Captain Emrah Jackson Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You bought it off a pirate named Talia, didn't you."

He nodded silently. His eyes moved quickly over me. He was trying to work me out, wondering if I was too much trouble.

"My name is Emrah, and you were right, I'm from the Siren's Kiss. All I want is a little information then I will be out of your hair."

Something had spooked him, and he talked quietly now.

"Listen, sweetie, I was going to buy them but she had other plans for them."

It was like a light bulb went off, and I knew exactly what Talia had done with them. "She sold them to the gladiator arena, didn't she." The change in his demeanour told me all I needed to know.

Then suddenly there was a loud crash from outside, that shook the flimsy portacabin. As soon as it happened I heard many shouts and loud swearing. It made him jump up from the couch and all the blood drained from his face. Before either of us could say a word the door to the portacabin flew open and a worker came bustling in.

"Boss you better get out here now," he said, and with that disappeared again.

I thanked him hastily, and made my way out into the sun. I could hear him calling after me, asking about the credits, but I ignored him.

As I passed the ruined UEN ship, I saw that half the scaffolding had collapsed creating a large dust cloud. Men raced around it, probably looking for injured workers. I couldn't think about that now as I made my way to the gladiator arena.

*********.

There was a large line outside that I joined. From what I gathered they were waiting for the matinee. There were all types of people waiting, from dock workers, to residents, and pirates. The hot sun was beating down on me, and feeling a little hungover made my stomach queasy. I bought a bottle of water from a seller who was walking the length of the queue.

Once I got inside it was cooler. I tried enquiring at the ticket booth, but was pressed to buy a ticket. It was only further into the structure that I could speak to someone with a bit more authority. I told him plainly who I wanted to see.

It was an old friend that came to meet me. It was Ullman. He had been my guard when I was a captive here. He wouldn't recognise me though, not after my surgery. When I told him who I was he didn't believe me, and it was only when I told him details about my stay that he finally accepted.

"So, you decided on a pirate's life then, Emrah." he said, and patted my shoulder.

"Something like that," I said, with a smile. While he had been my captor he had always treated me fairly and with respect.

"You're looking to recruit now?" he asked.

I nodded, and told him I was looking for anyone who might have been in the UEN.

He shrugged and told me he didn't know that much about anyone's backstory.

"They would have been wearing smart blue uniforms when they were brought in, there would have been about twelve of them."

That jogged his memory, and he told me he knew where to take me. He led me through an underground corridor.

"I think this is one of them," Ullman said, stopping by a small dusty cell.

I thanked him, and told him to give us some privacy.

Inside was a rather bruised and battered middle-aged man. He had a full beard and a slightly balding head. This wasn't a man in his prime and from the state of him he didn't look like he had long left. He didn't even look up as I approached. My heart was beating in my chest. There was a chance, a very small chance that he might recognise me.

"Who are you?" were his first words, and part of me was glad I didn't have to explain my story to him.

"I'm a friend, you are in the UEN, right?" I asked.

He nodded, weakly.

"I'm here to help, to get you out of here."

"Oh thank god," he said, in a shaky voice. He told me his name was Lieutenant Velez, and the ship I had found in the wrecking yard was called the Denmark.

I asked him about the other members of the crew.

"It's just me left, all the others were killed in the arena."

It was a shock to hear, and I asked if he was certain. Velez nodded sadly, but then added that he was sure a woman named Alissia Haaze was still alive. "They told us they were selling her to a pleasure house."

My heart sank at the news. Hopefully, she was still alive, but my first concern had to be this man.

His story was similar to mine. They were answering a call from a stricken colony, when they went to investigate, all they had found was Talia's ship. As they were in a medical ship there hadn't been much of a fight and the crew ended up in the hold and the ship was towed here to Ferrin.

"What happened to your Captain?" I asked.

"He died when they boarded us," Velez said. He told me he had been killed defending the ship.

"Like a real Captain should," I said, with some regret. "How did they treat the women?"

"Not well," he said, casting his eyes down at his feet, and I didn't press him further. How could Talia do such a thing, I thought with anger.

"I'm going to have a word with Ullman," I said, and left him to his misery.

"I want that one," I said, as I approached Ullman.

He nodded, but with a puzzled look. "He's not exactly the best we've had come through here."

"How do I get him out without having to have him fight for his freedom?"

He shook his head, and told me that was the only way.

It was my turn to lower my voice, and I asked him what sort of bribe it would take.

"There is no bribe, his only way out is death or victory. Do you want to talk about sponsoring a match for his freedom?"

Ullman had always been honest with me, and I had to believe he was telling the truth Even if I was to arrange a match for his freedom, there wouldn't be a guarantee that he would win.

"I get to pick the other fighter though?" I asked, wondering if I could find someone worse than Velez.

"Truth is Emrah, he isn't even at the stage yet. No one wants a fight between two amateurs."

Then I asked him something I really didn't want to ask. "Can I get an audience with Yarrin?"

Ullman took out his comms device and told me he would see what he could do. Yarrin owned the arena and the last time I was here he had taken a shine to me. He had even offered me a place as one of his handmaidens after I won my freedom. It was a gamble that he would even see us, but it was worth a shot. After a brief conversation, he nodded, and told me that he would take me up.

Yarrin's throne room was much the same as I remembered it. It had a highly polished marble floor and all the trappings of someone who valued wealth and power against all else. He was perched on an ornate throne, and we approached him with the respect that was due him. Like Ullman He didn't recognise me, but Ullman made the introductions as a winner and gave me a brief nod as we were introduced to him. I told him that I wanted to recruit Velez, but wasn't prepared to take the risk that he would die in the arena.

He seemingly ignored my request, and instead asked if I was enjoying my freedom.

"Very much so," I said, graciously.

"So why is this man in my arena so important to you?" Yarrin said, in his thin voice.

"He is an old friend of mine," I said, trying to elicit some sympathy from him.

Yarrin thought about it and waved his hand dismissively. "It makes no difference, if I do this thing for you, I have to do it for everyone. I cannot lose a fighter, these are the rules."

I asked him if I could take his place, and fight on his behalf. It intrigued him, but his answer was the same. It would go against the ethos of the arena.

*********

I spoke to Velez again. This time I asked him to describe Alissia for me. I needed as much information as possible.

Before I left he asked how I was going to get him out. I lied and told him I was working on it.

Ullman told me Velez was fighting tonight, so I stayed around to watch. Not out of any morbid curiosity, but just to be there for him. To be a witness if he did die in this awful place.

Instead of sitting with the rest of the paying customers, Ullman took me to a more exclusive part of the arena. He told me it was on Yarrin's orders. Mostly because I was a previous winner here.

I had never been in this part of the building before. It was a lot fancier. There were carpets on the floor, and everything was well lit.

As I made my way up some stairs, I felt a knot in my stomach. Was I just going to watch this man be killed, I wondered. In many ways, I felt more nervous now, than when I had been going to a fight myself.

A large guard was standing next to the door of Yarrin's private box, and after asking my name he let me through. It was a small space, with terraced seats. There were people already sitting in them, but no Yarrin. A smartly dressed usher showed me to my seat. The others were all finely dressed, and I felt somewhat our of place. From my seat I could see down into the sandy arena. Only a perspex screen separated us from the action. At either side were two digital viewing screens, that I suspected would provide close up feeds of the action. If I was here for anything other than combat I might have enjoyed my surroundings.

After some time Yarrin made his entrance. He was flanked by two of his handmaidens, and a bodyguard that lingered behind him. All the other guests made a great effort to greet him, but all I did was give him a casual nod. There didn't seem to be a seat reserved for him, and I was surprised when he took a place directly behind me. It was somewhat disconcerting to have him sitting right at my back like this.

"Your friend will be fighting in the third match," Yarrin, whispered over my shoulder.

Suddenly the whole arena erupted in a loud cheer that I could hear through the perspex. It seemed the first match was about to start. When I fought in one, it was called a spectacle match, and it looked much the same this time. Over a hundred fighters were dumped into the arena armed with spears, and told they had to fight to the death. I tried my best to not watch, but it was hard not to. Around me, there was polite applause as the numbers were whittled down. It was a horrible scene, as the weaker fighters were hunted and slain by the stronger ones. Finally only one was left. The winner was a tall man who had beaten the last fighter to death with his broken spear. The crowd erupted once again.

Next there was a break as workers rushed into the area to clear the dead away. The viewing screens showed highlights of the previous day's matches while we waited.

"Does this bring back fond memories?" Yarrin asked over my shoulder.

I nodded, but didn't turn.

The next match began, and this time it was a doubles match. Two fighters were brought out, with their hands chained together. They faced three opponents at a time. They had swords, and the match was brought to a swift end when one of them was killed. The last one standing was quickly overwhelmed and dispatched with ease.

The tightness in my stomach was increasing. This would be Velez's match. Hopefully, it wouldn't be one that required a death.

The announcer came on the tannoy, telling the crowd that this match would see the debut of a brand new fighter, and that it was going to be a test of endurance. If he didn't defeat his opponents he would be killed. My heart was in my mouth when I saw the fighter make his entrance. He was a bear of a man. He was wearing a small amount of armour, and he looked tentatively around the arena. I remembered how my emotions had been mixed the first time I stepped out in front of such a large crowd. He was armed with a thick wooden club, and strolled very casually into the centre of the arena. His opponents soon appeared. There were over thirty of them, and I had a hard time picking out Velez. One after another they charged at him. The fighter was smart and didn't tire himself out as he beat them back. He was letting them do all the work. After a few minutes, there were a number of them laying injured on the ground at his feet. Thankfully Velez was keeping his distance and being cautious

Suddenly something on the back of my neck broke my concentration. It was Yarrin's finger. he was gently stroking it across my skin. It sent a shiver through my body, and I stiffened up.

"How does it make you feel to watch your lover like this," he said, quietly.

I tried to ignore him the best I could. It was just his little power trip, I thought. Velez wasn't my lover, but that didn't mean I didn't feel for him.

The fighter was weakening. On the close-up view, I saw that sweat was pouring off him, and his face was red with exertion. He had disabled almost half his opponents, and I hoped that he wouldn't make it to the end. He was going to die before the baying crowd. Better him than Velez

"A very poor fighter," Yarrin, commented. His finger was still caressing my neck, and I wanted to bat it away in anger. He was right. He was an incredibly large man, but his skill was not up there with the best

The fighter then made a silly mistake and received a nasty strike on his leg. It was nearing the end, and I saw him beginning to limp around the arena. Three of the others including Velez rushed him. They were trying to exploit his obvious injury, but then it dawned on me that it was a fake. He was pretending. My whole body tensed up and I felt sick to my stomach. It was a mistake coming here, I thought. I wasn't going to save Velez. Like me he was far from home and I was going to watch him die at the far end of the galaxy.

The trick had worked and the beastly man took out the last there with incredible violence. Velez went down with a strike to the side of his head, and thankfully it didn't look like he suffered. The last opponent got a nasty beating till there was nothing left. The crowd erupted into loud cheers as I sank into my chair. It was a sad end, but inevitable. I was sorry I couldn't save him but he wasn't the only member of the UEN Denmark on this horrible planet.

As I rose I was stopped by Yarrin's desiccated hand on my shoulder.

"If you would like to meet tonight's winner I can arrange that, he would make a worthy friend to you."

"I'll pass," I said and stood up.

"Emrah, I would pay greatly to watch you entertain him on the pleasure level," he said, with narrowed eyes.

I didn't answer and made my way out.

***************

I set off looking for Alissia as soon as I left the arena. Watching Velez die had shaken me and I was eager to start my search. It was late evening and most of the pleasure houses were open now. I tried the ones in the shipyards first, but with no luck. I would have to try the old town. Most of them were in the same district, which meant I didn't have to do a lot of back and forth. All I had was her name and description from Velez. They would have most likely changed her name, but I was confident if she was here I would find her.

I started at the cheaper places. They didn't cost me a lot in door fees and it only took me a few moments to realize that she wouldn't be in one of these places. The women inside were all older and of a much lower quality than I had ever seen on Ferrin. Even if Talia had sold her to one of these places, I would imagine they would have sold her on to a more expensive venue and pocketed the difference.

With some reluctance I came across the pleasure house I had been held in. The only time I ever saw it was when I left, and by that point I was deep into my wax addiction. It was a strong memory though. The sun was dipping behind the horizon as I arrived. It was a three-story building, with high walls, and security guards hanging around at the entrance. It wasn't an inviting place to be visiting with a sober head.

"It's a thousand credit entry fee," a bouncer said, as I walked up to the entrance.

"Bit steep isn't it," I said, as I fished around in my pocket.

He chuckled and told me he would halve it if I sucked his cock. I smirked and handed him my pass.

After showing me inside, my mauler pistol was taken off me and stored in a safe. A cold feeling washed over me as I made my way into the courtyard where I had spent most of my working time. It was fairly busy with plenty of eager men filling up the seating. As soon as I sat down I was joined by a young woman with braids in her hair.

"I'm Peach, what's your name?" she asked, with a chipper voice.

"Emrah," I said.

Her hands were already stroking against my coveralls, and she asked if I had been on Ferrin long. I wanted to be polite, I had been in her situation and knew that any customer dissatisfaction was always scrutinized.

"Not long, how long have you worked here?"

She laughed. "Not long." Her fingers had worked their way up my shoulders and were playfully tugging at my collar. I was suspicious of her claim to be new, but I wasn't here to expose anyone's lies. I had to pick my questions carefully. Whatever I asked would most likely be answered in a way to try and satisfy me. If I asked to see any girls matching Alissia's description, I would be sent to a room with a girl that looked as close as possible to her, which would only waste my time.

"Are there any more girls upstairs?" I asked

She chuckled and told me I shouldn't be so greedy. "Why don't I get you a drink?"

It was hopeless, and I tried a different tack. "Listen, I'll be honest, I'm looking for a friend of mine. She got sold to one of these places."

Suddenly her demeanour changed. She looked shiftily to her side, and for a second I thought she was going to leave.

"What is her name?"

"Alissia."

She shook her head, and quickly told me that there was no one of that name here. Helpfully she told me of two other pleasure houses nearby that had a more regular turnover of girls and that I could try there. I thanked her for her help, and she whispered, "good luck," as I left.

***********

I tried the first place the girl had mentioned. This place was a lot easier to check as they had pictures of all the girls in the lobby. I didn't even have to pay an entry fee to find out that she wasn't here. Then I was quickly on my way to the other venue.

The next place looked a lot more discrete. Instead of a gaudy sign and bouncers out front. It was just an iron door on a nondescript building. If it wasn't for the girl's directions I wouldn't have guessed it was a pleasure house at all. Perhaps it was shut at the moment, I thought. I banged the heel of my hand on the iron door and waited for a response.

Eventually, a slot in the door opened and I could see a pair of eyes looking out at me.

"Credit pass," the male voice said.

I shrugged and passed it inside, hoping I wasn't about to be robbed. For a few moments, I waited in silence till I heard bolts being unlocked from inside. The door swung open and I made my way in. It was incredibly dimly lit, and didn't look like any pleasure house I'd been in before.

"Is this your first time?" I was asked, by a short bespectacled man with a ratty beard.

"Uh yeah,"

He nodded, "thought so," he said, looking me up and down, "you don't look like a regular. So what are you looking for tonight?"

"Can I see the girls?" I asked.

He chuckled as he scratched an itch on his neck. "This really is your first time isn't it," he offered me my credit pass back and told me that maybe I should find somewhere else to have some fun tonight.

"I'm fine here," I said declining his offer. "A friend suggested this place."

"Okay then, drop your pistol there, and follow me."

I did as he asked and deposited my gun on a table and followed him. I got the feeling that this pace was exclusive, but I couldn't work out why. The walls were painted black and looked grubby. Even the floor felt sticky underneath my boots.

"My name is Lorgar," he said, as he led me into a quiet bar area. "You don't look like one of our usual customers, but I guess it takes all sorts," he said. The bar was practically empty, just a couple chatting in a booth and a bored looking bartender.