he said "So what did you do today, Little Love?"

Tasha's eyes widened in shock, and then anger. "DON'T CALL ME THAT!" she screamed.

"Tasha!" Paulina said, her voice connoting her total surprise.

Tasha yelled at the top of her lungs: "THAT'S WHAT MY DADDY CALLS ME! YOU'RE NOT MY DADDY, AND YOU NEVER WILL BE!"

With that, she hopped to the floor and raced away from the table, crying. She went and grabbed her book-bag, then ran to her room and slammed the door shut, leaving Paulina and Michael gaping...

To be continued....in the next story, 'Father's Day'...